• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 22-28 | Game of Throws - A Song of Salt and Fire(balls)

Injustice should just come out for PC, right after MK does. I'll buy the shit out of that. :D

I said it before, westren dev/publisher and using UE3, the game is practically done, just upload the files to Steam and be done (and skip MK9 while you're at it to speed things up)

I know its not a simple as that but really how hard could it be, its using UE3 FFS!

Chavelo

I said it before, westren dev/publisher and using UE3, the game is practically done, just upload the files to Steam and be done (and skip MK9 while you're at it to speed things up)

I know its not a simple as that but really how hard could it be, its using UE3 FFS!

Only reason I said MK9 was because there has been rumors and entries in Steam's DB for a PC version of MK, so they're already working on releasing that, I think.

But I agree: UT engine and PC, just click on the effing upload button already! >.<

Frametrap are going to be hosting some FT10 matches featuring a lot of London's best fighting game players, plus Logan Sama and WorstGiefEVER
Kappa.png
at Capcom UK's HQ tomorrow and Wednesday.

http://www.jetupper.co.uk/blog/firs...eamed-tomorrow-and-wednesday-at-capcom-uk-hq/

And it will be streamed!

What are you guys most excited for at NCR? Horseheads or Pot Splittin' ?

Obviously SOU FIS SOU FIS SOU FIS

Did the Armshouse guys find a new venue yet? Need more Oh my days.

Nope. There are no new venues. Gamerbase was all the English scene had. Everything is either out in the sticks, too expensive or stapled onto a place where people get pissed at 3pm.

The best possible scenario is the guy who launched GB - who is now at GAME - re-doing the gig there. Which is possible, but GAME do not have anywhere near big enough stores so they'd have to be discreet new openings...

Then he can hire me for the Manchester place if there was one. :p

Obviously SOU FIS SOU FIS SOU FIS

Nope. There are no new venues. Gamerbase was all the English scene had. Everything is either out in the sticks, too expensive or stapled onto a place where people get pissed at 3pm.

The best possible scenario is the guy who launched GB - who is now at GAME - re-doing the gig there. Which is possible, but GAME do not have anywhere near big enough stores so they'd have to be discreet new openings...

Then he can hire me for the Manchester place if there was one. :p

What happened to the old one? I was wondering why WSO disappeared.

What happened to the old one? I was wondering why WSO disappeared.

HMV, who owned Gamerbase, went into administration. The administrators and Hilco, the firm that ultimately bought HMV, decided that HMV would get the hell out of video games. The guy on the HMV staff who ran GB got headhunted by GAME and HMV promptly shut down the chain of franchises pretty much immediately. The kicker? GB was one of the few bits of HMV that was profitable.

So now the Manchester and London FGCs are sitting around having house sessions and moping until either the entire scene falls apart or a new GB-like entity opens up.

Damn that sucks, I guess no one wants to do a ghetto house stream with 30+ people over at their place. Wait, that's a terrible idea no matter how much you want to help your scene. I guess that's the problem with big cities, everywhere is expensive it seems. It's a good thing that NYC has Next Level and LA has Super Arcade or who knows where they would go for a venue that needs to be used and paid for every week.

Daigo not being there took away a lot of the hype I had for SF4. I wanted that SF25 rematch. Now I'm just hoping for infiltration to use hakan in some matches. Also I want to see how EG Rog does against infiltration. We already know his track record with another top akuma player. SFxT will be hype. All the EG guys, infiltration, Chris G, LPN, etc. Can't wait for that.

Shouta

I hope we get to see some solid SFxT play at NCR. I don't think a lot of the EC Online guys are going though. Kind of unfortunate.

Also, I hate Itazan Hakan.

Dahbomb

Amidst the patch and SFxT I forgot to give counter examples of characters they could've added to Injustice as DLC (non Batman characters and only one from Watchmen).

John Constantine
Dr. Manhattan
Swamp Thing
Brainiac
Power Girl
Zatanna
Huntress or Black Canary
Darkseid
Dr. Fate
Martian Manhunter
Starfire
Captain Atom

Oh yeah I forgot momochi was confirmed for NCR as well. Excited to see some high level Cody. Maybe I can pick up a thing or two.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Amidst the patch and SFxT I forgot to give counter examples of characters they could've added to Injustice as DLC (non Batman characters and only one from Watchmen).

John Constantine
Dr. Manhattan
Swamp Thing
Brainiac
Power Girl
Zatanna
Huntress or Black Canary
Darkseid
Dr. Fate
Martian Manhunter
Starfire
Captain Atom
Dr. Manhattan would be broke as fuck and I refuse to see a balanced version of him. His moveset would end up similar to Green Lanterns. The rest of those characters outside of Swamp Thing and MAYBE Darkseid are either boring or I have no idea who they are. I would have included Dr. Freeze too in my list but I just don't think he'd offer much gameplay wise when other characters have the freeze state schtick and it's been done to death with Sub-Zero too.

Ozymandias' trait could be absorption of projectiles for a given time or through a parry.

John Constantine
Dr. Manhattan
Swamp Thing
Brainiac
Power Girl
Zatanna
Huntress or Black Canary
Darkseid
Dr. Fate
Martian Manhunter
Starfire
Captain Atom
I'm honestly surprised that neither of these guys made the primary roster. They're pretty kickass Superman villains.
Dr. Manhattan would be broke as fuck and I refuse to see a balanced version of him. His moveset would end up similar to Green Lanterns. The rest of those characters outside of Swamp Thing and MAYBE Darkseid are either boring or I have no idea who they are. I would have included Dr. Freeze too in my list but I just don't think he'd offer much gameplay wise when other characters have the freeze state schtick and it's been done to death with Sub-Zero too.

