• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free summon was Snow. 4th one so I'm either going for 4 Champ Belts or 2 and fusing 2 and 2. Can't see myself using more than one fist user at a time so probably option 2.

Xion86

Valentus I saw that Fail video you posted trying to get the reward...exactly the same thing happened to me :D I literally just stared at the screen for a while. Took me around 3 or 4 tries, especially the item one.

Panther you got the item reward yet? Like I said, for me, I got his health down so there was hardly anything left, had 3 units use an item at the same time as a normal attack from your strongest unit.

Oh and I didn't know CCIE left us :/.

Free pull: GOLD...Luka (wow I got exactly the same yesterday...)
Daily pull: Xiao...

Wait....I think I got exactly the same two pulls as yesterday in the same order..wtf, what are the chances.

Anyone found any secrets items in the event exploration which are not obvious?

Pachimari

Today's free pull was a 4* Zidane and the 1/2 off was a 3* Jack. Assume they are worth nothing. Got a 4* Rydia from my Rare pull too.

Also, I seem to always lose in the main hall of the Ariana Grande event. The boss wipes out my entire party in one swell swoop and I'm left with my friend's hero. What do I do in this level?

Today's free pull was a 4* Zidane and the 1/2 off was a 3* Jack. Assume they are worth nothing. Got a 4* Rydia from my Rare pull too.

Zidane may be a junky unit to use, but he is a fantastic pull because of his Trust Mastery Reward. Dual Wield can be a gigantic gamechanger and will drastically increase any unit's offense power.

Pachimari

Zidane as a unit is bad but his TM is Dual Wield and is the 2nd best TM in Global after Genji Glove.

Zidane may be a junky unit to use, but he is a fantastic pull because of his Trust Mastery Reward. Dual Wield can be a gigantic gamechanger and will drastically increase any unit's offense power.
Hmm, I'm gonna look into it later. I haven't even looked into equipping stuff yet.

I beat the boss. Are there only supposed to be 5 levels in the Ariana event?

Fee pull was Tellah. Blah.

Got Yun up to level 99 and decided to share him in case anyone wants to play around with him. I should have him max leveled in about an hour when my NRG refreshes. He's not optimally geared yet, but I should have a couple Kaiser Knuckles in a week or so since I pulled 11 Xiao's yesterday. Then he should be pretty decent.

Pachimari

It's not 0.01% it's 0.1%
Still eternity but not as long :)
Yeah, hmm.

Anyway, so I am doing this Ariana event and I think I got the recipes for all of her stuff. But it keeps telling me I got zero musical notes, even though I've won them and redeemed them from my mailbox...

So I can't craft her things.

[edit] I took my Luneth from lvl 17 > 42.
I assume I can just repeat the Ariana event and collect those Gigantuar Cactuars for massive experience points.

UltraJay

So I picked this game back up today and it seems like I should just focus on the main story right now as the Lunar New Year and Ariana events are both way too difficult. I managed to get to the Waiting Room and only need 1 Lipstick to 5-star Ariana, With Ariana at 60 and the rest of my 4-star units at around lvl 30 the Nian Beast in impossible.

So I picked this game back up today and it seems like I should just focus on the main story right now as the Lunar New Year and Ariana events are both way too difficult. I managed to get to the Waiting Room and only need 1 Lipstick to 5-star Ariana, With Ariana at 60 and the rest of my 4-star units at around lvl 30 the Nian Beast in impossible.

If you add some Gaf friends with high level units they can solo the Ariana stages for you no problems.

[edit] I took my Luneth from lvl 17 > 42.
I assume I can just repeat the Ariana event and collect those Gigantuar Cactuars for massive experience points.

Yes. That's what I'm currently doing with my Ling and Yun. If you can manage it, just bring Luneth and a friend unit that can solo the Spirit (any Noctis with a 750+ ATK can do it easy peasy). That way Luneth gets the whole bank of EXP.

Pachimari

I just started out four days ago, and is farming the Ariana event, because of friend'e Noctis' that can solo you through the entire event. So add some people, they are super kind in here.

That said, I've used all of the Noctis' available, so I have to wait those two hours for them to come back.

c-murph

Dat Dream Harp Get!

TJy6OFN.png

lol

I just started out four days ago, and is farming the Ariana event, because of friend'e Noctis' that can solo you through the entire event. So add some people, they are super kind in here.

That said, I've used all of the Noctis' available, so I have to wait those two hours for them to come back.

Just an fyi any high ATK Noctis/Luneth/Lightning or Gilgamesh can solo it. Yun probably can as well.

