• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 16-22 | Everyone has Xrd now, right?

remz

xLbZgPV.png

can they patch it?

No idea. Guess it's either on MS or Tecmo.

that controller firmware updating tech would be nice right about now.

Clockw0rk

Glad ppl enjoyed reading!

To answer the PSAS question, both Maj and I worked on it. Before joining SuperBot full time, I originally came on board as a contractor to take care of some asset requests that Maj was doing since he was getting increasingly busy with other stuff. He trained me to use much of the necessary tools we used like Perforce and the Vita dev kits.

For those that don't know Maj, he makes really sick fighting game videos and tutorials. He's ULTRA meticulous in his work, which is ofc good and bad. Bad in that it can take him a long time to finish even small stuff since it has to be perfect, good in that his attention to detail and the need for it to be perfect produces incredible work. I remember one of my first days where we took almost an hour to get a perfect screenshot because he wouldn't settle haha. Dude would ALWAYS be at his desk at work. First to arrive last to leave type of worker. Even days where I would have to come in on the weekend to finish something, he'd be there alone randomly trying to get some item or move to work properly. He helped me a lot at and I was honored to be working with him. Easily one of the most diligent workers I've ever met. Shouts to Maj!

jerry1594

I also saw a mention of fightcade earlier. I agree it's awesome. The game selection is very nice (though the vast majority of players are in kof 98/02, and 3s) and the connection is pretty good most of the time. Though it's not as good as GGPO. You can forward your ports and direct connect though. There haven't been updates lately but it's possible the creator, @pof, is working on replacing fba with shmupmame. I do hope more people download it and become regulars though.

petghost

Banned
Is it possible to do the high level stuff in games like KoF, 3s, Vampire series, with a pad? I have a bunch of saturn pads but I don't feel like getting a stick..

vampire savior in particular doesnt really lend itself well to a pad as im finding out right now while trying to pick up that game and learn stick at the same time.

the most important defensive technique requires you to piano six inputs during block stun and i dno if thats even possible on pad. i think a stick is useful in 3s as there are some important 1f links into super that can be made way easier by pianoing.

if you wanna play vsav with me on fightcade sometime im down. im a straight scrub tho.

jerry1594

vampire savior in particular doesnt really lend itself well to a pad as im finding out right now while trying to pick up that game and learn stick at the same time.

the most important defensive technique requires you to piano six inputs during block stun and i dno if thats even possible on pad. i think a stick is useful in 3s as there are some important 1f links into super that can be made way easier by pianoing.

if you wanna play vsav with me on fightcade sometime im down. im a straight scrub tho.
Me too I barely ever play. I'm at the press buttons and see what happens stage. Just let me know a rough time in the week and I'll get on when I can.

I play Lei Lei and using her properly practically makes you the fighting game equivalent of a pianist. After a while tech hitting properly on a pad is a piece of cake. When I go back to Skullgirls or watch MvC3 I remember just how spoiled people are.

On a 360/PS pad the key lies with sliding your thumb upwards on the four face buttons while simultaneously sliding your index finger across the right shoulder button. Don't bother with shoulder and trigger buttons if you aren't ready. Even the four face buttons are enough. When you have to think about tech hitting as deliberately as you do in VSav you become really good at finding the right moments to do so without accidentally tossing out a normal. Pushblocking in VSav feels really rewarding like this.

Busaiku

What's the best Skullgirls character that would fit in with some sort of interaction with Bridget.
Having trouble thinking of what I want for my sketch.

jerry1594

I want to say squigly as far as chemistry but i don't know much about bridget at all.
Oh and her parasite is kinda sorta like a yoyo. Almost.

What's the best Skullgirls character that would fit in with some sort of interaction with Bridget.
Having trouble thinking of what I want for my sketch.
I can see Robo Fortune blowing a fuse at Bridget's truth bomb. Feng and her might get along too since her birds would function in a yoyo-ish way.

