• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 8-14 | Cena-Factor validated, WWEsports remain stAGEd

Mike Ross about to talk about the Fanatiq vs Chris G match.

Mike "Walter Cronkite" Ross with that hard hitting reporting.

"I don't understand why that's supposed to be a problem."

Mike pls.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
We can't be friends anymore, AzureBro.

Mike Ross about to talk about the Fanatiq vs Chris G match.

Mike "Walter Cronkite" Ross with that hard hitting reporting.

"I don't understand why that's supposed to be a problem."

Mike pls.
Rolando's NASCAR analogy is kinda apt, as much as I hate to say it. It just makes for poor spirit, poor spectatorship and is for lack of better words lame as fuck.

Rolando's NASCAR analogy is kinda apt, as much as I hate to say it. It just makes for poor spirit, poor spectatorship and is for lack of better words lame as fuck.

Also the fact, which they seem to be forgetting, that the staged match was after Spooky had the blow up over the AGE pushing.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
EDIT: He's right about people needing to get over it though. There's no reason why Sp00ky should be raging as hard as he is unless there's more to it, which also doesn't look likely.

Agree. Unless there's something more to it, I feel like Spooky's going way overboard.

Holy shit GAF doesn't ride Spooky's nuts 100% of the time. Someone call King Itachi so he can go back to posting nothing but worthless troll one-liners again.

kirblar

The way to fix it is not "ban pot splits"

The way to fix it is to structure your payouts so that people don't feel they have to do them.

Dahbomb

I can't see how there would be a payout system where pot splitting wouldn't be better for all parties involved.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What the hell. Why are there more talk shows than game streams. Soon there will the View FGC edition.
When people watch The On Blast Show more than The Break, a little part of me dies inside.

Triforce is getting crazy right now but he's said so much shit that I don't even know where to start.

I can't help but feel the overarching tone here is "stay beta as fuck, Fanatiq."

EDIT: M2K being exposed right now. How the fuck do you get a copy of the log?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
triforce

"what i'm about to say represents me"

here we fucking go

I don't know how the esteemed businessman Isaiah "TriForce" Johnson doesn't realize that saying "These opinions are my own and don't reflect those of the Empire" isn't some magical incantation that lets him say whatever he wants without affecting the organization he's the face of.

What I don't get, is by all means pot split. There is nothing you can do about it and team mates are team mates.

But that doesn't mean you still can't pick your best shit and put on a great grand final for the people who paid to be there or are watching on stream.

I don't know, maybe it is just a cultural thing.

Triforce not only doesn't know that Fanatiq admitted to throwing the match, but that there are rules on it for Final Round.

KingItachi I'm sorry, but Triforce is DUMB AS FUCK.

It's like that scene from Talladega Nights.

"The room's starting to spin real fast...'cause of...'cause of the CoD..."
I want off.
What the hell. Why are there more talk shows than game streams. Soon there will the View FGC edition.
This is the natural progression.
Alright, I'm out. This is gonna get crazy and be on for a while now.
I got you on my Steam list, right? We should totally play SF if you got it there. I got space on my laptop after clearing my video folder out.

I don't know how the esteemed businessman Isaiah "TriForce" Johnson doesn't realize that saying "These opinions are my own and don't reflect those of the Empire" isn't some magical incantation that lets him say whatever he wants without affecting the organization he's the face of.

I know, that's what makes it hilarious. He thinks he's free to say whatever he wants without making EMP or his sponsors look bad.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Triforce not only doesn't know that Fanatiq admitted to throwing the match, but that there are rules on it for Final Round.

Dude, rules are only rules if you get a HARD COPY.

I think they're keeping up the facade of Fanatiq not admitting it just for Sebastian's sake. Sebastian said he's putting on his PR hat and could not confirm or deny it, which is probably what he *has* to do.

Judderman

drawer by drawer

Live feed from KingItachi's place:

ib0vENZSddYo0O.gif

Edgeward

I want off.

This is the natural progression.

I got you on my Steam list, right? We should totally play SF if you got it there. I got space on my laptop after clearing my video folder out.

Sure. Let me hop on.

I got time for lke 30 min before needing to prepare for bed.

Sure. Let me hop on.
Oh I don't think now would be a good time. I'm just saying that because I have space and I realized that I would play SF a lot more on my laptop. The download will still take another hour so we probably won't play tonight. I'll be a lot more active once I have the game on the laptop 24/7. I wonder how it'll run on this...

I see what you did there.

What did you think I did there? Just saying it might be a north American thing where people don't seem to mind too much about a fake grand final? I'd be pissed off.

I don't see the point in bringing big names if they are just going to fuck around. I'd rather see two much worse players going as hard as they can for the title.

Edgeward

Oh I see. lol

Yea, just message me on steam when you are good to go.

I wouldn't worry about being able to run it. Game is optimized well minus v-sync. You may need to turn it off if you got slow down.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like people are missing the point in that the whole team thing stops at the name you have on stream. Fighting games (aside from team tournaments) aren't a team game like LoL or Dota 2 is.

What did you think I did there? Just saying it might be a north American thing where people don't seem to mind too much about a fake grand final? I'd be pissed off.

I don't see the point in bringing big names if they are just going to fuck around. I'd rather see two much worse players going as hard as they can for the title.

It's more or less something Rolando says alot whenever shit doesn't go his way. About the potsplit grand finals, I wonder how the UAE feels whenever Champ/Justin split Marvel.

Word of warning: the manga is like Claymore, it starts off very strongly but if the anime is faithful to the manga expect to get bored of the slow ass plot development.

Fuck. I'm going to have to agree with you there. But unlike Claymore, [spoilers] it looked planned out in the beginning. [/spoilers]

Word of warning: the manga is like Claymore, it starts off very strongly but if the anime is faithful to the manga expect to get bored of the slow ass plot development.

God, fuck Claymore. I knew a guy that read that once, now he's homeless. That said, Attack on Titan is just as bad.

How was it? The Bisla's across the street from Sac State yes?

Yeah, that's the place. It was pretty roomy since it was in the daytime and they hadn't changed it into the club it turns into at night. They had a couple casual setups plugged into the Vizio's on the wall, but not many wanted to touch them because the lag was so bad. I thought parking was pretty bad until I found out that there was a whole other side to the lot that I missed.

The Davis vs. Sac 5v5 never happened, though. :(

Also, kinda obvious to say since it's a bar/club, but the drinks were overpriced. :<

Was pretty funny to see Ultradavid tweeting out and using the fan made bracket which I think was from here? (And was also in the end wrong...)

Hopefully something official is run this year.

I thought EVO had some official bracket. I know for sure it wasn't challonge.

Top Bottom