UltraJay

Thanks, guys. I 5-starred Ariana now, the mats for 6-star are not too bad except for Lipstick, getting 10 of those is going to be tough. The majority of the rest I got trying to get 5 lipstick. Does lipstick drop more on higher stages? They are only available during this event, right?

Syrus

Banned
Did yolo 11 pull , got ling , 2 zidane , miyuki , 4 xaoi.

Pretty happy wirh that

So if i get dualcast on cecil can Ling replace Refia?

Muku

My free summon on main... it was.... it was.... TELLAH! Finally! :O

Decided to go ahead and do a daily pull too. C'mon Ling... so I get Xiao. Again. Okay, so maybe I won't be able to get Ling, which is what I originally wanted. So again, the gold on the banner will continue to evade me. Like Seven did.

Also, with Trust Moogle for daily... over 50% on Dual Cast now~

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
So yesterday I pulled 11 and got Ling and a dup Mercedes. Ok but there rest wer legit trash.

Then I spent a 3-4 tickets, getting TM fodder but not the kind you save more than one of.

But I have the itch, right? So I pull another ticket. It's Xiao, my 3rd total but 2nd of the day. And I'm like, huh, maybe the rates really are up. I'll pull one past my promised limit. (You all know how that goes, right?) (there's a conversation here about anyone who has dealt with addiction, but that's for another day).

So I pulled, right? MY 2ND RAINBOW EVER! YELLOW CHICKEN LOVIN YUUUUUUN. Hell yes.

anyway long story short I pulled my free unit this morning and I got my 3rd rainbow. It's Luka, my 2nd. I've burned out all rng luck for Orlandu, right?

Lyrian

no lyrian i'm beating this schmuck of a beast every time i just can't get the esper to trigger the kill

I'm not sure what to say that can help here. Unless a person is used to chaining esper attacks into an elemental chain, the timing needed can be very difficult to grasp because the esper hit either has to be the killing blow (very hard because of extreme defense of Nian), the immediate next blow (the overkill), or the esper attack has to literally chain with either of them to count. Given that the point in the esper attack animation where the chain occurs varies from esper to esper, this is rough to do without practice.

The best advice I can give for achieving an overkill with an esper, would be to whittle Nian down, inflict the killing blow with someone who has a very strong 1-hit attack and then try to get the esper hit to land immediately after the one hit.

Either way it still sucks trying to pull off, especially when it costs 20 EN for another retry for being a split second too soon or too late with the esper attack.

A portion of the population with a certain view in politics and social justices took control and don't let anyone else talk with different opinions. They are immediately treated as dirt and disposed of.

That said. This is the only thread I post in now. I'm a star wars fan and I even have to stay away from star wars threads because you are treated as a sexist or racist if you talk about some plot views that they don't agree with...

Anyways, Vivi free pull today :(

Last short aside from me on this topic and I'm moving on as well.

I'd agree with your assessments about the situation on GAF in general. Not only has the hate spilled out into most of OT, it's been showing up in more than a few Gaming-side threads as well for awhile now. I feel incredibly fortunate to be a part of this community, where for whatever reason is relatively insulated from the madness going on currently on the rest of GAF.

---------

Today's freebie - Leo. Always wanted a 2nd in case I wanted to farm an Aegis Shield. Nice.

Done with the LNY banner, so no need to pull there anymore this week. My lapis wallet thanks me.

And today, after 6+ months, today, I finally get to test SCIENCE! Conditions are not perfect, but they are close enough that I should get a good enough feel for how the final results should turn out. I am so looking forward to this :)

Muku

So yesterday I pulled 11 and got Ling and a dup Mercedes. Ok but there rest wer legit trash.

Then I spent a 3-4 tickets, getting TM fodder but not the kind you save more than one of.

But I have the itch, right? So I pull another ticket. It's Xiao, my 3rd total but 2nd of the day. And I'm like, huh, maybe the rates really are up. I'll pull one past my promised limit. (You all know how that goes, right?) (there's a conversation here about anyone who has dealt with addiction, but that's for another day).

So I pulled, right? MY 2ND RAINBOW EVER! YELLOW CHICKEN LOVIN YUUUUUUN. Hell yes.

anyway long story short I pulled my free unit this morning and I got my 3rd rainbow. It's Luka, my 2nd. I've burned out all rng luck for Orlandu, right?

:O :O :O

Congrats! And naw. But I could be two pulling two Rainbows yesterday. (First one being a pile of steaming shit.)

Alt:

Free pull - Vivi (ffs)
Daily pull - Luna

Yeah, okay. Yun was my luck for a while.

Thanks, guys. I 5-starred Ariana now, the mats for 6-star are not too bad except for Lipstick, getting 10 of those is going to be tough. The majority of the rest I got trying to get 5 lipstick. Does lipstick drop more on higher stages? They are only available during this event, right?

No if all you need is the evolve mats do the lowest stage as every item has the same chance to drop even if it doesn't seem that way. If you still need musical notes to get her equipment do the last stage since it's great for exp and you get a Gigantuar as well.

Valentus

Well, heres my video of my run in Nian Beast Attack! - ELT , no TM, no base 5 star, no OP friend, and all achievements clear

My team this time was:

Cerius (elemental buffer, healer)

Golden Staff - Chapeau - White Robe - Candy Basket - Jeweled Ring
DEF+10% - Destroyer's Authority - HP+10% - HP+10%

Rain (Stat Buff - Full Break)

Mighty Hammer - Force Shield - Survivor Helm - Reflect Mail - Water God Amulet - Defender's Bracer
MP+20% - DEF+10% - DEF+10% - DEF+10%

Rosa (MP Battery - Healer)

Golden Staff - Green Beret - Magi Robe - Angel Ring - Muscle Belt
MP+20% - Destroyer's Authority - HP+15% - HP+10%

Garnet (Summon bar buff - Healer)

Survival Edges - Circlet - Sage's Robe - Muscle Belt - Jeweled Ring
Paralyna - HP+15% - Guardian's Authority - HP+10%

Exdeath (Damage Dealer)

Wizard Rod - Stellar Shield - Golden Helm - Force Armor - Hero's Ring - Earrings
Twinspell x 4

Friend 465 MAG Exdeath (Thanks GuiltGAF !)

The fight basically was:

Cerius always keeping Barfiraga - Barthundaga active, and doublecast cura (curbuncle esper) to heal party

Rain using leadership and Undermine to buff/debuff and normal attack to generate crystals and summon orbs

Rosa with Bless to refill MP (crucial for Rain, even if in the end battle he lost the MP race and had to use items) and curaja. Normal attack too for summon orbs

Garnet for his LB (even if i didnt manage to fill all the bar with 1 LB, but was very helpful), curaja and raise. I equipped a jeweled ring and paralyna for cure paralysis when Nian Beast used its Roar skill

Exdeath and friend exdeath with double Meteor for killing the Nian beast.

For the damage item for achievement, i used Earth Drum, because its animation is slow before doing damage and helped me to make the overkill.

was a fun trial. It helped me to prepare for the gilgamesh trial (this is kids play compared to Gilgamesh) so i like it trying to clear it with my overpowered almighty team

evangd007

For people having trouble with the Esper kill here's what I did:

- Get the Nian Beast's HP down to where a single ability strike will kill him. If using a dual wield unit for this strike, make sure that the first strike kills, not the second.

- Queue up the Esper summon and the ability.

- Activate the Esper. As soon as the animation starts, mash on the spot where the kill ability is. This should cancel the animation and activate the ability.

That should result in credit for an esper kill. This worked for me twice today, once on the standard Nian beast using Ifrit and Lightning's Crushing Blow, and again on the Great Nian beast using Ifrit and Noctis's Warp Break.

Good luck!

Wazzy

Banned
I'll never get used to your avatar (and tag along with it) changing. Sometimes I see a dog, other times I see Rinoa. What madness is this!?

Congrats on your Ling, BTW. She's pretty Godly from what I can see, and your Luneth is still more than capable. :)
Lmao hidden tags are so much fun. It's always great when it confuses someone.

Yeah I'm happy with my pulls so far and now just need to work on maxing my Ling out! I love seeing you on friends list with your Yun. Such a great unit to pull. :)

mstevens

Free pull: Hayate #3
1/2 off pull: 4* Terra #2

I've really enjoyed getting back into the story quests the past two days. I'm now at the aquatic cove in Olderion. How close am I to being caught up?

Wow . Anything can happen.

across

I'm gonna get that dumb whip if it kills me.

For people having trouble with the Esper kill here's what I did:

- Get the Nian Beast's HP down to where a single ability strike will kill him. If using a dual wield unit for this strike, make sure that the first strike kills, not the second.

- Queue up the Esper summon and the ability.

- Activate the Esper. As soon as the animation starts, mash on the spot where the kill ability is. This should cancel the animation and activate the ability.

That should result in credit for an esper kill. This worked for me twice today, once on the standard Nian beast using Ifrit and Lightning's Crushing Blow, and again on the Great Nian beast using Ifrit and Noctis's Warp Break.

