• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

Just bought both First Strike and HP 15%. All that is left is maybe the pots, elixirs, and the like which are low. And then the Poaches. Not sure how many of those to get. How many has everyone else gotten?

Awww EDarkness and Muku both getting old men is adorable <3

He didn't want to be outdone by me. ;)

New topic name should be
[OT5] it's not my fault i'm not like orlandeu
A15008-1451129919.1370526721.jpg

Prototype

Going from raid + event to now is such a change. Don't have to babysit the game as much tho, which is nice.

Wonder what the next set of units will be. Hoping for Agaris and WoL upgrades.

Muku

So many Orlandus in GAF. Congratulations to everyone, especially to you Muku :).

Haha, thank you. Got him day 1. Pulled hard. :( Spent all my tickets with nothing to show for it. All the 10+1 talk that day about GAF guys getting him in that, I did one and bam. GAF lead me straight. I shoulda just saved my tickets. LOL.

Fortunately today my husband got one. It's always fun when he pulls a Rainbow because it kind of scratches my itch too, hahaha.

Xion86

Tidus? I'll be saving up for Cloud instead :p that will be the next time I buy lapis.

Mainly been doing the Event today with no refreshes. Got everything I want so just grabbing a few more of the expensive materials (10-20) for a top up on ones I'm low on.

Muku

Tidus? I'll be saving up for Cloud instead :p that will be the next time I buy lapis.

Mainly been doing the Event today with no refreshes. Got everything I want so just grabbing a few more of the expensive materials (10-20) for a top up on ones I'm low on.

I want Cloud, but you know damn well Cloud is the next Orlandu. Except worse. We'll get Cloud in about 10 to 15..... years.

Edit: How many Poaches did everyone else buy? They're the last thing to buy. Just bought all the pots and elixirs. :3

Decided to do some TMs even though I said I wasn't going to for awhile but nothing else to do sooooo. Will have Quick Assualt # 4 and 5, Genji Glove #2, Mateus's Malice # 2 (DW Dark Fina incoming) and Ring of Lucii #2. After that I truly don't have anything else to get unless I want more Quick Assaults and shit I won't use. Dragon Quest if we get it is probably the banner that I will start to farm them again.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Probably going to save for the FFX banner.

Should be 2 months out.

Next Mog King should be the DQ one, so I'm going to go in a bit for that one too. Same with the VI for a Sezter or two.

EDarkness

Heh, Cloud would be awesome, but we're not getting him anytime soon. I've wanted to have Tidus on my team since I started this game, so I'm hoping I get him when he's announced. Gonna be saving up for that chance.

What's everyone else looking forward to? I just want to get some 6* versions of some of my characters (Terra, WoL, and Garland).

Kouriozan

Problem with Global Noctis is that he'll get different enhancements than in JP (and hopefully sooner too)
Would be nice to upgrade his break to -45% (like in JP un-enhanced) and give him back "Zero-distance Shift Break" (see here), it's a skill he gets for one turn after each Point Warp or Warp Break.

Code:
Noctis mainly uses 'Shift Break', which your standard ST Def ignore spammable nuke which comes with ATK/DEF Break. 
[B]Using 'Shift Break' will allow him to use "Zero-distance Shift Break' which is the huge Def Ignore Nuke, which still comes with the ATK/DEF Breaks. [/B]
Using his Jump (Map Shift) will also allow him access to "Zero-Distance Shift Break". 
It's a 1-turn jump that restores his HP and MP. He also has 'Parry' that allows him to evade Phys AND Mag attacks as well as counter physical attacks and restore his own HP as he does.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
1. You don't want Noctis' enhancements earlier. The later they come, the better they will be and more in line with JPN. Earlier, means different, later would mean closer to JPN's.

2. Noctis still above Orlandu. Orlandu is a pure one trick pony, the best in the game easily. But Noctis is still that full package that evaluates every aspect on a team. Offensive, Defense, Support, and Healing. Need Damage? Need Break? Need MP? Need Provoke? Elements? He's got you all being completely self sufficient and great defense.

I feel like Orlandu is better for a team whose made it already and just wants to start using godlike chains, Noctis is better for everyone else. It's basically the F2P vs P2P argument.

Decided to do some TMs even though I said I wasn't going to for awhile but nothing else to do sooooo. Will have Quick Assualt # 4 and 5, Genji Glove #2, Mateus's Malice # 2 (DW Dark Fina incoming) and Ring of Lucii #2. After that I truly don't have anything else to get unless I want more Quick Assaults and shit I won't use. Dragon Quest if we get it is probably the banner that I will start to farm them again.

I'm taking a break too. It's actually quite nice. I haven't TM farmed in a week or two, and I don't see myself going back unless I need something. 20-Sided Die would be nice, but it's not essential yet.

Kouriozan

Well I personally think that the Emperor enhancements are pretty bad, probably the weakest 5* mage even after he got them, despite JP getting them in February (there are un-enhanced 4* mage above him on Altema!)
Well there is still hope that Gumi will add exclusive enhancements like they added exclusive Global skills for DKCecil and others.

