• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

The only "important" upcoming base 4 star unit I ever hear about is Rikku, what's on the horizon after her if I don't care about TMs?

Aria is pretty good. She's basically a better Luka (which makes sense as apparently she is what Luka is based on). Aoe esuna, curuja, aoe full life, aoe MP regen, and water resist skills.

Glauca is also good. Strong physical attackers with a light and dark debuff skill. You will need his TM to be able to fully utilise him (as with most good DPS units).

Both these units came out pretty recently in JP though and after Rikku so we'll be waiting a while.

EDarkness

I don't think it's good value, but I totally get that people want to upgrade their units.

I don't know. I was going to get it so that I could get Mercedes to 6* 100, but decided against it in the end. My main reason for not getting it was all about gil and nothing else. I just didn't want to burn that much gil on getting her and other characters to cap. If you have the money, the lapis, and the characters to level, I think it's not a bad deal. That's a lot of metal cactaur guys.

Broseybrose

Lapis are falling from the sky now. 100 from dailies and 40 from arena daily. We received 250 this week and it keeps pouring in for some reason.

Didn't want to do dailies for dark FINA but I might as well.

Yeah with the amount of lapis coming in Im probably going to do dailies as well.

Today I got a dupe Golbez...

Muku

As in a banner where most of the units are useful? Some time from what I can see, but it depends on what you want and need. I was discussing this yesterday but solely for tms. Val said Zero part II is good and he is right, but for me there's only one unit I would want off it. That banner could come at the end of the month if they do back to back zero banners. Or it could be around March time if not.

I'm mainly looking for physical damage units. Would love if Garland could get his 6* already. Would just replace Exdeath and run Garland in his place then.

So, I did the daily missions, 5 rounds of arena, and now I set my computer to farm TMs that I honestly don't even need. I could finish out the Aquapolis event, but considering it's a daily checkbox, I've only been doing one round a day.

Is this what getting over the game feels like?

Broseybrose

So, I did the daily missions, 5 rounds of arena, and now I set my computer to farm TMs that I honestly don't even need. I could finish out the Aquapolis event, but considering it's a daily checkbox, I've only been doing one round a day.

Is this what getting over the game feels like?

I think its an overall lack of content.

The Aquapolis Event was good. But they really sold us short on the main story by only giving us 1/4? of Zoldaad. The main story is what really drew me in. The trials were once something I only passingly thought about trying someday.

Now all the trials are done, story is done, and new events get beat the first day.

Just need more content, as others have said.

Alkez

Took on the two headed dragon for the first time. I wanted to wait till I had dual cast but the Dolphins Steelers game was boring so I decided to do it now. Used CW's 700 ATK Gilgamesh as my friend companion. Was surprised how easy it was. Didn't even need dual cast. Disappointed in that trial tbh. I don't think my team was op either. They shouldn't have changed it so it charges at 80%. Was too easy once that happened.

Hoping the Packers Giants game is better. NFL has been dead this weekend.

Nikokuno

6 star quartz and I'll get my second Earrings, still farming my TM for Exdeath and... it takes so much time damn.

I got 8 slots open, so if you don't mind add me : 839,532,883.

Took on the two headed dragon for the first time. I wanted to wait till I had dual cast but the Dolphins Steelers game was boring so I decided to do it now. Used CW's 700 ATK Gilgamesh as my friend companion. Was surprised how easy it was. Didn't even need dual cast. Disappointed in that trial tbh. I don't think my team was op either. They shouldn't have changed it so it charges at 80%. Was too easy once that happened.

Hoping the Packers Giants game is better. NFL has been dead this weekend.

3 shit tier games so far. Hope this is a good one but a Giants win...my hatred for the Pack is equal to Michigan....gross.

Alkez

3 shit tier games so far. Hope this is a good one but a Giants win...my hatred for the Pack is equal to Michigan....gross.

How comes you hate the Packers lol? So far it seems alright. Playoff Eli seems to have shown up.

Any thoughts on the Bama Clemson game? I think Clemson have a better shot at winning then they did last year, and that game was fairly close, at least score wise.

robotuw

What base 3*'s have you long-standing players still not been able to get? Here's the only ones I'm still missing:

Miyuki (goddammit just give her to me!)
Firion (is he on the banner when he gets a 6*?)
Kuja
Amarant
Freya

Guys, the key to making Dark Fina easy mode is to debuff her. The true MVP is a Full Breaker. You don't have to have a 5* base nor TMs for this if you have a debuffer or two and Valentus made a video I believe showing you how to win without OP units and TMs.

I'm super close to finishing all the old story levels missions, just a few more Wind Shrine levels and I'm done, phew. Also about to finish getting everything on the Arena grid. Alas, I lost my massive win streak for foolishly trying to play in an area with poor reception :| I still have my doubts I could get 100 in a week anyway due to my schedule but I'll tack on mentally what I had come Thursday to see if it'd have been possible.

Once the story missions are done here soon, I guess I'll magicite farm to level up those espers. Is Phantom Forest still the best way to go?

Bummer, I thought running the BEG event 3 times would work for the daily. I could have swore it worked yesterday...

A couple questions for you guys this morning. Which standard/friend units are worth keeping for TMR? I'm starting to run out of unit space. Also, I have some mini tough and magic pots taking up space as well. Are those upgrades permanent aka should I be careful with them and min/max? Or should I just use them for now and/or get rid of them since they're just minis?

I gotta say.. I am loving this game. The music, pixel art, gameplay, FF tie ins are all exactly how I'd want them. I played FFRK when it first came out but quit for some reason. I've been trying to play that along side this, but I'm pretty lost as to what to do and I hate not being effecient (while you guys really clearly spelled out a ton of help for me in FFBE those first two days.. thank you!) I'm having so much fun in this game that I tried checking out all the other popular gacha games, but none draw me in aesthetically or mechanically like this one does, which is a bummer because it would be nice to have something to play at work while my energy isn't there in FFBE.

You can run BEG 3 times for daily but the event doesn't count towards any of them so you'll have to do a different Void. You might be thinking of the Christmas event, that one did count towards the daily. It's kind of random which events do and don't count towards dailies for some silly reason. Actually, maybe it's not random. I've noticed the ones set up like a void tend to count but the ones setup like an exploration level don't' seem to.

For the standard units and also Esper skills, the "killer" abilities are awesome. They make you do extra damage towards that type of enemy. Then of course there's the increase max HP one that's worthwhile.

The pots permanently increase that unit's stat and awakening them to a higher star rank won't take that away either. It will just allow you to keep adding more pots (higher star rank has higher pot cap) so no reason to hold on to them, use them right away if you have the unit you want to use it with.

Yeah this is the only gacha I've been able to get into and really, cell phone game period. FFRK's music is awesomely nostalgic and it's cool reliving the stories but man is it a snooze fest pulling for equipment rather than units. I didn't like their system for drawing units either, having to wait for a specific event to come to get a new decent one. Oh well, the sprites and effects are a million times better on this one and there's an original story to experience over time.

As for Football, yeah, only decent matchup today is GB vs NYG and next week will have the lame NE vs HOU matchup... At least Pitts vs KC and ATL vs SEA should be interesting. GB vs DAL could be too. Just realized I assumed GB will win here haha

How comes you hate the Packers lol? So far it seems alright. Playoff Eli seems to have shown up.

Any thoughts on the Bama Clemson game? I think Clemson have a better shot at winning then they did last year, and that game was fairly close, at least score wise.

I'm a Vikings fan so yeah eff them. I think Clemson has a great chance...Bama has a better defense this year but Clemson does as well so I dunno it's a coin toss

Kettch

What base 3*'s have you long-standing players still not been able to get? Here's the only ones I'm still missing:

Kuja
Amarant
Freya

I picked up Zidane the other day, so the only 3* I'm missing now is Hayate. 10/12 4*s as well, so I've gotten a nice spread. Only one base 5* in Noctis though.

Kuja
Amarant
Freya

I have all 3*s...Miyuki is the only one I have only gotten twice. Everything else is 3+. 4* I don't have Luka/Karl/Santa Rosie and 5* I don't have Greg/D. Fina and the 3 holiday 5*s.

Alkez

3* bases that have eluded me: Garland and Miyuki come to mind.

I'd love even ONE Agrias. ;_;

Also, that Steelers game was good. Nice to see Steelers playing with some oomph now we're in post season.

It was good if you're a Steelers fan lol. I'm neutral so it was too one sided for my entertainment.

Shouta

Woo, finished Werei's TM, Proud and Mighty Swordsman, 20% HP & 40% Attack when equipped with a great sword. Gotta work on some of these weapons I have now to clear out my inventory.

tuffymon

Kuja
Amarant
Freya

Cecil
Seria? the bf unit
Garland how did I miss you?
I'm pretty sure I've gotten everyone else at least once... it's always crazy to see what someone is drowning in someone else is starving for... I know offhand I've pulled 5 Firions and 6 Exdeaths for example /shrug

Lyrian

Kuja
Amarant
Freya

Hrmmm.....

Miyuki
Duane
Rakasha
Faris

Checked off Cerius last week, and Zidane + Garland yesterday. Kind of surprised that I'm mostly missing undesirable 3* units at this point.

Muku

Did a daily pull because why not. It's been a while. Blue, so figured meh. But then Vaan popped out. I was surprised. And I'm happy as I didn't have him yet. Sweet.

Xion86

Okay so here is my TM farming update for today:

QlcujwMl.png

- I just fused both Miyuki's together now to get the 98.8% which should be complete in the morning. I have few other Miyuki's so could afford to fuse these two to get the sword quicker.
- Replaced the fused Miyuki with Chizuru, those two are my only two, so will go for 100% with both.
- Looking forward to Luneth to finish!
- I don't have Gilgamesh so that sucks :(

These TMs will all go to Noctis (well I'll give the second Blade Mastery to Luneth):

iL1UKVGl.png

(He already has Power of Creation equipped, need to work on the helm and armour next)

Oh on a side note, I forgot to mention that I got the Platinum trophy on Final Fantasy XV couple of weeks back, and really enjoyed the gameplay :).

Anyway, time for bed now, and will look forward to my new sword!

Alkez

Sport is funny isn't it. Packers get outplayed for almost 30 minutes, end the half leading by 8 lol. That's what happens when you don't take your chances Giants.

Kouriozan

Shockingly, I have all (non-limited) base 3*, if I didn't skip the halloween banner I would have got everone.
I guess it's normal when you play the game daily for almost 8 months now (started late May in soft launch)

Vaan was the very last one I missed, got it while chasing Noctis.

Edit : it's ending now since I'm also skipping both the current banner and Type 0 1&2.

Kuja
Amarant
Freya

Miyuki
Hayate
Freya
Kain (dragoons dont like me in general it seems)
Zidane(!)
Garnet

I have an army of Sabin's/Locke's/Kefka's

Eidjinn

Kuja
Amarant
Freya

Duane
Xiao

In fact, I truly want more Miyukis and Hayates!

Kouriozan

Wait people are listing base 4*, so I'm missing.... only Luka (and limited units but still have Tilith/Seria/Karl), wow, kinda surprised by this.
I guess wasting everything for Gilgamesh and Noctis had some sort of positive impact.

Alkez

To the people who are losing interest in this game what would recapture your interest outside of new content?

I was thinking that maybe there is something we here in GAF could do to make it more interesting when there are no/short events on.

I'm not really sure what though haha. The only idea I have is something like a challenge series might be interesting. We could discuss a potential challenge for the week and then see who can get the best "score" over the next 5/6 days. And then have the winner on the opening page.

It would need to be something creative so that we're actually challenged and not just kill this as quickly as possible. For example who could go the most rounds in the plant trial without using any healing skills.

I'm not saying we should do any of this though. It wouldn't be the most efficient use of our NRG that's for sure, and personally I'm happy just tm farming, but I love this thread and it saddens me that we could see active users leave because there's nothing to do in the game. I was just thinking that maybe we could make the game more interesting for ourselves for those who are looking for something new.

P.S. Sorry for the long post lol.

To the people who are losing interest in this game what would recapture your interest outside of new content?

I was thinking that maybe there is something we here in GAF could do to make it more interesting when there are no/short events on.

I'm not really sure what though haha. The only idea I have is something like a challenge series might be interesting. We could discuss a potential challenge for the week and then see who can get the best "score" over the next 5/6 days. And then have the winner on the opening page.

