• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 20-26 | MRN died so Guilty Gear could live!

People keep declining player matches in Injustice :( I blame this on them showing your w/l record.

They're mad they can't quit and give you a loss anymore.

My favorite was when I chose the blind-pick option on character select and the other person immediately quit.

Oh, there's also the time I was challenger on king of the hill, clicked to pick a stage, and the king raged on his mic because I'm "supposed to let the king pick the stage."

I guess it's hard to pick a favorite dumb Injustice xbox live moment.

rocK`

Banned
Ive played injustice for two hours now. I cant seem to hit combos for shit, the timing and my brain arent making the connections.

For reference, i can do kara palms and genei jin strings with little issue.

What I love about UFGT is that by the time the mystery tourneys are over, I'm always like "Chances are nothing that purely FUN will happen on the main stage."

And then it gets topped. It's remarkable how consistently fun it is, watching that weekend go down.

What I love about UFGT is that by the time the mystery tourneys are over, I'm always like "Chances are nothing that purely FUN will happen on the main stage."

And then it gets topped. It's remarkable how consistently fun it is, watching that weekend go down.

Seriously, UFGT is one of the best majors to stream no doubt.

Pre game show was great last year, as was the mystery tournament.

And oh hey, there's fighting games there too!

Horseress

Yeah, and last year's "Thursday game show" was awesome as well! Divekick's worldwide premiere!
And this year should be amazing as well

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
People keep declining player matches in Injustice :( I blame this on them showing your w/l record.

Yeah. When I first got the game I played player matches after playing ranked for a few days and I won like 45 straight and nobody would play me anymore. Then I understood the logic behind making it so you can't back out of ranked once you're matched up. Player match is just for people who want to play people who aren't better than them. Or, that seems to be the only kind of people who play that mode.

You'd think they would just not show w/l records like that but I guess that would be too obvious.

N4Us

BK-TF_bCUAAo9kz.jpg

http://www.southtownarcade.com/archives/805

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ive played injustice for two hours now. I cant seem to hit combos for shit, the timing and my brain arent making the connections.

This is me right now.

I don't know what it is, or if I'm just used to Marvel's noobified inputs now but I'm dropping everything and getting scrubbed out pretty often.

Also, Panda are you on 360 or PS3 for Injustice?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Injustice combos are easy. The command buffer system takes some getting used to if you're not used to it from MK though.

'course the online isn't the best either.

Xevren

Injustice combos are easy. The command buffer system takes some getting used to if you're not used to it from MK though.

I honestly dunno how you all can play the game online. I fucking love the shit out of it, but it just feels like butt online. 4 bars is great...but that's a rarity.

This is me right now.

I don't know what it is, or if I'm just used to Marvel's noobified inputs now but I'm dropping everything and getting scrubbed out pretty often.

One thing I've been telling some people that seems to help is to think of them more like 3D game strings rather than 2D ones because of how the juggle state and buffer system works.

Though as said before, if the trouble you're having is online then it'll be rough. You've got to do them earlier and commit because of the lag.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
This is me right now.

Also, Panda are you on 360 or PS3 for Injustice?

PS3.

Yeah combos are weird in the game. Mash your strings out and it all just comes out eventually. Like it took my a day to realize I wasn't comboing off of jump in attacks at all. Like with Nightwing, if I hit with his j2 I have to bang out the next part in the air right after I hit. As opposed to, ok it looks like I hit the guy I'm going to continue this combo after I land, you hit them, bang out the combo midair and sort of all of the sudden appear on the ground and it actually combos.

I hate it because his j2 looks like it staggers for days but you actually don't have that much time to combo off it. The combos are easy but they're weird.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
PS3.

Yeah combos are weird in the game. Mash your strings out and it all just comes out eventually. Like it took my a day to realize I wasn't comboing off of jump in attacks at all. Like with Nightwing, if I hit with his j2 I have to bang out the next part in the air right after I hit. As opposed to, ok it looks like I hit the guy I'm going to continue this combo after I land, you hit them, bang out the combo midair and sort of all of the sudden appear on the ground and it actually combos.