Vamphuntr

Burned my 30k lapis on the FFT Banner and still got no base 5* welp I'm out. This game has awful odds. Never got any base 5* since I started playing when the game launched haha.

Xion86

Guess I gotta farm Noctis TM one day or another so my Emperor actually gets a strong AoE.

Yeah I should get his TM sometime too. Maybe after I'm done with Shine.

I can't wait for a Black Mage to replace Exdeath. Not as keen on the character, and have a personal grudge as I couldn't defeat him in FFV when I got to him, and had to backtrack all the way to the world map to get my team sorted for a few days before having a rematch! Only finished it for the first time a few weeks ago.

tuffymon

Yeah I should get his TM sometime too. Maybe after I'm done with Shine.

I can't wait for a Black Mage to replace Exdeath. Not as keen on the character, and have a personal grudge as I couldn't defeat him in FFV when I got to him, and had to backtrack all the way to the world map to get my team sorted for a few days before having a rematch! Only finished it for the first time a few weeks ago.

Grats on that, did you get the cool extra bonus during the last boss fight?
Having Gilgamesh show up and put a whooping on Exdeath and some extra combat talk

Kouriozan

TM update, that was 2 weeks ago
I'm still working on my 3rd Dual Wield and didn't even start my second Excalibur, but right now I need to finish :

Zidane - 18,7% DW #3, have a 4th Zidane at 13;9%
Snow - 75,4% Champion Belt #2
Ramza - 57,2% Brave Suit #2
Karl - 71,1% Seal of Destruction, got a second Karl at 69%
Ludmille - 35,4% Dual Cast #2

Then I got Black Cowl #2, Excalibur #2, Ribbon #1 (have 5 Kefka, will probably try to get 2) to work for, those are my most "urgent" TMs to get for now, at least until Dragon Quest event.

And now

w0nPf33l.png

Doing this because I need to rank what TM to prioritize. Like I still haven't done any Shantotto's one and have to get ready for event where physical get resisted.

So : Ring of Lucii / Mateus Rod / 1 Ribbon (for now) / at least 1 MAG +30% for trying to make my Emperor useful / Excalibur 2 for when I get a good DPS to chain with.

I also have loads of Chizuru for Blade Mastery 2 and maybe 3 and way later Dual Wield 4, guess I'm perfectly fine not pulling for TM for 3 months haha.

Celegus

Doing this because I need to rank what TM to prioritize. Like I still haven't done any Shantotto's one and have to get ready for event where physical get resisted.

That's what I've been doing as well. Sure mages aren't great for day to day stuff, but we've all seen how important they can be for certain trials and events. Vanille's TM is almost done and Emperor's just finished, probably gonna run 5 Shantottos soon to just get one of those at least, as I'd imagine we'll have better than just 30% MAG materia eventually.

all tmrs all the time!

nice to not be glued to my phone grinding raid and events for awhile

ill catch up on the story missions tuesday thru thursday i think

pumped to see what banner is next

Syntsui

TM update, that was 2 weeks ago

And now

w0nPf33l.png

So : Ring of Lucii / Mateus Rod / 1 Ribbon (for now) / at least 1 MAG +30% for trying to make my Emperor useful / Excalibur 2 for when I get a good DPS to chain with.

I also have loads of Chizuru for Blade Mastery 2 and maybe 3 and way later Dual Wield 4, guess I'm perfectly fine not pulling for TM for 3 months haha.
Funny how they changed Zidane's name in the french version considering one of the most famous french is Zidane lol.

all tmrs all the time!

nice to not be glued to my phone grinding raid and events for awhile

ill catch up on the story missions tuesday thru thursday i think

pumped to see what banner is next

It's nice to not even care what's coming until FFX. I think. Unless Gumi throws us for a loop.

My in-game goals are basically to level Minfilia, Yoshi, and Lasswell to 100; max out my remaining espers; and get the Ruler's Ring recipe (2 trophies away).

What about everyone else?

across

It's nice to not even care what's coming until FFX. I think. Unless Gumi throws us for a loop.

My in-game goals are basically to level Minfilia, Yoshi, and Lasswell to 100; max out my remaining espers; and get the Ruler's Ring recipe (2 trophies away).

I went hard on the Dunes when they were up, so I have no one pressing to level (Y'shtola does not interest me, though I made her gear just in case). It's just idle TM farming for me - I'm grinding Letters & Arms x4 for 812 MAG Exdeath just as a laugh. And Orlandeau is in the fifth position because Spirit Blade might be fun in Arena and there's nothing pressing to farm.

I'm sitting tight on all my resources, barring a GL exclusive swerve, until FF6, where I plan on going for Esper Terra. I want a good 5* mage, metagame be damned, and Dark Fina doesn't seem like she'll be back for a while.

Malakhov

Banned

TMs, finished a dark knights soul and two champion's belts this weekend. Now started 5 shines.

After that I will do some tms I've been putting aside for too long. 5 kefkas for a ribbon, 5 celes for a Minerva bustier, 5 zidanes for a fourth dual wield, 5 ludmilles for a second dual cast, 4 hayates for second black cowl, 5 Cecils for a second Excalibur, 5 refias and 5 arcs are the ones on the top of my head.

I want to clean some unit spaces, its too crowded in there and been that way for too long.

Also waiting for the dunes to level up Marie.

Muku

Awww Indigo Cyclops, you want to be friends with my fail alt account? LOL aww. <3 My Delita is at least worth something, which is the only thing worth a damn on my account which is why I share him

Lyrian

Gumi throwing Global for another loop is among the most "sure things" that's ever going to happen in this game.

Gumi has preexisting knowledge of what units were popular in Japan and which were not. Adjustments will be made and global exclusives will be inserted when long periods of time between chase units occur.

Still playing catch-up with this event, as I skipped the first 3 days to farm Dunes and another day to do the new story content. Even then, I'm like 85+% done with the event. Would be done, except that for some reason I hit a dry spell of no chocobo runs today.

Only have Lasswell and Y'sh to level at the moment.

Working on a set of Refias when I finish. Is there a reasonable case for 2 Mentalities versus 1 in the long run?

across

Working on a set of Refias when I finish. Is there a reasonable case for 2 Mentalities versus 1 in the long run?

Mentality to me seems like a great TM for a tank. WoL's MP use is pretty heavy (but he also has a 30% chance to regenerate 25% of his MP when he gets hit with magic) so throwing one or two on him maybe wouldn't be a bad call?

Just depends on what else you have in the queue. I've pulled several Refias and just merged them all because I doubt I'll ever make more than one.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Luka's TM is basically the same as Refia's. Less SPR, More MP + some Water Resistance. Add that in, where if you're sitting on 2 or 3 of her. Just get one of each and you have two.

I feel like you only have a spot for one, maybe two on a healer anyways. Refia is needing a spot for DC and you want at least two to have HP + One of the three other stats(SPR, MP, or MP Refresh). The materia slots are where the majority of your HP+ is going to come from. So two pure SPR/MP items will gimp you considerably.

across

Luka's TM is basically the same as Refia's. Less SPR, More MP + some Water Resistance. Add that in, where if you're sitting on 2 or 3 of her. Just get one of each and you have two.

I feel like you only have a spot for one, maybe two on a healer anyways. Refia is needing a spot for DC and you want at least two to have HP + One of the three other stats(SPR, MP, or MP Refresh). The materia slots are where the majority of your HP+ is going to come from. So two pure SPR/MP items will gimp you considerably.

Yup. I wouldn't put any of the "healer" TMs on an actual healer, at least right now. That's why Y'shtola's TM looks not particularly interesting to me past maybe the first one. Though it would be funny on WoL if you had Marie's TM to pair it with...

Ken

where would you rate santa roselia's TMR among healer TMRs?

Increase HP/MP (15%) and SPR (20%)

after i finish my hill diggers im gonna start making some healer TMRs

Lyrian

Mentality to me seems like a great TM for a tank. WoL's MP use is pretty heavy (but he also has a 30% chance to regenerate 25% of his MP when he gets hit with magic) so throwing one or two on him maybe wouldn't be a bad call?

Just depends on what else you have in the queue. I've pulled several Refias and just merged them all because I doubt I'll ever make more than one.

Yup. I wouldn't put any of the "healer" TMs on an actual healer, at least right now. That's why Y'shtola's TM looks not particularly interesting to me past maybe the first one. Though it would be funny on WoL if you had Marie's TM to pair it with...

The other day there was a very serious assertion forwarded on Reddit that actually gained considerable traction doing just that. The argument being that as WoL can wear robes and that he has generally high DEF, so he can considerably benefit from Shard of Genius to help him better be a SPR tank and make up the DEF difference from wearing a robe.

Only sitting on 2 Lukas, but have 5 Refias.

As is the case of most 4* bases, you need a lot of TMs to plug utility holes on those units. DC takes 1 slot, H Shield takes another slot, a good HP booster takes the 3rd slot... which doesn't really leave a whole lot of room for maneuverability on her.

I was thinking about someone else besides the primary healer of the recipient of the 2nd Mentality, but I suppose I could either do the Shard of Genius thing or Luka's TM if it really came down to it on another unit.

across

The other day there was a very serious assertion forwarded on Reddit that actually gained considerable traction doing just that. The argument being that as WoL can wear robes and that he has generally high DEF, so he can considerably benefit from Shard of Genius to help him better be a SPR tank and make up the DEF difference from wearing a robe.

I read that post. I'm still not sure what I think about it. I can maybe come around to devoting one ability slot to it, but there's a tradeoff in weapons (10/15% HP from Survival Edges/Gigantaxe, 44 DEF from Winged Saint) and armor (not so much the DEF differential as the lack of +50% targetted resists).

I suppose it's a good option to have available. I won't be bothering to TM my second Y'shtola to stack it, though.

Malakhov

Banned
Are the upcoming 4* chainers (setzer etc..) any good while chaining with Orlandu or they chain with themselves only?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just realized that we dont get Lapis as a clearing Reward for new Story stages anymore....but Potions, Tent etc. - thats bad :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom