• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandte

Startet with soft launch, and i'm missing a lot of characters. Roselia, locke, garnet, WoL, mercedes(!!!!!!!!!!), gafgarion, two of the units from the fencer banner etc....a few days ago i got artemios and my first ludmille. Considering how many pulls i did...well my luck isn't the greatest.

But going through the unit list i have to ask: who ist nr. 212 samatha, never seen her before. Also this chick named adel is completely new for me. Did we skipped her Banner?

Iceman829

Do you fight dark fina twice during the elt event? I was just wondering if i need to recover mp before the section she shows up during pro

BumRush

2 questions:

- is the in-game friend list tied to your Facebook account? I don't think I linked this to my FB account when I DL it, but I'm not sure.

- how do you non-auto the other characters besides your MC? I'm able to select what he does, but no one else

THANKS!

Kouriozan

Startet with soft launch, and i'm missing a lot of characters. Roselia, locke, garnet, WoL, mercedes(!!!!!!!!!!), gafgarion, two of the units from the fencer banner etc....a few days ago i got artemios and my first ludmille. Considering how many pulls i did...well my luck isn't the greatest.

But going through the unit list i have to ask: who ist nr. 212 samatha, never seen her before. Also this chick named adel is completely new for me. Did we skipped her Banner?
They are collaboration units, Samatha is from Terra Battle and Adel from Imperial Saga, Global version is skipping those due to licensing issue.
It's also why we're probably not getting Secret of Mana or Dragon Quest, we're getting exclusive events instead like Halloween/Christmas ones.
Brave Frontier isn't an problem since it's owned by Gumi/Alim.

Iceman829

Whelp I lost. CoD, Refia, Cecil, Luneth survived meteor. CoD was confused and then killed refia and cecil. Otherwise I could've dualcast and been fine. yay

So is any companion better over someone else?

After a week of playing, I finally found out you can unlock 1 trial of desire for free every day. I finally can awaken some of my characters!

Also I just pulled Luka and Lenna. It seems I have 3 competing healers, with Santa Roselia, Lenna, and Luka. I need to look up if Luka gets a raise, which is something S Roselia unfortunately doesn't have. Also got my girl Agrias, now I need Ramza and Delita to get the FFT team.

Ken

- how do you non-auto the other characters besides your MC? I'm able to select what he does, but no one else

THANKS!

?? you should be able to control the rest of your party the same way you control your "MC" (i assume ur talking about rain)

Muku

So we should get the raid rewards tomorrow the community tiers....since we doubled it we better get some extra shit dammit! I'm thinking an extra 5 tickets would be fine ;)

We should get something. They didn't even give us more but we did more. I also hope they feel like asses thinking we wouldn't get there. THEY were like OMG Raid event gaiz!! Work together for the goods! And then we did. And then we were sorely let down.

I want a bunch more tickets. Because we suffered through an event worthy of only a week without extended rewards. And we had to live with that awful banner for TWO WEEKS! Gumi shot themselves in foot during the time folks had to play.

NomarTyme

Whelp I lost. CoD, Refia, Cecil, Luneth survived meteor. CoD was confused and then killed refia and cecil. Otherwise I could've dualcast and been fine. yay

So is any companion better over someone else?

Yeah where is your full breaker? You need to reduce her mag damage.

Muku

Not everyone has a Full Breaker. I didn't for the longest time. And while I have a couple now, I'm waiting on Rain so he can stand up to those kind of challenges as 6*.

If you have a Breaker it should be used for sure, but it isn't necessary. I 2 turned her pretty easily without breaking at all. I took a friend Elza originally to somewhat break and it crashed 2nd time I took some random Luneth or Lightning. Again though if you have one use it unless your team is OP.

tuffymon

Not everyone has a Full Breaker. I didn't for the longest time. And while I have a couple now, I'm waiting on Rain so he can stand up to those kind of challenges as 6*.

I feel your pain on this, I didn't for a long time, but CoD and Noctis can do what you need (in this case Noctis, which at least half of us have up)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Can anyone describe what you mean by raid? Like everyone in global trying to take down the same opponent?

Like, 80,000 global players all trying to do as much damage against Sin as possible and then getting rewards based on damage dealt, assuming it is defeated?

Muku

I feel your pain on this, I didn't for a long time, but CoD and Noctis can do what you need (in this case Noctis, which at least half of us have up)

Oh don't get me wrong. I got it done. And without a Full Breaker at all. LOL. Got it done first morning it was up. Point is someone always goes "But where is your Full Breaker?" as if it were that easy for everyone. :(

And definition of raid by.. what? This previous event? Or is there something I'm missing?

Syntsui

Can anyone describe what you mean by raid? Like everyone in global trying to take down the same opponent?

