• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 27 - June 2nd | Check Your E-Privilege

XenoRaven

I don't think it is that hard, doing things require a certain rhythm that you have to get down. Anyways, what are you having trouble with?
It's the rhythm. The only fighter I've ever really sat down and practiced was SFIV, and the feel of KOF is completely different. For example, I'm doing Mai's trials and I'm having trouble cancelling cr D into Super. I keep getting regular Shinobi-Bachi (I don't know if the KOF community has a shorter name for this).

Edit: I should note that while I'm not an execution wizard, I'm also not terrible and can super cancel with no problem in SFIV.

It's the rhythm. The only fighter I've ever really sat down and practiced was SFIV, and the feel of KOF is completely different. For example, I'm doing Mai's trials and I'm having trouble cancelling cr D into Super. I keep getting regular Shinobi-Bachi (I don't know if the KOF community has a shorter name for this).

Edit: I should note that while I'm not an execution wizard, I'm also not terrible and can super cancel with no problem in SFIV.

Trials are meant to be hard(so don't feel too bad), but have you tried holding the buttons?

XenoRaven

Trials are meant to be hard(so don't feel too bad), but have you tried holding the buttons?
What does holding the buttons do?

I'm thinking my problem is in one of two areas. Either I'm buffering super too early or my QCB motion on the left side of the screen is terrible (which is why I play charge characters in SFIV >_>). I'll keep practicing. I was just wondering if there was any weird stuff with buffering super in KOF or if it works just like any other game.

What does holding the buttons do?

I'm thinking my problem is in one of two areas. Either I'm buffering super too early or my QCB motion on the left side of the screen is terrible (which is why I play charge characters in SFIV >_>). I'll keep practicing. I was just wondering if there was any weird stuff with buffering super in KOF or if it works just like any other game.

Holding the button will repeat that input for a few frames, so you could do super inputs early and still have it come out. This should be the solution to your first problem. Juicebox explains it better here.

Try turning on input display in practice mode so you could see if your second problem is the culprit.

XenoRaven

Thanks for the tips guys. I really love watching KOF so it's about time I start actually learning the game. I played Iori and Mai all the time in CvS2, so they'll be the first ones I try to learn. Not sure who my third will be yet.

How does someone who hates charge characters end up maining one in both of the games he likes to play? I might as well pick up Bison in Street Fighter at this point...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I didn't know Flash was that much of a jackass.

Though it was amusing watching dude going on his phone and then (pretending?) to call someone to find out where he got Top 8. If I actually got Top 8 somewhere, I'd never forget even the first.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Jesus at the hate Keits is dealing with on twitter.

The MK community really seems to have a lot of people with a victim complex. They've gotten a lot of undue shit for years so I can kinda understand how it came to be, but that doesn't excuse the psycho ex-girlfriend shit. Voicing your displeasure in a rational way is cool, and I think the Injustice guys are sorta justified at not being 100% happy, but at the same time Keits deserves respect and the benefit of the doubt. Shit is sad.

I said this on Twitter too, but the fact that Keits is getting any sort of hate at all on the event that was A: ran smoothly B: on time C: had a perfect stream D: had plenty of prizes for everyone, even non-tournament winners IS COMPLETE BULLSHIT.

Not a good look, Chicago MKC. Keep your dumbass members in check because shit like this doesn't help you at all.

The Light

The MK community really seems to have a lot of people with a victim complex. They've gotten a lot of undue shit for years so I can kinda understand how it came to be, but that doesn't excuse the psycho ex-girlfriend shit. Voicing your displeasure in a rational way is cool, and I think the Injustice guys are sorta justified at not being 100% happy, but at the same time Keits deserves respect and the benefit of the doubt. Shit is sad.

I don't think they're justified at all in taking it this far. People are making it seem like he was out to screw the community over.

Adding on.: I see people bring up the amount of entrants as to why they deserve a prime time slot. In any other tournament this would be true, but for ufgt the mystery game tournament is the main attraction. Even Sf4 which had more entrants didn't get a prime time slot. Also people complain about Divekick, but it was sponsored so of course it was go to have priority which is why I assume KoF and P4a had better time slots also.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I don't think they're justified at all in taking it this far. People are making it seem like he was out to screw the community over.

Read again. I said they're justified at not being 100% happy. They're not justified at taking it this far. Not even close. Their reaction has been completely insane and it's a way bigger deal than the things I think they're justified at being not completely happy with.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Wait. People are getting upset that winners of a videogame tournament didn't get a plastic light up trophy?

Jerry-Seinfeld-No-Thanks-and-Leave.gif

The Light

Read again. I said they're justified at not being 100% happy. They're not justified at taking it this far. Not even close. Their reaction has been completely insane and it's a way bigger deal than the things I think they're justified at being not completely happy with.

Sorry I understood what you meant, but was just adding on to it. I should've made that more clear.

Top Bottom