• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 30 - July 6 | Judge, Juri & EGsecutioner

Jazz-ism

Banned
semi-realistically happen.

Here's mine:

UMVC3: Justin "Marvelous" Wong
USF4: Anyone from USA winning it
KOFXIII: Tokido
KI: Justin "Killa" Wong
Injustice: 16 Bit (would be cool to see a GAFFer win EVO)
TTT2: Bronson or anyone from USA winning it
BBCP: Anyone from USA winning it

lipton-tea-city-of-animals-commercial.jpg

Daigo said:
Yes. I began to look around for characters with high firepower and landed on Evil Ryu. At first, I didn't pay much attention to his strength and selected him. However, once I began to use Evil Ryu, I began to ask myself, "What have I been doing this entire time?"

^ Daigo gets consumed by the darkness.

Ha, looks like some Japanese Skullgirls players got tired of waiting for the arcade release and rigged their own setup:

V12ACfZ.jpg

Edit: ustream link also has some unfinished Eliza play for those like me whose PC can't run the SG Beta. 1st video, about 32:00 in.

lol, that's epic

I assume they set it up on a time basis?

Laconic

Banned
Links 101:

1) Set dummy to auto-guard (1-hit guard in KOF)
2) attempt the link
3) if the 2nd move didn't come out, button was too early
4) if the 2nd move came out but didn't combo, button was too late

That also applies to SF4, lol. But of course you know this. ;) Speaking of which, are you going to be representing your old suffix in SF4 this year?

If Chris G wins Marvel and no Americans make top 8 in Ultra I'm good.

What are the pool situations? Are they 3/5 the whole way for Marvel and 3/5 through top 8 for Ultra?

CurlyW

I would assume its 3/5 for Marvel all the way through since they did the controversial switch from 2/3 to 3/5 after the 8am pools ended last year.

BadWolf

That KOF Challenge tournament from Mexico yesterday was so good.

Amazing Clark play in the grand final from ET, left me speechless. Never thought I would see someone using him control a high level King like that.

Beats

IIRC, the company doing the arcade port went under. Skullgirls curse lives on.

It was the publisher of the port that dissolved in December. I'm pretty sure the developers are still around since the arcade port was at the Japanese Amusement Expo in February. It doesn't seem like there has been news about it since then though.

jbug617

Banned
Art got blown up in regards of seeking to donations to help with getting a new laptop. Couldn't happen at a bad time for him with EVO coming up and you have a lot the community looking for help.

Astarte

Ha, looks like some Japanese Skullgirls players got tired of waiting for the arcade release and rigged their own setup:

V12ACfZ.jpg

Edit: ustream link also has some unfinished Eliza play for those like me whose PC can't run the SG Beta. 1st video, about 32:00 in.

Wow, asian Skullgirls players are pretty dedicated. I remember having a chat with several korean Skullgirls players, they play some pretty serious sets.

Gamer "I prefer Handsome" Bee

i mean it's all relative.

Art asking for laptop money is a little iffy, but given he provides lots of content and helps with streaming at a lot of events i think he has earned the right to at least put up a link. People can do what they want with their own money. don't hate the player, hate the game.

big difference over someone like F.champ though.

r/kappa is just some dude venting cause he saw the EMP donation drive and is trying to apply the same logic to everything else. Like Yohosie's hormone treatment or team PIE.

He's asking for donations to help him continue provide a service to the community.

yeah thats what i said.

Infinite

i mean it's all relative.

Art asking for laptop money is a little iffy, but given he provides lots of content and helps with streaming at a lot of events i think he has earned the right to at least put up a link. People can do what they want with their own money. don't hate the player, hate the game.

big difference over someone like F.champ though.

He's asking for donations to help him continue provide a service to the community.

Top Bottom