• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 21-27 | Easter EG Hunting

Silky

Banned
By far the best thing about Takeshi's Challenge is the crouch animation.

pZWo7MV.png

stMCA6E.png

dat struggle hug

Tekniqs

Yes like C.HK or C.MK with Ryu for instance but doing a 5f normal on a -5 move is a 0 frame punish, which is very hard too do. Preferably, you would want a normal that starts up faster than 5f and can reach Dee Jay or a 5f special move that you can reversal with.

i never realized Ryu's sweep has a faster start up than Akuma's. Visually, it seems to be the opposite.

i never realized Ryu's sweep has a faster start up than Akuma's. Visually, it seems to be the opposite.

I thought the same thing for 2 years. But I finally realized why I thought Akuma's sweep was faster, it's because his walk speed is so much faster than Ryu's. The way he can zip in and out of footsie range against Ryu and many other characters made me think that thing was faster than it actually was. Maybe that's what fooled you to.

Kazunoko is attending a stream for Ultra at the Akiba Leisure Land today and is doing commentary, I think. The stream starts in about 30 minutes at this link apparently. Looks like the godsgarden crew?

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv177089883

Thanks Shouta.

BTW, are you the same Shouta at SRK that posted about Hawk in one of the USF4 thread? Just wondering because that account was registered 12 years ago. I didn't know you were that OG if that was you lol.

Shouta

I thought the same thing for 2 years. But I finally realized why I thought Akuma's sweep was faster, it's because his walk speed is so much faster than Ryu's. The way he can zip in and out of footsie range against Ryu and many other characters made me think that thing was faster than it actually was. Maybe that's what fooled you to.

Thanks Shouta.

BTW, are you the same Shouta at SRK that posted about Hawk in one of the USF4 thread? Just wondering because that account was registered 12 years ago. I didn't know you were that OG if that was you lol.

lol, now I see what you mean. Those guys saw how old my account was and the fact I only had like 250 posts in total over there.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Why do you think that? I am just wondering because I plan on picking her up when Ultra comes out

Her flip kicks let her advance over projectiles at mid to close range. Counter hits with it lead to full combos. Think Adon but easier as it's not a tiger knee input

Fire balls keep up with guile in projectile wars

She has safe rekas she can start off long range normals

Ex Reka leads to resets with cross unders

Her normals are amazing

She's fast

I haven't seen the HP fireball yet in SF4 but if it's the same as SFxT she has sakura's fireball oki set up as well

xCobalt

Although Ryu has faster startup, his sweep has more total frames. I'm thinking a combination of frames and the animation of the sweep makes you think Akuma's is faster.

Although Ryu has faster startup, his sweep has more total frames. I'm thinking a combination of frames and the animation of the sweep makes you think Akuma's is faster.

Now that I think about it, you're right. That also played a part of why I thought it was faster. I just never thought about it that way until you brought it up. But recovery definitely had something to do with it as well. It still blows my mind when I see someone jump a Ryu who just tried to sweep him, and the guy jumping can still land a jumping attack before Ryu recovers from his sweep.

mbpm1

Her flip kicks let her advance over projectiles at mid to close range. Counter hits with it lead to full combos. Think Adon but easier as it's not a tiger knee input

Fire balls keep up with guile in projectile wars

She has safe rekas she can start off long range normals

Ex Reka leads to resets with cross unders

Her normals are amazing

She's fast

I haven't seen the HP fireball yet in SF4 but if it's the same as SFxT she has sakura's fireball oki set up as well

I've seen a player try the fireball setup. It looks like it ought to work with some practice timing setups.

Overall, Poison looks versatile and deadly.

I am planning an UMVC3 event sometime soon, its going to be something like the Pandaxgaming Fight Night stream where they have various players play FT3-5 sets and the main event plays a FT10. But its going to be for UMVC3!

I already have some various players lined up for it, such as some online warriors I made friends with online, and also Cloud805 said he would join in too!

Not sure how many matches I would do at all, most likely have like 2-3 Small ones and the main event.

Also going to try to pick players that have decent connections to limit the lag as best as I can, but you know UMVC3 online...

Clawww

Now that I think about it, you're right. That also played a part of why I thought it was faster. I just never thought about it that way until you brought it up. But recovery definitely had something to do with it as well. It still blows my mind when I see someone jump a Ryu who just tried to sweep him, and the guy jumping can still land a jumping attack before Ryu recovers from his sweep.

I have such a hard time playing Ryu because of that sweep recovery. It comes out fast as fuck and I'm always thirsty for that HKD but my god I get wrecked for it every fuckin time

Shito

Don't know if it was posted already, but I missed this FT5 between Combofiend and Vic the Slick (which happened at NCR I suppose?): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXuNJY9aOk4

Combofiend is playing Poison. #pagingQ
He's making her look quite good. Some guy in the comments is telling about how Combofiend told him she would lose her cancellable sweep, and how it's still just a "bugged" leftover from SFxT -- sounds fishy to me, as she still has it in the arcade version that released. If it really was a "bug", I doubt it would have made it to the arcades...

kirblar

Calling it now, unless she gets nerfed on the way to the console version Poison will be A tier at the lowest
I expected Fei players to jump to her when he was heavily nerfed, and even now I think she's just looking sort of ridiculous if they want to play a more aggro character.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Don't know if it was posted already, but I missed this FT5 between Combofiend and Vic the Slick (which happened at NCR I suppose?): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXuNJY9aOk4

Combofiend is playing Poison. #pagingQ
He's making her look quite good. Some guy in the comments is telling about how Combofiend told him she would lose her cancellable sweep, and how it's still just a "bugged" leftover from SFxT -- sounds fishy to me, as she still has it in the arcade version that released. If it really was a "bug", I doubt it would have made it to the arcades...
Lol sounds a lot like when Seth would openly talk about "juice" in MvC3.

Skab

did the lethal league developers realise that they should make a more developed game after it blew up at ufgt last year?

Basically, yes. Seems like they're going all out with it, too. Which is fantastic.

(Also I almost made a new thread for that trailer but wasn't sure if it was worthy?)

Shito

I'd say Seth and Ultradavid are a little bit of the same "type": they're both rather collected and calm, providing the in-depth analysis, while James Chen is more on the exhuberant and "hype" side.

Top Bottom