Like, 80,000 global players all trying to do as much damage against Sin as possible and then getting rewards based on damage dealt, assuming it is defeated?
Raid in pretty much every single multiplayer game is a dungeon that can only be accessed by a group of players to take down a hard as fuck boss.

Mobius and Record Keeper interpreted that as an challenge where different players from around the globe form a party to take down a boss, no dungeon involved.

Brave Exvius... Well, you saw what we had for the last two weeks. It would have been glorious if each of us here assumed a specific role in the party to take down a less pathetic boss.

See below:
https://youtu.be/HYuTaHgA2TI

https://youtu.be/8dMJtAr9PiA

Vamphuntr

Gran Blue has the best raid. Like you create a room and full parties join in. You take the boss down with 20+ teams. You can chat, some characters skills you have buff or heal the whole raid. It's nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1VMGoXUGLc

Vamphuntr

That popped up when I was researching a game to play while waiting for FFBE NRG to refill. Doesn't seem like there will be an official global release huh? It looks good.

You can put the whole game in English but it's JP only presumably because every character in the story and the ones you pull are voiced by famous VA.

evangd007

Level with me GAF: do I have a shot at beating ELT Dark Fina? My team is:

Refia - HP 3543
Snow - HP 5911
Lightning - ATK 471
Bartz - ATK 280 (Man-eater)
Faris - HP 2633

Other notes: no premium TMRs, no access to CoD (do not have) or Cecil (just acquired, still at 3*), no maxed Espers, and the only Espers at 2* are Siren, Ifrit, and Golem.

My most powerful friend units are AD's 773 Noctis and Hippo's 852 Luneth.

Judging by all this HP talk, I think I'd probably spend most of my time scraping poor Faris off the floor so she can get a Full Break in before dying again :(.

Muku

Level with me GAF: do I have a shot at beating ELT Dark Fina? My team is:

Refia - HP 3543
Snow - HP 5911
Lightning - ATK 471
Bartz - ATK 280 (Man-eater)
Faris - HP 2633

Other notes: no premium TMRs, no access to CoD (do not have) or Cecil (just acquired, still at 3*), no maxed Espers, and the only Espers at 2* are Siren, Ifrit, and Golem.

My most powerful friend units are AD's 773 Noctis and Hippo's 852 Luneth.

Judging by all this HP talk, I think I'd probably spend most of my time scraping poor Faris off the floor so she can get a Full Break in before dying again :(.

Do you have anything with HP on it to give Faris? Could include but not limited to:

- HP 10% (TM from Riz whatever his name is. No longer have him because I recently got his TM and sold him so can't look at em in game.)

- Muscle Belt (gives 10% to HP)

- Mighty Hammer (gives 15% to HP)

- look at your gear to see if you have anything that Faris can wear that gives HP.

Couple pieces included are ones I can think of that give HP, as I've got them on characters right now for the HP

Pejo

Gold Member
Well holy shit, that Dark Fina ELT thing was way easier than I was prepping myself for, though my team is probably a little ahead of the curve (but not to GAF TM farmer levels).

I had Noctis, Cecil, Refia, Luneth, CoD with a Noctis friend unit. Smoked her in two turns.

The TM moogle went straight to Gilgamesh and completed my Genji gloves. Next one I'm working towards is my first Excal.

Anybody got tips for the Antenolla trial? I tried it a few times and forgot to unequip elemental weapons so I got shit on pretty hard. Is there a threshhold that you can feasibly just AoE DPS all the misc parts down in a turn or two? The other option looks like slow and cure-heavy with lots of full breakers, and that's just not so much my style.

Muku

Well holy shit, that Dark Fina ELT thing was way easier than I was prepping myself for, though my team is probably a little ahead of the curve (but not to GAF TM farmer levels).

I had Noctis, Cecil, Refia, Luneth, CoD with a Noctis friend unit. Smoked her in two turns.

The TM moogle went straight to Gilgamesh and completed my Genji gloves. Next one I'm working towards is my first Excal.

Anybody got tips for the Antenolla trial? I tried it a few times and forgot to unequip elemental weapons so I got shit on pretty hard. Is there a threshhold that you can feasibly just AoE DPS all the misc parts down in a turn or two? The other option looks like slow and cure-heavy with lots of full breakers, and that's just not so much my style.

I went like 15 rounds or so with Antenolla. But the only TM I currently have is Dual Wield. I'd just given it to CoD and going in there for the Thorn Mace for her. I had a breaker with me but wasn't the best one. I'd say take one if possible, it definitely makes it a bit quicker.

Otherwise I was AoEing hard. But if you kill in order, it shouldn't be much of a problem. Ivy -> Root -> Leaves -> Flower. I kept tabs on the main one I was supposed to be working on and when it got down low, stopped AoEing and would single target finish it off ASAP. Next round back to AoE with noting the life of the next one.

Once I finally went in there with CoD having DW it was easier to deal with. But at same time AoE while keeping tabs on your target. It can be a bit slow, but it's worth it.

Actually, time before this one I actually almost did AoE most if not all to death. Brought someones hax Gilga. Only thing is I just didn't plan right and bad things happened.

Just make sure no one has Chiji as well. Don't want to screw yourself on that.

Pejo

Gold Member
I went like 15 rounds or so with Antenolla. But the only TM I currently have is Dual Wield. I'd just given it to CoD and going in there for the Thorn Mace for her. I had a breaker with me but wasn't the best one. I'd say take one if possible, it definitely makes it a bit quicker.

Otherwise I was AoEing hard. But if you kill in order, it shouldn't be much of a problem. Ivy -> Root -> Leaves -> Flower. I kept tabs on the main one I was supposed to be working on and when it got down low, stopped AoEing and would single target finish it off ASAP. Next round back to AoE with noting the life of the next one.

Once I finally went in there with CoD having DW it was easier to deal with. But at same time AoE while keeping tabs on your target. It can be a bit slow, but it's worth it.

Actually, time before this one I actually almost did AoE most if not all to death. Brought someones hax Gilga. Only thing is I just didn't plan right and bad things happened.

Just make sure no one has Chiji as well. Don't want to screw yourself on that.

Yea i wasted 60 stam by having Vernard and Chiri equipped. I actually just tried again since I've had some considerable beef added to my party since the past times, and beat it without too much trouble. Noctis is really stupid powerful in that fight. He's essentially a full breaker over two turns, and has the MAG debuff that's AoE, which was helpful the first few rounds. Had to dip into a few Elixers and Turbo Ethers, but what the hell am I saving them for if not hard as balls trials like this.

My CoD now has her Thorned Mace and a brand new Doublehand TM. I'll work on Dual Wield for her sooner or later, but I have other priorities now.

Muku

Yea i wasted 60 stam by having Vernard and Chiri equipped. I actually just tried again since I've had some considerable beef added to my party since the past times, and beat it without too much trouble. Noctis is really stupid powerful in that fight. He's essentially a full breaker over two turns, and has the MAG debuff that's AoE, which was helpful the first few rounds. Had to dip into a few Elixers and Turbo Ethers, but what the hell am I saving them for if not hard as balls trials like this.

My CoD now has her Thorned Mace and a brand new Doublehand TM. I'll work on Dual Wield for her sooner or later, but I have other priorities now.

Yeah. Wish I had a Noctis. Had a GAF Noctis help me beat ELT Dark FIna. Warp Strike or whatever is freaking awesome. And the Thunder Flask is amazing as well.

Congrats!! :D

CCIE

Banned
Don't have three 3*'s after all this time - Firion, Rydia, and Xiao. Luka and Vanille for 4*, and every 5* base but Light

Rixa

Cecil
Seria? the bf unit
Seria (like Karl & Tidus) is base 4*.
we should have a TMR race where we take one fresh character to 100% TMR
manually
also exploration maps only
Been there done that.
Actually did 5 units from 0 to 100% manually, that took 40-44 days per unit, average TM% gain was 2.3% per day.

Screenshot_20160812-060935.png

robotuw

Daily was a gold ... Artemios? I don't even want Luka but I'd prefer her to this garbage. Yeesh, how hard is it to pull a couple Elles?

Malakhov

Banned
Raid rewards are in. I've got 52 tickets now. Most I've ever had in reserve so far.

What will be the banner to ruin me all? Next good banner will be what? Orlandu?

Muku

Daily summon... Anzelm. Unless yall are going to make RDMs worth a shit please make them all go DIAF Gumi. Ugh.

SeanTSC

Daily... Firion #2. Meh.

Where are you Zidane? =(

Up to 40 tickets stockpiled myself. Not sure when I'm going to use them though. Definitely not on this banner. If Orlandu's banner wasn't such crap for TM units I'd use it on his, but meh. Saving all the way to Tidus/Rikku might be best, but that's sooo far away.

Muku

Those pots.... from the event... so tasty.

After pulling the event tickets out I'm at 53. Meh. Not excited because I dunno when I'll spend them.

Muku

Looking at the schedule, there's nothing good until orlandu it seems.

Yeah, that's the problem. And with what is being said, Orlandu's first banner isn't worth a damn. I've been waiting for him forever and then to hear that.. just ugh. Now I'm just not sure when I'll spend them. Still going to see how his banner turns out but not holding my breath with way banners have been lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom