• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly |8/24-30| Trying Our Hardest to Become Pachinko Slot Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shackzam

My guess is green being returning characters that were in the SF4 roster. Blue being those not in 4.
I was just talking about how the green section would be the street fighter series in whole and alpha being a completely different section. So you could put sf3 onto that even broader guess of what the characters being chosen.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I hope Laura is a BJJ character. Rushdown grapples with fast movement.

Good point on the V-Trigger, too. Revealing a character that overturns our V-Trigger expectations would be fantastic.

Also, Panda warned y'all about ZTS. :p

Rushdown grapples sounds a little bit like Abel, only now they can make it a little more intuitive like they did with Birdie and less brain dead than Abel in SF4. Less 50/50's and more reads that lead to good damage/resets that can be heavily punished if missed. Basically a Wolverine missing his divekick and being a sitting duck for all to punish him.

the less games a character has been in, the better they are

0 games (new characters) are the best, followed by one game, down the line until you get to ryu

this logic... i cannot contest it.

he perma'd?

Nah, he'll be back by Thanksgiving to break bread with us.

rookiejet

It seems like a new development that Capcom is, atleast openly, surveying for character consideration. I'm inclined to put less (measured) popularity significance on their past character choices

So I am not able to get online matches in KoFUM2002, is that normal? I have only gotten 1 opponent in the entire day.

itsdeadjim.jpg

Try hitting up dream cancel. The game's population is not large enough where you can jump on randomly and find a match, you'll have to plan and co-ordinate to play sets. I'm down to play too (I'm on the East Coast, my steam username is the same)

There's only one variant of apple that can contend with A tier and that's a good Fuji apple. If anything, the other types of apples hold them back as a whole making everything else sneak up over it. Oranges though are just made to be broken tier.

Furthermore, how can anyone hate on plums?
You have my sword

There's only one variant of apple that can contend with A tier and that's a good Fuji apple. If anything, the other types of apples hold them back as a whole making everything else sneak up over it. Oranges though are just made to be broken tier.

Furthermore, how can anyone hate on plums?
I used to adore Fuji apples, but then I tried a Honeycrisp. Nothing else compares. If you haven't had one, make sure you get one that's a bright shiney red. Incredibly. Apple pie of 50/50 Fuji and Honeycrisp is unbeatable.

4r5

If Guile gets in SFV, I want his V-Skill to be him combing his hair, hold for more combing. Combing hair builds V-Gauge. His V-Trigger will be, he puts on his shades. They'll act like Vega's mask, can be knocked off. While Guile is wearing shades, he takes no chip damage. Guile can have more than one pair of shades on.

Or just give me more Final Fight chars. Carlos, Lucia, Maki, Dean..
Check out Carlos. He grew up in South America, studying various martial arts. To finish up his studies, he moves to... METRO CITY!

mangos are top tier
then certain types of berries (eg black and raspberries)
then certain apples
then pears
then everything else

Dominican Zapote>Lechosa>Banana>Limoncillo>Apple (except that shitty McIntosh type)>Pear>Dates>Mango>Grapes>Figs>Grapes>Pineapple

I like most fruits I eat, so even pineapple is good shit. Apples are amazing, but most people only ever eat the mainstream stuff. I've personally tried very few types.

Look at this weak as fuck list, no conviction whatsoever. "Certain types," pfft.

some apples are way better than others. green apples and jazz apples are goat, everything else whack. blueberries dont hold a candle to the intricate flavors of black and raspberries. It's like jp vs. us and europe in the fgc.

some apples are way better than others. green apples and jazz apples are goat, everything else whack. blueberries dont hold a candle to the intricate flavors of black and raspberries. It's like jp vs. us and europe in the fgc.
You have to choose. Say it witcha chest.

Watermelon is the best melon, fuck all the rest. And if you fuck with other melons, then leave.

Chino XL, fuck you too.

jerry1594

Maybe KOF and xSF, but Nicalis is worthless and the Beasts Fury guy doesn't know how to program frame data into a fighting game.

Might want to add Pocket Rumble to the list since it might actually be a thing now too.
Beast's Fury is shitcanned. I was watching a stream once and the guy comes in and talks to the streamer, something like "oh the name? Its some cancelled fighting game i dumped 500k into"

Pineapple on pizza is great too. I don't why people are so hung up on fucking food.

shaowebb

Its that time again...
Cq7TVQV.jpg

Its that time again...

I want a character's V-Trigger to give him/her infinite super armor on his normals and specials. Here's the catch; the armor only occurs during move animations, and doing any move will take a chunk of the V-meter(or whatever it's called) away, even on whiff. Normals take a chunk, specials take a bigger chunk.

Guys, guys. HoneyCrisp are the best apples, then granny smith.

All apples are good though, hmmm. Can't wait till apple season...

And pineapple, or pears, are good on burgers.

Its that time again...

Strong one-use tools that change the match. Like a slow homing fireball or a scary command grab on a character that doesn't normally have one or stuff like that.

Match-long buffs would be cool too. Like a character that has only one block of v-gauge but can pop the trigger for a minor buff that sticks around for the whole match. Making them scarier the longer the game goes on.

Sayad

Its that time again...
Cq7TVQV.jpg
Urien steel body blocking(just with a better name):
- Hold mp and mk to block, you take no white damage from normal attacks, heavily reduced chip damage from specials and make sweet metal sounds while blocking
- Increases bush back but also increases Urien's block stun(original idea, do not steal)
- No need to push back to block while doing it, so no cross ups, but the player still need to crouch to block lows
- Builds very little V-Gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom