• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly |8/24-30| Trying Our Hardest to Become Pachinko Slot Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
All good changes in SFV, IMO. Except maybe the Nash teleport combo nerf. I don't see why that's necessary.

I wish i knew! It might just be upper body invincible or something. There's also the fact that her D moves (so the uppercut, the command throw, the hit throw/combo ender and the air fireballs) seem to eat a little meter for their standard good versions, and then there's a worse version that comes out if you're out of meter.

So far the command throw is slower when out of meter and the air fireball tosses only one of them. Perhaps the DP is invincible with meter and not without?
Good speculation - thank you.

they tightened up the graphics, right?
Yep.

BadWolf

Not surprised at the Nash nerf, being able to land a full combo at the drop of a hat from pretty much anywhere was too good.

Zissou

Not surprised at the Nash nerf, being able to land a full combo at the drop of a hat from pretty much anywhere was too good.

Was it really that 'guaranteed' though? I dunno- I felt like I could generally block boom + teleport, but maybe the players I was up against weren't doing it well.

Was it really that 'guaranteed' though? I dunno- I felt like I could generally block boom + teleport, but maybe the players I was up against weren't doing it well.
Or jump. It wasn't really easy to set up unless you already had pressure going.

Apparently it's the comboability that's nerfed, not the movement.

Zissou

True on the jump too. With Chun with down charge ex sbk probably wrecks it too? I would think Ryu should mash the stick alternating between df and db and get autocorrect DP on reaction too.

BadWolf

That's a more telegraphed way of using it, I meant more in terms of punishing things with any kind of delay (so fireballs etc.) for big damage.

With the V-Gauge building so fast (even while blocking and being thrown), this V-Trigger would have become a big problem in no time.

Ah, such a nerf would be the next best thing.

Zissou

I'm having a hard time parsing this

shallowfootsiesu9qvr.png

rookiejet

God, Johnny looks like so much fun. Arcsys pls let me have this soon ;_;

Edit: Was there a range limit to Nash's teleport or could he do it from anywhere and still be behind the other character?

Zissou

God, Johnny looks like so much fun. Arcsys pls let me have this soon ;_;

Edit: Was there a range limit to Nash's teleport or could he do it from anywhere and still be behind the other character?

It always tracked to their position, no? (i.e., would be the same position relative to the opposing character for one of three positions of your choice)

rookiejet

Yeah, I would rather they make it not track or place you near the opponent when you used from past jump-in range, rather than nerf its combo ability and reward.

All good changes in SFV, IMO. Except maybe the Nash teleport combo nerf. I don't see why that's necessary.

They really are trying to make this game as unfun as possible. Nash's teleport was the one interesting cool V-Trigger with multiple uses. Even then it was weak cause he only got ONE per round. Then they remove the ability to use it as a combo extender? Stupid. It was the reason I played him in the beta. Lame.

Pompadour

They really are trying to make this game as unfun as possible. Nash's teleport was the one interesting cool V-Trigger with multiple uses. Even then it was weak cause he only got ONE per round. Then they remove the ability to use it as a combo extender? Stupid. It was the reason I played him in the beta. Lame.

So are we sure it definitely can't be used to extend combos? I thought they just limited its capacity in that regard.

Skilletor

It just means you have to consider your spacing when using it, that's not really all that weird.

No, it neuters its utility by making it dependent on the opponent's position instead of my desire. I don't want the AI to make a decision for me. I hate that more than anything. It's one of the reasons I'm liking SF5 so much with getting rid of proximity normals.

Zissou

No, it neuters its utility by making it dependent on the opponent's position instead of my desire. I don't want the AI to make a decision for me. I hate that more than anything. It's one of the reasons I'm liking SF5 so much with getting rid of proximity normals.

It could work like Wesker's teleports and go fixed distance w/o taking into account opponent position at all.

True on the jump too. With Chun with down charge ex sbk probably wrecks it too? I would think Ryu should mash the stick alternating between df and db and get autocorrect DP on reaction too.
I actually think DPs might autocorrect still. Otherwise I had someone land an UNREAL side-swapped DP one time.

If they want to make the most unfun game ever, they have still have to beat SFIV and Tekken.

Skilletor

It could work like Wesker's teleports and go fixed distance w/o taking into account opponent position at all.

Then it becomes a very weak vtrigger since one of its uses is to shutdown the fireball game no matter where you are on screen.

Maybe you could make one or two positions go a fixed distance, but I think one of them needs to be able to counter the fireball full screen.

rookiejet

Well, yeah! That's why they are nerfing it, haha. I'm suggesting that change as an alternative for it to remain close to what it is now while being less problematic in neutral.

Zissou

Then it becomes a very weak vtrigger since one of its uses is to shutdown the fireball game no matter where you are on screen.

Maybe you could make one or two positions go a fixed distance, but I think one of them needs to be able to counter the fireball full screen.

Why do you need to be able to counter a fireball at full screen?

Pompadour

If that's how it works it sounds like the EX tracking moves in 3S that have a max range. So the game won't decide if your combo works or not in practice because like any other combo people do the ones that work. It could limit the variety of combos you do.

I'm not a fan of the change as I felt the teleport worked fantastic in the beta. We got at least half a year left until release so maybe it will be changed back.

Then they probably nerfed it specifically to prevent that. The common complaint I see about SFV is that the zoning game is weak. Nash has a ton of ways to get past fireballs, he doesn't need one that leads into just about any combo you want that itself doesn't require a teleport.

Zissou

Using anti-fireball v-skill to build a really good anti-fireball v-trigger is kinda goofy though? I dunno. I'm saying this as somebody who didn't mind fighting current beta build Nash at all.

Seems like people are getting closer and closer to just putting MGS5 spoilers in their thread titles instead of keeping it contained to the designated spoiler thread.

Everyone who's planning on getting the game and don't want to be spoiled, be careful roaming General Gaming.

Also when's that announcement that Ono was hinting at on his Twitter?

BadWolf

Seems like people are getting closer and closer to just putting MGS5 spoilers in their thread titles instead of keeping it contained to the designated spoiler thread.

Everyone who's planning on getting the game and don't want to be spoiled, be careful roaming General Gaming.

Yeah, this is so fucking stupid.

rookiejet

I just want Nash to be cheap (but not too cheap). I'm tired of playing honest ;___;

edit: It's driven me to playing sims and Hearthstone ;___;

Also when's that announcement that Ono was hinting at on his Twitter?
We don't know for sure. Ono's not making an appearance there himself it seems so I'd expect it to likely be handled in much the same way as Vega: a trailer released somewhere in the ballpark of the actual event.
Whether they do it beforehand like Vega or wait until sometime around when they're doing the Streetfighter stuff at PAX itself is anyone's guess though :eek:

TL:DR basically sometime this weekend :p

pizzacat

Banned

So let's see if I got this right

You won't be able to jab after teleport and ex moonsault?

I think good Nash players will be defined by their capacity to get multiple V-Triggers off per round.
The other person would adapt by half bar, would happen to me at least

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro

Passion always trumps logic in Gaming side. Except for FGW of course. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom