• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 28 - Aug 3 | The thirst is UNiEL

My mind is blown that Ultra still does not have a rematch feature for 2 person lobbies. I actually read a book on the side between matches and can crank through a page before the next match starts.

I think Skullgirls set the standard for what fighting games should have and yet none of them incorporated it. T'is stupid.
Heck, we have a button check for Ultra and even that still sucks since when can't unassign buttons meaning we still have to sit through button checks.

I think there is a good chance he might show up in the sequel.
Here's hoping.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So my PSN account got hacked today, thankfully I got it back in less than 20 mins. The support guy said it was the 3rd case of it today he just delt with.

GGA received an award from Twin Galaxies last night and I went to the awards ceremony. I got to meet Billy Mitchell and Walter Day. I love King of Kong so this was a treat. It was just like KOK, Billy is a huge superstar in that culture. Totally funny and awesome.

I think the entire AH community would cosplay an Arcana char at EVO if that is what it would take for Examu devs to guarantee a PC port for LM.

some of them wouldn't need the motivation
Whatever it takes
My mind is blown that Ultra still does not have a rematch feature for 2 person lobbies. I actually read a book on the side between matches and can crank through a page before the next match starts.
You aren't the only one. I hate the breaks between matches. When I lose I get all fidgety and those 20+ seconds can mess with my head. It's a massive turnoff.

That's Gamesharing, and people already do it on PS3. It's allowed, but not as good anymore since Sony limited the number of systems you can download content to on a username. Or did they change that again?
Do you know what the limit is? Would you, or anyone else, be interested in something like this?

Marvel still works independently, they go through Marvel's licensing.
Yeah, but isn't Disney doing a lot of heavy lifting with Marvel licensing battles? I read a lot about the Sony situation...

smash controller redesign leaked.

tumblr_n7dfc2xL2S1sxyzixo1_500.png

I think I see a pattern here...

It's two systems, last I checked. I actually need to double check with a mod if gamesharing talk is allowed, but in general you could probably ask someone in a related thread.
Lemstar talks about it a lot, so I ventured that it is okay. I feel weird talking about it, but with P4A, Xrd, and Smash all coming out this year, I would love to try all of those games without spending a ton of money. Plus, if we all agreed to buy everything, then I would end up buying stuff like Tekken 7.

Anyway, I was thinking a group of people I trust to pay could gather together, but maybe it won't work out.

Lemstar talks about it a lot, so I ventured that it is okay. I feel weird talking about it, but with P4A, Xrd, and Smash all coming out this year, I would love to try all of those games without spending a ton of money. Plus, if we all agreed to buy everything, then I would end up buying stuff like Tekken 7.

Anyway, I was thinking a group of people I trust to pay could gather together, but maybe it won't work out.

Pretty sure it's only Sorny systems that can reliably do it. I have no idea how one would do it on a WiiU, if it's at all possible.

Kumubou

Pretty sure it's only Sorny systems that can reliably do it. I have no idea how one would do it on a WiiU, if it's at all possible.
It doesn't work at all on the PS4, since Sony moved to the same system Microsoft uses on the X360 and XBone (where you can only authenticate one system for offline use, but the PSN account can use it on any console as long as they are logged in).

Oh no, I wasn't expecting one for Smash. But the group would be something like 3 folks on the PS3/4 that agree to jointly purchase all PS3/4 fighting games.

It doesn't work at all on the PS4, since Sony moved to the same system Microsoft uses on the X360 and XBone (where you can only authenticate one system for offline use, but the PSN account can use it on any console as long as they are logged in).
Oh, so PS4 gamesharing is dead? I'm honestly just learning about this. I just gave my sister access to my PSN a month ago because I just had no idea it could be done at all!

Uraizen

Banned
It's two systems, last I checked. I actually need to double check with a mod if gamesharing talk is allowed, but in general you could probably ask someone in a related thread.

Can be up to four with two phantom shares. Two accounts download it, you deactivate all PS3s online, then the next two can download it. The former two can't log back into the account and if the game/hdd gets corrupted/breaks then you're SOL. The two who can still log-in can redownload it if needed. Reason why you can't repeat this is because you can only deactivate all systems once a year.

I think that covers it...?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Then please don't give them money to begin with. The whole point of Ultra is to be a cheap cash grab, giving them money just helps to make it fulfill it's purpose.

#anime XD

How else am I suppose to play Ultra? I got no other fighting games except for Marvel and GG and I have no meet ups that have GG ;_;

I would try online but Marvel has taught me to hate online.

smash controller redesign leaked.

tumblr_n7dfc2xL2S1sxyzixo1_500.png

Is this person a fox player?

I think I see a pattern here...

such pun, much smash.

I hit 5000 tweets today, and 80% of those are bitching about how bad I am at SF. :eek:

Tonight I lost a few, decided to focus on playing versus the player and I did way, way better. People jump a lot online. Especially at the neutral when you walk into their jump arc after throwing out a normal. :|

Also watching PR Balrog in the background. How one man can stand to play online that much I do not know.

WTF

I hate when that happens

" man fuck this character"

But he is the importnt one

He is called Dick (Richard) Rider tho

I think that'd actually cross the line in that movie.

Plus, they get to nuke the Nova Corps after Avengers 2 when Thanos goes "I'll just get those sodding stones myself" and kills the entire Nova Corp. They've stuck one stone on Asgard along with the gauntlet, another is on Nowhere and the other with the Nova Corp. Thanos getting into a war with Asgard is a pretty good synopsis for Thor 3, and he can just nab the other poorly-defended stones, then Avengers 3 is him coming after the inevitable stone that's on Earth (that will probably be set up in either Doctor Strange or Ant-Man). Nova/GOTG2 movie sorted, Thor 3 movie sorted, then... I dunno, just have Captain America and Iron Man fight each other or something for their movies.

Jesus Christ.

I am terrible at AE and yet I can't put it down and I can't wait for Ultra.

I should be continuing my first playthough of TLoU but I feel I need to redeem myself after going something like 5-80(?).

I wish there were a way to check my record.

You can call him richard rider and then make that joke

Alright, different tact, he's really similar to Green Lantern.

And like I said, they've already set up the Nova Corp now, so they can do really nasty stuff to them later and do Nova. But do they really need Nova when they have the GOTG?

Then again they're making an Ant-Man movie.

Then again it might come down to making a Nova movie or a Marvel movie with a superheroine as the main character.

We can all be thankful that GOTG gave us RR in UMvC3 though. Cool character.

How else am I suppose to play Ultra? I got no other fighting games except for Marvel and GG and I have no meet ups that have GG ;_;

Is this person a fox player?

such pun, much smash.
looks like a marth

fox needs a b button

Dlent

It seems more like Marvel has taught you to only play games with bad netcode :p

Also watching PR Balrog in the background. How one man can stand to play online that much I do not know.

He's closing in on 300 subs and gets plenty of donations as well. He's not rolling in cash from it but that has to be at least another $1000+ in his pocket every month. As much of a rage inducing experience SF4 online can be, it still beats the hell out of most real jobs for for the same pay.

Top Bottom