• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 30 - May 6

Onemic

How much is that fighting edge hori stick? Must cost a fuckton.

199 only? Makes the Madcatz sticks seem like highway robbery

True but can't you just let the Eastcoast have it once? :lol

I already said RayRay > Fanatiq and Biggie > Tupac. I've given them enough!
KuGsj.gif

supahkiwi

Banned
How much is that fighting edge hori stick? Must cost a fuckton.

199 only? Makes the Madcatz sticks seem like highway robbery

Yeah, can't imagine them selling them the same TE's with new artwork for $160-200 anymore. Hori really setting the bar with that quality and features.

Onemic

Yeah, can't imagine them selling them the same TE's with new artwork for $200 anymore. Hori really setting the bar with that quality and features.

It seems that MC sticks in general are overpriced in comparison to HORI sticks. I got my UMvC3 stick for only 100 bucks and it has the exact same parts as any of the TE MC sticks, just different artwork. (and based on SRK forums its supposedly more reliable as well) But yet the FGC in NA seems to only support madcatz sticks and I've never really understood why.

It seems that MC sticks in general are overpriced in comparison to HORI sticks. I got my UMvC3 stick for only 100 bucks and it has the exact same parts as any of the TE MC sticks, just different artwork. (and based on SRK forums its supposedly more reliable as well) But yet the FGC in NA seems to only support madcatz sticks and I've never really understood why.

Hori has some pretty bad marketing.

horis used to be seimitsu/hori parts, madcatz was the first full sanwa stick in the U.S. I think? Hori put out some crap sticks before the TE stick hit, except maybe an under-advertised HRAP around SF4's launch. Madcatz pretty much took over where hori dropped the ball. I wouldn't be surprised if Markman hit them up first about a stick-blitz for SF4 and got denied.

just my speculation

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

I don't have any Hori sticks so I can't really comment on how much better/worse they are than Madcatz sticks, but marketing is usually more important than quality when it comes to how successful a product is.

Onemic

I don't have any Hori sticks so I can't really comment on how much better/worse they are than Madcatz sticks, but marketing is usually more important than quality when it comes to how successful a product is.

Well with the Fighting Edge I really hope more people give HORI some recognition. That thing looks sleek as hell.

"Had?" Personal experience suggests that their fightpads still have a pretty short lifespan in general.

I have one of those Round 2 SF4 fightpads, at first it was hell to get the ps3 to even recognize the damn thing, it would work for a couple of seconds then it will drop over and over again. I talked to their CS and they sent me another bluetooth usb receiver, it was a little better but it would still drop from time to time and I felt the inputs were laggy sometimes so I went back to the dualshock.

I would've gotten a wired one if I know it was gonna be that big of a hassle (and I don't think they made a PS3 wired ones at the time anyway)

SmokeMaxX

Minus the Hori SC5 stick, I VASTLY prefer the MadCatz TE to ANY semi-recent Hori stick including the HRAP 3, EX-SA/SE, VX, VLX, V3, and especially the FS3/EX2 and Tekken sticks. Most of them have design flaws (imo) which affect my experience. HRAP and EX-SA/SE are just archaic designs which were GREAT at the time, but their time has passed. Cord being exposed makes it easy to develop problems with them and their design just isn't very sleek. VX is tiny and doesn't have much weight. VLX is too big and a burden to carry around to tournaments. V3 is too light and has obnoxious wings on the side for no apparent reason. FS3/EX2/Tekken sticks- well they're obviously not meant to compete with the bigger budget sticks.

rCIZZLE

Look how anti-hype this game is. I know it's been said thousands of times before but the amount of posts is all the proof you need. Page 14-23 for AE/Marvel and page 24 for SFxT.

K.Sabot

I was about to post my complaint that they've spent way too long on this game. They start with SFxT, I leave and come back almost 3 hours later and it's still SFxT.

WNF SFxT was actually quite entertaining with Mike Ross / Combofiend commentary and good matches.

Valle/Online Tony vs Ross/Fiend finals were quality. Stream chat actually blew up for the conclusion.

But, whatever. Hype-less game. Blah, blah, blah.

Top Bottom