• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 30 - July 6 | Judge, Juri & EGsecutioner

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
For the longest time, I never ran ads on my Youtube channel. Not really out of principle or anything, but because I was too lazy to bother setting up the account.

But once you start sinking so much money into hobbyist equipment and so much time into running shit that's more work than your "real job," you definitely feel entitled to make a little scratch on that investment. Or breaking even, at the very least.

r/kappa being full of fuck-heads shouldn't be news to anyone.

Horseress

I'm finsishing reading the Japanese round table about USFIV, and that tier list.....Sim and Akuma are at the same tier?!?!?! What were they drinking?!

Kalamari

Agreed, r/kappa, or at least some of them, are dickheads who need to reexamine their lives if something as small as a donation drive for someone to get a new laptop sends them into an angry frenzy.

I see nothing wrong with running a donation drive, people can do whatever with their own money. But at some point, if you are repeatedly relying on donations to keep you afloat, you should really start to plan for contingencies such as equipment failure. Fans may not always be there to bail you out, especially if donation drives become more frequent.

Also, I think Daigo will win USF4 and Duckator will win Skullgirls (if he's even going). I don't know enough about other games to make predictions. I'll be cheering against EMP, American EG, ChrisG, and Fchamp.

Horseress

Agreed, r/kappa, or at least some of them, are dickheads who need to reexamine their lives if something as small as a donation drive for someone to get a new laptop sends them into an angry frenzy.

I see nothing wrong with running a donation drive, people can do whatever with their own money. But at some point, if you are repeatedly relying on donations to keep you afloat, you should really start to plan for contingencies such as equipment failure. Fans may not always be there to bail you out, especially if donation drives become more frequent.

100% agree. That's not Art's case tho

Also, I think Daigo will win USF4 and Duckator will win Skullgirls (if he's even going). I don't know enough about other games to make predictions. I'll be cheering against EMP, American EG, ChrisG, and Fchamp.

I think if you want an american to win sf4 EVO, you have to realistically assume it would be someone on the EG crew. ChrisG i think has been due an EVO championship for a while now.

The day people start ignoring r/kappa will be a joyous day.

it's a give and take. Lots of bad, but some good, and some hilarious!

notworksafe

I think if you want an american to win sf4 EVO, you have to realistically assume it would be someone on the EG crew. ChrisG i think has been due an EVO championship for a while now.
FTyyNLB.gif

Dahbomb

He probably means in Marvel because I can't imagine him having a realistic shot even getting top 8 for USF4.

Kadey have you written up the UMVC3 player preview for EVO already or do you need some material for it? I can write up something today and submit it.

Just got done watching King of Chinatown and wow. How the fuck is Triforce still in the scene? I literally had to mute the parts where he was trying to force Justin to bring him on stage and make sure he thanks him on camera.

You can clearly tell he's one of those narcissistic, delusional, brainwashing asshole "leaders" that's just gonna drag you down.

Granted, I just started following the FGC since just before EVO 2013 and maybe the editing put him a worse-off light than he really is but I can't help but wonder how EMP is still even around.

Also, what a bunch of fucking assholes talking shit to Daigo behind his back as soon as he got on the bus.

Sayad

Just got done watching King of Chinatown and wow. How the fuck is Triforce still in the scene? I literally had to mute the parts where he was trying to force Justin to bring him on stage and make sure he thanks him on camera.

You can clearly tell he's one of those narcissistic, delusional, brainwashing asshole "leaders" that's just gonna drag you down.

Granted, I just started following the FGC since just before EVO 2013 and maybe the editing put him a worse-off light than he really is but I can't help but wonder how EMP is still even around.

Also, what a bunch of fucking assholes talking shit to Daigo behind his back as soon as he got on the bus.
It didn't.

Dahbomb

I don't know Triforce personally so I refrain from making serious comments about him but from what I have seen and heard that video was a fair assessment of who Triforce is/was.

I too wonder how EMP is still around. I can only imagine that despite Triforce's faults he is an excellent salesman. He knows how to talk the talk where it matters because I have no idea how EMP is even semi functional right now.

kirblar

I don't know Triforce personally so I refrain from making serious comments about him but from what I have seen and heard that video was a fair assessment of who Triforce is/was.

I too wonder how EMP is still around. I can only imagine that despite Triforce's faults he is an excellent salesman. He knows how to talk the talk where it matters because I have no idea how EMP is even semi functional right now.
I don't think it is. People are just blindly loyal or suffering through the end of their time.

So Die basically saying he gets to choose the team or he's going to take his ball and go home? Is the spirit of competition not good enough anymore? I go to tournaments knowing I'm going to get bodied, but I still go because I enjoy the game and playing with others. I'm not a fan of his current attitude. It's too bad if he won't really be on the team as he's definitely their best player right now.

Rhapsody

Banned
I can't imagine there being any other NLBC team since those are the best reps.

Was there someone else that was considered or was it because of them might not be able to go?

kirblar

So Die basically saying he gets to choose the team or he's going to take his ball and go home? Is the spirit of competition not good enough anymore? I go to tournaments knowing I'm going to get bodied, but I still go because I enjoy the game and playing with others. I'm not a fan of his current attitude. It's too bad if he won't really be on the team as he's definitely their best player right now.
Reeks of "I quit before I was fired" given he's barely been there.

Dahbomb

This is straight up "if all my friends don't get to play then I won't play either!" middle school playground bull shit.

Although those 5 would be my top 5 pick as well.

Wait, Sanford isn't going to EVO. Isn't that the point of being part of a fighting game sponser? What about that money from VxG? ESGN? NLBC? His 9-5?

kirblar

Spooky just donated the rest of the money for Art's laptop ($800)
Spooky taking care of his lieutenant properly!

If Art ends up getting super-hardcore into streaming he totally needs to update his tag to something that fits in the Haunts/Spooky ghost-theme. :p

Wait, Sanford isn't going to EVO. Isn't that the point of being part of a fighting game sponser? What about that money from VxG? ESGN? NLBC? His 9-5?

Well, i guess it's easier to run a donation drive.

(I'm not talking about the Nycfurby situation of course, he's providing lot of content and he's streaming a lot.)

MrDaravon

Justin Wong
‏@JWonggg
@Di3mini0n but I think you shouldn't be on NLBC cause you don't really go

Shots fired

He's not really wrong though; Die was a staple but it's been quite a while since he was there on a regular basis. By the same token Justin shouldn't be on Team WNF either. Also I don't think Sanford is going to Evo anyway so I guess Die isn't on the team.

Sheroking

Rooting for Justin Wong in Marvel.

Rooting for every player from a continent not named Asia in Street Fighter (except Gamerbee, Xian and Infiltration).

Are you REALLY asking this question?

Also what money from ESGN? LMAO! Sanford went 0-2 at ESGN.

I don't like Sanford's attitude but don't question his passion/love of competition. I would have made a long term goal to make it to EVO every year. He is old enough to know about fiscal responsibility or goals to reach a dream. I refuse to think he is this parody of a stick throwing, barely scraping by, man-child. That or I am giving too much credit to people in the FGC.

Kevin saying that all of a sudden is too much of a coincidence with Art raising money for his laptop, is emp that salty they can't raise money? Either way, I agree with Justin, even before the France trip Kevin was barley showing up at nblc so I don't think he should be on the team.

Shouta

Really awesome of spooky to do that.

It also benefits him as well as Art does a lot of sub-streaming under his banner and helps out with events when spooky can't to help with the coverage. .

Top Bottom