• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 25-31 | Marvel vs. Comcast

finally got back from combo breakers. pretty salty I went 2-2 in sf4. shouldve won more but choked against a gief player. Saw shackzam who was in my pools as well as chaotix. Chaotix may have a better elena than cb
lol, idk
. Got a ps4 stick on friday, so thanks for bringing those markman. too bad I wasnt able to talk to you at all since you seemed busy. Our room had jibrill, kyle p, frankie g, and kiefer over for some marvel matches on sunday night which was nice. Overall nice experience again.

Friend almost made it out of his sf4 and uniel. he was the ibuki that lost to du and lost to art and nerdjosh in uniel.

CurlyW

finally got back from combo breakers. pretty salty I went 2-2 in sf4. shouldve won more but choked against a gief player. Saw shackzam who was in my pools as well as chaotix. Chaotix may have a better elena than cb
lol, idk
. Got a ps4 stick on friday, so thanks for bringing those markman. too bad I wasnt able to talk to you at all since you seemed busy. Our room had jibrill, kyle p, frankie g, and kiefer over for some marvel matches on sunday night which was nice. Overall nice experience again.

Friend almost made it out of his sf4 and uniel. he was the ibuki that lost to du and lost to art and nerdjosh in uniel.

That chaotix pool was tough, iirc. Whole bunch of good players in that one.

PKSvGO4.gif

need more pc anime games for tourneys!
Ugh, cowboy bebop? gross
Jax is awesome brehs

He's hella fun, don't know if I wanna use him or keep using Raiden.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
PKSvGO4.gif

need more pc anime games for tourneys!

this gif could get some use and feud a war and yeah karst, thanks for the explanation. its heartbreaking to see people go through this and should definitely get the help they deserve to overcome whatever it is they're going through.

petghost

Banned
I wanna learn a bit about tekken before 7 drops. where should I go for info? Right now I'm just sitting in training mode working on movement/ trying to do ewgfs.

Dahbomb

I don't think I'll ever have the chops to play mishimas but it's something hard so I wanna see it works.

Thanks oneida Imma check that out.
I feel like it would be better to learn about throws, wake up options, low parry and movement rather than learning about EWGF.

It's like learning SF and starting by trying to do some difficult 1 frame combo for a few characters.

Thores

So I need GAF help. How you'd rank the newcomers (Personal taste or popularity base). If I had to, I would say:

Juri
Decapre
Poison
Viper
Abel
Gouken
Oni
Seth
Hakan
Fuerte
Rufus

What about you?

Characters I Want to Return
Hakan
Juri
El Fuerte
Poison

Characters I Wouldn't Mind
Gouken
Seth
Rufus
Abel
Viper

Please Don't Come Back
Decapre
Oni

If we're going by who I think is likely to return instead of just personal taste, I feel like we're going to see Juri, Viper, and Abel again. Maybe Poison but definitely not at launch. Beyond that it's really hard to say.

http://a.pomf.se/thkjml.webm
Just a little something I was messing around with in tvc. Its been a while since I got some good time with the game but now that my schedule has been freed up I'll be able to play it more. Still need to switch some settings around in dolphin cause there is some slowdown during the supers but besides that it runs pretty good.

shaowebb

http://a.pomf.se/thkjml.webm
Just a little something I was messing around with in tvc. Its been a while since I got some good time with the game but now that my schedule has been freed up I'll be able to play it more. Still need to switch some settings around in dolphin cause there is some slowdown during the supers but besides that it runs pretty good.

Awwwwwwwww yes. Batsu Baroque combos. I honestly don't know why he wasn't in MVC3. That moveset was made for Marvel. Such a great character to pair with just about everyone.

Just for that here's some recent high level play

6XqMKCM.jpg

Phampy vs Kbeast First to 10
More Kbeast vs Phampy
TvC Reunion night pt 1
TvC Reunion night pt2

this is random, but the word "toxic" to describe a community has to be the most overused, worthless word ever

you guys are toxic

Kappa

I actually sympathize with Claww. That's my big problem with Xrd. The game's neutral variance is high and requires very specific responses in all situations in regards to confirms.

