• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

H3xum

This banner translates into more TM's to add to the long list of TM's that need to be leveled lol.

What TMs do you still have in the wings? Just curious because I recently went through basically all of my essential TMs (DWs, DC, BMs, Sakafokasf, Excaliburs, etc) and am wondering what others have left. I am certain they are all dubs at this point? How many of what are you working on? My 3rd BM and 3rd DW were my motivating factor to keep playing the last month or so but now I am all MEH again

Finally, my friends. Took some Lapis refresh but I got most of it back via the reward anyway. Now I think I'll go back and try to finish off the Colosseum. INT S-4 so it will still be a bit I think.
SOWBTyl.png

What TMs do you still have in the wings? Just curious because I recently went through basically all of my essential TMs (DWs, DC, BMs, Sakafokasf, Excaliburs, etc) and am wondering what others have left. I am certain they are all dubs at this point? How many of what are you working on? My 3rd BM and 3rd DW were my motivating factor to keep playing the last month or so but now I am all MEH again

Working on my 2nd black cowl, my 2nd and 3rd Bracer, 2nd Seal of Destruction, and 2nd Sakurufubuki. All "Power House" TM's have been completed and my Noctis sits at 891 atk, it's now time for me to bring my other units up to speed. Aside from the aforementioned TM's I still have a bunch of caster TM's (letters and arms, additional mag +30's, MP +30's, Ribbons and status immunity TM's that I will need for Tilith whom I max potted already lol) that I need to work. I also have tank TM's I need to work on hp+30, etc. The back log is nuts. It's worse for me now that I'm no longer whaling and trying to save every damn lapis for Orlandu.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Finally, my friends. Took some Lapis refresh but I got most of it back via the reward anyway. Now I think I'll go back and try to finish off the Colosseum. INT S-4 so it will still be a bit I think.

Congrats! That can be nerve wrecking, especially when in the 90s and only opponents with Noctis are showing up on the list.

Alkez

Congrats! That can be nerve wrecking, especially when in the 90s and only opponents with Noctis are showing up on the list.

Especially with the crashes as well. They don't seem that common these days though. I can't remember the last time mine crashed (touch wood lol).

Pejo

Gold Member
So Leon's TM is a no-go for Noctis it seems, without heavy armor and losing either katana + Blade Mastery or 35% from great swords.

It seems like a no brainer for Luneth and Greg though. It will definitely give my team some depth

So Leon's TM is a no-go for Noctis it seems, without heavy armor and losing either katana + Blade Mastery or 35% from great swords.

It seems like a no brainer for Luneth and Greg though. It will definitely give my team some depth

My Greg will surely be rocking this if I'm lucky enough to pull Leon! Have a ton of atk pots that I was saving for someone but I just may use them on Greg instead.

creid

Wowwwww spent ~20 tickets over the last few days and this morning pulled a Randi. Been playing since launch without a base 5* until last week, and now I have 2 :)

Shouta

So JP event went this week got canned temporarily because of connection errors. The special summon with star quartz, and the role separate summon did too.

At least enhancements are available. Emperor is pretty fucking nuts now, lol. Like legit nuts. Tidus is pretty great as well. 720% Quick Trick is sick!

H3xum

So JP event went this week got canned temporarily because of connection errors. The special summon with star quartz, and the role separate summon did too.

At least enhancements are available. Emperor is pretty fucking nuts now, lol. Like legit nuts. Tidus is pretty great as well. 720% Quick Trick is sick!

Wait so it was you could pull units with SQ? I thought it was you just received SQ for attempting a pull....crazy.

I think I am going to pull this banner a little bit, with the DH buff and now a giant mage buff, I feel like they're going to try to move the meta

Whizkid7

I've been really slacking on Exvius as of late - largely ignored the Valentine event & SoM. Now I'm scrambling to at least get enough candy for the axe and finish ELT. I THINK my second attempt on ELT will be succesful - had last boss down under 15% before I ran out of steam. Lots of extra energy stored up too so I'll be pushing pretty hard (I hope).

Shouta

Wait so it was you could pull units with SQ? I thought it was you just received SQ for attempting a pull....crazy.

I think I am going to pull this banner a little bit, with the DH buff and now a giant mage buff, I feel like they're going to try to move the meta

No, you get Star Quartz when you summon using a ticket or lapis.

eggydoo

Tried ELT again with no good healer and lost again with abraxas having a sliver of hp. Oh well...I just need to max out Refia and get dualcast done and hopefully in the future I won't have issues with these type of bosses.
Tilith 6star can't come fast enough.

With this new axe coming is it worth it for me to get the Gigas Axe anymore?

I will hit 50k today and was planning to grab it, possibly for Firion or Mercedes.

Edit - Actaully have 52k already. Missing the Axe, Quartz and Megacites.

Should I get the axe? Maybe Megacite, Quartz and 6*Mats? Go for 70k and grab the second 10% Moogles?

Vote GAF!

Chinner

Banned
With this new axe coming is it worth it for me to get the Gigas Axe anymore?

I will hit 50k today and was planning to grab it, possibly for Firion or Mercedes.

Edit - Actaully have 52k already. Missing the Axe, Quartz and Megacites.

Should I get the axe? Maybe Megacite, Quartz and 6*Mats? Go for 70k and grab the second 10% Moogles?

Vote GAF!
I would skip it tbh. Buy other stuff,

I asked before but i don't think i got an answer. Selling a stack of candies (9999) gets you about 500,000 gold. Is that normal for an event currency? I pretty much doubled my gold as a day one player by just selling candies and that is quite absurd. To amass 4mil from playing day 1, to doubling that with this event is crazy.

It puts any other effort from gaining gold to shame. If event currency always sold for this much I know to never farm gold any other way.

Pejo

Gold Member
So I really overfarmed this mana event, as it turns out. Bought everything except the bow, whip, and those crappy MP+5%DEF/SPR materia. Even bought Randi's materia despite not getting him in my pulls, just as a reminder of the pain.

I'll still probably keep at it throughout the day and stock up on extras of 6* materials.

Going for 2 Leons on this banner, wouldn't mind an emporer though. Guy, while having a nice TM, I won't pull for unless I get him while trying to get 2 Leons.

Fuck, I just realized that Leon is the 4* base, not Guy.

Well, nuts.

I asked before but i don't think i got an answer. Selling a stack of candies (9999) gets you about 500,000 gold. Is that normal for an event currency? I pretty much doubled my gold as a day one player by just selling candies and that is quite absurd. To amass 4mil from playing day 1, to doubling that with this event is crazy.

It puts any other effort from gaining gold to shame. If event currency always sold for this much I know to never farm gold any other way.

Event currencies generally sell for lots of gold.

Regarding Panther, I'm on it now.

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Final_Fantasy_Brave_Exvius_Wiki

Alkez

I don't know any exact numbers but yes event currency always sells for a lot of Gil. Back during the Halloween event when we got more currency then I knew what to do with a farmed about 1.5 million Gil just for the sake of it.

Takuan

Bit of a shame Leonhart doesn't have a 6*. His sprite is pretty badass and I'd like to use him in my party.

Advice on pulling: I have ~15k lapis and maybe 70 tickets. Which do I use first? I'm stockpiling for Orlandu, so is the "correct" strategy to single ticket pull and save the lapis for 11-pulls (or as many 250 pulls when the banner hits)?

Xion86

Ah finally home and chilling out.
At work I've been trying to keep my NRG topped up so when I get home I can use the full bar TM farming. Basically doing all the daily quests (and not collecting the NRG rewards) and manual Earth Shrine runs to keep the NRG bar just under its max. Other than that, Arena runs and crafting for the two trophies I have left there that I might as well get out the way.

Looking forward to this new banner though :) I have 51 tickets, not sure how many I'll use up. I've actually not had a decent Daily pull in a very long time now too...
Firion is ready to be Awakened too.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Before Valentus gets to it, here are Marie's vitals per his ranking:

Marie
HP - 3874 (A)
MP - 267 (SS)
ATK - 144 (C)
DEF - 148 (B)
MAG - 157 (A)
SPR - 168 (A)

Guessing on these arbitrary:
DMG - none (D)
SUP - innate dualcast, but no healing, status effects, or tanking (D)
BUF - Focus, Elemental Buffs, more (SS)
DBF - Anti-Element, Imperil, counters with Punishment and Your Guardian (S)
LMB - (an elaborate 'reflect' spell)

But basically we're looking at our first SS-tier (I think) buff unit. She will be useful in a ton of boss battles very much like this Valentines event. Imagine how well she pairs with others (+Cecil +CoD -Refia) to create flexibility with your team. Amazing unit IMO.

/obviously not official but valentus you need to get ON IT

Pejo

Gold Member
1. Doesn't look like we've added anyone to our friends list in a couple weeks now: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zHYI3IyPPbO-Y-TTCbhebLdnHmv4Hs9P_skVOehyGlc/edit#gid=0 -- new people please make sure you're on here!

2. anyone notice exvius wiki has been down for a couple days?

for item 2, make sure you update bookmarks. The URL changed. It forwards correctly most of the time, but I ran into the same issue you did.

It's now here: http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Final_Fantasy_Brave_Exvius_Wiki

Rootbeer

Banned
Battlefield of Love ELT finished, first try! Shiny new ATK +15% for my Noctis.

Was pretty fun. Had just the right amount of difficulty for me. Took some prep and carefulness and a tiny, tiny bit of luck, but in the end it all went smoothly. This is how I like them to be... not so frustrating that I replay it 5 or more times without being able to complete it. Just hard enough to where you have to think more yet still have plenty of options to get the job done.

Now I just need to get cracking at March of the Beasts...

Congrats, Indigo and Creid!

FF2 finally hitting eh? No shine? Doh! That's the TM I wanted :( Would go so well for Noctis whereas Noctis can't capitalize on Leon's. I was hoping for a Shine and Leon banner so I could go for Shine and pickup a Leon or two in the process since he'd be great for a future 5* base DPS unit but I'm not going to solely for him without other units of interest on the banner. Oh well, bright side is that should mean that there's a better chance for getting Shine as he won't be thrown in with all these units and could be part of a smaller banner now. Or they can use him to add value to the Orlandu banner.... This should be another exploration event, right? They won't go straight from moogle king to moogle king so has to be. We'll likely get Type-0 part 2 next for when he returns. Then they can get ready for a St. Patricks day banner and come out with Orlandu after that perhaps.

Meanwhile, TM farming is going great, Sakurafabuki is in the 90's....soon, soon! This means I need to decide who I'll use the trust moogle we get at the end of the month on. Either Black Cowl which is the next furthest along so probably will do this or I could do one of the bracers. I also need to figure out who I want to move into the line up when Sakura finishes. Probably either Excal 2 or Sakura 2 for a future unit. Or I could do Rising Sun since I've kept CoD in over Chorizo due to utility. or Mag 30% for ExDeath or 30% HP for Refia or WoL....decisions decisions....thoughts?

I should be able to get the essentials before the Mana event rolls away but may have to sacrifice some 6* mats for the crown. We shall see.

Tried ELT again with no good healer and lost again with abraxas having a sliver of hp. Oh well...I just need to max out Refia and get dualcast done and hopefully in the future I won't have issues with these type of bosses.
Tilith 6star can't come fast enough.

What's your team? Abraxas ELT was the first boss I couldn't just easily brute force my way through with my usual team. ExDeath was dead weight and after a couple attempts I came to the conclusion that I needed proper SPR defense buffs. I swapped Ex out for good ole Vaan who I hadn't used in ages for Focus and also he can equip the baras to free up Refia a bit. Stacking Focus, firabara, blizabarra, and omni veil (and later Embolden) made a joke of his attacks and I was able to go ham on him with my attacks and hit the new threshold each time to mitigate some of what he'd normally do. Refia was free to simply heal and it made such a huge difference. Beat him on the first try doing this and so the moral of this story is to make sure you have sufficient defensive buffs. My team normally just focuses on offensive buffs but this fight requires a mix up.

Muku

Firion is going to be the bane of my existence on this banner. I could NOT pull him until day 1 of Valentine's Day banner. What a damn jerk. Now he's going to be flooding my box. And what a crappy TM he has.

Firion is going to be the bane of my existence on this banner. I could NOT pull him until day 1 of Valentine's Day banner. What a damn jerk. Now he's going to be flooding my box. And what a crappy TM he has.

If only you could just absorb his TM rather than equip it it'd be awesome for Noctis...Not wasting a precious ability slot for that though.

Muku

Sorry :( You'll pull him when going for someone else like Orlandu
BELIEVE

I'd actually want a Orlandu... so that probably would happen. Even still, I wouldn't turn down Noctis. Best unit I have is Luneth. He can't pull the weight all by himself. :(

eggydoo

What's your team? Abraxas ELT was the first boss I couldn't just easily brute force my way through with my usual team. ExDeath was dead weight and after a couple attempts I came to the conclusion that I needed proper SPR defense buffs. I swapped Ex out for good ole Vaan who I hadn't used in ages for Focus and also he can equip the baras to free up Refia a bit. Stacking Focus, firabara, blizabarra, and omni veil (and later Embolden) made a joke of his attacks and I was able to go ham on him with my attacks and hit the new threshold each time to mitigate some of what he'd normally do. Refia was free to simply heal and it made such a huge difference. Beat him on the first try doing this and so the moral of this story is to make sure you have sufficient defensive buffs. My team normally just focuses on offensive buffs but this fight requires a mix up.

CoD, a lvl 80 refia, tilith, dark fina, 500atk Noctis + friend noctis

Don't have a Cecil..only other tank I have is charlotte.

I do pretty well until he starts casting death on my team and then it's a struggle to keep people alive, even using comeback with Noctis. Using Omniveil(cod) or Rainbowveil (Tilith). Refia doing embolden or curaja. Tilith healing as needed as well and sometimes celestial to boost all stats. I try to keep up using Comeback from Noctis, but ends up being a losing battle in the end. I haven't tried stacking rainbowveil with any other bara's yet though.

Selner

With my lapis saving I'm around 11k saved. I should probably do two 11 pulls, but it sounds like the current banners might not be worth pulling on? I'm still pretty new, so I'm still working my way through the story content.

Also, Ariana needs special stuff to evolve. That special stuff ever going to be available? Or do I have her stuck at 4*?

I have a bunch of 3* characters from random ticket pulls. I should check out the character rankings to see if any are worth keeping.

Ken

o ya i forgot excal is a GS

rip in riperoni

i dont think i have any sword users then lol :(

robotuw

With the recent shuffling of banners Gumi is doing I'm now thinking they will shove another 5* base onto the Orlandu banner. Bonus points if it's actually amazing.

Also, Ariana needs special stuff to evolve. That special stuff ever going to be available? Or do I have her stuck at 4*?

Unfortunately you are probably sol here. Her awakening materials were only available during her event and there's no indication there will ever be another way to get them.

Pejo

Gold Member
Man, I was looking at the latest rankings on the wiki, and we sure have not gotten a lot of hot non- 5* base mages. Especially ones that are 6* capable.

There's Exdeath, then the next best is probably Ariana or Primm. Kinda crazy when you consider the number of good physical attackers we've received by now. (Chiz, Xaiou, C. Artemos, Mercedes, Bartz and soon Firion). I love my current team to death, but I'm getting bored using the same team for everything and I'm interested in trying out some mage stuff. If I had to build a 1 round KO team right now it'd be Cecil or Vaan for Focus/Full Break, then Exdeath, Ariana, Kefka, and Arc.

Maybe I should have tried harder for Dark Fina.

eggydoo

Maybe I should have tried harder for Dark Fina.

Got lucky and pulled her with daily half....i like her alot in arena.
I've had some matches where her counter AOE attack proc'd 2-3 times wiping some of the other team's weaker units before I even had a turn :-D

But it was also frustrating during the Nian Event where I edged the Nian Beast so I can kill it with item, esper, etc and it procs and she kills him :-(

Thanks all! It was nerve wracking haha

I'll be honest. I've waited so damn long for Firion 6*. He was the first really decent unit I got way back. Fuck yea!

tuffymon

Battlefield of Love ELT finished, first try! Shiny new ATK +15% for my Noctis.

Was pretty fun. Had just the right amount of difficulty for me. Took some prep and carefulness and a tiny, tiny bit of luck, but in the end it all went smoothly. This is how I like them to be... not so frustrating that I replay it 5 or more times without being able to complete it. Just hard enough to where you have to think more yet still have plenty of options to get the job done.

Now I just need to get cracking at March of the Beasts...

I think you'll be fine, I felt Love ELT was harder~

That reminds me, awesome news that WoL becomes an even better tank with enhancements, some vindication for using him over Cecil...kinda haha One day I'll get around to maxing Cecil out. At first I held off to level his LB but don't know that I care to at 5* level, should call it a day and just level and awaken him. I haven't been too motivated since I know WoL will get his 6* soon and I haven't struggled with him in.

CoD, a lvl 80 refia, tilith, dark fina, 500atk Noctis + friend noctis

Don't have a Cecil..only other tank I have is charlotte.

I do pretty well until he starts casting death on my team and then it's a struggle to keep people alive, even using comeback with Noctis. Using Omniveil(cod) or Rainbowveil (Tilith). Refia doing embolden or curaja. Tilith healing as needed as well and sometimes celestial to boost all stats. I try to keep up using Comeback from Noctis, but ends up being a losing battle in the end. I haven't tried stacking rainbowveil with any other bara's yet though.

That's not too different from my team composition. I use Noctis-WoL-CoD-Refia-ExDeath normally but as I stated in the last post, swapped Ex for Vaan this fight. My Refia has DC but you using Tilith should make up for missing that a bit and you're just losing out on a tank to bring her in and I'm not sure how useful WoL really was in that fight to be honest.

The move you think is death is actually a move called "Swallow" and it's triggered on the third round if you use magic that round. I'm guessing you use magic every round with Dark Fina so that'd be the cause but I believe he uses it on the fourth round regardless unless you hit his next health threshold. That's what I meant by bypassing some of his abilities by hitting his different thresholds in my last post. He will bombard you with AoEs when you hit the new threshold and put negative buffs on you but if you have your defense buffs up, no biggie and you can use comeback with CoD to take care of the status effects. So basically the lesson is to put up defensive buffs BEFORE hitting the next health threshold and then try to qucikly DPS him to the next threshold before he does that "Swallow" attack. You can buy yourself an extra round before he does it by not casting offensive magic on him on the third round as I mentioned before. Also, don't use Limit Bursts or Espers on him as this triggers "Magic Breath" or something along those lines. For prep work, make sure you have the -ara spells for fire and ice, those are the only two elements he uses. Craft them if you don't already have them and get them on someone that can use green magic. All the better if it's someone that isn't a healer. CoD can but it's nice if you have someone else that can do it so she can focus on Omniveil but if it has to be her, so be it.

So first round, cast the two -ara spells and omniveil. If Refia isn't casting an -ara spell you can have her use embolden. I don't have a Tilith but if she can equip the -ara spells, perfect, you already know what to do this round with her but if she can't and has a SPR buff ability or elemental protection ability, use that. If you manage to get both -ara spells on and omni-veil, go ahead and have both Noctis' Warp Break and Fina do whatever her strongest attack is. If those three knock him into his next threshold right off the bat which I believe is at 60%, great! You should be able to weather the storm of attacks he does with those buffs and now won't deal with swallow for that first threshold. If you can't get both -ara spells and omniveil up on the first round because one person has both -ara spells, go soft on the initial attack so you can make sure to have all buffs up before the threshold break. You can maybe use the ability Noctis has for hp and mp regen party wide and just have one attack along with Fina.

Second round, if you don't have all buffs up finish that up, heal, and attack hard with everyone else. If you do have all the buffs up then you can just heal and go all out with everyone else trying to get to his final threshold before he can use Swallow.

From here it's just a matter of making sure all your buffs are up at all times, keep everyone healed and other wise DPS the hell out of him until dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom