• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 30 - May 6

Yea at this point... SFxT just isn't working. Capcom just need to apologize release the DLC characters for free, maybe make a better gem picking method, shorten the stage, fix all the bugs and then pray to based god.

Even though I don't think it's a bad game, it's a terribly boring game to watch.

So on the subject of Spooky and going back to twitch

From my understanding, he came back as twitch was the platform requested for EVO and another major not mentioned. This was more of a business related matter, so I'm guessing he's being making big moves that will guarantee him $$$. So he won't be just covering fighters anymore, so we will have other things covered by Victor. More OG stuff, more obscure gaming stuff, he wants to broaden the audience. Again it's about him doing what he loves but more important getting the $$$ to continue. Our man needs money to do what he loves and provide us that level of professionalism that only he could provide.

Video here has him speaking about the matter, he begins speaking at 4:20

rCIZZLE

Is there any American Blanka better than Mike right now? Such a great pocket character to have against the inevitable shitty Honda matchups.

edit: yo dieminion you're in the way

Is there any American Blanka better than Mike right now? Such a great pocket character to have against the inevitable shitty Honda matchups.

The only Blanka players in America (that were notable) was Viscant, and Hiro. I haven't really seen much of either since AE. Viscant now mains Marvel, and Hiro is still solid, but obviously not a tournament contender.

sephi22

Doesn't Dhalsim bully both Honda and Blanka? Haven't been keeping up with v.2012 so wondering if Blanka pick works against Sim.

rCIZZLE

The only Blanka players in America (that were notable) was Viscant, and Hiro. I haven't really seen much of either since AE. Viscant now mains Marvel, and Hiro is still solid, but obviously not a tournament contender.

The only other one I can think of is Flash House. Haven't heard/seen much of him lately though... I think he's a Texas player.

Doesn't Dhalsim bully both Honda and Blanka? Haven't been keeping up with v.2012 so wondering if Blanka pick works against Sim.

Ya pretty much. I'm not even sure which one is a better matchup. At least Blanka doesn't get counterhit from fierce ball hit anymore (not that people should use ball over elec). His amazing jump doesn't hurt either.

I didn't even know Infrit played AE, I only started hearing about him when he was finishing high in Marvel. I guess he's always been a AE player, I just didn't know about him or he doesn't have a strong history of finishing high.

Everyone plays or played SF4. There was nothing else to do from 2009-2011. All the other games were 10+ years old except for TVC and so called "anime" games.

Yea at this point... SFxT just isn't working. Capcom just need to apologize release the DLC characters for free, maybe make a better gem picking method, shorten the stage, fix all the bugs and then pray to based god.

Even though I don't think it's a bad game, it's a terribly boring game to watch.

Anybody else think the real problem is it is 2v2? You don't get the pureness of SF4 and the dedication to one character, or the craziness of marvel with 3 and shit going everywhere. It's just sort of in the middle.

Fixing the bugs and releasing all the characters will still not change the gem system from being pretty stupid and something that kills general online play (bad enough to have a flood of one or two characters, you get the same boring characters + stupid cheap gems).

Nuh uh, I'm Marvel players like Fanatiq, Clockwork, and Neo never gave in unlike there East Coast counterparts Sanford and Yipes :p

Yea they did. They all played SF4. They just weren't that good. I'm pretty sure clockw0rk played cammy/blanka. I forgot what Fanatiq played but he did say he played when he was staying at the FGTV house. Neo same thing.

LOL, that's why I hardly ever try to DP jump ins. I don't have the reactions and even when I see it coming, I choke up the input. Not that the same applied to Online Tony, but I'm just saying I know the feel bro.

Truly, there is nothing more infuriating than watching Fei Long's brain dead pressure.

Brain dead pressure which works on brain dead opponents. Fei Long is highly predictable and has little ways to open up his opponents, and he's frequently screwed when his opponent is able to get himself out of the corner. So I fail to see why a good Fei Long player with the patience and matchup knowledge don't deserve to do well with him.

Pre SF4 Hori sticks were much better than MCZ sticks. Everyone either had MAS sticks (marvel players) or they had HRAP.

did MCZ even make sticks pre-sf4? i seem to remember some terrible Atari 2600-looking stick.

regardless, hori is another example of a japanese company completely dropping the ball when it was theirs to take for years.

ScOULaris

This is the craziest weekend ever. KVO, Seasons Beatings, AND Shadowloo Showdown?

Why do I have to be out of town this weekend? WHY!??

Venfayth

Dieminion workin on dat AE tech.

NyNwt.png

I've been working on some Juri tech myself. Found a safejump setup for everyone but the Shotos, Yun, and Adon after a midscreen hk pinwheel.

It's not the same as watching it live. :(

But yeah, I will at least catch up on any semi's and finals that I miss.

Yea it's like sports with me. I have to watch live or I am not watching! Just got my copy of KOF 13 in the mail for $27 with 4 soundtracks! Woot thanks Chavelo (SP?).

Now... I need to learn how to play this game.

Yea it's like sports with me. I have to watch live or I am not watching! Just got my copy of KOF 13 in the mail for $27 with 4 soundtracks! Woot thanks Chavelo (SP?).

Same here. Amazon gold box? I have no idea what I'm doing in that game. Gotta check out that wiki above.

Onemic

Same here! Traded in my copy of SFxT to get it. EBgames told me SNK only sent a relatively limited amount of copies, so I had to drive over to another local EB to get it and they only had one left. The extra soundtracks surprised me, and I doubt I'll ever bring the CD's out of their case but it was a nice touch. Played around with the game for an hour or so and it's so different from SF as it focuses 100% on rushdown. It'll provide a great side to SFIV's more patient and slower paced game and with it I don't think I'll be leaving my PS3 off anytime soon as I'll probably be constantly alternating between the two. Only thing that sucks is that it will probably heavily impact the amount of time I can give to practicing Marvel.

I'm probably going to be practicing hops forever though. Super hard to get those down consistently.

As another new KOF XIII player my go-to tactic of choice is to use the color edit mode to give my team all classy white / blue outfits. Then I usually do some of the following: forget that I only have 4 buttons and wonder why my medium and heavy kicks don't come out, accidentally activate HD mode at random times, fail to short hop and leap totally over my opponent, miss basic 2-in-1 combos, booger the inputs for DMs, and generally just stink up the place. Still having tons of fun though, this game is just so classy, I want to learn like all of the characters.

Top Bottom