• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstevens

Is there a good resource to find out BiS items for different characters (as well as the 2nd or 3rd best alternatives if I don't have those TMs yet?) I have my plan for my two physical DPS, but I'm not quite sure how to outfit my healer and tank yet and they're still using store bought items.

Question for anyone

I'm still fairly early in the game and came back to it recently (just got Ifrit summon). My team right now consists of Exdeath(3*), Bartz(3*), Cecil(3*), DK Cecil (5*), and Garnet (4*). I recently did the daily pull and got Agrias who's like, my favorite FFT character. I'd really like to use her on my team, but don't know who i should sub out for her. I know definitely not Exdeath or Garnet since they're my BLM/Healer, and probably not DK Cecil since he's a 5* and has the highest DPS of my characters, but are Bartz or Cecil worth subbing out for her?

desverger

Is there a good resource to find out BiS items for different characters (as well as the 2nd or 3rd best alternatives if I don't have those TMs yet?) I have my plan for my two physical DPS, but I'm not quite sure how to outfit my healer and tank yet and they're still using store bought items.

That kind of a list would be difficult to complete since most of the BiS items come from events, with the exception of a few staples like the Black Cowl or Bracer, and even these are TMRs. For example the current event has a very good katana as a reward.

If you've been participating in the events and buying the gear from them, you most likely have the BiS gear available for you. Outside of those items, everyone is most like using stuff like, Hero Rings, Tiger Masks and Black Belt Gis.

Question for anyone

I'm still fairly early in the game and came back to it recently (just got Ifrit summon). My team right now consists of Exdeath(3*), Bartz(3*), Cecil(3*), DK Cecil (5*), and Garnet (4*). I recently did the daily pull and got Agrias who's like, my favorite FFT character. I'd really like to use her on my team, but don't know who i should sub out for her. I know definitely not Exdeath or Garnet since they're my BLM/Healer, and probably not DK Cecil since he's a 5* and has the highest DPS of my characters, but are Bartz or Cecil worth subbing out for her?
Remove bartz for now..
But please consider that from my 3 months experience, mages
Pro
1) great burst
2) early power spike without tmr

Cons
1) not sustainable If the fight lasta more than a few rounds
2) even fully decked they will be strictly inferior to a melee dps with top line tmr
3) no chain, no gain

I have both dark fina (2) and emperor, but olive is my main dps and i can't find a valid reason to run dual dark fina.... Heck, emperor is benched..

Side topic..

Agrias --> wol (when he gets 6*)
Dark fina
Olive
Ramza
Last spot.. Firion? Seven? Emperor? Other dark fina? Y'shtola set ad a magic dps?

Unfortunately i've yet to drop a valid second physical dps oriented to chain...

Alternatiely, i've got 4xedgar and 2xluna for chainsaw chaining into olive..
Would that be better?

Xion86

Yey, got a second Excalibur now which I'll give back to Noctis (as Orlandeau took his...).

viVxZlzl.png

(Fused 3 together)

Finally going to get my first Ribbon next (got Shine, Shine, Kefka, Kefka, Kefka in the team).

Muku

Question for anyone

To be honest, depending on what you're running, you won't always need a tank/healer. Especially for the story stuff.

tuffymon

Pffft 425?

My 516 atk shadow Will Kick your ass

Depends... Do I get to attack first? My 12 hit sword dance absolutely wrecks lower content, kinda sad that no-one else but her has it... on a serious note, dagger limitation for her hurts a lot, vs your katana and I'm sure you had blade mastery ;P

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
First set of Shines are done to tomorrow, going back to C.Luna Bracer's next or a Soilel TM just to clear room.

c-murph

Just got lucky with the last three Tactic Banner runs... Got two red and a black chocobo, then three black chocobo, then two reds and a yellow chocobo. The only thing I have left to buy that I want is the katana.

Muku

Picked up Mag 15% an hour ago. Now to nab the 15% HP and some Poaches.

Is First Strike worth it? Thinking about picking that up last.

I've gotten everything I've wanted and more in this. I think only thing I'll get after the above is all the potions, elixirs, etc. Haven't bothered in a bit for them, so probably a good time to pick more up.

Muku

Whaaaaaat yes first strike is waaaay higher priority than hp or mp 15%!! Make sure you get it!

Oh, I'm going to easily get it. So not worried about it. Building up currency like a mofo. I'll probably continue after I get everything as well just for selling for dat cash.

Sigh. Did daily pull on alt. Blue -> Gold..... Soleil. I could really use something on that Gumi. ;_; I've got no tickets, extremely little lapis left. Just been trying to pull SOMETHING to help it out. Not likely at this point. Haven't gotten tickets on it yet, but I will. Probably spend them right off the bat hoping for something that won't yield anything. Guess I at least have new story for Lapis for it.

I've burned everything I have on it in the last month hoping for anything. So glad it's my alt because if it was my main I'd have quit.

Chinner

Banned
guys i have noctis (fully tmed out) and luneth? should i delete this account and pull for orlandu as he is the greatest unit of all time?

c-murph

Oh man, just ran into another two more sets of red chocobos again this morning. Bought the katana and now I'm about half way to the 30k TM Mog and I'm done. This event was a breeze. Dammit GUMI make'm all this way!

EDIT: Make that three sets of chocobos now...

EDIT2: Make that four and I'm done.

Celegus

Yeah I've been burning through lapis lately doing TMs. Got Emperor's done and a few around 80%. Don't mind the "break" at all either :)

Valentus

Rating time!!!

We have 5 units to add to the GAF Playbook. So lets take a look of them now!

Remember you can check GAF's 6 star ranking in the GAF Playbook

Also, you can check my ranking criteria here, or look in the GAF Playbook

Lets Begin:

SOLEIL

Code:
Weapons: Dagger, Staff,Rod, Whip, Projectile
Armor: Hat, Clothes, Robe
Role in a Party: Buffer,

Code:
Pros:

+ Very high Stat modifiers (60%)
+ High MP,DEF,SPR
+ Inmunity against ailments that could disable her for dancing
+ Her exclusive Materia is good for AoE esuna and also cure disease.

Code:
Cons:

- Her buffs lasts only for 1 turn
- Bad HP
- SPR and MP stats almost useless for her because she will be all the time dancing

HP : 3582 - C
MP : 257 - S
ATK: 139 - D
DEF: 145 - B
MAG: 147 - C
SPR: 167 - A
Damage Skills: D
Support Skills: D
Buff Skills: A
Debuff Skills: D
Limit Break: C

OVERALL RANKING: C

Theres not much to say about soleil. Her only role is to buff the party's stats each turn by 60%. The problem is that you can only buff 1 stat per dance and only the buff last 1 turn.

Her materia is really good. The problem is that is a limite time item and if you draw a Soleil in the future and you dont bought her materia now, you lose about 30% of Soleil usefulness.

With Ariana Grande released (that has half of soleil's buffs) and Ramza's enhacements to come very soon. Soleil is a waste of space and time in your inventory. Dont mind in leveling her. Its not worth.

MINFILIA

Code:
Weapons: Dagger, Sword, Staff, Whip
Armor: Hat, Clothes, Robe
Role in a Party: Support,Buffer

Code:
Pros:

+ Free Unit
+ Elemental Resistance for each element AoE +70%
+ Can boost ATK/MAG and DEF/SPR (40%) to all allies, and also +100% to a single stat to a single ally
+ Can cure all ailments to a single ally
+ Her materia can give her a counter curaja
+ Very good exclusive equipment
+ Inmune to all status ailments
+ Very good limit burst

Code:
Cons:

- Very low HP
- Cant equip Shields
- Her elemental resistance skills cant be dualcasted
- Doesnt have fast LB fill to use better her LB

HP : 3305 - D
MP: 228 - B
ATK: 142 - C
DEF: 140 - B
MAG: 142 - C
SPR: 170 - S
Damage Skills: D
Support Skills: S
Buff Skills: S
Debuff Skills: D
Limit Break: A

OVERALL RANKING: S

Minfilia is the complete package if we look at it as a free unit. She has very good skillset for support. She has elemental resistance (70%) to all elements, including dark and holy that until minfilia, only with Cerius you can get good dark resistance (50%) or with Marie for a good holy/dark resistance (50%)

Also, its not a niche unit because she also can buff the party's ATK/MAG by 40% and DEF/SPR by 40%. Also she can buff a single stat (ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR) by 100% to one ally. Thats the highest buff you can get pre-enhaced ramza.

Her exclusive materia can give minfilia a chace to counter a physical attack with curaja, so her high innate SPR helps a lot too.

And her LB is the same as Cecil's (in the same values of stat boost)

But being a free unit has drawbacks too. All of her skillset cant be dualcasted, contrary to Marie for example. so you cant cast double element protection with Minfilia in the same turn.

Also Minfilia's HP is low, so she could be a little squishy... But that can be compensated with her exclusive equipment that is very nice.

Its sad that Minfilia is a limited time unit, because she and yshtola are the best units a new player can get to progress in the game nice and smooth.

LASSWELL

Code:
Weapons: Sword, G.Sword, Katana
Armor: L.Shield, Helm, Clothes, L.Armor, H.Armor
Role in a Party: Damage Dealer

Code:
Pros:

+ Free unit
+ Can reduce ice resistance by 50%

Code:
Cons:

- Low stats overall
- Doesnt have a good damaging skill

HP : 3444 - D
MP: 195 - D
ATK: 159 - B
DEF: 133 - C
MAG: 142 - C
SPR: 122 - D
Damage Skills: C
Buff Skills: D
Debuff Skills: C
Limit Break: B

OVERALL RANKING: D

Its sad what gumi did (right now, before the protagonist's trials) with Lasswell. Watching Brave Exvius main story, you can see Lasswell as a really badass unit (specially in Olderion city attack), but you can see his unit and...

What the fuck.

He can debuff the enemy's ice resistance by 50%, but then his only ice element skill is a dual element attack (ice/wind) so that attack wont do +50% damage because of the ice element debuff, instead it only will do +25% because theres also wind in it (50%(ice) + 0% (wind))/2 (number of elements present) = 25%).... WHAT THE HELL?!?!

I cant say more about lasswell... Trash unit. Cone fina has a new friend.

YSHTOLA

Code:
Weapons: Staff, Rod, Hammer
Armor: L.Shield, Hat, Clothes, Robe
Role in a Party: Healer,Buffer,Magic Damage

Code:
Pros:

+ Free Unit
+ Very High MP & SPR
+ Auto Refresh
+ Innate Camouflage
+ Can full heal a single ally
+ Innate Dualcast
+ Can buff her MAG +200%
+ Can buff her SPR +100% (with her special materia)
+ Holy, Wind and Stone magic (good for gilgamesh trial)
+ Very good exclusive Equipment
+ Can equip Light Shields
+ Can be used for elemental chaining
+ Limit break can reduce damage effect like golem esper.

Code:
Cons:

- Low HP & MAG
- Doesnt Have innate resistance to ailments
- Zero innate stats boosts

HP: 3419 - D
MP: 275 - SS
ATK: 141 - C
DEF: 136 - C
MAG: 148 - C
SPR: 174 - S
Damage Skills: C
Support Skills: S
Buff Skills: A
Debuff Skills: C
Limit Break: S

OVERALL RANKING: SS

The debate about if Yshtola is a better healer than refia is something that has been in the table since the moment FF14 raid was announced.

Its true if we only simplify things about full-raise and Embolden, Refia wins, but there so much things that Y'shtola can do and Refia cant.

1.- Refia to be on par with Y'Shtola, needs dualcast materia. And dualcast puts Refia with only 3 materia slots left, compared with Yshtola that had her 4 slots intact. Yshtola has the materia advantage over refia. With that you can adjust Yshtola to the situation better than refia.

2.- Refia has innate status ailments resistance. Yshtola not. But if the situation requires it, you can use Seven's Materia... If the enemy doesnt require ailment resistant, you dont equip nothing and have your 4 slots intact for more SPR, more Defense, or a -Bar spell.

3.- Survival of the healer is everything. And Yshtola has innate camouflage. Refia doesnt. And equip a camouflage materia on refia will puts her to only 2 materia slots free. while Yshtola will have her 4 slots intact. Or if you dont use camouflage, you can use 3 HP materias on Refia, with Yshtola you can use 4.

4.- Yshtola is a better healer for a Tank than Refia for Benediction. Specially when Warrior of Light gets his 6 star upgrade

5.- Auto-Refresh. Same case as point 3

6.- Limit Break. Yshtola has a damage mitigation limit break. That can be crucial for trials where you must face thresholds where the enemy does big damage. Yshtola can reduce that damage in 30%/54%. And that is one of the biggest pros of Yshtola.

As a healer, both units are really good, but Yshtola offers more freedom of choice than refia, and you can custom Yshtola better than refia for the situation of the boss/trial.

However, Yshtola and Refia cant compete Tilith. And we all know that.

ORLANDEAU

Code:
Weapons: Sword, G.Sword, Katana
Armor: L.Shield, H.Shield, Hat, Helm, Clothes, L.Armor, H.Armor, Robe
Role in a Party: Damage Dealer

Code:
Pros:

+ Ultimate chainer
+ Insane ATK
+ Very good HP/DEF
+ Powerful damaging skills
+ Inmunity to ailments
+ Very fast LB fill rate
+ Auto Refresh

Code:
Cons:

- Low MP
- Skills expensive to cast
- Doesnt have an AoE attack

HP: 4011 - S
MP: 207 - D
ATK: 189 - SS
DEF: 150 - A
MAG: 150 - B
SPR: 142 - C
Damage Skills: SS
Buff Skills: D
Debuff Skills: A
Limit Break: A

OVERALL RANKING: SSS

Theres not much to say about Orlandu. He is the king of FFBE, and if you happen to get one (or even better, 2) you must know that you dont need to even pull for a big unit until Tidus release, and you still can manage all trials easy.

The only 2 drawbacks that orlandu has is that his MP pool is too short and his skills are too expensive, and second he doesnt have a proper AoE damage skill.

But Orlandu doesnt need that, he still dominates the board and is the best unit in the game so far.

Muku

Daily pull... Blue.

Was secretly hoping it was Ovelia so I could cap her off and get her TM. But then out popped my second only ever Hayate. Guess I'll be keeping him.

Edit: Yay, the rankings! I enjoy reading those.

Y'shtola I'm building up because thought it would be a nice alternative to Refia. Seems that is true, depending on fight to whom I should bring.

Orlandu... I think is my first SSS character. But he was also the one I've been waiting for since forever, so I'm happy. I guess despite rest of my mostly rag tag team, I guess the next thing to look forward to is Tidus then. :) Starting with tickets from this event I've started my ticket hoarding again, on main. Now I guess I wait.

Chinner

Banned
Do you have Agrais?

If answer is yes, then: Do you have 2 Agrais?

Those 2 are relevant questions.

if I don't is it worth deleting my account and pulling for orlandu/agrias? luneth and noctis were good at the time but they're kind of trash worthy now.

tuffymon

if I don't is it worth deleting my account and pulling for orlandu/agrias? luneth and noctis were good at the time but they're kind of trash worthy now.

It's no longer April Fools day... If you REALLY think Noctis is trash or even kind of, just stop playing the game, he's the other triple S ranked unit. Just quit now, nothing will make you happy.

Lyrian

Looks like the lack of a new banner plus an event that most have completed has killed this thread

Pretty much what everyone else has said here already.

Given the constant rush of events lately, the sudden quietness in-game is rather strange. Still scratching my head that Gumi actually dedicated half of a month of game time exclusively to pulling Orlandeau. Hell, there's a dev stream this week devoted to pulling him this week on Tuesday.

Doesn't help either that many of us are past the point in the game where anything less than event specials or TMs are meaningful pickups. There's no real point in bringing up a discussion of the potential of 5th tier (gold) ore drops from Mysidia in boosting the quality of craft-ables going forward or how previously solid event exploration chest drops are being power creeped to being common craft-ables. For many, explorations are either laps for megacrysts for trophy rings or to power-level units when the Dunes aren't around. And even then, once Dunes PRO shows up and the weekend dungeons are no longer on a rotation, then that point of running explorations will be rendered pointless.

So right now.... yeah.... there's really not a whole lot of news-worthy stuff to discuss. The new story is nice to experience, but it's a one and done affair. Silver chest items this time only fill in some lower-level holes in abilities and craft-able elemental (mainly ice) weapons, so nothing exciting there. At this point, most are twiddling their thumbs waiting for the announcement of next week's content on Wednesday and doing other things.

EDarkness

Holy shit, guys! I did the daily pull and got...Orlandu! Oh man, that's awesome. I was damn sure it was going to be a troll rainbow, but it worked out to be something cool.

By the way, who's saying that Noctis is trash? That guys is awesome in a tiny package. I can't imagine not having him since he's so damn flexible. Also, is Agrias supposed to be awesome now?

Muku

He was so damn sure it was going to be a troll he came to me and declared it to be one. Then opened it up so only I viewed it. Haha.

desverger

Just in case you're serious, do remember that Orlandu also needs TMs to be actually good. You at least need to have Dual Wield and Excalibur, and most likely Katana Mastery too.

If you're thinking about rerolling, you need to take into account pulling a Cecil, Zidane, Chizuru and cranking out those TMs..

Muku

I would disagree with Minfilia having low HP. Obviously you need to have her own EQ's.

0 Pots:
Screenshot_20170401-141842.png
Screenshot_20170401-141848.png

Without personal eq's Minfilia is as squishy as my Refia (around 4.1k HP or so).

Okay, that's what I thought. Becuase mine is actually alright. But then again I've got her in her own gear. (No reason not to set her or Y'shtola up in their gear.. means you don't have to go gear hunting.) And mine isn't even capped yet.

But you do have to note that you have two HP15% on her there. I think he goes in regards to base?

across

Still scratching my head that Gumi actually dedicated half of a month of game time exclusively to pulling Orlandeau.

Yup. Overstimulation - Ifrit, story update, The Coming of Orlandeau all in a three week period. Combined with the transparent decision to let the FFT banner run unaccompanied for a week...

For my part, having pulled Orlandeau, I'm eyeing the next few months with a very skeptical eye. Chasing rainbows is a fool's errand, but no one even looks appetizing. That's good in a way (I save resources and have no temptation to buy lapis) and bad in a way (I'm anticipating future banners less and thus am less invested in the game)

Aside from Rikku and maybe the 4* bases on the DQ collab if that comes, I'm not interested in any unit (going off the JP schedule) until FF6, which will probably be in May.

Wax and wane, I guess.

p.s. y'all getting Chinnered

Rixa

But you do have to note that you have two HP15% on her there. I think he goes in regards to base?

Yeah, but those 15 HP's aint rare. I just didn't have anything interesting to to slap those slots, so I went with HP stuff. Any of those QE's arent taken from Refia either so they are kind of leftovers :D.

Muku

Yeah, but those 15 HP's aint rare. I just didn't have anything interesting to to slap those slots, so I went with HP stuff. Any of those QE's arent taken from Refia either so they are kind of leftovers :D.

I just meant in terms that having any HP on her might nix it just because I think Valentus bases it off base stats. I could be wrong though.

Lyrian

Holy shit, guys! I did the daily pull and got...Orlandu! Oh man, that's awesome. I was damn sure it was going to be a troll rainbow, but it worked out to be something cool.

By the way, who's saying that Noctis is trash? That guys is awesome in a tiny package. I can't imagine not having him since he's so damn flexible. Also, is Agrias supposed to be awesome now?

He was so damn sure it was going to be a troll he came to me and declared it to be one. Then opened it up so only I viewed it. Haha.

Congrats on adding one more Orlandeau to the insane pile of them on GAF!

Staying strong and not chasing the rainbow.... /twitch

I think he goes in regards to base?

Yeah, his unit ratings are based off of base stats. Anyone can trick out a unit with the correct TMs and/or gear, so otherwise there's no really fair observation point to measure units against each otherwise.

Rixa

I just meant in terms that having any HP on her might nix it just because I think Valentus bases it off base stats. I could be wrong though.

Yeah, his unit ratings are based off of base stats. Anyone can trick out a unit with the correct TMs and/or gear, so otherwise there's no really fair observation point to measure units against each otherwise.

True but I still think its not lacking HP, same ballpark as other non dps / tank units.

EDarkness

Congrats on adding one more Orlandeau to the insane pile of them on GAF!

Staying strong and not chasing the rainbow.... /twitch

Yeah. I decided I wasn't going to put any extra real effort into getting units. Gotta save for Tidus! Now that I have Orlandu, I think my chances of getting Tidus is gonna be low. I hope the FFBE gods don't forsaken me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom