• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG-Duo

I almost got a heart attack reading about your fake Noctis. Glad you didn't reroll over it.

But yeah basically for a character that can be brought from a 3 star to 6 star, for instance, you need to:

1.) Level them to their maximum level - you can get Unit Experience more efficiently in Vortex Chamber of Experience, or Enhancing the unit with metal cactaurs, or grinding an exploration dungeon
2.) Awaken them - requires materials. You can get materials more efficiently in Vortex Chamber of Awakening
3.) This takes you back to level 1. Repeat.

The game has events that give cactaurs and materials to help you with this.

mAcOdIn

You guys are great.. thanks for all the help and advice. What a roller coaster of emotions haha

SO now finally time to play the game. I think I understand most of the basics. I did notice that there isn't any gear dropping.. Should I be regularly buying and crafting gear for my 5 guys?

I also don't really understand enhancing and awakening yet. I'm assuming enhancing is just leveling/passing on skills and awakening is bumping up to the next star rank? Is there anything I should be careful about when doing those? Don't want to mess up Noctis.

I'd also like to add some of you as friends on here, even though I'm a lowly level 1. My ID is 576.267.377
Enhancing is leveling up which grants new skills depending on the level you reach, not anything silly like what unit you fuse into your unit, and Awakening is, eh, like reincarnating them to a higher tier. When you awaken a unit it goes back to lvl one but any skills it had unlocked prior are still unlocked.

Only thing some people would say is to fully raise your Limit Burst level before fully awakening a unit, because it takes less time to do so, but unless the unit's one you can do without being high level and not a team staple heavy hitter I wouldn't bother. Like with Noctis, yeah his LB is insanely strong but how often are you going to use it and in all honesty having him at his 6 star level and max level is way more beneficial to your team than working on upping his Limit Break.

Make sure you lock your Noctis so you don't accidentally sell or fuse him!

This is a good beginner's guide: https://exviuswiki.com/Beginner's_guide
Here's Noctis's page https://exviuswiki.com/Noctis
Shows you all the relevant stuff.

Noctis is flexible so you can build him whatever way you need since he can equip most weapons but I think most people settle on focusing on attack which means equipment that also increases attack.

So you'd keep an eye out on this page and go for the stuff that increases defense AND attack: https://exviuswiki.com/Category:Armors Note, most weapons and equipment is found in chests in exploration levels and towns not as drops from enemies.

Magic Keys used to open silver chests will be extremely rare for you starting out so use them sparingly(they have to be set on your item screen to use them).
You can see the silver chests and their locations here: https://exviuswiki.com/Silver_Chests
For Noctis you definitely want to use magic keys to unlock the Tiger Mask and the recipe for ATK +10%.

This quest list also has a priority field to the right which is pretty accurate: https://exviuswiki.com/Quest_List
For Noctis again, aim for the Tiger Mask and also the Blackbelt Gi.

If you only have one attacker(Noctis) for awhile you can save the magic key and not get the one Tiger Mask in the silver chest until you get more keys if you want.

Weapon wise you'll just be equipping the one with the highest attack until you can start doing events or using Trust Master Rewards to really eek out the most of your unit.

Muku

Btw guys, I'm flying to Vietnam later for a week.

Not sure if internet is stable there, so just in case I can't log in (I really hope I can, for the daily rewards), please don't delete me.

I don't delete folks until they're a month over. And even then that's if I need to make room for folks at the moment.

It'll be tough not deleting the strongest Noctis on my friend list because they haven't logged in for a day or two, but I'll try my best. j/k

Haha right?

You guys are great.. thanks for all the help and advice. What a roller coaster of emotions haha

SO now finally time to play the game. I think I understand most of the basics. I did notice that there isn't any gear dropping.. Should I be regularly buying and crafting gear for my 5 guys?

I also don't really understand enhancing and awakening yet. I'm assuming enhancing is just leveling/passing on skills and awakening is bumping up to the next star rank? Is there anything I should be careful about when doing those? Don't want to mess up Noctis.

I'd also like to add some of you as friends on here, even though I'm a lowly level 1. My ID is 576.267.377

You'll get gear from quests, chests, the store (you'll rely on store for a while as you progress), and you can craft, assuming patterns you have are for items better than what you currently own.

Also, sent a request to you. (I go by same name in-game.) If you get a chance, add GAF in your character message or something. :) Helps us from deleting each other as we can identify who our GAF and non GAF friends are. (Non GAF friends always get the bump for GAF. For me anyway.)

Celegus

You'll need to buy some more friend slots (a very very good use of lapis) since you're full up already. Main Menu > Shop > Add Slots > Friend

Mine's 613 905 040 if you want to add me when you get some space.

Raika

Shot you a friend request. :>

Muku

OH SWEET MOTHER OF GOD!

mstevens, if no one has mentioned it, go to the units page and go to View. Click through each person and hit that faded lock to LOCK THEM! So you do not accidentally sell them!

mstevens

Okay locked characters and added friends.

I forgot to mention that I got a rank 3 exdeath too. Should I use him instead of Rydia?

Kouriozan

Exdeath is currently the best mage so yes, before you awake him to 4* he won't be that useful since he don't learn elemental magic :lol

mstevens

Holy shit at that pull. Fake Noctis is the best Noctis lol.

Congrats man.

Lol he really is

Surprised I didn't get neogaf tagged for all that mess. I was like the Mr. Bean of FFBE.

I'm really enjoying the game (I was on my original save too, but it's obviously even better now). Really excited about Agrias too, since FFT is my favorite game of all time. Also, the sprite animations in this game are jaw dropping.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
n00b priorities by PL

1. reroll until you get a top 4-5 DPS unit. you may never get another chance, F2P or otherwise.

2. just work on the story quests, seriously. you'll get lots of lapis and will get a good chance to level your primary unit(s)

3. don't spend any lapis on anything, ever. not 'continues', nothing.
(no seriously never spend lapis until you know what you're doing and you won't know that until you get to the end of this list)

3B. Don't delete or fuse any 3* or higher units, ever. Even some of the 1* units have value, but you won't fuck yourself if you lose a few. If that means you need to use lapis to expand your unit pool, that's ok. By the time you get done with this list you'll be well into the 140s for available slots. Once you know which units you don't need more than one of, go ahead. But be careful.

4. once you get through Lanzelt / Kolobos, make sure you start grabbing your espers and leveling them.

5. around here you want to start working towards colosseum (not 'arena' -- under the same tab) ASAP. lots of equip here.

6. around here you also want to make exvius wiki your best friend.

7. once you have a good portion of the story completed (let's say you're at Dirnado and crossing those off), you can probably compete for low-level rewards on the weekly events if you have a whale friend or several to lean on. you'll need these rewards to carry you through this next, most difficult phase of the game: before you get Trust Master Rewards but after you've assembled a decent, competitive squad.

8. It's around here you want to be super aware of your lapis spending on banners for better units. you're building a better team (hopefully) through wise daily half pulls (spend 250 lapis or use a free ticket, never 500) on good banners (and only do 11 pulls if you're willing to waste 9 pulls for the same price in exchange for a slightly better rate on one unit)

9. once you've finished Olderion story quests, you're competing for low-level rewards in the weekly events, you're rounding out your team with smart banner pulls (good luck!), you have whale friends, you're getting the best equip from the colosseum, now is the time to fully investigate and understand Trust Master Rewards.

10. Trust Master Rewards, simply put, are the most valuable thing in the game -- potentially more valuable than rare 5* base pulls themselves because they can be transferred from unit to unit.

Short version: Every unit has a 'TMR', which is an equipment or magic or passive that is rewarded to you when you reach 100% 'trust.' Your units earn trust when you finish non-arena battles at the average rate of .01 per battle. Meaning yes, if you can do math 100% trust /.01 average trust rate = 10,000 battles.By the time you get here you'll know all about Nox and Memu and macros n shit. Don't worry about this for a while buy maybe keep this in mind along with #3B.

TM Priority: Dual Wield, DualCast, +30% Mag, Blade Mastery, Bracers, and then your best weapons -- Sakurafubuki (Miyuki, katana), Excalibur (Cecil, longsword), Rising Sun (Locke, throwing, for CoD only basically), etc. Don't sweat this for a long time. Get to this point and you're doing quite well.

11. Around here you're seriously competing for the top-tier rewards on the weekly events, you're able to pick and choose which banners you pull, you have the unit and equipment depth to seriously compete with basically anyone in the arena any given week, and you're probably quibbling with the wiki rankings or popular opinion on this, that or other. If you have time here and you've cleared out the colosseum (meaning you've earned your blood sword), you can top off your very best units through serious dedication to the arena. do NOT overlook this like so many do because it's hard and time consuming. this is where good players become great -- and basically for free just by playing and learning how to compete against the rest of the best.

12. Now it's time to pull for your waifu.

robotuw

Just got Excalibur #2! Black Cowl #1 will arrive tomorrow, BC #2 the day after that, and Doublehand #1 the day after that (Garland's gonna be a beast). It's going to be a good week, and that's before a new banner and event on Friday!

Westonian

Just added five more friend slots. I have a Gilgamesh, but no dual wield yet or any super great weapons, so he's only at 516 atk. He's at 63.7% TM so hopefully by the end of this month those Genji gloves well be mine!

154-211-436 McSurly

CCIE

Banned
I'd take any Noctis. Quite a pull - Noctis, Agrias, ExDeath is a Hell of a start. All three are top tier type units

Rixa

n00b priorities by PL
10. Trust Master Rewards, simply put, are the most valuable thing in the game -- potentially more valuable than rare 5* base pulls themselves because they can be transferred from unit to unit.

Short version: Every unit has a 'TMR', which is an equipment or magic or passive that is rewarded to you when you reach 100% 'trust.' Your units earn trust when you finish non-arena battles at the average rate of .01 per battle. Meaning yes, if you can do math 100% trust /.01 average trust rate = 10,000 battles.By the time you get here you'll know all about Nox and Memu and macros n shit. Don't worry about this for a while buy maybe keep this in mind along with #3B.

TM Priority: Dual Wield, DualCast, +30% Mag, Blade Mastery, Bracers, and then your best weapons -- Sakurafubuki (Miyuki, katana), Excalibur (Cecil, longsword), Rising Sun (Locke, throwing, for CoD only basically), etc. Don't sweat this for a long time. Get to this point and you're doing quite well.

Great & informative post.

I would drop MAG +30% to lower. It was very good item when we didn't have 6* units. Now meta is more or less DPS friendly and MAG +30% aint so useful. Ok one can have Exdeaths where one can toss those but BM is so much better than +30% MAG (and one needs many of those to get full use).
DW -> DC (1-2 only) -> BM -> <TM depends what units one has>

I was going to do room to my friend list. Then I noticed that only slacker (of my 130 friends) is Chilly :/. Stupid 130 friend list limitation :(.

desverger

Wow, what a great story reading past the last two or so pages. The suspense when I thought the Noctis account was getting rolled over :D

Congrats on your Noctis, mstevens, you'll be set for a long time!

Muku

Maint Thursday 1/5 0:00 - 4:00 PST

Can anyone get that damn Memories from the Aquapolis note to load? Blank shit.

Luka and Elle any good?

Edit: DAT LAPIS. to celebrate 2017 players will get 100 lapis in completion of the daily quest for the month of January!

Muku

Got the Memories note to load on phone. ELT has Trust Moogle... hm, wonder if that will be easy enough. Will be curious to run and get it done with and move on with things.

Shouta

Maint Thursday 1/5 0:00 - 4:00 PST

Can anyone get that damn Memories from the Aquapolis note to load? Blank shit.

Luka and Elle any good?

