• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 20-26 | I Can't Believe It's Not A Fighting Game

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So what the fuck did he even use 400 pages on? That was probably the third worst thing about the game behind the ending and quests being obtained via being a creeper.

you know what, nevermind. I was on BSN long enough to know what his changes are

and yeah, I think mods need to do something about that mentality. These days, the OP doesn't even matter. Everyone just clicks for the first post. a 20 page thread is 10 pages worth of people quoting the first post
safasf87c3e.jpg

kermit_3b29b2_6632048adz6.gif

Rhapsody

Banned
Would love to go to SCR for dat Gundamu, but alas I am no longer in So Cal (UK). I'm wondering if my bro is going though as he's pretty boss at EXVS. Really hyped Full Boost is part of the official lineup. More people need to get into it!

Btw, the OT for Gundam EXVS Full Boost will be going up on Wednesday and will probably be streaming some vanilla EXVS play throughout the week. :)

Unfortunately I'll be probably just be entering other games at SCR. It would've been fun to enter Gundam, but I haven't played since PS2, so it'd be quite the one month grind then (and seeing if a friend wants to enter or not). It's going to be fun watching it though when I'm there.

But who knows, maybe I might change my mind.

I think my issue with PSAS was the very specific KO system. It needed Ring Outs or Knock Outs(Player not on screen to make it a 1v2 match). Sure the meter made you play your matchups differently knowing areas that they can use their super but many characters had trouble setting it up their kills other than letting it rip. If they added a KO or ring out type character AND super building monsters with poor kill setups, you add variety in matchup and character builds right there both in the character select screen and how the match is played overtime.

Although it was early, you didn't see much interms of mobility of pros vs casual play. Movement in the Smash tourney was the most eye opening stuff.

edit; PC UMvC3 would have been an amazing thing. Mods, better connections (maybe?), and exposing the game to a larger playerbase. If only they tied the H&H to steam cards and had community costumes for sale.
Might be too late for it now with the IGG backed palettes but Steam Workshop support for Skullgirls palettes would be sick.
they're all going to be nude palettes. Even for Big Band. Especially for Big Band.

Chavelo

Quick, Marvel minions. Start working on a 50 page document that goes over changes for Project Mahvel. Not just a balance patch, but also add additional stages, characters and modes. I expect at least four pages per new character.

IT MIGHT JUST WORK.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Quick, Marvel minions. Start working on a 50 page document that goes over changes for Project Mahvel. Not just a balance patch, but also add additional stages, characters and modes. I expect at least four pages per new character.

IT MIGHT JUST WORK.
NOTHING STOPS THIS LOGIC

Is competitive Smash new to you?

Yes, it is. I come from a PC gaming (mostly modding games & levels in Unreal and NWN) background. My only console was NES until Senior year of HS when I saved up for a PS2.

My work hired a guy that was into Smash and he broke down the mechanics of breaking Smash into the game you see today. I didn't know much about Smash until EVO last year. I knew about wavedashing from Marvel but not Smash. I think my fighter knowledge was/is limited to Capcom games.

And in the case of PRRog vs Kazonoko.. it's not that they rated Topanga ratings higher than EVO ratings... it's that they rated them higher than two EVO top 8 placing + multiple US majors. Yeah I agree with you that they messed up on ChrisG vs Uryo but they definitely messed up on PRRog vs Kazonoko as well.

Where would you rank Eduardo then?

Dahbomb

Where would you rank Eduardo then?
Swap those two, #9 seems fine.

50 page document only for practically a new expansion?

That would require 500 pages!

The only stage I would want is a Temen-Ni-Gru stage. Capcom fucked that shit up by not including it in UMVC3.

Horseress

Oh man....wtf?!

FLY|D'Nyc3
‏@DiNyc3st
Just swallowed like 10-15 pills. let's see what happens #done
FLY|D'Nyc3 ‏@DiNyc3st 30m
Look I've taking a point of no return. I dunno if I live long enough but thanks for everything guys -1-

I hope it's just some poor taste joke
I don't think anyone here lives close to him, but someone should ASAP go to his place and check if he's ok

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh man....wtf?!

I don't think anyone here lives close to him, but someone should ASAP go to his place and check if he's ok
Oh god, I hope he's alright or this is some sort of joke.

Didn't his father pass recently? I remember him saying on stream he was going to change his name to Lynx to play in his dad's name or something. Hope it's not related to deeper issues like that.

Swap those two, #9 seems fine.

50 page document only for practically a new expansion?

That would require 500 pages!

The only stage I would want is a Temen-Ni-Gru stage. Capcom fucked that shit up by not including it in UMVC3.

Yeah that would be a great stage but I want the stage in hell where Dante and Vergil's final fight take place, the waterfall after Arkham. Think it's called Forbidden Nirvana. That stage would be too godlike especially with that theme in the background.

Oh man....wtf?!

Holy shit I hope this is just a bad joke.

Riposte

No idea who that is, but someone who does should call the authorities. When someone starts talking like that on twitter its because they want someone to help them (i.e., a cry for help).

