• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 9 PS4 announced

BasilZero

Best (or 2nd best) FF gets a release on PS4 :)!

Not sure if I'll get this version, maybe later - I only finished the PC ver few months ago.

Touchpad icon overlapping speech text:

FFIXps4Touchpad.jpg

cheeks-_-

It ain't pretty, that's for sure.
I played through the PS1 version on Vita about 18months ago and it wasn't too bad, but this is all a bit of a mess. Nice character models and CG, mixed with blur-tastic backgrounds and when the game has CG moving backgrounds it all goes through the shredder and looks like a Sega CD fmv scene.

Ah well, it's still FF9. I ain't got a time machine and Squeenix aren't gonna remaster it. I'll make do.

Is this version going to have the stuff like fast forward and no random battles like the mobile version? Those are pretty crucial if I'm going to replay the game for like the 5th time.

RPGam3r

Sad to see the skip the best FF, and go with one of the worst in the series. Not that it's bad, but I rank this right near the bottom next to II and IV.

Can you play in English on the Japanese version and vice versa?

From my iOS version, I can select the language of the title screen. Can't speak for the console version tho but it seems like a direct port so it should do the same.

Edit: I only see French, Italian, Spanish, and English (UK). Hmm, idk why Japanese isn't an option but ok.

demu

I really want to platinum this game, but 1000 jump ropes are impossible for me. Fuck that. My best is 42 right now. I can see myself getting to 100, but 1000 is ridiculous.

Vashetti

Banned
Is there a good guide/walkthrough for all the missable stuff and in what 'order' to do it all?

Would rather get all trophies in one playthrough if possible.

Yes, incredible news i will get it right away, by the way HOLY SHIT those trophies are hard and really long, Excalibur II, jump the rope 1000 times, etc that is mind breaking.

Garlador

Guys just wait FF VIII will get its time. FF IX has (I'm assuming) a bigger fanbase so maybe that's why they brought it first?

Even with FFIX as my favorite, I'm still fairly sure FF8 sold a lot better and Squall's popped up in a lot more spin-offs and crossovers over the FF9 cast.

I think VIII will get it's due, but I'm not unhappy IX got re-released first.

sotojuan

Just started it. Disappointed that the menus/look is the same as the iOS version (big button menus) but I can finally play FFIX without the slowness of the PSOne version. Definitely playing this after work today.

Really dislike that the FMV's are sped up when you have fast mode turned on. Was hoping it would switch off for those :/. Also makes the dialogue that automatically plays a bugger to keep up with lol

Widge

Speed up also makes the festival hunt and chocobo hot & cold really easy. The timer goes the same speed even though you don't. If you want to be pure in your playthrough, make sure you disable at these points.

Caveat - it was like this on iPhone when I played it last.

PixelatedBookake

Even with FFIX as my favorite, I'm still fairly sure FF8 sold a lot better and Squall's popped up in a lot more spin-offs and crossovers over the FF9 cast.

I think VIII will get it's due, but I'm not unhappy IX got re-released first.

You have a point. At least FF8 gets representation in Kingdom Hearts unlike FF9. Vivi shows to get brainwashed in a flashback and barely has any lines. At least Squall and Selphie get to talk to the main characters...

Junahu

Is there a good guide/walkthrough for all the missable stuff and in what 'order' to do it all?

Would rather get all trophies in one playthrough if possible.
I don't think you'll have a good time trying for everything in the same playthrough. One of the missables involves speedrunning the entire game.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm assuming this is like the FFVII re-released in that it's much the same as the PC/Steam version? The only reason I would consider buying it is if it had any noteworthy improvements over it. Otherwise, I'm really happy to own a large chunk of the FF games on Steam now (keep them coming, Square)

Also, for the people frustrated with the jumprope trophy it's easy to cheat it on PC using macros. Obviously not gonna suit everyone, but for me I was happy to deal with it that way since I'm getting old and don't have time for that shit, lol. 100, 200, 300... doable. 1000? c'mon. So, that is one reason you may want to go PC.

Top Bottom