• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty happy having a shitton of Thancred's TM. Was able to replace and sell a bunch of the HP10 and ATK10 I had. Gave Noct a nice boost until I finish Quick Assault x2

Didnt even know Raid ended already...no Yshtola for me, you guys werent kidding she is/was incredible rare from pulls for a casual player.

Stupid rare. How many people here actually pulled her?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Didnt even know Raid ended already...no Yshtola for me, you guys werent kidding she is/was incredible rare from pulls for a casual player.

tuffymon

I'm pretty happy having a shitton of Thancred's TM. Was able to replace and sell a bunch of the HP10 and ATK10 I had. Gave Noct a nice boost until I finish Quick Assault x2

I got the 1.2m and then pulled 3 of her at 2.1m >.>;

Wife got her like a day or two in, I got her after 5 or 6 I think? I know plenty of people who got her from pulls.

Sadly I didn't put quite as much importance into trying to use all my orbs the last few days, so I came up like 15k points short of getting her in the event rewards, too. Got that ticket though!
It was Leo again :(

Pejo

I never got her from a pull, only got the 1.2M point one. It's a shame too, I had enough TM moogles for Shard of Genius that I maxed out the one TM, and had enough to instantly max a second (that I never got). Sold them for like 10k gil or something this AM.

Ah well, got those unit slots back anyways, I guess.

I loved the rank XP from running 2 grind events, but I'm 100% glad it's over. 2 grind events + arena is just too much babysitting for me.

I got her fairly quickly. 3rd or 4th 5000 pull cant rememeber exactly but it didnt take too long. Got her again with the Rewards.

Takuan

I pulled 3 and earned just enough points to get the TM reward. I swear Y'shtola stole my Landu luck.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- Bartz on the daily. No Orlandeau in site but I still needed doublehand so I'm grateful!

-- Even though I loved the no-NRG event and all the rank and gil, I'm glad the Ifrit event is over. Ended up grabbing 2 Y'shtolas, gaining 5-6 rank levels, and after selling the extra coins I'm up to 8.8M gil. (btw thanks y'all, all you did was make our future upgrades more expensive, you know that right?).

-- Anyway, it was the perfect kind of raid IMO. Juuuust difficult enough to really put the easy wins just out of reach for F2P types like myself. Loved it, even if I only beat ELT 25-30x. Props to Celegus for his Yun, which was easily my friend unit MVP for this event.

-- think i'll be done with the FFT event after today.

-- Then it's all about catching up on story content and working the rest of Yun's TMs. Think I'll be able to get him up to 900+ with available TMs I have. And those will be coming fast and furious so I need to be thinking about my next OP unit worth maxing out. Maybe I go back and grab a couple for my white, black, and green mages (lordly robes / magistral crest / omnirod. I dunno. Good problem to have.

Pejo

So I was looking on Reddit, but there's nothing on the first page I could see, what were the FFIX enhancements for Zidane and company? Anything good?

Muku

I got lucky and pulled her. I ended up reaching her mile marker ultimately (but not the Moogles, ugh), but I wanted to pull her beforehand in case I didn't get there. Plus I had a ton of her Moogles.

I'm thankful that both of my accounts were able to pull her. I figured on main I'd used up my luck when I got her so that when Orlandu came around it'd be like "LOL you got your Rainbow due to you from last few months. Deal with it." Thankfully not. But now all that luck is probably gone.

Alkez

So I was looking on Reddit, but there's nothing on the first page I could see, what were the FFIX enhancements for Zidane and company? Anything good?

Below are Shouta's notes from yesterday.

FF9 info is out now.

Beatrix - basically can be a major damage dealer in two elements if she wants. However, her Light Resist down skill is separate from her best damage attack and she doesn't have a Thunder resist down attack. So while she's not as convenient as chars or Orlandu or Eileen, her versatility and top end is better overall. She also can help get chars up in a pinch.

Steiner - passable as a 4-star character though he definitely lacks power considering he only has 20% attack passive. He's meant for Doublehand but only has 50% up. Feels like he's a better companion character with a more robust char.

Eiko - Brings new stuff to the table as a white mage, which is great. Her move set doesn't look as nutty as Ayaka but I think it's pretty unique. Depending on Fenrir, she might have access to a strong buff and she'll always have the damage of the summons that Ayaka won't.