Good luck!

This is word for word what I did to get the esper kills. Well, I used Ramuh, but same deal. It's valuable, relatively low-cost training for future events where I'm sure this (obnoxious) condition will return. Think of it as training under a waterfall to improve your timing. Like Lyrian said, the goal is killing blow, overkill blow, or a chain with either of those two.

Maybe instead of giving GL useless gunners and monks they should give us a 6* summoner!

evangd007

This is word for word what I did to get the esper kills. Well, I used Ramuh, but same deal. It's valuable, relatively low-cost training for future events where I'm sure this (obnoxious) condition will return. Think of it as training under a waterfall to improve your timing. Like Lyrian said, the goal is killing blow, overkill blow, or a chain with either of those two.

Maybe instead of giving GL useless gunners and monks they should give us a 6* summoner!

Espers only exist for the cool animations and annoying mission conditions. Wouldn't want to upset that!

jnWake

Started playing this game yesterday! Having lots of fun so far although I'm super early (just reached Siren's Tower).

I was lucky to join just when a Free Summon event was happening haha. Got Garland and Maria from Free Summons so far. No clue if they're good or bad but they are definitely a lot of help, especially Maria since she's a White Mage.

Anyway, is there a discord or something for this game? I'll add myself to the friend list too.

sammich

Free pull:Gold... Another fucking shadow. Seriously what the F are the chances of 3 shadows so far from free Pluss one of them being a gold star.
Half lapis: Shanttoto

I'm getting tired of this. Shit luck or not it's kinda demoralizing. last event I half pulled everyday and spent like 8 tickets and got 1 banner unit (Trey). I lent 10 tickets so far and I got like 5 Xiao. I'm gonna give it one or 2 more events.

EDarkness

Been tackling the daily challenges and fighting the Nian beast has been fairly fun. Don't mind the exploration things, either.

Did a few pulls and got:

Daily free summon: Sazh
Ticket summon 1: Gold -> Agrias
Ticket summon 2: Gold -> Zidane

Ugh. I couldn't get Agrias for months...not even during her banner. In the past few days I've gotten three of them. It's insane. I needed Zidane's since I used up my last one getting Dual Wield. Sold that one, got another the other day. Today...I get another one. I guess it's good since I can use that third dual wield for some character I get in the future. Just kind of a bummer that I got two gold crystals today and no Ling. Oh well. Honestly, I don't need any more characters and I ended up getting Dark Fina the other day, so I'm set on 5* characters. Not sure what I could do with Yun if I got him.

Good thing is, I'm close to getting Rising Sun for CoD. Just need three more Trust Moogles! Gonna be nice to have a fairly tricked out CoD. Next, I'll work on Noctis after getting Dual Cast. Here's to the future, my friends.

Valentus

I love weekends because i have free time to get what i love most: videos and FFBE analysis!

So, the new batch of this week rankings are:

Remember, you can see the unit rankings in the FFBE playbook, and the explanation of why i ranked the units the way they are.

(can you update the unit explanation panther? pl0x buddy)

Anyway, in the meantime, heres the link to my ranking criteria

So, lets begin:

XIAO

Code:
Weapons: Fist
Armor: Hat, Clothes
Role in a Party: Damage dealer. Tank (sorta)

Code:
Pros:

+Good attack when max potted
+Self-sustaining unit, with good skills for healing HP/MP
+Can break ATK/DEF over the media (full break)
+Rockbreaker is an amazing skill to chain (instant animation and all hits are very close)
+Doesnt need weapons to do good damage
+Even with low MP, she doesnt need it because her skills are cheap
+Amazing HP
+Unleashed Chakra has a great sinergy with 2x Counter rate

Code:
Cons:

- Lack of equipment
- Equip a weapon on her is a big drawback
- The Unit with Full-TM gear isnt a big difference
- Her biggest skill (Unleashed Chakra) is suicidal if you dont have a party focused on support that skill alone

HP: 4089 - S
MP: 202 - D
ATK: 157 - B
DEF: 154 - A
MAG: 153 - B
SPR: 153 - B
Damage Skills: A
Support Skills: D
Buff Skills: C
Debuff Skills: A
Limit Break: B

OVERALL RANKING: A

Summary: Xiao is a very fun unit to use. Her big drawback is that a full TM equip Xiao isnt the beast you would expect to be, but with normal equip she is over the average of other equips. The lack of equip hurt her, but also you have good buffs for not have any weapon equipped. She has a very good HP, and with full HP equip, Xiao can reach 6.000+ HP, which is awesome with unchained chakra.

Also, unchained chakra is her big drawback because Berserk status doesnt let you do anything more than normal attacks, and also, Xiao attacks first before your party can do anything so you cant even chain those attacks.

Her Break skill is a really B-Plan when your main breaker cant perform full break (and even if you fight a physical enemy, Xiao can be your main breaker)

Xiao is a good unit to use but you need to plan her well, equip-wise.

LING

Code:
Weapons: Dagger
Armor: Hat, Clothes, Robes
Role in a Party: All-in-One support/debuff

PROS:

+Can refresh MP
+Can revive the entire party
+Can Break ATK/DEF or MAG/SPR
+Has Fast LB fill rate and Entrust
+Auto-Refresh
+Inmunity to dangerous ailments

Code:
CONS:

- MP refreshing is an active skill (so you must cast it all turns to refill party's MP)
- Breaks only last 2 turns (1 less than the minimun (full break, undermine)
- Lowest HP, DEF (and MAG, but thats irrelevant to this unit) in the entire game
- Lack of weapons to equip
- Even with highest MP pool of the game, falls short because her skills are too expensive

HP: 3155 - E
MP: 272 - SS
ATK: 150 - B
DEF: 122 - D
MAG: 130 - D
SPR: 141 - C
Damage Skills - C
Support Skills - SS
Buff Skills - D
Debuff Skills - A
Limit Break - S

OVERALL RANKING: S

Summary: Now Ling is a difficult unit to evaluate. Because she does all, but she doesnt do all perfect.

She can cure status? Yes, but CoD does it too and better

She can break? Yes, but dont break all stats, and for worse, her breaks last 2 turns, so you have only 1 free turn to do other actions before you need to cast a break again

She can heal MP? Yes, but you need to cast that skill all turns, because its not like Rosa's Bless that is a passive skill that last 3 turns

She can AoE revive? Yes, but when tilith gets her 6 star evolution...

And the stats. She is very weak. You need to give her big HP buff equips and materia to keep her rolling in harder content

Her 1000% normal attack is almost marginal because i dont see that real useful (and if she dies, i think that breaks the chain, and you have to start over again building to 1000%)

She is a good unit, but she cant have a primary role, but its amazing as a secondary support or debuff unit.

YUN

Weapons: Dagger, Whip, Mace, Fist
Armor: L.Shield, Hat, Clothes, L.Armor
Role in a Party: Damage Dealer

Code:
PROS:

+Big Damage dealer
+Easy to chain skills
+Inmunity to dangerous ailments
+Self-sustaining unit, thanks to chakra

CONS:

-Lack of more weapons

HP: 3915 - A
MP: 197 - D
ATK: 184 - SS
DEF: 150 - A
MAG: 136 - D
SPR: 142 - C
Damage Skills - SS
Support Skills - D
Buff Skills - D
Debuff Skills - D
Limit Break - A

OVERALL RANKING - SS

Summary: Little can be said about Yun. He is a Juggernaut, good HP, amazing ATK, a TM that benefits him totally, and his unique role is doing damage. Nothing more, nothing less. Yun is a better damage dealer Than Gilgamesh, but also lack "that skill" that ignores DEF or debuff elemental resistance. Not that he needs it, but it will be nice to have something like that in his arsenal.

Also, the lack of weapons can hurt him, but in general, Yun is the beast your party needs if you dont have Noctis or Gilgamesh.

Skii

Well used 8 tickets and got nothing. RIP.

Anyone know how I'm supposed to beat the Nian beast on pro or higher? Seems like taking Noctis for an easy win isnt working anymore lol.

Rixa

Well used 8 tickets and got nothing. RIP.

Anyone know how I'm supposed to beat the Nian beast on pro or higher? Seems like taking Noctis for an easy win isnt working anymore lol.

Can you post what you got, if there is some hidden gem that we might find?

Pachimari

So how exactly do I craft Ariana's gear? As I understand it, I need musical notes, but it keeps telling me I don't have enough even though I keep completing the Ariana event over and over again.

greyshark

So how exactly do I craft Ariana's gear? As I understand it, I need musical notes, but it keeps telling me I don't have enough even though I keep completing the Ariana event over and over again.

You get musical notes from the boss fight only I believe. The highest difficulty consistently gave me 1-2 IIRC.

Pachimari

You get musical notes from the boss fight only I believe. The highest difficulty consistently gave me 1-2 IIRC.
But it never adds those musical notes. I've completed the event more than 10 times yet I only got 4 musical notes. I haven't been able to craft any of her gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom