• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Mar 16-22 | Mo Money, Momochi

Now here is something interesting I saw on Gamewatch today.

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/interview/20150316_692868.html
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20150316_692894.html

From what I can tell, there is going to be a stage play based on "Tokyo Head" a book about the Virtua Fighter community in the 90's.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tokyo-Head-Virtua-Fighter-fan-history-book-/271507065145

I totally forgot this book existed. I think I remember hearing about it when I was in high school.

I will run this by another board and see if I am right about this. I will update if there is anything else to add. Please correct me if I am wrong and I will edit the post to reflect that.

xCobalt

Kbrad may be a fraud in Ultra right now, but he seems like such a cool, hilarious person to hang out with.

He's definitely entertaining but unfortunately, having a personality isn't enough for EG. Floe was in a pretty similar situation and was dropped for not being a strong enough player.

GreenScar

He's definitely entertaining but unfortunately, having a personality isn't enough for EG. Floe was in a pretty similar situation and was dropped for not being a strong enough player.

It was less his performance and more that he basically stopped going to tournaments.

CATMYZwU8AAD0Sp.png

No lies detected

Anne

What was that Elphelt's name? :v

Edit: I turned it on. If it's LostSoul, that dude is a Brooklyn player who doesn't perform very well at TSB and other locals.

man played some more exvs today. terrible at landing multiple shots. still trying to learn f91 and the char dude from gundam x. not sure if he's offensive or zoning

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";156383479]Well guys, my HRAP3 is finally getting to it's last legs :-(

It's been fun good buddy.[/QUOTE]

Time to make the jump to ps4!

CurlyW

I believe Floe would've stayed on EG if he'd kept streaming and/or kept attending tournaments. However, he had gone several months without streaming (like at least half a year) before he was finally dropped.

EG doesn't care about results from their players as much as you think, but those that can't get the results need to make up for it by being personalities, which is something K-Brad is doing.

I totally thought floe was gonna be the next big game streamer. Everybody seemed to love his boshy stuff. Even the game designers were promoting him, he got a stage at evo to himself etc. Seemed like the opportunity was there.

If anything, that would have made him the best catch for EG rather than the random fgc guys.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";156386926]I totally thought floe was gonna be the next big game streamer. Everybody seemed to love his boshy stuff. Even the game designers were promoting him, he got a stage at evo to himself etc. Seemed like the opportunity was there.

If anything, that would have made him the best catch for EG rather than the random fgc guys.[/QUOTE]

He let it die on his own though

yeah Floe could have been a huge streamer. He didn't seem to care - made no effort to keep it going.

Ultrachen said Xiao Hai and Dakou are also going to Final Round!

yeah Floe could have been a huge streamer. He didn't seem to care - made no effort to keep it going.

Ultrachen said Xiao Hai and Dakou are also going to Final Round!

WAT? As much as I love FR being like a mini EVO, don't these guys think it's better to not attend the one that every other top player is going to. If the main goal is to win a premier event I think NCR or Hypespotting would be a better bet because

A) Which ever one you attend, you won't have to worry about top Americans or Europeans attending the other

B) A lot of these top Asians might not be able to attend either NCR or Hypespotting which is just 2 weeks after FR

But oh well, everybody is coming so I'll get hype to watch it. And be a little bitter that I can't go in person.

Is this an accurate marvel player list for final round? Anyone notable I'm missing?

chrisg
justin wong
filipino champ
flocker
apologyman
cloud805
pr balrog
yipes
rayray
flux
neo
kbrad

CurlyW

yeah floe seems like he is well off on his own lol

This is actually very true. Floe doesn't need the EG money and never did.

Is this an accurate marvel player list for final round? Anyone notable I'm missing?

chrisg
justin wong
filipino champ
flocker
apologyman
cloud805
pr balrog
yipes
rayray
flux
neo
kbrad

Jan & the Texas players?
Sumbrwnkid & the Georgia players?
Full Schedule & the non-Flocker Florida players?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I wouldn't mind doing it but.. it'll be so poverty

I can't photoshop brehs

Be sure to mention Daigoku training to overcome vegeta, I mean Momochi.

ibwRC7YAK2zDNj.gif

Also, what the hell final round. You said the pools would be released today. We would be able to confirm which players are attending SF4 besides all the ones we know of.

So far
Daigo
Momochi
Infiltration
Kazunoko
Bonchan
Fuudo
Tokido
Mago
Gamerbee
Kitasenju DJ
Dakou
Xiaohai
Xian
Itabashi Zangief
Lingo

But it's 2/3
jbxDLj8qgjnnyA.png

Tizoc

Now here is something interesting I saw on Gamewatch today.

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/interview/20150316_692868.html
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20150316_692894.html

From what I can tell, there is going to be a stage play based on "Tokyo Head" a book about the Virtua Fighter community in the 90's.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tokyo-Head-Virtua-Fighter-fan-history-book-/271507065145

I totally forgot this book existed. I think I remember hearing about it when I was in high school.

I will run this by another board and see if I am right about this. I will update if there is anything else to add. Please correct me if I am wrong and I will edit the post to reflect that.
Oh wow, $60ish sounds steep but I do hope that documentary gets translated =X

Top Bottom