• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 27 - June 2nd | Check Your E-Privilege

Holy shit, the MK community sounds like a bunch of whiny little shits.

https://twitter.com/KeitsSRK/status/339113267450478597
Wow lol
How does someone who hates charge characters end up maining one in both of the games he likes to play? I might as well pick up Bison in Street Fighter at this point...
It takes practice, but her charge times are the shortest of any charge character.

Also, I'll ask in here too. How was the online?

link to any of that?

On Dec 6th to around Dec 9th of last year starting here:

https://twitter.com/AGEFlash/status/276760109630238720

They go back and forth with Flash claiming top 8 this and that then Perfect Legend dropped this:

https://twitter.com/PerfectLegend/status/276802971541585921

Flash had to lock his twitter on Dec 6th but unlocked it after a few months so you can read all the tweets from Dec 6th onward to see Flash getting his ass handed to him by someone who achieved more than him.

Smash players are kids? Really? I wouldn't have guessed compared to the MK/Injustice players and AGE members after this past weekend.

The fuck you talking about regarding injustice players? They had legitimate complaints (though CDJr went about it the wrong way which is what I'm assuming you're basing your entire criticism on). The MK thing was obviously definitely overblown by those people since they didn't get high registrations and not getting the expensive trophy is reasonable. Injustice almost matched both AE and Marvel numbers and got like 4 consoles according to people there. 9:30 timeslot was also pretty whack seeing as they could have moved things around (like making divekick top 8 instead of top 16) to accommodate a more reasonable slot.

notworksafe

I think all the main games should have gotten a trophy. If the players have to pay the larger entry fee to have the privilege of entering a "main game" then they deserve a trophy.

Otherwise, just make them side tourneys. It's unfair to MK, VS, and Skullgirls winners to have to pay the extra amount and get nothing extra for it.

I think all the main games should have gotten a trophy. If the players have to pay the larger entry fee to have the privilege of entering a "main game" then they deserve a trophy.

Otherwise, just make them side tourneys. It's unfair to MK, VS, and Skullgirls winners to have to pay the extra amount and get nothing extra for it.
Most of those people were just happy to get top 8 streamed. We don't know nothing about wanting pretty rocks. *looks back and forth nervously*

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Oh boy CJ Truth's mom got a Twitter. When she starts reading all the dumb FGC shit that goes on there CJ's gonna get banned from fighting games until he's 18.

notworksafe

Most of those people were just happy to get top 8 streamed. We don't nothing about wanting pretty rocks. *looks back and forth nervously*
It's still unfair. If the low turnout isn't worth the time/money to make a trophy, then say "forget it" and let the community handle a side tourney themselves. How many trophies were given as raffle prizes again?

The fuck you talking about regarding injustice players? They had legitimate complaints (though CDJr went about it the wrong way which is what I'm assuming you're basing your entire criticism on). The MK thing was obviously definitely overblown by those people since they didn't get high registrations and not getting the expensive trophy is reasonable. Injustice almost matched both AE and Marvel numbers and got like 4 consoles according to people there. 9:30 timeslot was also pretty whack seeing as they could have moved things around (like making divekick top 8 instead of top 16) to accommodate a more reasonable slot.

Am I going to have to start including Kappa in half my posts again?

On Dec 6th to around Dec 9th of last year starting here:

https://twitter.com/AGEFlash/status/276760109630238720

They go back and forth with Flash claiming top 8 this and that then Perfect Legend dropped this:

https://twitter.com/PerfectLegend/status/276802971541585921

Flash had to lock his twitter on Dec 6th but unlocked it after a few months so you can read all the tweets from Dec 6th onward to see Flash getting his ass handed to him by someone who achieved more than him.

I don't get what's so hard hitting about that perfect legend tweet. what's the backstory behind the wallet?

I don't get what's so hard hitting about that perfect legend tweet. what's the backstory behind the wallet?

It's all there on the first link. Flash was calling people out but only could back his shit up by shouting top 8 here and there so Perfect Legend ask Flash how much he got paid for placing top 8 which is probably close to 0 to 100 dollars. Hence, the wallet tweet by Perfect Legend.

hypernima

Banned

So. Good.

Read this.

Then read this.

There are lots of posts inbetween you can read too.

This is kind of somewhat true.
Although there are many mature individuals in the FGC there are many more who aren't.
There's shit tons subtle racism, sexism (streams going out of control when a girl pops up, referring to some members as "traps" "faggots" etc)
Honzo is right in the fact that it is not primarily a FGC thing (I so bet it happens in LOL or SC circles), but it should not be tolerated just because it isn't

Wow lol

It takes practice, but her charge times are the shortest of any charge character.

Also, I'll ask in here too. How was the online?
It's actually even more difficult in Skullgirls because I hold back to block, and then want to dash forward, and get a charge move instead. D'oh.

And I'll answer your question in here again:
Skullgirls online felt like offline play except for our last few matches, where the screen jittered a bit. I didn't feel like I had any execution-based missteps due to lag, and going from an Evo monitor + offline play to a 52" TV + online play, that's a severe compliment to the netcode.

Keits should make make an alarm clock the trophy for MK9 next year.

After getting railroaded so easily into Evo I don't think the Injustice community has any right to complain about preferential treatment for the rest of the year.

Just sayin'

Dahbomb

DAT Daigo preparation

Still picking Phoenix I bet
Already made a post about it in UFGT.

Also he said that he is playing numerous teams in preparation for EVO. He says his bread n butter is the classic EVO winning team of Magneto/Dorm/Doom but said he will also practice these teams:

Dormammu/Morrigan/Doom
Dormammu/Morrigan/Phoenix
Magneto/Doom/Phoenix (he says he will only pick it against dumb characters like Wolverine)

It's still unfair. If the low turnout isn't worth the time/money to make a trophy, then say "forget it" and let the community handle a side tourney themselves. How many trophies were given as raffle prizes again?
I think the work these TOs do is pretty amazing, but UFGT just goes that extra mile. At ECT SG only got like 400 viewers on stream because no one knew when it would start, but UFGT gave us Saturday around 2PM EST and we got a cool 2.7k. The turnout was good, there was no drama about brackets and we got some good notification. Viewers like myself and many players couldn't ask for more.
It's actually even more difficult in Skullgirls because I hold back to block, and then want to dash forward, and get a charge move instead. D'oh.

And I'll answer your question in here again:
Skullgirls online felt like offline play except for our last few matches, where the screen jittered a bit. I didn't feel like I had any execution-based missteps due to lag, and going from an Evo monitor + offline play to a 52" TV + online play, that's a severe compliment to the netcode.
Cool

I just thought it'd be nice for people to hear that from someone besides me for a change. It's really the closest to offline I've ever played in any fighting game. Feels especially good for me since I use an Asus monitor as well. GGPO is the way to go. I feel this more than ever after experiencing Guilty Gear's horrific netcode yesterday. Me and my cousin live twenty minutes away from one another (walking distance!) and the online was worse than 200 ping GGPO. @_@

kick51

Banned
So. Good.

This is kind of somewhat true.
Although there are many mature individuals in the FGC there are many more who aren't.
There's shit tons subtle racism, sexism (streams going out of control when a girl pops up, referring to some members as "traps" "faggots" etc)
Honzo is right in the fact that it is not primarily a FGC thing (I so bet it happens in LOL or SC circles), but it should not be tolerated just because it isn't

Stream chat is something totally separate from the actual fighting game community though. Streamers do what they can to regulate, like by putting up sub-chat or banning people. When 13k are in the chat, they really can't catch anything but massive ascii or juri fanfic though and mods are there to watch as well, not to just sit there with their eyes on the chat the whole time.

The claims like the twitch guys and all the non-fgc people make about the scene are just irritating though. They talk about all this racism and sexism going down, then I say "what do you mean" and then they're like "oh, circling the wagons again, eh sexist racist guy?" It's impossible. If they know specific players doing this crap, bring it up specifically instead of throwing everyone under the bus.

The one thing I can think of since Cross Assault is ChrisG's tweet to mrwizard calling him a "faggot" and that did not go over well. Most people got the picture that he's a terrible sport and abrasive as hell. People only seem to heckle him harder after that, but what else can anyone really do? Is he supposed to be banned from tournaments now? That would open some ridiculous cans of worms. They tried the yellow card stuff a long time ago. It was just silly because it's not nearly as cohesive of a scene as people think. It's still very much just large individual gatherings of fans of fighting games.

