• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 12-18 | DaiGOAT

Astarte

tumblr_na4htwiEHa1rzwecvo2_250.gif

Let's go Daigo!

How the fuck have people not played EBA/Ouendan yet

The Beast won with a raging demon. DaiGOAT was the one true thread title.

He landed more demons this weekend than Tokido has in his SF4 history. It's absurd that he landed as many as he did.

BTW drunk money matches on Canada Cup 3 channel. Xiaohai vs Snake Eyez and Xiaohai seems to be completely fucked already.

Manbig

Thank you for the request Sayah. I barely post in these threads, so I didn't think that anyone would vote for me lol.

A few tid bits from the Canada Cup Afterhours stream. In the beginning Lap Chi said that he talked to the Japanese and told them that it's hard to say whether their will be another Masters Series next year for now. He said he needs to talk to his sponsors and Twitch about certain things(probably how the stream didn't get blocked outside of desktop). Towards the end of the stream one of the CCG Staffers came on to thank everybody and though he didn't give out a number he said that they did better than they anticipated, hopefully good enough to throw another one.

Lapchi also said that if he does do another one, top 4 automatically get invited back. So that's Daigo, Kazunoko, Xian, and PR Rog who will be back next year if there is one. Which leaves the rest up for some kind of qualifier or via special invitation I guess. I'm hoping there will be another and I'll support it again if there is one as long as the player level stays high.

A few tid bits from the Canada Cup Afterhours stream. In the beginning Lap Chi said that he talked to the Japanese and told them that it's hard to say whether their will be another Masters Series next year for now. He said he needs to talk to his sponsors and Twitch about certain things(probably how the stream didn't get blocked outside of desktop). Towards the end of the stream one of the CCG Staffers came on to thank everybody and though he didn't give out a number he said that they did better than they anticipated, hopefully good enough to throw another one.

Lapchi also said that if he does do another one, top 4 automatically get invited back. So that's Daigo, Kazunoko, Xian, and PR Rog will be there next year if there is one. Which leaves the rest up for some kind of qualifier or via special invitation I guess. I'm hoping there will be another and I'll support it again if there is as long as the player level stays high.

I could of watched it for free on mobile?

WHAT THE FUCK MAN.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I'm hoping there will be another and I'll support it again if there is as long as the player level stays high.

Yep, plus I really appreciate the commentary staff. I like how they focused on the stuff that I give a shit about (good players, long enough sets, good commentary), and I realize that it isn't cheap to get all of that in one event, and that it wouldn't happen very easily without our money.

I could of watched it for free on mobile?

WHAT THE FUCK MAN.

Yep, a lot of people were watching it for free on mobile and Xbox. At first it was at source, when Twitch found out they dropped the quality to the lowest. It looked like shit but you could still tell what was going on. I guess they couldn't figure out a way to block it altogether.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I wish there were more good players online in Xrd, if it showed wins/losses for player matches I'm sure I'd be over 95% out of 1.5k games

NEO0MJ

I wish there were more good players online in Xrd, if it showed wins/losses for player matches I'm sure I'd be over 95% out of 1.5k games

If only my connection was good, I would have then been able to crush you all like ants beneath my feet.

Sayad

Blacksnake's Venom was hype, it wasn't in top 8, but his match with Lord Knight was really good. He's also about the only one who was using Blitz Shield properly.

Elven Shadow was so much above everyone else though, did he even lose a single game in top 8?!

Prototype

Don't know that yet =) He could very well qualify again
T_T

Edit.

I want Sako there next year. Also, either Dieminion or KunkleDu- the series needs a Guile in it.

Finally, dogura or another really good Bison player would be nice to see as well .

Blacksnake's Venom was hype, it wasn't in top 8, but I his match with Lord Knight was really good. He's also about the only one who was using Blitz Shield properly.

Elven Shadow was so much above everyone else though, did he even lose a single game in top 8?!

Yes. Doren2k Elphelt took him to last game, last round but crumbled in the end IIRC. After which Doren got completely murdered by Blacksnake in losers bracket.

FGC 2015 definitely starting off in the right direction stream wise and community wise. Daigo goes beast againnnnnnnnnn. Dat Daigoat is something else.

Anne

All I remember is hearing yelling and seeing Elphelt's life bar disappear, that is how fast Doren got bodied in losers.

Not trying to say anything about players, but a big takeaway I got from this tournament was "Are you prepared for Elphelt?" ended up being a pretty big factor in some brackets.

Top Bottom