• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 30 - July 6 | Judge, Juri & EGsecutioner

Dahbomb

Hey Dahbomb, how many Wolverines were in Top 8 at Curley West? How many Zeroes?
I think 1 Zero (Sora Hitbox) to 3 Wolverines (PRRog, ATXD2J, Angelic). Although Wolverine didn't win it but Zero won Curley Mustache South.

Most of the top Zero players like Cloud weren't even present at these events though.

jbug617

Banned
EVO sponsors are up via D1

Br4tLaCCYAAU8F6.png

Most interesting is SNK and Nintendo. Hopefully they have some kind of announcement planned.

thehadou

Neo Member
Art is one of a few people where crowd-funding should be an welcomed option. He provides tons of at-his-expense content for minimal reward, routinely assists in the content production of TeamSp00ky and others, and is actually a pretty solid human being (based on my limited interactions).

People need to remember that donation drives that net a return in content is exactly what non-health-coverage donation drives were invented for.

Coda

Would love a new Samurai Shodown. MotW 2 would be amazing as well. Therefore I expect neither.

A 2D/3D Samurai Shodown would be amazing. If I had to have any blade fighting game back through I'd be Square-Enix's Bushido Blade. That shit would be off the chain.

BadWolf

SNK being on is definitely a surprise.

Finding it difficult not to get hyped up for a possible game reveal.

ArcadeShock usually don't run their mouths for nothing and iirc one of them does, or used to at least, have contacts at SNK (he used to reveal stuff back in the Neo-Geo days).

I think 1 Zero (Sora Hitbox) to 3 Wolverines (PRRog, ATXD2J, Angelic). Although Wolverine didn't win it but Zero won Curley Mustache South.

Most of the top Zero players like Cloud weren't even present at these events though.

The answer is no Zeroes cause he isn't as good of a point as Wolverube who had 3.

The answer is no Zeroes cause he isn't as good of a point as Wolverube who had 3.

Lol

Also, who are the best chances for new characters in top 8 that haven't made top 8 before for sf4

I think

Rose- Louffy
Ken + juri- Momochi
Sagat- bonchan+ Ryan hart (sagat hasn't made top 8 during sf4 at evo had he?
Outside chance is Dudley- smug

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Capcom Fighters streaming USFIV finals would indeed be the shittiest thing ever. Im fine with pools being on a dedicated stream though, probably should be that way.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yeah, one would hope that Evo would be big enough for Capcom to let them handle their own product or at least partner with them.

jbug617

Banned
Capcom Fighters streaming USFIV finals would indeed be the shittiest thing ever. Im fine with pools being on a dedicated stream though, probably should be that way.

They are only doing pools. Once pools are done it moves to the main EVO stream.

Dahbomb

Nice troll.

http://shoryuken.com/2014/06/07/curleh-mustache-south-streaming-live-from-san-antonio-texas/

2 Zeros in top 8, no Wolverines in top 8, Zero goes on to win the tournament and hence is the best character in the game as well as the best point. Hulk a better point character than Magneto because there were more Hulks than Magneto in that top 8 (according to your garbage logic).

I am going to sponsor a tournament where I only invite all the Norcal Magneto/Doom players then declare Magneto as best point in the game because Mags had highest top 8 percentage.

The real answer is that character selection is region specific but that is skewered when some top players travel a lot. The fact that Justin and PRRog attend many tournaments Skewers Wolverines stats dramatically as compared to Zero stats because Zero players don't travel as much. However certain regions are skewered towards Zero, most East Coast and Texas tourneys have Zeros outnumbering Wolverines in top 8 all year long.

If everyone played Spencer and the top 8s were crowded with Spencer then that would not make Spencer the best character in the game. Hell if Apologyman did not play Firebrand no one would be talking about FB at all. In fact, if ChrisG didn't play Morrigan no one would place her as a top 5 character. You have to separate player skill and character preferences from character strength.

Akuma getting many wins due to Justin's skill does not make him a better support than Dante.

CPS2

Wait, so is it true or not? My mind was blown.
Definitely not true. Try out like 3 or 4 different links and watch where the light is on each one, when you press the 2nd button. If it does happen to be at the end of the lifebar its a pure coincidence.

Capcom Fighters streaming USF4 means it won't be on the main stage until finals day right? I assume other games will get the main stage for their top 8 or so while Capcom Fighters continue to do so on a smaller stream. It's great for people watching at home, it's just too bad if that's the case because some of the hype will be lost because you can't really get a huge crowd of people to watch USF4 semi's since it probably won't have the space for it.

Capcom Fighters streaming USF4 means it won't be on the main stage until finals day right? I assume other games will get the main stage for their top 8 or so while Capcom Fighters continue to do so on a smaller stream. It's great for people watching at home, it's just too bad if that's the case because some of the hype will be lost because you can't really get a huge crowd of people to watch USF4 semi's since it probably won't have the space for it.

They aren't gonna top 32 (or 64, or whatever it is) to top 8 on the main stage on Friday night? Those are the most hype matches most of the time.

Top Bottom