It would need to be something creative so that we're actually challenged and not just kill this as quickly as possible. For example who could go the most rounds in the plant trial without using any healing skills.

I'm not saying we should do any of this though. It wouldn't be the most efficient use of our NRG that's for sure, and personally I'm happy just tm farming, but I love this thread and it saddens me that we could see active users leave because there's nothing to do in the game. I was just thinking that maybe we could make the game more interesting for ourselves for those who are looking for something new.

To be honest, I don't mind the lack of content, and I wouldn't say I'm losing interest in the game. Or rather, to be more precise, if my interest two weeks ago was at 100, I might be at a 75 now. I'm too invested to have that interest level drop below a certain floor, but I'm certainly not excited.

Further, I don't mind the game getting to a steady state point where I don't need to do much. I'll actually be happy when most of my TM farming's over and I don't need to leave my desktop on at night. I see the light at the end of the tunnel there, actually. Granted, the "I want to get this over with" sentiment isn't exactly promising. What I'm troubled by is that most of our interactions with the game are seeing numbers increase (farm TMs overnight, level up Espers, use Gigantuars) rather than actually doing stuff.

Record Keeper, the only other game I play (so this isn't meant to stoke game vs. game comparisons), seemingly always has random shit going on. Not all of it's exceptional, of course. But there are festivals, celebration banners, different boss rushes. And, shockingly, that game doesn't take much time either, and I can let it sit without worry, too.

I've mentioned this before, but I'm excited for Ariana, because the entire premise is absolutely batshit insane that I'm curious to see the execution. Until then, I guess I'll do 10 minutes of playing per day and let my computer handle the rest.

Ken

we should have a TMR race where we take one fresh character to 100% TMR

manually

also exploration maps only

Eidjinn

Vanille is a 4* base.

Fixed!

Strangely enough, I kind of already see the game is this light: by seeing awesome units and builds from other people, I truly have the urge to try them myself.

That Shadow all equipped is the one thing that I specially remember being interesting, and "urging" me to try to get all the tm's.

To be honest, I don't mind the lack of content, and I wouldn't say I'm losing interest in the game. Or rather, to be more precise, if my interest two weeks ago was at 100, I might be at a 75 now. I'm too invested to have that interest level drop below a certain floor, but I'm certainly not excited.

Record Keeper, the only other game I play (so this isn't meant to stoke game vs. game comparisons), seemingly always has random shit going on. Not all of it's exceptional, of course. But there are festivals, celebration banners, different boss rushes. And, shockingly, that game doesn't take much time either, and I can let it sit without worry, too.

The pace of the game, at least for me, is almost perfect, exactly because there are thse down times.
Playing Chain Chronicles or Quiz RPG, specially the latter one, was a friggin' stressful thing, exactly because events would be only one week long, with raids and special quests being given to the public every week.
Not only that, but levelling units in Quiz RPG made me make lists and lists of items that I should get, whereas FFBE you only need cactuars, and plain and simple, you already see progress by only doing that.
Simplified, yes, but not a hellish endeavor like Quiz RPG. Chain Chronicles was stressful as hell too.

This is why I'm rerolling an alt account with no TM farming.

Menchi

I'm only missing (excluding event limited units) the following 3* & 4* units

Hayate
Ellle

Refia
Vanille
Hope

Don't have a single 5* though. Most of the ones I was missing I picked up in the great Noctis hunt. So not bad for mostly F2P

Alkez

This is why I'm rerolling an alt account with no TM farming.

I was actually thinking to start a new account and see how far I could go with just the story units or story related units. Now would be the time to do it while I could get Majin Fina. but it means waiting for 6* Rain and Laswell. I guess Luka could be my healer. Or regular 6* Fina, but it would be weird having 2 Finas. Charlotte my tank.

I think Eileen is in the story at some point but I'm not definite on that.

I was actually thinking to start a new account and see how far I could go with just the story units or story related units. Now would be the time to do it while I could get Majin Fina. but it means waiting for 6* Rain and Laswell. I guess Luka could be my healer. Or regular 6* Fina, but it would be weird having 2 Finas. Charlotte my tank.

I think Eileen is in the story at some point but I'm not definite on that.

Go with Luka! Was SO glad I pulled her. And don't worry about Dark Fina. Plus, by the time you level Rain to 80, 6* will be available. I'm liking the idea of actually using the story characters. Kinda wish I could trade my Chorizo for a Mercedes.

... if Eileen is story, then I'll need to get her. It's why I wanted Mercedes. I just want all the story characters, and it's why I was happy for Elle on my main today. I'd want Dark Fina, but well, we know that's not happening.

Far from losing interest but from a guy who does TM via switch control on his iphone I am going to be taking a break from farming for 2-3 weeks. Once this batch and one more I have to work out are done I'm done with farming for a bit. I really do need to look into Memu or Nox. TM'ing is an unfortunately but necessary evil. I really wish instead of .1% it was .2%, yes it's a 50% increase but god it would do so much for the game.

When done it's all said and done I will have the following for two or three super toons:

Power of creation (Done)
2 Seal of Destruction (1 done)
3 Excals (1 done)
1 Sakurufubuki
2 blade mastery (done)
Death Bringer (done)
Elza TM scythe (done)
2 brave suits (1 done)
4 bracers (1 done)
1 infernal armlet (done)
1 Genji glove (done)
2 dual wield (done)
1 Ring of Lucii for the lulz
2 or 3 Black Cowls (1 done)

Mind you this does not take into effect the TM's I need to do for my healers and casters (4-5 letters and arms, 2 omni rods, a few mag +30's, 2 Juggler TM's, another black cat lid helm for two total). I've accomplished a lot and as I've said numerous times once Orlandu and Trance Terra are released I'm done pulling for a very long time. Goal is to have 2 800+ atk dps. Currently Noct sits at 848, Lightning, Elza, and Greg sit at 560-640. Need to bring them up to speed.

Kouriozan

What I'm looking forward the most currently :

p7YyCe1.jpg
uxwM0TX.jpg

j15SVtTl.jpg

♥ Ashelia ♥
Gosh I need the FF XII event like right now! Thankfully they are both 4* :D
They are ranked 92 and 91 on Altema, and they are pretty strong actually! Ashe heal when she attacks!
Finally I'll farm those 4 Letters and Arms for her :3c

Alkez

Go with Luka! Was SO glad I pulled her. And don't worry about Dark Fina. Plus, by the time you level Rain to 80, 6* will be available. I'm liking the idea of actually using the story characters. Kinda wish I could trade my Chorizo for a Mercedes.

... if Eileen is story, then I'll need to get her. It's why I wanted Mercedes. I just want all the story characters, and it's why I was happy for Elle on my main today. I'd want Dark Fina, but well, we know that's not happening.

Dark Fina damn it. It's going to take me a while to get that in my head lol.

My question is is Luka sustainable as a healer? Because without a dual castable ability I question how long she'll be able to keep the team healed effectively.

What I'm looking forward the most currently :

p7YyCe1.jpg
uxwM0TX.jpg

j15SVtTl.jpg

♥ Ashelia ♥
Gosh I need the FF XII event like right now! Thankfully they are both 4* :D
They are ranked 92 and 91 on Altema, and they are pretty strong actually! Ashe heal when she attacks!
Finally I'll farm those 4 Letters and Arms for her :3c

Yup cant wait to snag Ashe and hopefully Balthier

Dark Fina damn it. It's going to take me a while to get that in my head lol.

My question is is Luka sustainable as a healer? Because without a dual castable ability I question how long she'll be able to keep the team healed effectively.

For your alt account, where you're only doing story content and not grinding trials, I think the answer is yes, absolutely. Besides, along the way, you'll pick up stronger characters (since the goal for our alt accounts should be to keep Lapis as close to 0, since we're NOT hoarding tickets or waiting for certain banners).

Actually... that's not a bad way to keep interest. Basically, an "always pull" philosophy.

So we should get the raid rewards tomorrow the community tiers....since we doubled it we better get some extra shit dammit! I'm thinking an extra 5 tickets would be fine ;)

Kouriozan

Yeah they might give us a few more tickets with Dyer giving them money like crazy lmao.
Forgot to check if I was still in top 50k.
Edit : I'm 39,xxxth, phew!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom