• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 22-28 | Game of Throws - A Song of Salt and Fire(balls)

I-hate-u

The thing about Norcal is that more than any region, most of the player teams consist of characters that can at best deal with Morrigan/Doom like Vergil and Strider. Chirs G will have to fight through a sea of Vergil teams @ NCR so there is a chance he might get random-ed out.

vocab

The best thing from the stream chat was "Dieminion let him win because he didn't want to see a white guy cry"

haha. Dude.

The thing about Norcal is that more than any region, most of the player teams consist of characters that can at best deal with Morrigan/Doom like Vergil and Strider. Chirs G will have to fight through a sea of Vergil teams @ NCR so there is a chance he might get random-ed out.

That happened last year but this year...I doubt it.

ChrisG ocving team norcal at Final Round should say a lot.

When was the last time Chris G ever looked like he had problems against Vergil and Strider? Chris G is the best precisely because he knows how to control randomness, it's laughable to suggest he can be randomed out by a Vergil team when he bodied countless Vergil teams in his march to dominance.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
When will comic book movie directors fucking realize that a gigantic fucking cloud does not make for a compelling villain, jesus fucking christ

Dahbomb

That happened last year but this year...I doubt it.

ChrisG ocving team norcal at Final Round should say a lot.
1 game Marvel says nothing. Plus some of the best from Norcal weren't present.

When will comic book movie directors fucking realize that a gigantic fucking cloud does not make for a compelling villain, jesus fucking christ
Watch the GL movie I linked instead. Has an actual villain.

He needs to pick his Frank team....... Shopping cart can snuff out hidden missiles and without hidden missiles it's hard for Morrigan to deal with Skrull. Firebrand does poorly against Morrigan so I don't see the point in him picking Firebrand.
Shopping Cart isn't going to stuff out Missiles from full screen, Plasma beam will which is what he has on the FB team.

Firebrand needs just one touch on Morrigan to kill the entire team. He can go for yolo dive kick and bon voyage plus stall her hyper then get in with the plasma beam. His air throw game is really good too. Not saying he's a counter (lol far from it) but this team is essentially the other side of the coin when it comes to the cheapness.

The Light

Just finished watching the GL movie Dahbomb linked and it is was pretty good. Whenever someone trolls I know what line im going to link as a reply.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I figured out how to solve the Injustice character model problem.

Release Teen Titans animated series alts. BOOM.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I figured out how to solve the Injustice character model problem.

Release Teen Titans animated series alts. BOOM.

I'm OK with Raven being ugly. Not every female character should have to be a beautiful goddess that exists for men to project their sexual desires on. I mean I don't know much about DC, but I assume she's not great looking on purpose and it's supposed to go with her character or something because it's hard for me to believe that they looked at it and were like "yep that looks OK."

Wonder Woman is a different story. But from certain angles she looks OK.

Wonder woman with the Red Son costume looks good, there is another one with full armor that I don't know the name of that looks good as well.

Killer frost with her second alt looks the best, dat Storm resemblance.

Don't forget that Daigo and Infiltration will be in town for NCR. Hoping for that 3rd run back and hopefully Daigo can come out on top this time.

Hyun Sai

If Daigo loses at NCR and EVO afterwards, you can be sure he will end his professionnal career like he hinted not so long ago.

Tizoc

I'm OK with Raven being ugly. Not every female character should have to be a beautiful goddess that exists for men to project their sexual desires on. I mean I don't know much about DC, but I assume she's not great looking on purpose and it's supposed to go with her character or something because it's hard for me to believe that they looked at it and were like "yep that looks OK."

Hmmm....
Lost Fragment
Obsessed with 4chan

I know almost nothing about DC comics, but a Google image search of "Raven DC" got me these:
6a00d8341bfc7553ef0147e05a9176970b-800wi

Raven-Widescreen-femme-fatales-11163816-1920-1200.jpg

1529938-raven_1.jpg

I'm sure you know a lot more than I do, though, since you have an opinion on it. :)

Apologyman only bodies Drew Grimey with that Firebrand stuff. After seeing Chris G beating PR Rog with Firebrand instead of Vergil for free I don't see anyone over there posing any real threat to him. If Chris does get sent to losers, I don't even think it will be anyone from Norcal. inb4 everybody from Norcal eliminated each other so Chris G didn't get to play random Strider/Vergil player.

I'm really looking forward towards AE though. Which other international names are confirmed aside from Daigo and Infiltration.

sleepykyo

Don't forget that Daigo and Infiltration will be in town for NCR. Hoping for that 3rd run back and hopefully Daigo can come out on top this time.

Infiltration and ChrisG winning in their respective games is going to make the upcoming NCR the most crushing one yet.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Yeah.. I don't think she's not intentionally supposed to look like a hag. Even if it's an estranged stylistic choice, just the way they go about making her ugly by going straight to making the face as masculine as possible (and transplanting that of Victor from DS) I don't agree with.

I'd rather have SfxT on stream all weekend. Yeah
Vanilla SFxTK at that.

kirblar

I'd like to see "Major" replaced by "Major" and "Regional" as terminology. The former would be for large tournaments like Final Round that are gigantic hubs, while the latter would be things like Civil War, Texas Showdown, April Duels, etc, that are primarily for locals.

I'd like to see "Major" replaced by "Major" and "Regional" as terminology. The former would be for large tournaments like Final Round that are gigantic hubs, while the latter would be things like Civil War, Texas Showdown, April Duels, etc, that are primarily for locals.

I thought that was already how it worked. At least that's how I've been doing it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
First time I've needed a podcast to listen to in a while while grinding training mode, and I realized all the podcasts I used to care about are dead. I had nothing to put on so I just let Triforce Unchained play. I feel dirty now.

Top Bottom