• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 12-18 | DaiGOAT

Kimosabae

Banned
Yooo this GGX promo Psychorarity put up is such a blast from the past! Forgot this even existed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdG0SaxATFU

I used to watch that trailer on repeat when GGXX released and it's what essentially established the crepuscular tone of the universe for me. You can see how much this contrasts with Xrd's tone pretty clearly.

Anyone know if this was ever a full-fledged film?

We finally got the thread title

m6ilMVo.gif

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Daigo deserves his recognition at every opportunity.

I take it he wrecked shop then - I heard about being able to watch it for free via the Xbox Twitch app yesterday, but I wasn't home for almost the whole weekend anyways. Would've loved to watch him do his thing, along with Pepeday till how far he got. Missed most of KiT Marvel too, don't even know who won so I'll try to see if it will be all uploaded on Youtube soon.

Marz

Daigo deserves his recognition at every opportunity.

I take it he wrecked shop then - I heard about being able to watch it for free via the Xbox Twitch app yesterday, but I wasn't home for almost the whole weekend anyways. Would've loved to watch him do his thing, along with Pepeday till how far he got. Missed most of KiT Marvel too, don't even know who won so I'll try to see if it will be all uploaded on Youtube soon.

They already uploading the Marvel on PandaxGaming channel

T_T

Edit.

I want Sako there next year. Also, either Dieminion or KunkleDu- the series needs a Guile in it.

Finally, dogura or another really good Bison player would be nice to see as well .

Ask for the most boring characters instead of that hype Fuerte brehs

Apex numbers as of right now:

Melee 1v1 Total: 963
Brawl 1v1 Total: 139
Smash 4 1v1 Total: 666
Smash 64 1v1 Total: 155

Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire VGC total: 68

Ultra Street Fighter IV 1v1 Total: 68
Guilty Gear Xrd 1v1 Total: 33
Killer Instinct 1v1 Total: 18
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 1v1 Total: 28

Smash 4 is the devil confirmed Kappa

Marz

Lol those Brawl numbers are pretty solid for a game that everybody hates and that has essentially been replaced.

Kimosabae

Banned
Lol those Brawl numbers are pretty solid for a game that everybody hates and that has essentially been replaced.

If you cut your teeth on Brawl and moved on to Project M, I don't see you having much of a choice. Especially if you're not confident in Melee.

Smash 4 is still young, so I imagine that a lot of people want to play the game they mastered previously while it's fresh on their play list. Give it a year and I think the numbers will drop a ton.

emb

Pretty sure it's official now. Melee hit 971, and now Apex 2015 is the biggest Melee event so far.

I can't believe the numbers keep going up. To think, just two years ago it was unheard of to get 400 entrants max.

K.Sabot

Pretty sure it's official now. Melee hit 971, and now Apex 2015 is the biggest Melee event so far.

I can't believe the numbers keep going up. To think, just two years ago it was unheard of to get 400 entrants max.

And I got money against my friend that it won't make it to EVO.

Though I'm sweating that Bill Trinen tweeted about B.E.A.S.T Melee finals yesterday.

I think the reason he's taking a long break is because he has a job that's taking most of his time away.

I mean, he actually did a lot better at this event than I thought he'd do.

Apart from DaiGOAT taking his soul ofc.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Not only did Eduardo find a way to burst in SF4, Daigo hard read this entirely unprecedented event and threw him out of it? I thought you guys were going overboard on the DaiGOAT thing, but I was wrong.

To be fair; that's the kind of moment where you seriously wonder "...I'm never, ever being better than this person." That is definitely one of those "I need to do something else with my life because I just did something completely unique, that they could have no prep for, that no one thought was even possible...and then he read it and countered it. F. M. L."

kirblar

He has a job?! I thought eSports was his job
He has a Masters in Int'l Politics, I believe. (Or something similar.)

Apparently the EG contract renewal for the FG guys was a step down for Ricky/Justin/Rog, which is why we're seeing this out of Rog. Ricky already has/had a tech job for a long while, iirc.

Oh man I read Rog's tweet so wrong.

This is actually his last year playing then he's retiring ;_______________________________;

I thought he was taking the rest of this year off then going to come back as a SSJ3..

say it aint so Rog~san.

He has a Masters in Int'l Politics, I believe. (Or something similar.)

Apparently the EG contract renewal for the FG guys was a step down for Ricky/Justin/Rog, which is why we're seeing this out of Rog. Ricky already has/had a tech job for a long while, iirc.

I heard she works for Google. That true?

Top Bottom