You're damn right it happens in SC and LoL and every gaming scene. I'd wager they're worse. The pro players in those scenes are bound by contracts to not blurt out anything. Think about that--most of our guys are not. But I don't know anything specific, so that's just my paranoid speculation ;)

Dahbomb

Yeah I don't give a fuck about what FChamp says anymore. Promised us enough times he'd pick his shit and he still goes back to his Phoenix team against players and teams that are very prepared to fuck him up. He can't shake the pride.
He never said that he would never pick Phoenix again, he even states here he will still play Phoenix in certain match ups.

And training mode Champ is completely legit. He is totally going to be playing 12+ hours a day. I wouldn't put too much stock in the 99% figure for Dormammu but he is for sure playing that character more in training mode these days.

After getting railroaded so easily into Evo I don't think the Injustice community has any right to complain about preferential treatment for the rest of the year.

Just sayin'

It's unfortunate that you and others have to judge an entire community based on the actions and words of a few. UFGT was a great event and people on both sides are still just taking pot shots at each other. Is Fanatiq's behavior emblematic of the entire Marvel community? FChamp of AE? Would that be a fair assessment of those communities? A few whiny MK/Injustice players that don't understand how an event like UFGT is run don't speak for the rest of the players.

He never said that he would never pick Phoenix again, he even states here he will still play Phoenix in certain match ups.

And training mode Champ is completely legit. He is totally going to be playing 12+ hours a day. I wouldn't put too much stock in the 99% figure for Dormammu but he is for sure playing that character more in training mode these days.

He's playing him so much in training mode that by the time he plays an actual match at a major he's bored and chooses Phoenix instead.
Semi Kappa

Yeah I don't give a fuck about what FChamp says anymore. Promised us enough times he'd pick his shit and he still goes back to his Phoenix team against players and teams that are very prepared to fuck him up. He can't shake the pride.
Dormammu/Morrigan/Phoenix it is.

Dahbomb

I personally think FChamp should drop Magneto/Doom/Phoenix team completely, even against Wolverine teams. He should just go all in Dorm, even if its a bad match up. I think he can try playing Doom on point with Dorm in second against Wolverine, Doom does much better against Wolverine than Mag or Dorm. Technically on paper Magneto beats Wolverine but only a Magneto who makes little to no mistakes and is on point with his zoning and movement.

Horseress

For me, looks like FChamp doesn't really care that much about majors, he only cares about EVO, so I think he's serious now, he won't give away his greatest proud like that

kick51

Banned
Dormammu/Morrigan/Phoenix it is.

I don't care anyone says, that team worked! The characters totally did their jobs. His losses were mistakes that could happen in any match. Of course, we'll see how Chris adjusts now that he knows about it. It's not gonna be the typical free win he gets though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
FChamp needs to get in the right mindspace to combat Chris G.

Like I said during the tournament, his assistless Dormammu was doing most of the heavy lifting and he was flat out playing better than he has ever been since EVO. And it's not like Chris G was very worried about FChamp having extra meter/DP to play with either, Chris was largely playing the same game.

Dahbomb

All I know is that the salt at EVO is going to be ridiculous. Players like Champ and ChrisG have a shit ton invested in the game and a long history with it... either player losing would result in massive amounts of salt.

After CEO I will be making my annual analysis and prediction about the meta game for UMVC3 leading into EVO. I mean I have more than enough data already and could make one by tomorrow but CEO is still a pretty big event so I am thinking some big matches are in store. I wont really be using stats because I think most people know the stats already for the game (herp a derp Doom is the most used character with the most wins with the most effective/winning assist in the game, Vergil is #2 and the best anchor, Wolverine, Morrigan and Magneto are the next 3).

Horseress

All I know is that the salt at EVO is going to be ridiculous. Players like Champ and ChrisG have a shit ton invested in the game and a long history with it... either player losing would result in massive amounts of salt.

After CEO I will be making my annual analysis and prediction about the meta game for UMVC3 leading into EVO. I mean I have more than enough data already and could make one by tomorrow but CEO is still a pretty big event so I am thinking some big matches are in store.

And gives FChamp time to adjust his MorriDoom counter #Kappa

The MK community really seems to have a lot of people with a victim complex. They've gotten a lot of undue shit for years so I can kinda understand how it came to be, but that doesn't excuse the psycho ex-girlfriend shit. Voicing your displeasure in a rational way is cool, and I think the Injustice guys are sorta justified at not being 100% happy, but at the same time Keits deserves respect and the benefit of the doubt. Shit is sad.

You can't have high expectations for the dudes who started the Evo donation conspiracy crap.

Top Bottom