• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 21-27 | Easter EG Hunting

Kumubou

I'm old enough that I don't want to tell you how old I am over the Internet.

Sion-tatari, Akiha Vermillion and Nanaya might be good characters for you in that case. Sion even looks a little like Noel.
You forgot to mention which moons, which is kind of important. :p

Vampire Sion is a good starting character, and most people play her in Half. Nanaya has a lot of pressure but relatively weak mixup (outside of F, anyway) and can be played in any moon (Half is probably the easiest to learn; Crescent's blockstrings can get stupidly involved) and would be workable for a new player. I would not advise new players to play Vermillion Akiha, because her health is awful -- dumb mistakes end up leading to huge damage from anything.

If you're following this advice (but you don't need to, a large part of the cast is very viable IMO), the best fit for you would probably be Crescent Seifuku Akiha. Her neutral isn't the greatest (but it's more than passable) and her mixup options are too real (it's like they put a BlazBlue character in the game, gah). I also think Half Sion or Half Aoko would be good picks (although managing held orbs with Aoko is a bit wonky to pick up).

And your comparison of Sion to Noel made me want to punch you through the Internet. :<

Astarte

I'm just speaking from experience. I'm considering suicide in a few years anyway.

Don't. I've dealt with a lot of suicides in my life and I've contemplated offing myself more than once in my life, but I've always carried on to see if I can make each day better.
Doubt you'd listen to someone you don't really know over the internet, but I really don't want bad shit to happen to you.

I'm at a crossroads between fighting games and I don't know what to choose. I play everything, but I really want to whittle that down to just a few. I guess I'll just make a complicated ass chart then.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Don't. I've dealt with a lot of suicides in my life and I've contemplated offing myself more than once in my life, but I've always carried on to see if I can make each day better.
Doubt you'd listen to someone you don't really know over the internet, but I really don't want bad shit to happen to you.

Live to see a happier day. World may be filled with crap and crappy people but eventually you'll even a gem you can call your own.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm at a crossroads between fighting games and I don't know what to choose. I play everything, but I really want to whittle that down to just a few. I guess I'll just make a complicated ass chart then.
I'm sort of feeling the same. There's so many things coming out this year that I'm sort of chilling with old titles.
wait woah huh why we talkin about suicide guys ;_;

Yeah :(

Wasn't expecting such a discussion after clicking.

Astarte

wait woah huh why we talkin about suicide guys ;_;

If someone mentions that they're offing themselves, I'm definitely going to have a say about it whether they like it or not. Even if it's not about fighting games.

d3cc8f958dd7fb2ee8f4a719d75fef15.png

Fuck flowcharts and my ability to draw using the mouse

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
If someone mentions that they're offing themselves, I'm definitely going to have a say about it whether they like it or not. Even if it's not about fighting games.

Spoken like a true Father.

You bastard Dominus. I hope you saw what happened to Combofiend after he picked Gief against me.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty

As a guy who used to play everything I highly highly highly recommend doing this. If you can narrow down the games you think are cool to include only those you can play offline, even better IMO. I wonder if some alternate universe oneida won't shut the fuck up about KoF98 or something just because that's what he plays offline.

Silky

Banned
Can't wait for Ultra to come out so I can be Omega Free in that.

Not feeling as confident with Adon/Dee-Jay like I used to. Guess I should return back to Cody/Oni.

Kumubou

I'm just speaking from experience. I'm considering suicide in a few years anyway.
Life may suck now -- but that can change. Being dead always sucks.

(Interestingly, playing fighting games with people both helped and exasperated my depression... but that's another story for another time.)

It's funny, I was discussing with a couple of other people about how I think some of the problems with 3D fighters is the relative lack of variety in them (compared to the different sub-genres of 2D fighters), and you post this. Looking at Fighting Vipers now is weird... and now I kind of want to play it.

Astarte

As a guy who used to play everything I highly highly highly recommend doing this. If you can narrow down the games you think are cool to include only those you can play offline, even better IMO. I wonder if some alternate universe oneida won't shut the fuck up about KoF98 or something just because that's what he plays offline.

Yeah, I'm actually going to sit down and make a pros/cons list for every game. Think I'll choose one main game and three sub games to narrow it down; I know I want some form of Guilty Gear in there, and I'm entirely open to 3D fighters. Time to choose between Virtua Fighter and Tekken!

There was a BlazBlue 2? Did it have new sprites?

Blazblue: Continuum Shift I'm guessing? It didn't have new sprites from what I can tell.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Can't wait for Ultra to come out so I can be Omega Free in that.

Not feeling as confident with Adon/Dee-Jay like I used to. Guess I should return back to Cody/Oni.

Oni for S-tier.

Great, I lose to an Adon cause that damn Guile Theme is playing in the background. Your ass is mine Silky.

Tik-Tok

Nope, not new sprites. You just haven't seen the game in ages I take it. BB's sprites have always looked good. It has all new backgrounds though.

BB2 was continuum shift.

I dunno maybe it was just the characters I was looking at

Game does look like fun though

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
It's funny, I was discussing with a couple of other people about how I think some of the problems with 3D fighters is the relative lack of variety in them (compared to the different sub-genres of 2D fighters), and you post this. Looking at Fighting Vipers now is weird... and now I kind of want to play it.

Go for it man, I think it's like $5 on PSN/XBLA. had all sorts of crazy stuff like air recovery, moves with a few hits of armor ... had walls before VF did. It's fun.

ibdli61eKKnUoE.gif

sorry bout the shitty gif

Xevren

That, and jumping around and comboing me to death with all those quick hits. And don't even get me started on the Flying Grayson or whatever that move is where he vaults towards you in pole mode.

I feel Nightwing can do great against Solomon just because of his many fast hits that make your armor useless. Wingdings have quite a bit of recovery so depending on his jump arc you could go for swamp hands to hit him on the way down.

Flying Grayson is duckable, maybe try and down 2 (medium) it? Most nightwings play kinda spazzy so you could just wait for him to do something unsafe and punish it. If he's smart and goes nuts with ex staff spin though that will be a problem, that blows up Grundy pretty hard.

I remember wanting to try out Blazblue when my brother got it from the mail. But after losing so many matches to him and my cousins, I realized that that game is not for me....because I suck.

I'm watching art's stream, bbcp looks fun. I should be working on my essay that's due tomorrow, but I'm easily distracted.

I dont remember BlazBlue having sprites this bad :/ The faces are not good.
must not take bait
I feel Nightwing can do great against Solomon just because of his many fast hits that make your armor useless. Wingdings have quite a bit of recovery so depending on his jump arc you could go for swamp hands to hit him on the way down.

Flying Grayson is duckable, maybe try and down 2 (medium) it? Most nightwings play kinda spazzy so you could just wait for him to do something unsafe and punish it. If he's smart and goes nuts with ex staff spin though that will be a problem, that blows up Grundy pretty hard.

Thanks for the advice. He plays smart since he's afraid of my Grundy, but that same fear bites him in the ass when he's in the corner.

Zhi &#8207;@Zhieeep 44m
How can I activate my account at Neo Gaf?

Mark Julio (&#12510;&#12540;&#12463;&#12510;&#12531;) &#8207;@MarkMan23 37m
@Zhieeep @Jfonzo Zhi, DM me your user name and email used plz.

Based Zhi incoming.

Top Bottom