Garnet - Pretty great buff for her. She has equal summoning abilities to Eiko but can give the party 3 Summon crystals per turn flat with an ability while Eiko varies. Garnet also has a 40% All Elements heal that's attached to a heal. Only downside to her is that she needs a Dualcast to be do main healer duties but considering her Raise and Curaja enhancements, just giving those to her will make her pretty powerful. She also dodges 20% of magic attacks now.

Zidane - Pretty great buffs for him too. Can debuff nicely if he wants with Physical and Mental Steal. He has a Dual-Wield for Daggers/Thrown weapons and a Dagger Mastery. He has some attack skills but they're on the weak side other than his luck based skill which may grant him a 7 hit 777% attack 33% of the time. The BIG buff is that he has a skill that increases the drop rate of chests (!!!!) from monsters and also reduces encounter rate by 25%.

Vivi - Becomes a pretty standard black magic ala Exdeath. Can buff his magic to 120% for 2 turns if he needs to. Has Meteor. Totally usable for Vivi fines.

Kuja - Becomes a pretty powerful red mage? Holy, Curaja, and Dispelga are his new spells. He has a buff that gives 80% MAG/ATK and access to Ultima. He also has Dualcast now too. He has a Flare Counter and an attack that is equivalent to Firaga but reduces SPR of the enemy by 50%.

Pretty solid upgrades all around. Garnet is the best upgrade for sure though.

RedZaraki

Banned
I actually managed to pull 4 of her from summons and got the other from points, so 5 total. Go figure... the one and only time I have luck with rainbow pulls and its for a unit I'm lukewarm about at best.

I'm swimming in Warrior of Lights. Not even a good TMR. But I've pulled like a dozen of them so far.

Muku

I thought I remember reading earlier in this thread that Poaches stack? If so, what # do yall think is a good # to stock up on with them?

Edit: Also curious, if Poaches do stack, if you had say Aquan Killer + Poach, would those stack?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Ah damn :(
I also never pulled her, they decreased her summon rates for Global I guess because they added TM Moogles.

Oh so Japan didnt have the TM Moogle for the Raid ? Interesting....well at least i got Minfilia so thats something.

Lyrian

Glad the raid is over, as I was really starting to get burnt out on it. Also glad to pull a Y'sh finally, but not so glad that it took an insane number of pulls to get one (far, far beyond the max prize @1.6m points to get her).

Kind of nice that I don't have to juggle raid orbs + arena orbs + energy for awhile. Although I'm quite happy of gaining 4 levels post-100 (now 110), I really don't believe I could have kept that up for much longer.

Further surprised that no new banner was announced this week. Gumi really going to double down on everyone mad pulling for Orlandeau for 2 weeks straight?

I'm wondering if there will be a mini-event either tomorrow with April Fool's Day tomorrow, or on Monday (would be a great time to introduce INT Maze).

robotuw

Jeez Gumi, I'd be more inclined to like the arena if you weren't such hypocrites about it. "Recovery abilities are banned! Except Ling can dance to heal all statuses, that's totally ok!"

c-murph

I thought I remember reading earlier in this thread that Poaches stack? If so, what # do yall think is a good # to stock up on with them?

Edit: Also curious, if Poaches do stack, if you had say Aquan Killer + Poach, would those stack?

Per Reddit: Poach Buying Guide

Abilities from different named sources always stack.

Thank you. I am sure it's simple math, but still is math.

I guess I'll pick up a few in mean time.

Awesome, thanks guys! I just bought a handful of them for future use.

Pejo

Below are Shouta's notes from yesterday.

Thanks! (And thanks Shouta, as well!)

I'm really glad FFIX got some love, it was sorely needed. Zidane isn't going to melt any faces, but at least he's usable now for certain things.

So Gumi, about those FFVI character upgrades...

Thanks! (And thanks Shouta, as well!)

I'm really glad FFIX got some love, it was sorely needed. Zidane isn't going to melt any faces, but at least he's usable now for certain things.

So Gumi, about those FFVI character upgrades...

ITS HAPPENING!

They said FF6 is in the pipeline next for JP and that we are getting at least one FF6 upgrade for global

soooooo fingers crossed

Was so close from getting the trust moogle at the end of the raid rewards, but I got everything else so I cant complain.

Is the MAG 15% worth 35000 in the event?

Muku

I am awaiting the day Shadow becomes a God. One day.... right? Please, Gumi? Please... Or something usable. FFS.

Kouriozan

Guess it's finally Umaro's turn.

OZGGtQn.png

From that screenshot that was released before JP's launch

GvZHeWo.jpg
->
ws01ycb.jpg

RedZaraki

Banned
I've gotten everything from the event EXCEPT:

- The 1% Moogles for 10k currency (WAY too expensive)
- Magic +15% for 35k currency (WAY too espensive)

Just grabbing a few 6 star upgrade materials now. Might get all types to 120 each by the end.

Anything else isn't worth the energy. I just TMR farm with that energy and get more and better rewards.

I am awaiting the day Shadow becomes a God. One day.... right? Please, Gumi? Please... Or something usable. FFS.

6 Star Shadow with innate Dual Wield and TRUE Throw aka Hurl. Like normal Throw except BAZONGA damage.

Muku

Done with Da king, most successful Mogking yet

Yeah, I'm getting stuff I haven't gotten in a while. I'm going to continue I think for the currency for the money. All I have right now majorly to do is new story. Well, and finish Diabolos off. But I'll probably end up buying Megacite from Mog King to cap him off. Think he's like level 32 right now. Once he's capped all my espers will be right now, which will be a huge relief.

*Take that back. Gotta finish up leveling Minfilia and Y'shtola. But Minfilia is almost done (92) and Y'shtola is almost 6* so shouldn't be too bad.

Azuran

Banned
Nothing more amazing than the great Orlandu being stopped dead on his tracks by the first enemy on the event.

I want my 13 NRG back.

RedZaraki

Banned
Nothing more amazing than the great Orlandu being stopped dead on his tracks by the first enemy on the event.

I want my 13 NRG back.

Yeah........

I bring an Olive in my team to Shattering Shot first. Able to just hit repeat after that.

Alternatively, Lightning Stab that SOB.

Celegus

I still have a lot left to get because I've only been doing the event during the day at work and then running TMs at night, since it's pretty easy this time around to get enough currency and have plenty of time left.

jnWake

Those FFIX upgrades for JP seem really good. Seems you can build a full FFIX team that's actually good.

Hope they do well with the FFVI units. I doubt they'll buff all of them though since there are lots of them... If I were to guess, Celes 6* is a no brainer, maybe buffs to Terra/Kefka too. I can also imagine Locke, Edgar and Sabin raising to 6*. Shadow and Cyan I have less hopes of any upgrade but 5* would be nice. In terms of new units, Gogo would be awesome just for the wacky sprite.

Lyrian

Was so close from getting the trust moogle at the end of the raid rewards, but I got everything else so I cant complain.

Is the MAG 15% worth 35000 in the event?

That's what I'm wondering as well. Contemplating that and the 15% HP as my last bit.

Questions to ask in order:

-- Are you primarily F2P?
-- Do you typically run at least 1 mage (usually Exdeath) in your main team?
-- Would this be replacing a MAG+10% on that mage that normally always in in an ability slot?

If the answer is "yes" to all of these questions, and you have collected everything else of personal value or worth from Mog, then I would go for it.

The 15% abilities are "as good as it gets" from a non-TM ability. The MAG/ATK materias are always much higher priced because offensive capability is always considered to be at a premium. There's not a whole lot of mages out there that can use the MAG ability at the moment, but unless you have a bunch of Shantotto or that SoM sprite's TM laying around, an upgrade is an upgrade.

Given how easily currency is dropping form this event like candy, 35k is not that rough of a task to accumulate. Especially if you don't run macros, this about a good a time as any to somewhat easily buy them (as 35k currency in some events is a royal PITA to get).

Kettch

Even though I'm using only Orlandu friends and have 3 bonus units myself, I think it's still not worthwhile to get the 30k moogle.

That comes out to about 800 coins without counting chocobo encounters. Using that NRG on Earth Shrine instead gets me about 5% trust per unit, or 25% total. I doubt the chocobos would even come close to covering that gap.

It's great if you want to save it for the future, but I still have lots of TMs I'd like to get right now, so I think I'll be skipping it.

Shouta

Even though I'm using only Orlandu friends and have 3 bonus units myself, I think it's still not worthwhile to get the 30k moogle.

That comes out to about 800 coins without counting chocobo encounters. Using that NRG on Earth Shrine instead gets me about 5% trust per unit, or 25% total. I doubt the chocobos would even come close to covering that gap.

It's great if you want to save it for the future, but I still have lots of TMs I'd like to get right now, so I think I'll be skipping it.

Chocobo encounters significantly increase the speed you get the 30k moogle and make it highly efficient to get it. In addition, it's 5% per unit but it's only 25% if you're running 5 of the same unit. Considering the rate at which they show up, there's really no reason to not get them if you're running a large number of bonus units.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom