• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 28 - Aug 3 | The thirst is UNiEL

Laconic

Banned
I love the additional features of Ultra.

The Now Loading screens let me know that the game is actually loading, despite my having installed it to disc.

Capcom abounds with the winningest features known to gaming.

Myn

Yeah, with USF4 physical aren't we supposed to get new trials, or is that only for the PC/physical versions?

I think that the physical version for PS3/360 are guaranteed to have trials along with all existing costumes. I'm honestly not sure about the PC version, if they do patch in trials that would be cool, but as it stand right now the PC version is only a DLC update so I wouldn't be surprised if those weren't included. I'm also not sure if trials are going to be added to the console DLC versions because that'd devalue the physical copies even more, I hope that's not the case though so don't quote me on that.

Edit: I looked around and apparently trials are going to be patched in come August 5th when the retail versions drop.

It's also a little unfair that the PC version doesn't have a $40 pricing to include all the costumes as well, but Steam sales for costumes come around during big sales, I remember getting the All-in Costume Pack for like $3.

My mind is blown that Ultra still does not have a rematch feature for 2 person lobbies. I actually read a book on the side between matches and can crank through a page before the next match starts.

Horseress

My mind is still blown with how amazing GotG was! Holy shit, best marvel movie ever, but
wtf was that Howard the Duck teaser?! They won't make a movie with him will they?

I like how Ogawa played Xrd at the start and decimated everything. Then basically went "I'm still godlike after not playing since AC" and leaves lol

He could easily win this if he went :(

Maybe, maybe not. From what I hear he's been getting bodied by Karinchou's Ramlethal. Not really a surprise because Ramlethal pretty much invalidates Eddie as a neutral game tool - he only has utility as a way to maintain pressure and extend combos, maybe a sporadic summon->Nobiru antiair.

It's just a feeling I've gotten from watching Zato matches that I can't back up with logic, but I feel that because Ogawa's Eddie control is on a level most other Zato players just can't reach, his neutral game has really warped itself around that. While other Zato players use Zato as their basis in neutral and then complement it with Eddie to build a cohesive whole, Ogawa does the exact opposite. He leans on Eddie really heavily, which then leaves his Zato alone play a bit lackluster.

Against Ramlethal, that's straight deadly. Add to it the fact that using Eddie properly takes attention resources to begin with - attention resources that really need to be put to work on navigating the hell that is Ramlethal's screen control - you pretty much end up boning yourself trying to play like Ogawa does. His style is monstrous overall, but against Ramlethal it's pretty much the worst one possible.

You can kind of see it in the Machabou runback after he switched from Ky to Sol, too - Machabou developed his Eddie-killing plan a lot from their first long set where he got murdered, and you could clearly see how uncomfortable not having access to Eddie was for Ogawa.

Infinite

In regards to Xrd, I seen ton a of complaints about YRC but a lot of those complaints come from people who haven't played the game yet. Naturally I'm taking these issues with a grain of salt. But what do you guys think is legitimately wrong with YRC and I'm not talking about on paper but in actual matches and what they can do to fix it of necessary?

Maybe, maybe not. From what I hear he's been getting bodied by Karinchou's Ramlethal. Not really a surprise because Ramlethal pretty much invalidates Eddie as a neutral game tool - he only has utility as a way to maintain pressure and extend combos, maybe a sporadic summon->Nobiru antiair.

It's just a feeling I've gotten from watching Zato matches that I can't back up with logic, but I feel that because Ogawa's Eddie control is on a level most other Zato players just can't reach, his neutral game has really warped itself around that. While other Zato players use Zato as their basis in neutral and then complement it with Eddie to build a cohesive whole, Ogawa does the exact opposite. He leans on Eddie really heavily, which then leaves his Zato alone play a bit lackluster.

Against Ramlethal, that's straight deadly. Add to it the fact that using Eddie properly takes attention resources to begin with - attention resources that really need to be put to work on navigating the hell that is Ramlethal's screen control - you pretty much end up boning yourself trying to play like Ogawa does. His style is monstrous overall, but against Ramlethal it's pretty much the worst one possible.

You can kind of see it in the Machabou runback after he switched from Ky to Sol, too - Machabou developed his Eddie-killing plan a lot from their first long set where he got murdered, and you could clearly see how uncomfortable not having access to Eddie was for Ogawa.

Quoted for truth. And yeah Ramlethal man... By the way, still no Zatos qualified for the Arc Revo Cup.

onionfrog

My mind is blown that Ultra still does not have a rematch feature for 2 person lobbies. I actually read a book on the side between matches and can crank through a page before the next match starts.
I'm equally baffled. It really doesn't seem like it would have been difficult to add in.

Still debating whether I should get the physical version of USF4. I want the costumes. But I really don't need them. Plus it's a little silly to triple dip on the game. :/

fader

My mind is still blown with how amazing GotG was! Holy shit, best marvel movie ever, but
wtf was that Howard the Duck teaser?! They won't make a movie with him will they?

They can do a Howard The Duck movie but a female lead movie is a "challenge"...

#marvellogic

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I'm equally baffled. It really doesn't seem like it would have been difficult to add in.

Still debating whether I should get the physical version of USF4. I want the costumes. But I really don't need them. Plus it's a little silly to triple dip on the game. :/

I just canceled my USF4 pre-order for PS3 and just sticking to PC this time around. After that, I probably won't buy anything Cacpom-related anymore.
Man my hate is strong for Capcom right now.

Damn, I remember watching it as a kid and
being scared of that big talking duck
And not the gigantic space tentacle monster? That thing gave me nightmares. The movie was also my childhood favorite, right next to Aliens.

I will wait for either SFV or a PS4 version at this point.

Riposte

Guardians of the Galaxy was pretty funny. Totally thinking of picking up the comic now

If you want some epic space fantasy shit, check this out:

taricoooxx.jpg

GotG actually begins in the second arc.

I just canceled my USF4 pre-order for PS3 and just sticking to PC this time around. After that, I probably won't buy anything Cacpom-related anymore.
Man my hate is strong for Capcom right now.

Then please don't give them money to begin with. The whole point of Ultra is to be a cheap cash grab, giving them money just helps to make it fulfill it's purpose.

#anime XD

Welcome back Karst, just in time for renewed MvC4 talk with GotG out!
Thank you, and I never stopped reading during my ban. <3 Glad to be back, I missed posting. My favorite moment while I was gone was when Dry claimed I was trolling about SF being more random than Marvel, which provoked several pages of discussion about the issue. It was like I was here, but I wasn't.

I actually wonder if Capcom should talk to Marvel about a new game, or Disney.

Oh yeah, that reminds me: I want to expand into more fighting games, but costs are prohibitive. I know some folks do game share accounts, but I thought: why not get some people together and agree to buy everything that comes out (not cosmetic DLC) and split the costs? It would let us play a greater variety of games while saving money. Is such a practice even allowed?

Rhapsody

Banned

Interesting. I'll be honest that I haven't seen Ogawa play against a Ramlethal yet, let alone seeing much of Karinchou (that I'm aware of).

I could see all that being tough for Zato, especially considering Ogawa's style of play.
I do remember that set between him and Machabou though and how much Ogawa was struggling.

Oh yeah, that reminds me: I want to expand into more fighting games, but costs are prohibitive. I know some folks do game share accounts, but I thought: why not get some people together and agree to buy everything that comes out (not cosmetic DLC) and split the costs? It would let us play a greater variety of games while saving money. Is such a practice even allowed?

That's Gamesharing, and people already do it on PS3. It's allowed, but not as good anymore since Sony limited the number of systems you can download content to on a username. Or did they change that again?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thank you, and I never stopped reading during my ban. <3 Glad to be back, I missed posting. My favorite moment while I was gone was when Dry claimed I was trolling about SF being more random than Marvel, which provoked several pages of discussion about the issue. It was like I was here, but I wasn't.

I actually wonder if Capcom should talk to Marvel about a new game, or Disney.

Marvel still works independently, they go through Marvel's licensing.

.la1n

I've been debating whether I want to do a game share with Uniel but I've got a ton of other fighting games I've barely touched. I'm actually enjoying playing Injustice online lately, never thought I'd say that.

Rhapsody

Banned
Got around to watching the Ikeno interview finally. Really great stuff.

I found it interesting and I thought the editing and how the interview was handled was good.

Rhapsody

Banned
How old are ArcSys players in Japan.
The BlazBlue top 8 looked like guys around that age.

Some of those guys were GG players back in the day.

I remember hearing when +R came out, a lot of the players in arcades were wearing suits because they were coming back from work. lol

Busaiku

Yeah, which is why I'm wondering why they have to make a special spot for 25- year olds.
Unless guys like Dogura are actually in their 30s or something.

Interesting. I'll be honest that I haven't seen Ogawa play against a Ramlethal yet, let alone seeing much of Karinchou (that I'm aware of).

I could see all that being tough for Zato, especially considering Ogawa's style of play.
I do remember that set between him and Machabou though and how much Ogawa was struggling.

If you haven't seen, Kitajima and LOX ran a hell of a long set sometime ago:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/44068003
&#26481;&#20013;&#27954;&#12524;&#12452;&#12516;&#12540;&#65288;ZA)&#12288;&#23550;&#12288;LOX&#65288;RA&#65289; is the name of the first one, next ones above it.

You can clearly see Kitajima's results improve once he abandons the use of Eddie in neutral. It also really drives home just how frightening Ramlethal's screen control is. Insane stuff.

Dahbomb

holy shit i didn't even put together that it was nova force

right over my head.
They even had the trademark Nova insignias on their chests (the joined three circles).

Even the ship designs in the movie were modeled after the symbol on top of Nova's head.

Although I am pretty sure those Nova corps aren't going to be using the Centurion costumes that Richard Rider wears.

Horseress

They even had the trademark Nova insignias on their chests (the joined three circles).

Even the ship designs in the movie were modeled after the symbol on top of Nova's head.

Although I am pretty sure those Nova corps aren't going to be using the Centurion costumes that Richard Rider wears.

That was awesome as fuck, I agree with the costumes being lame tho

I-hate-u

I think there is a good chance he might show up in the sequel.

Top Bottom