Edit: I'm surprised to see no Bridget inspirations in the 3rd character list Lab Zero released. That's a surprise.

vulva

Gunning for the 500k?

I'm just stoked to hear it's a premier event. That means we'll get a shitload of big name players at our tournament since it's in Toronto this year. Most major names have never been up to our part of Canada, so this is pretty exciting for me.

Shouta

Lot of buzz going around the JP twitter a school opening up for pro-gaming. It's sort of interesting but I haven't had time to sit down and read some of the opinions about it yet though.

So I checked the WNF Online tournament just to see how many people entered. I can't join because I work 2nd shift unfortunately(although that may change soon). It's not full but they did fill up 248 spots from the 256 player cap. Considering this is USF4 I'm not too sure whether people will be impressed by that or not. I do think it's a very good start and I hope online players continue showing up in the droves to support this effort by Valle and company. If I can get on 1st shift like I'm hoping to do soon, I'll join every week even though I know I'll probably never make it to Wednesday.

Played some SF4 online. Lost to green hand -> piledriver a few times, jumped in a million times, and didn't have much fun trouncing people.

Now for the grind so I can get to A rank... just so it -might- be a little different.

btw KOF is on sale woo hoo

Glad ppl enjoyed reading!

To answer the PSAS question, both Maj and I worked on it. Before joining SuperBot full time, I originally came on board as a contractor to take care of some asset requests that Maj was doing since he was getting increasingly busy with other stuff. He trained me to use much of the necessary tools we used like Perforce and the Vita dev kits.

For those that don't know Maj, he makes really sick fighting game videos and tutorials. He's ULTRA meticulous in his work, which is ofc good and bad. Bad in that it can take him a long time to finish even small stuff since it has to be perfect, good in that his attention to detail and the need for it to be perfect produces incredible work. I remember one of my first days where we took almost an hour to get a perfect screenshot because he wouldn't settle haha. Dude would ALWAYS be at his desk at work. First to arrive last to leave type of worker. Even days where I would have to come in on the weekend to finish something, he'd be there alone randomly trying to get some item or move to work properly. He helped me a lot at and I was honored to be working with him. Easily one of the most diligent workers I've ever met. Shouts to Maj!

I love Maj's work. I hope he never shut down his website, there's so much knownledge on it.

Also on Capcom Pro Tour: more support for Europe please, we actually are better than USA so stop giving these bad players money, give it to us instead.
Edit: give it to asia too.

Anne

Ice storm bodied me, I can't go to school basically all week and our fight night is cancelled since Nashville is basically shut down. I'm happy I have internet and heat, but no fighting games for a few days for me ;_;

Mr. X

OMW to Combo Breaker 2015 for some Skullgirls!

Not sure what other games I'l enter. SG, Mystery, VSav for now.

I can see Robo Fortune blowing a fuse at Bridget's truth bomb. Feng and her might get along too since her birds would function in a yoyo-ish way.

Edit: I'm surprised to see no Bridget inspirations in the 3rd character list Lab Zero released. That's a surprise.

Fortune's head is pretty much Bridget's yoyo.

Japan streaming Online Skullgirls Danisen League http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?streams/sgrmjp.338/channel

Rhapsody

Banned
HD was the last one on SNES right? Favorite art style for any DBZ game ever. Sure it's overly grimdark, but I ate it up.

Yeah (at least I'm pretty sure it was the last DBZ game on that console).

Game was really fun being all SF-like. Even had comeback mechanics when low on life. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMMxmMVO9gA

Somebody found an Olimar glitch with his custom down B. Basically, Fox's reflector amplifies Olimar's pikmin to the extent that they're can do 999% in one hit if you reflect it enough times.

This team is going to be banned so hard, lol.

Hell yeah time to become a doubles Champ

Dangerous Opinion: Don't nerf Diddy, buff EVERYONE instead and the game will be more fun.

More games need to follow this idea

Top Bottom