Ozymandias' trait could be absorption of projectiles for a given time or through a parry.
Freeze would be really neat for the particle effects alone, I think. Not so much on the gameplay I guess...

lol reminds me of the whole Rayman Legends thing.
That was just a dirtbag move by Ubisoft. They didn't do themselves any favors with that.

I wrote a big long post that got erased while switching tabs in Safari so ill just leave it at Sony and Nintendo are doing it right next gen and rumours of Durango using a W8-based store suggest they will be too.

Fuck whoever at MS thought that patching/TU fees costing that much was a good idea. But you live and you learn, and I have faith all three have learned.
I feel like next gen will be what people actually expected from this gen. We'll see, though.

Dahbomb

Constantine has his own movie man... And he's boss as fuck. Holy water grenades up in this bitch.

If you don't know who these characters are then look them up. They are not that unknown within the DC universe. Dr Fate for example is Dr Strange's counter part in the universe. Martian Manhunter is a well known JL member. Darkseid, Brainiac and Power Girl are well known Superman characters. Starfire is a Teen Titan member like Cyborg and Raven etc.

Oh, was Momochi being at NCR already a known thing?

Anyway, I think he dropped Cody a while back and went back to Akuma.

He switches between the two depending on the match up. He stuck with Akuma most of the time during the UK qualifier. Only went to Cody against Mago in GF when it didn't really matter anymore. His Akuma got blown up against Krone then he won with Cody. And Snake Eyes eliminated him when he lost with Cody and then Akuma in the 2nd match. Last year LI Joe even had a salty rant during on of his streams when he ran into Momochi during EVO 2012 and expected Cody. But Momochi used Akuma instead to put him in losers.

If he runs into Infiltration I think he would be much better off doing the mirror match then Cody vs Akuma which I believe is 6-4 in Akuma's favor.

He switches between the two depending on the match up. He stuck with Akuma most of the time during the UK qualifier. Only went to Cody against Mago in GF when it didn't really matter anymore. His Akuma got blown up against Krone then he won with Cody. And Snake Eyes eliminated him when he lost with Cody and then Akuma in the 2nd match. Last year LI Joe even had a salty rant during on of his streams when he ran into Momochi during EVO 2012 and expected Cody. But Momochi used Akuma instead to put him in losers.

If he runs into Infiltration I think he would be much better off doing the mirror match then Cody vs Akuma which I believe is 6-4 in Akuma's favor.
Cody vs fei is 6-4 in Cody's favor.

Sayah

Whats Tekken?

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/326731478996246529

Does that mean TKXSF will have paid dlc? I don't know.

Characters will probably remain free but I'm almost certain (or fearful?) that they're gonna start charging for costumes in the future.

If TTT2 had been a massive success on consoles, I think Namco would have stuck with that model for future games. It is the best DLC model for fighting games to follow anyway from a consumer standpoint. Unfortunately, TTT2 seems to have had just "okay" sales on consoles and Harada is already somewhat suggesting paid DLC for the next games. :/

haunts

Bacon of Hope
I hope we get to see some solid SFxT play at NCR. I don't think a lot of the EC Online guys are going though. Kind of unfortunate.

Also, I hate Itazan Hakan.

Lots of solid Sf x TK players up here like LPN, Kelvin and others so Im looking forward to it. Also, Momochi and Infiltration. :)

I'll actually be in trenches recording direct feed (suck it arturo) matches that didnt make it on stream and uploading them to Capcom Fighters.

Dahbomb

Iron Man is better than Doom in the match up but Iron Man is way harder to play than Doom. You have to learn those aerial SJ hit confirms to make the most use out of Iron Man especially against Morrigan and that comes with experience (sometimes you need to make on the fly adjustment, you can't replicate situations in training mode). Not exactly a character you can just pick up and play for counter match ups. Plus the main utility of IM in the match up is the Repulsar assist which has no value on Rog's team.

The way that PRRog uses Doom in his team that function is easily replaced with Iron Man. Doom is the main beam support with reliable TAC infinites which is what Iron Man provides well. What IM doesn't provide is a YOLO move you can press when in panic situations.

If TTT2 had been a massive success on consoles, I think Namco would have stuck with that model for future games. It is the best DLC model for fighting games to follow anyway from a consumer standpoint. Unfortunately, TTT2 seems to have had just "okay" sales on consoles and Harada is already somewhat suggesting paid DLC for the next games. :/

the dudes who thought that 5 dollars for a recolored ninja costume was gods gift, thanks.

Grecco

Iron Man is better than Doom in the match up but Iron Man is way harder to play than Doom. You have to learn those aerial SJ hit confirms to make the most use out of Iron Man especially against Morrigan and that comes with experience (sometimes you need to make on the fly adjustment, you can't replicate situations in training mode). Not exactly a character you can just pick up and play for counter match ups. Plus the main utility of IM in the match up is the Repulsar assist which has no value on Rog's team.

hes running wolverine repulsorblast vergil i think at least thats what hes hinted on

anyways have people noticed how theres even more ads on twitch now?

Top Bottom