Edit: DAT LAPIS. to celebrate 2017 players will get 100 lapis in completion of the daily quest for the month of January!

Luluka (I guess they shortened it to Luka) is still like the 5th best healer in JP right now. She's basically a more powerful version of 5-star Tillith. I don't know how she stacks compared to the global exclusive healer chars but Luka probably is only going to lose out to a Dualcast Refia until Y'shtola, 6-star Tilith, or Rem come out, at least based off my knowledge.

Chinner

Banned
This is turning into a banner I might just pass on. Almost have DC for Refia, and I'm content with Exdeath considering this game favours physical attackers.

Muku

Yeah... looking like I might pass on this one too. Rather dull. :( I finished up Dual Wield for CoD recently and working on Dual Cast now for Refia.... so maybe I'll just save up.

Well, anothet banner to pass on. The stacking for Orlandu continues. By the end of this week Noctis should be 850+, currently 816! Brave Suit #1 @ 97%, Infernal Amulet at 96% as soon as i get my monthly moogles from arena, 3rd dual wield being worked on. Next up Sakurufubuki, 2 cecils going from 0-100 for two separate excals, more hyates for more black cowls, and so much more. Not enough time and way too many units.

Syntsui

Well, anothet banner to pass on. The stacking for Orlandu continues. By the end of this week Noctis should be 850+, currently 816! Brave Suit #1 @ 97%, Infernal Amulet at 96% as soon as i get my monthly moogles from arena, 3rd dual wield being worked on. Next up Sakurufubuki, 2 cecils going from 0-100 for two separate excals, more hyates for more black cowls, and so much more. Not enough time and way too many units.
The stacking for Cinque you mean, we all know we will waste all our tickets for that sweet 20% ATK :p

kiaaa

Me too :(. GG Noctis banner.

On the bright side The past few days have been awesome for TM farming. Making a lot of progress!

Once I hit the Moogle for the Christmas event, I finished Zoldaad for the story/lapis and I've been 24/7 TM farming since then. Even spending some of the lapis because I don't actually need to pull for a while.

Ken

I wouldn't mind pulling a Luka to fill my good healer void but I'm going to chase my waifu Rem so I might just do the 1/2 pull and see what happens.

desverger

so I'm looking to actually set up Nox or Memu to TM farm for me instead of doing it with Switch Controls on the phone.

Can someone give me a quick rundown on which emulator to use and what are the pros and cons of each? Do both still work or is one of them more reliable than the other? Where do I get the APK to use with the emulator?

Rixa

I hope you grinded your excalibur for Dark Fina boss battle :)

Question is. Is it better to equip:

2 x Excaliburs and abilities: 3 x SoD, PoC

or

1 Excalibur & 1 Sakurafubuki and abilities: BM, 2 x SoD, PoC

Unit possibilities to this build: Greg, Lightning, Noctis

so I'm looking to actually set up Nox or Memu to TM farm for me instead of doing it with Switch Controls on the phone.

Can someone give me a quick rundown on which emulator to use and what are the pros and cons of each? Do both still work or is one of them more reliable than the other? Where do I get the APK to use with the emulator?
Wondering the same...

Ken

Wondering the same...

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/55f44k/lets_talk_nox_macros/

pretty simple instructions. just scroll down to macro installations section

i randomly chose memu. it freezes pretty frequently tho but im too lazy to switch over to nox. ymmv

idk about APK. the android emulator has a store that you can download exvius from (or amazon underground if you wish to use amazon coins)

Xion86

Nice to see some new names in the community that have joined the game :) welcome! It looks like you have gotten quite a lot of help and tips too.

Wow I got another Cerius from daily, that's 3 times now.

Cannot wait for my batch of TMs to complete..:D getting there, will post an update tomorrow, going to be a major boost to stats.

Celegus

Woo, Dualcast get! Chizuru took her spot since I don't have that one yet either.

Not sure if new banner is worth doing dailies on or not for me. Already have Refia and Tilith, so Luka doesn't interest me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom