• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 8-14 | Cena-Factor validated, WWEsports remain stAGEd

Intentionally throwing should get you DQ'd, as should pot splitting. If it only comes up after the tournamwnt has paid out, you should be banned from future events. The reward for winning is there as an incentive for attendance, not some right or privilage. Exploiting it should be againt the rules and cracked down on.

You cannot, but you can police blatant anticompetitive practice.

Its not anti-competitive if they're still playing the match out. That's the only problem. As long as they are playing the match out there's nothing wrong with splitting the pot which was what Mike Ross was talking about in the stream.

Yeah, that's the place. It was pretty roomy since it was in the daytime and they hadn't changed it into the club it turns into at night. They had a couple casual setups plugged into the Vizio's on the wall, but not many wanted to touch them because the lag was so bad. I thought parking was pretty bad until I found out that there was a whole other side to the lot that I missed.

The Davis vs. Sac 5v5 never happened, though. :(

Also, kinda obvious to say since it's a bar/club, but the drinks were overpriced. :<

Can you give me a ref on drinks? Is it overpriced like Midtown's R15 overpriced? And do you show up to the TapEx monthlies?

GabbyJay

Ben's Lens Ben's Lens Ben's Lens
Its not anti-competitive if they're still playing the match out. That's the only problem. As long as they are playing the match out there's nothing wrong with splitting the pot which was what Mike Ross was talking about in the stream.

What? Of course there is. If they agree that no matter what they go 50-50 then there's no motivation to win other than pride, thus killing the competitive nature.

Can you give me a ref on drinks? Is it overpriced like Midtown's R15 overpriced? And do you show up to the TapEx monthlies?

I've only ever bought Papst on tap from R15, but a Blue Moon cost me about $7. Someone was ordering shots of Patron for about $9.50 each.

And yeah, I've been to the past couple TapEx's. I think I missed one in January because I was out of town. I enter as "stersauce" if that helps.

When you're putting in dozens of hours a week into practicing the game you have to care about the money at a certain point.

I think if you are putting in all those hours just to win fgc money you are doing it wrong. Even if you do, the actual money side can be sorted out later.

I would still like to think winning a tournament is motivation enough. You can bet Champ cared about winning the EVO title. Maybe April Duels 2 meant nothing to them today, but that doesn't mean they should pretty much shit on the organisers by showing it publically.

I've only ever bought Papst on tap from R15, but a Blue Moon cost me about $7. Someone was ordering shots of Patron for about $9.50 each.

And yeah, I've been to the past couple TapEx's. I think I missed one in January because I was out of town. I enter as "stersauce" if that helps.

Friday tournament was nuts. I entered AE as one of the really free Ibukis. Went 1-2.

When you're putting in dozens of hours a week into practicing the game you have to care about the money at a certain point.

And at that point that's only a concerns top players. Pride and Money should be the two factors in playing. If you're a top player then money will mean more but there should be enough pride behind that to still play out the match if it comes to something like that. Which again, Mike Ross touched on.

The guy who made the Iron Giant/Soul Fist gif added me on Twitter. He says that his GAF account is still pending, but he had more gifs for us, including an extended version of the aforementioned gif.

755535294.gif

standh.gif

755507209.gif

The guy who made the Iron Giant/Soul Fist gif added me on Twitter. He says that his GAF account is still pending, but he had more gifs for us, including an extended version of the aforementioned gif.

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/755535294.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/Zerms4/standh.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/755507209.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
another poor soul stuck in limbo

[quote="Passive Assassin, post: 53093061"]Small world. You dipped out early before Marvel ended right?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I had to finish up an assignment before midnight, otherwise I would have stayed to watch everything. :<

Gotcha. Yea. Small world. I didn't even know the TO's were people I knew back from high school. I might have to start going to more sessions and whatnot.

GabbyJay

Is there a list of FGC Gaf on Twitter I can easily follow? I made the mistake of following Beef today I might as well ruin my feed.

The Light

I don't think there should be any DQs or bans if someone wants to throw a match or pot split. If people don't like it then honestly its up to the competitors to take them out before people who want to pot split get into the money.

I don't think there should be any DQs or bans if someone wants to throw a match or pot split. If people don't like it then honestly its up to the competitors to take them out before people who want to pot split get into the money.

it's not just about the players. what about the tournament promoters? i'm sure they want dickbags throwing matches on stream making them and their investment look bad.

splitting pots... don't care about it as much as long as the players are legitimately playing their best in the matches.

GabbyJay

I've been on GAF for a year (?) and I've never gotten a PM. I'm either doing something right or something wrong. I've also been drinking.

Top Bottom