I hate it because his j2 looks like it staggers for days but you actually don't have that much time to combo off it. The combos are easy but they're weird.
This is exactly why I hate it and where I realized it too. It's like you have to mash it out as fast as possible, but then some other combos you have to hit with a rhythm and with timing between the inputs (see Flash' strings).

I guess the solution is mash more and that's what I need to do.

one_kill

I just started playing the game too and the timing is hard to get. Fast inputs with slow gradual ones is annoying as fuck. I hope I'll get used to it, otherwise I'll be returning it and getting Luigi's Mansion 2 instead.

Marvel 4ever!

PS3.

The thing that's thrown me off the most is that I have a habit of double-tapping special moves, and in Injustice if you double-tap you are no longer able to meter burn the move afterwards.

The CEO of twitch.tv is doing a Reddit AMA. Honzo decided to ask him, "Why do you hate the fgc?" His response lies here. Shear answers the question initially, and the rest of the FGC part of the AMA is kinda pointless.

Emmett Shear said:
What are you talking about? We partner all the biggest FGC streams, we promote FGC content...
Oh, you mean why do we dislike sexism and racism and general douchebaggery? Because we're reasonable, nice people. We love fighting games though. Most recent tourney in the office was King of Fighters.

honzogonzo said:
Are you suggesting sexism, racism and general douchebaggery is primarily a fgc driven thing? Check your e-privilege
...too bad it took me forever to figure out how to even navigate through those comments. The reddit format sucks.

sephi22

I actually see Emmett's point of view and respect it.
I'm trying to find something in his response that I disagree with, but I can't.

If I were running a streaming site, I wouldn't let 80% of the FGC streams represent my site. Even the big ones get risky after hours.

Don't get me wrong. I love the FGC and I don't even want to see it censored, but as a CEO of a company, his response was 100% justified.

rocK`

Banned

It's like I need to input buttons in a string before the last move is done, it's so weird.

Also, I can't do EWGF for the life of me, I feel like it's for the same reason.

Pretty sure he didn't even make top 8. Aside from EVO, Shadowloo Showdown probably has the highest level of competition for SF4.

Yes Mike Ross didn't make top 8 of SS (Nor did Justin in 2012).

1. Poongko (Seth)
2. Momochi (Yun, Ken, Cody)
3. eLive|RF (Sagat)
4. MCZ|Tokido (Akuma)
5. Uryo (Sakura)
5. TTC|GamerBee (Adon)
7. Kindevu (Yun)
7. Xian (Yun)
9. coL.cc|Mike Ross (E. Honda)
9. MOV (Ken)
9. ToXY (Akuma)
9. Hatani (Makoto)
13. MCZ|Mago (Fei Long)
13. HumanBomb (Yang)
13. Itabashi Zangief (Zangief)
13. Makoto (Vega)

Now that is a fucking major.

If I were running a streaming site, I wouldn't let 80% of the FGC streams represent my site. Even the big ones get risky after hours.

Don't get me wrong. I love the FGC and I don't even want to see it censored, but as a CEO of a company, his response was 100% justified.

I have zero respect for his response. Ignorant hate speech is discussed a lot with FGC people. Plenty of people who responded to Emmett's response could go on and on about the terrible shit that gets said or shown on eSports streams. But it's the FGC that's doesn't care?

Really unbelievable.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yeah fuck that guy.

It's Honzo. So it was probably a troll question.

Grecco

theres shitty people/controversies/streams in esports too its just esports generates way more revenue.

Horseress

Yes Mike Ross didn't make top 8 of SS (Nor did Justin in 2012).

1. Poongko (Seth)
2. Momochi (Yun, Ken, Cody)
3. eLive|RF (Sagat)
4. MCZ|Tokido (Akuma)
5. Uryo (Sakura)
5. TTC|GamerBee (Adon)
7. Kindevu (Yun)
7. Xian (Yun)
9. coL.cc|Mike Ross (E. Honda)
9. MOV (Ken)
9. ToXY (Akuma)
9. Hatani (Makoto)