• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 22-28 | Game of Throws - A Song of Salt and Fire(balls)

Dahbomb

Omg the CG in this is incredibly subpar.

How the fuck did this kid run across the air strip so fast and catch up to the fucking jet?

WTF is this shit.
This post is full of fail mostly because you thought of watching the GL movie.

Your are way better off watching this:

610945.jpg

And controversial post time... Chris Genius will NOT win Norcal. His legendary win streak ends next week..

Edgeward

I miss Tron being a viable character. King Servbot was awesome.

Honestly it's neither better or worse than the console versions. People will claim its fucked up, but I see no difference compared with the console versions. Good connections are good, and bad connections are bad.

hmmm, okay then. That sounds par for the course for Capcom games. I'll find out eventually next time it goes on sale.

vulva

This post is full of fail mostly because you thought of watching the GL movie.

Your are way better off watching this:

610945.jpg

And controversial post time... Chris Genius will NOT win Norcal. His legendary win streak ends next week..

10 bucks says he wins marvel

Dahbomb

10 bucks says he wins marvel
I want to make sure I get the full roster for Norcal before committing to the bet but I am interested in this.

Who's gonna beat him?
As weird as it sounds he might beat himself. Win or lose he will be made to sweat at Norcal, it won't be free. People in Norcal are better versed in Morrigan and use better teams now plus they aren't free to YOLO Foot Dive and Helm Breakers because they know those characters better than the EC.

I think if someone like Apologyman gets the first hit and puts him in a FB/Frank death loop it will get to ChrisG. You know that Apologyman hitting ChrisG with anything is going to get the crowd going.

Drew Grimey is another one to watch out for, his team is equipped to handle Chris' team and he plays Morrigan on the side so he knows her weak spots.

PRRog is super nutty and has the skill to beat ChrisG plus the team. If his Wolverine fails he can fall back on dark Vergil.

ShadyK is slept on in Norcal and if he survives pools to face against ChrisG he will make him sweat. Dude is a genius when it comes to theory fighting and character knowledge but he takes too long to download in a short set.

The real threat is FChamp backed up by ShadyK coaching. You fucking know that FChamp is not going to pick Phoenix unless in a dire situation.... he has been practicing his EVO winning team and ShadyK wilk not allow him to switch. He has better match up knowledge and if he gets Morrigan it's free for him because his knowledge against Dooms and Vergils is the best in the world. He has anti-Vergil stuff that even I didn't know about.

Plus you can't count out some of the Socal players liks Justin and Angelic. Justin performed better against ChrisG because he has learnd the match up better but as stated he just needs to watch out for Doom as he is not well versed in that match up for some reason.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Injustice finals and top 8 were hype as fuck. Good shit to NRS for having the most hype fighting game out right now.

When's ChrisG's rent money went as expected.

Azure J

He'll hear Dahbomb coming a mile away because someone will text Dahbomb about how Vergil is free in DMC3 and he'll start talking as he responds.

Why do I have an image of that Dante/Vergil net comic in my head now? Only difference is it's Dah at the end and the message reads "vergul suks".

I think if Chris G doesn't win, it would be Apologyman or like, PR Rog, at least out of the Nor Cal guys that are going. I still think Chris G will win.

Not gonna bet any money though.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
What if Drew Grimey looks extra mean at NCR? I could see him losing then.

I'd take ChrisG in a fight over Drew Roidey.

Chris has proven himself in fights he took out Wolverine Master free. The kid knows how to fight and people in the NYC scene can attest to this.

Once Chris wins NCR he pretty much will confirm he is untouchable right now and who knows he might move into a bigger house since he will be able to afford the rent even more.

Chris has proven himself in fights he took out Wolverine Master free. The kid knows how to fight and people in the NYC scene can attest to this.

Once Chris wins NCR he pretty much will confirm he is untouchable right now and who knows he might move into a bigger house since he will be able to afford the rent even more.
wait what

What if Drew Grimey looks extra mean at NCR? I could see him losing then.

I can't, Drew is your typical theory scrub, he's pretty much the only theory scrub worthy of respect but without strong fundamentals his chances of beating Chris G is close to nil. He'll probably end up being like Ryry, pick Viper/Vergil/Strider, ragequit, pick Morrigan/Vergil/Strider, ragequit again, pick Viper/Vergil/Strider again and then ragequit the third time.

Dahbomb

I can't, Drew is your typical theory scrub, he's pretty much the only theory scrub worthy of respect but without strong fundamentals his chances of beating Chris G is close to nil. He'll probably end up being like Ryry, pick Viper/Vergil/Strider, ragequit, pick Morrigan/Vergil/Strider, ragequit again, pick Viper/Vergil/Strider again and then ragequit the third time.
He's not a scrub by any stretch of the imagination. Well placed at EVO and performs well in every local Norcal tourney. Everyone puts him at top 5 in Norcal just under FChamp and PRRog tier.

Yea he can mentally breakdown and has some fundamental problems but he's a beast at the game... not to be underestimated.

Also on the note of Apologyman... I think he should pick his FB team against ChrisG. Even if FB ends up failing for him he can fallback on XF3 Skrull but if he loses Skrull early in his Frank team he's done against ChrisG.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Hell no. Chris just blocked WM then broke his glasses. What good is blocking the Ryback going to do. You're gonna get hurt if you're a twig like Chris G is.

I wanna see Lando vs. Drew finally. Lando is the homey, but he was talking that good shit about Drew a while back and said that he's "just a brute."

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Also on the note of Apologyman... I think he should pick his FB team against ChrisG. Even if FB ends up failing for him he can fallback on XF3 Skrull but if he loses Skrull early in his Frank team he's done against ChrisG.

What's Facebook gonna do about soul fists?

He needs to pick his Frank team....... Shopping cart can snuff out hidden missiles and without hidden missiles it's hard for Morrigan to deal with Skrull. Firebrand does poorly against Morrigan so I don't see the point in him picking Firebrand.

Chris G not winning NCR is not controversial. He has a terrible track record on the west coast and it won't be surprising to see it continued. Especially with his two toughest opponents JWong and EG Rog attending.

sleepykyo

Chris G not winning NCR is not controversial. He has a terrible track record on the west coast and it won't be surprising to see it continued. Especially with his two toughest opponents JWong and EG Rog attending.

Chris G seems to be a considerably better player this year than last.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This movie is not all bad, the female lead is motherfucking SMOKING hot
and so is the male lead

How do they manage to make the mask look 100x stupider than it is in the comics? Looks dumb when it cuts off so close to the eyes.

Top Bottom