Dahbomb

Yeah that would be a great stage but I want the stage in hell where Dante and Vergil's final fight take place, the waterfall after Arkham. Think it's called Forbidden Nirvana. That stage would be too godlike especially with that theme in the background.
That one's good too but the Temen-Ni-Gru stage is THE iconic DMC3 area. It's featured on the cover, it's featured in the intro, it was featured in the first ever trailer and it's featured in their first fight. Plus the rain and the moon in the background really seals the deal.

And someone should check up on D'Nyce ASAP. Don't know what pills he swallowed but a response within a half an hour could still save his life but time is of the essence.

Grokbu

Should someone create a thread about this perhaps? Maybe someone who might be able to help him would notice it.

Shito

I am playing the hell out of Warframe. It is F2P, and probably the best thing on the system. I would say it is a 7/10 or 8/10 game, but keep in mind I use the full scale. I love how much character customization it has for a third person shooter. Some of the frames have really creative gameplay, too. My frame, Loki, can create diversionary clones, disarm enemies at a distance, swap places with anyone on the screen, and go invisible. I am going to give him a gun that causes confuse status effects to really fit the character.
Hmm, didn't pay the game any attention up until now, but you make it sound like interesting: I'll try it out!

Also, who is DNyce?
Hope this is some kind of bad joke... :/

Dahbomb

Isn't Warframe that game with kawaii sniper-chans?
No... Warframe is a free to play action/shooter game where you control these bots (called Warframes) and customize them as you level up. It's like a character action game combined with a 3rd person shooter like Mass Effect. It's a bit rough around the edges but it's a solid overall game and it's free so there's always that. It's available on Steam PC and PS4 (coming soon on Xbox One I believe).

It's similar to Vanquish with a lot more focus on co-op and RPG elements but also more grindy like an MMO.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I don't know if my heart can take another good friend from the FGC passing. This is too real and too fucked up.

i can't get into Warframe. i'm at that point in my life where i won't give a game to much attention if:

- i need to consult a Wiki to know what i'm doing
- i need someone to "show me the ropes"

Warframe is both.

Jaxel

This Tuesday's 8 on the Break Weekly will feature NIDHOGG as well as Injustice!

Also, we now run a Smash Bros Melee tournament Bi-Weekly on Fridays. Next one is this Friday.

Omega

Banned
i can't get into Warframe. i'm at that point in my life where i won't give a game to much attention if:

Warframe is both.

i don't think either of those are a problem with Warframe

my problem with Warframe are the trailers that show you all this awesome shit, but to get to that point you gotta put in like 50 hours worth of grinding.

Warframe is both.

funny enough, this is how most people tend to react about fighting games, in my experience

"Footsies, blockstrings, 1-frame links, plinking, zoning...fuck this, I'm going to non-fighters
like smash trololol
"

Dahbomb

Warframe is both.
I didn't have that problem with the game.

My problem is that it's too grindy... a lot of the cool features of the game are behind hours of grinding or microtransactions. Plus some of the animations look goofy as hell.

Shito

He used to be a regular on Ryan Hunter's old option select streams. He then later became a commentator for some of majors in the Northeast.
Oh ok thanks.
His name is vaguely familiar, I've probably heard him commentate a few times.
Hope he'll pull through, if that's not a joke.

Also you guys are throwing every desire I had to try out Warframe out the window...

I didn't have that problem with the game.

My problem is that it's too grindy... a lot of the cool features of the game are behind hours of grinding or microtransactions. Plus some of the animations look goofy as hell.

I think the grind is pretty weird. In most cases the things that I need (namely the cores/catalysts to double your gears effectiveness) are exclusive to rare alerts. It's not a grind to get them, you just need to be in the game at the right random time to acquire them which is really annoying. Other than that the things that I don't like are the melee combat and the lack of variety in content. It's essentially a much better version of the ME3 multiplayer though.

Dahbomb

The lack of variety in the content (ie. mission types, enemies, environments) is what makes the grind hard to endure.

I think the combat is fine as a 3rd person action shooter. It's like a Mass Effect but with way more options for customization and with co-op. It's not really supposed to be a DMC/MGR.. closer to Vanquish probably.

mbpm1

I think the grind is pretty weird. In most cases the things that I need (namely the cores/catalysts to double your gears effectiveness) are exclusive to rare alerts. It's not a grind to get them, you just need to be in the game at the right random time to acquire them which is really annoying. Other than that the things that I don't like are the melee combat and the lack of variety in content. It's essentially a much better version of the ME3 multiplayer though.

Funny, I tried to get into it and everything reminded me of a much less polished ME3. Didn't like the melee combat and how strangely difficult it was to hit things, so it seemed the best thing to do was shoot things, but I didn't really care about shooting things either. And the grinding was the final straw.

There's a lot more customization if you get past that, but i didn't.

No... Warframe is a free to play action/shooter game where you control these bots (called Warframes) and customize them as you level up. It's like a character action game combined with a 3rd person shooter like Mass Effect. It's a bit rough around the edges but it's a solid overall game and it's free so there's always that. It's available on Steam PC and PS4 (coming soon on Xbox One I believe).

It's similar to Vanquish with a lot more focus on co-op and RPG elements but also more grindy like an MMO.
I was referring to this (and it was Warframe after all) http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=693898&page=1

Xevren

Warframe was ok for a little bit. I'd probably play it again when it doesn't run terribly. The fps dive the game can get on ps4 just gets annoying. Galatine chopping stuff up was pretty fun.

Top Bottom