• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 21-27 | Easter EG Hunting

Finally starting watching Kill la Kill, and my god this anime could EASY be a Fighting game! Only up to episode 6, but my god this anime man!

Kumubou

Also, any people familiar with Melty Blood in here? Just recently got the game and I'm wondering about what stuff differentiates it from other anime fighters and characters to start with. I'd normally jump in and pick whichever female character seems cool, but the amount along with the different styles for each character seems like a lot to take in.
There's three system-wide things I would keep in mind: most characters can chain every normal into every other normal on hit or block (unless you're using a Full Moon version), there is no restriction in regards to how you use your air movement options (so you can super jump, dash, and then air jump, or jump, air jump, dodge, backdash, etc.) and all air counterhits result in stuns that can't be teched until you hit the ground. The wiki for Melty Blood on mizuumi.net has a lot of information about the game, although the character-specific stuff can be a bit sketchy at times. It does explain all of the universal changes for each style, but you'll have to look up the character-specific move changes.

As for who to play... what kind of character do you play normally?

Niitris

Finally starting watching Kill la Kill, and my god this anime could EASY be a Fighting game! Only up to episode 6, but my god this anime man!

It's about time for me to pick up this series.

I sure have been giving a lot of new things a chance lately, open mindeness ftw.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
yo anime wait thats the opposite

AHAHAHAHAHA
tumblr_ly7s0wv84v1rn95k2o1_250.gif

There's three system-wide things I would keep in mind: most characters can chain every normal into every other normal on hit or block (unless you're using a Full Moon version), there is no restriction in regards to how you use your air movement options (so you can super jump, dash, and then air jump, or jump, air jump, dodge, backdash, etc.) and all air counterhits result in stuns that can't be teched until you hit the ground. The wiki for Melty Blood on mizuumi.net has a lot of information about the game, although the character-specific stuff can be a bit sketchy at times. It does explain all of the universal changes for each style, but you'll have to look up the character-specific move changes.

As for who to play... what kind of character do you play normally?
I guess a rush down type of character? I always went for female characters first regardless of games, but based on me using Noel in BB and just now Ms. Fortune in Skullgirls, you could say some kind of character that is about maintaining constant pressure suits me. Definitely no zoning, grapple, or charge characters

Thanks for the info though, I'll definitely be checking it out this weekend.

EDIT: And because we're listing our ages now, currently 20.

Infinite

I guess a rush down type of character? I always went for female characters first regardless of games, but based on me using Noel in BB and just now Ms. Fortune in Skullgirls, you could say some kind of character that is about maintaining constant pressure suits me. Definitely no zoning, grapple, or charge characters

Thanks for the info though, I'll definitely be checking it out this weekend.
Sion-tatari, Akiha Vermillion and Nanaya might be good characters for you in that case. Sion even looks a little like Noel.

so I see Justin Wong and PRRog already registered for that MLG Killer Instinct $$$
why haven't you registered for Injustice yet 16 Bit

Horseress

Life starts at 21. Is the age that you start to understand that pretty much everything you've done was wrong and now you know that. Gotta hold dat aging L and take the advantages it brings

27 here btw

Top Bottom