• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 30 - May 6

Onemic

As another new KOF XIII player my go-to tactic of choice is to use the color edit mode to give my team all classy white / blue outfits. Then I usually do some of the following: forget that I only have 4 buttons and wonder why my medium and heavy kicks don't come out, accidentally activate HD mode at random times, fail to short hop and leap totally over my opponent, miss basic 2-in-1 combos, booger the inputs for DMs, and generally just stink up the place. Still having tons of fun though, this game is just so classy, I want to learn like all of the characters.

This is the one thing I love. The great variety of characters that just seem really interesting to play. I want to learn almost half of the characters because their designs just seem awesome as fuck. Right now I'm learning Terry and Robert, but I'm looking for a third and I'm thinking it's either going to be Mai, Kyo, K', Iori, Andy, Maxima, or Ralph. Too many choices!

= forget that I only have 4 buttons and wonder why my medium and heavy kicks don't come out, =

Already done that like 10 times going through that tutorial. Throwing with the 2nd row of buttons just feels weird to me. Also all capcom games motion are usually qcf, qcb, hcb, hcf. It's all one direction so for the last 10 years I've been holding my stick between my middle and ring finger. However in KOF there are all these double directional motion like

down, down back, back, down back, down, down forward, forward. So now I have to hold my stick thumb and index to get those inputs more consistent. Sigh... this is going to be a long hill to climb.

In other news Killer Kai FIGHTING!

AsAKHHgCEAEYtoD.jpg:large

AsAJ321CQAE4D0w.jpg:large

LOOK AT THEM EYES!

Already done that like 10 times going through that tutorial. Throwing with the 2nd row of buttons just feels weird to me. Also all capcom games motion are usually qcf, qcb, hcb, hcf. It's all one direction so for the last 10 years I've been holding my stick between my middle and ring finger. However in KOF there are all these double directional motion like

down, down back, back, down back, down, down forward, forward. So now I have to hold my stick thumb and index to get those inputs more consistent. Sigh... this is going to be a long hill to climb.

In other news Killer Kai FIGHTING!

LOOK AT THEM EYES!

It's helps to TK or hold the last input.

Busaiku

See, this team is probably much better than Chris G's.
The air and ground are covered adequately, and then Ammy's also building meter for Astral Visions.

Why in the world is nobody in the US still not using Rocket Raccoon.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
One of the better players in AL is pretty good with Raccoon. It'd be cool if he could break out at a major someday.

FR_Too_Much_Damage should be at the Runback for UMvC3 tonight. He's one of the best players in the southeast so I'm hoping he puts in some work on stream.

Japan does NOT drop combos.

One of the better players in AL is pretty good with Raccoon. It'd be cool if he could break out at a major someday.

FR_Too_Much_Damage should be at the Runback for UMvC3 tonight. He's one of the best players in the southeast so I'm hoping he puts in some work on stream.

You're friends with him right or are you going off twitter? Cause I think Combo was talking about so much damage the Blanka / Sagat player from Socal. Or Combofiend.. got them confused with one another.

Enzo_GT must be jizzing right now. IRON MAN EVERY WHERE!

Azure J

I think he was being sarcastic guys. :p

Hardrojo: (⌐■_■) I believe Japan still needs some saturation...

:lol

Are you crazy? They were dropping a s***load of combos during Kubosgarden, even basic Wesker combos were dropped. Anyone who suggests bad/scrub players don't exist in Japan are living in weeaboo land.

Yes I know Japan has scrubs. Don't have to tell me about it. I made so much money betting against Japan at EVO when Joo and that Japanese Iron man came over for MVC2.

USD

There is a thread for KVO guys, post there:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=472703

Anyway, here is going to be a AE 3on3 called STARTING OVER ~Concentration of Power~ running late tonight. There's a qualifier first, which starts at 1AM EDT, followed by the main tournament, which starts at 5AM EDT.

Main: http://www.ustream.tv/channel-popup/so-cop

Here are the teams that have already qualified, with characters listed for players I recognize:

Gachimuchi
Kuroken (Dudley)
ACQUA (Cammy)
Kawaguuchi (Rose)

Kimura Shinrikyou
CAT-K Arai (Vega)
Bus Ken
Wonderful Kimura

Orange Note
YHC-Mochi (Dhalsim)
Oniku
Kawanishi Satomi

Saraba Cole Center
Okkun (Ibuki)
☆Shin☆ (Juri)
Shino-chan (Oni)

Momotetsu-zei
Akahoshi (Zangief)
Uki (Cody)
kichijojiKEN (Ken)

Panashita Koto Naka Nai
Sabo☆Hani (C.Viper)
Hai Teki (Makoto)
Sorikin (Rufus)

Venfayth

Ahhh so many streams to watch at work today from whilst I was sleeping.

VIP night of Shadowloo, the runback, KVO...

Any suggestions on which had the hypest stuff?

Top Bottom