Like Marvel, it's a game that has to be grinded for tons of hours routinely to know what to do in scramble situations and that's what's holding me back, I just don't think I have the time/dedication atm to gain that kind of experience.

Yeeeeeep.

I grinded KOF because I was very, very interested in it and there is a lot of it that can be gleaned from SF, just in a faster fashion. But I'm not interested enough in Xrd to put in that kind of time.

(putting that time in MKX right now, boy this game is good)

Mr. X

ComboBreaker was fucking awesome.

Finally got to play a lot of different games offline, especially SG and VF. It was glorious.

So. No one plays Vampire around here?

I used to play casually, assuming you mean vampire savior. I can hit up fightcade but usually only at nighttime, so I can hook up my ethernet cable since I don't want my niece tripping over it during the day.

Dai101

Banned
I play a little but I'm whack. I know solarpowered plays a lot tho.

I used to play casually, assuming you mean vampire savior. I can hit up fightcade but usually only at nighttime, so I can hook up my ethernet cable since I don't want my niece tripping over it during the day.

COOL.

I need to figure out this FightCade thingamagig. Meanwhile i play (ocassionally, and at night mostly) on XBL, my GT is the same as my nickname (Dai101)

Kimosabae

Banned
Yeeeeeep.

I grinded KOF because I was very, very interested in it and there is a lot of it that can be gleaned from SF, just in a faster fashion. But I'm not interested enough in Xrd to put in that kind of time.

(putting that time in MKX right now, boy this game is good)

That's why I pressed you earlier about what you meant about the game being "too specific". I was thinking you might have been referring to something like this, but you gave me an angle I wasn't expecting.

predictions: MKX will have 4th most entrants
Xrd will have more than marvel
Persona will have less than 100
This is gonna be a weird year. I wonder what EVO's biggest side tournament record is because SG might actually crack 200 if Combo Breaker convinced people to check out the game and compete. Might have been even better if the stream would have stayed up. I can't remember the last time SG had an actual chance to get viewed by an audience of 12k+.
I play a little but I'm whack. I know solarpowered plays a lot tho.
I'm also gonna start playing a lot of Guilty Gear now that we'll finally have a somewhat competent PC port.

jerry1594

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";165180813]Rotanibor runs the Vampire tournaments at EVO and Axis is arguably top 8 in the US.[/QUOTE]
Bottom of the NA rung

COOL.

I need to figure out this FightCade thingamagig. Meanwhile i play (ocassionally, and at night mostly) on XBL, my GT is the same as my nickname (Dai101)

https://www.fightcade.com/

It's basically like GGPO if you ever set it up before. Just open up your ports and what not and that will help your connection. You have to google how to get the roms though, but it's really easy to find, then just drop them into your rom folder.

Mr. X

This is gonna be a weird year. I wonder what EVO's biggest side tournament record is because SG might actually crack 200 if Combo Breaker convinced people to check out the game and compete. Might have been even better if the stream would have stayed up. I can't remember the last time SG had an actual chance to get viewed by an audience of 12k+.

I'm also gonna start playing a lot of Guilty Gear now that we'll finally have a somewhat competent PC port.

We are having this convo on Skullheart right now. A lot of us picked Combo Breaker over EVO for that one big event to go for SG since TheHadou rolled out the carpet for us and UFGT was great to the game last year.

It's not worth going to EVO for SG alone and KickPunchBlock wants us at Summer Jam and super supportive. AfroDynamic of KPB was at Combo Breaker hanging with the sgc during. Really awesome person.

EVO will likely be WC SG and any travelers who play a main game and SG.

Spooky is going restream Top 8 for SG at ComboBreaker this Saturday at 8PM

Dai101

Banned
https://www.fightcade.com/

It's basically like GGPO if you ever set it up before. Just open up your ports and what not and that will help your connection. You have to google how to get the roms though, but it's really easy to find, then just drop them into your rom folder.

Yes. I got to run GGPO but since i changed my ISP to the current one i couldn't get it to work anymore. Apparently now i'm OK to use FC, now just need my arcade stick.

Thanks for the tip.

Top Bottom