• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malakhov

Banned
Niiiiiice!

cuttin it close but gj on gettin there! sell the coins, thats what im doing.

btw Does anyone know where I can play with equipment set ups on a site or something?
I thought my Orlandu had the best stuff, but its at 916 attack

genjiblade
excalibur
black cowl
brave suit
bracer
genji glove
quick attack x 3
blade mastery.
granted i have 15/34 attack ups from pots.

pretty sure someone on my list had 970 attack. wheres it coming from??

Is your esper maxed? Atk pots definitely plays a big part also. What you listed is the best for him right now.

Malakhov

Banned
Finally mastered chaining with the thunder god, ifrit is a wuss now, crazy compared to last week...

Also done with the mog king, I milked it dry and even got awakening mats for wol, Marie and the emperor.

Doing a bit of story for lapis and then finally back to tm farming for a while, feels good!

Is your esper maxed? Atk pots definitely plays a big part also. What you listed is the best for him right now.

Yeah maxed Odin. I just found the guy on my list he has 971 attack with Ifrit esper equipped. Looked through his stats and he has 34/34 attack pots, so I guess thats it. 15 more attack (19 more to be exact) really exponentially adds up.

Malakhov

Banned
Yeah maxed Odin. I just found the guy on my list he has 971 attack with Ifrit esper equipped. Looked through his stats and he has 34/34 attack pots, so I guess thats it. 15 more attack (19 more to be exact) really exponentially adds up.
Yes they make up a good amount. They add up to your base atk so all the % gear and materia will be affected by it.

Finally mastered chaining with the thunder god, ifrit is a wuss now, crazy compared to last week...

Also done with the mog king, I milked it dry and even got awakening mats for wol, Marie and the emperor.

Doing a bit of story for lapis and then finally back to tm farming for a while, feels good!

Dude when I realized how fast you have to tap each Orlan to get the TRUE POWER it was eye opening. Prior to that I didn't feel like he was THAT much better than other units. But two of them chaining???? It's freakin nuts. I almost want to try pulling a second one so I dont have to rely on a friends its so good.

Malakhov

Banned
Dude when I realized how fast you have to tap each Orlan to get the TRUE POWER it was eye opening. Prior to that I didn't feel like he was THAT much better than other units. But two of them chaining???? It's freakin nuts. I almost want to try pulling a second one so I dont have to rely on a friends its so good.
Same here. At first I was terribly deceived by him. Then I found out how to chain with a unit with a normal frame attack so it got better but then I finally found out how to time it perfectly with olive and now I'm living the dream lol

Malakhov

Banned
Oh and just wait, we'll eventually get mini orlandu (agrias). Save your lapis ;)

Lots of good 4* chainers coming anyways. For now I'm fine with one orlandu.

Oh and just wait, we'll eventually get mini orlandu (agrias) soon. Save your lapis ;)

Lots of good 4* chainers coming anyways. For now I'm fine with one orlandu.

Yes, you're right. Best to save for sure. The future of chaining began with this banner for me but it's what I'll be all about from here on out.

I feel like I will never pull Orlandu. But at least I have a Yun and 2 Agrias, so I guess I can do a cool chain once Agrias gets her upgrade.

Rixa

It seems I wasnt in last page :/

btw Does anyone know where I can play with equipment set ups on a site or something?
I thought my Orlandu had the best stuff, but its at 916 attack

genjiblade
excalibur
black cowl
brave suit
bracer
genji glove
quick attack x 3
blade mastery.
granted i have 15/34 attack ups from pots.

pretty sure someone on my list had 970 attack. wheres it coming from??

Sure:

Someone in Reddit has made fantastic unit calculator :)

My overnight Frep doesn't work :/. Getting error constantly so no overnight farming for me. I just need to accept it. Too bad I cant use my daytime frep during night. Good thing that it works fantastically, one run is about 1min 5s (I use around 55 nrg / hour).

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Two 11 pulls since TGC and a few dailies and no rainbows. Was a shot in the dark but didn't get lucky, oh well.

Kettch

Picked up my 5th Agrias today. And to think, I voted for her in the player's choice banner, since I had 0 at that point.

Xion86

Well there goes the Raid. Made the most out of it after I got everything by selling Raid Coins for Gil. The EXP was also great. Very much enjoyed it though :)

Anyway, the view up here was quite nice...

hM96MIrl.png

0Ao00ctl.png

Zalasta

Part of me is relieved that the raid is over, it's one less thing to worry about having to do every hour. But I will miss the rank points, 7200 daily is really nice. I hope we'll get more events that doesn't use up energy. Btw, why don't they install a timer for arena orbs like they had for Ifrit?

Malakhov

Banned
Part of me is relieved that the raid is over, it's one less thing to worry about having to do every hour. But I will miss the rank points, 7200 daily is really nice. I hope we'll get more events that doesn't use up energy. Btw, why don't they install a timer for arena orbs like they had for Ifrit?
Very relieved also, never thought I'd be happy to go back to tm farming. It was an intense grind fest between the raid and the mog king event. At least the mog king event had a very good drop rate this time around.

I should get two champion's belts and a DKS TM done this weekend, looking forward to it.

Daily pull was Mercedes. It's my first, so I can't complain. I don't remember hearing much about her after her banner, aside from a few people playing around with builds. Last I recall, she's pretty useless unless you get her TM, right?

I know they serve different roles, but does she have any pros over Firion (who is currently on my main squad along with Yun and Lightning as my DPS force)?

Daily pull was Mercedes. It's my first, so I can't complain. I don't remember hearing much about her after her banner, aside from a few people playing around with builds. Last I recall, she's pretty useless unless you get her TM, right?

I know they serve different roles, but does she have any pros over Firion (who is currently on my main squad along with Yun and Lightning as my DPS force)?

Better base stats then Firion and has 50% atk AoE buff

Firion will outdamage her in most situations but i do believe she has the best water debuff until Tidus hits.

At best she is situational and you would want 2 copies of her TM to allow her the best synergy with her strongest attack

across

She's just generally useless. She may have some limited interplay with Tidus, though. Offers a big water imperil after enhancements with no ramp-up time - Tidus' is bigger but tied to his LB. She could cap a Tidus+Tidus chain reasonably well, I guess, benefitting from either her own imperil (20 without enh, 75 with) or his (100 w/ max LB) but she literally can't do anything else but buff attack. The imperil on her attack is 20%, same as standard old Imperil, so you aren't really getting much out of it.

She might be better than Firion on an enemy that does not benefit from his killer abilities, but her big attack is also 45 MP. I guess she's better than him against Aquans.

I made two of her Axes when I pulled 5 trying for Noctis, but aside from occasionally getting thrown on Firion for raw damage in Arena or whatever, it was mostly a waste of energy. So it goes!

edit: my problem with underperforming/niche physical units like this is that for her to even attempt to be competitive, I need to put pots (ATK, MP) into her, and they're not so trivial to obtain that I have a ton lying around with no one to use them on.

bonkeng

Before enhancements, Firion > Mercedes

After enhancements, Firion >>>>> Mercedes

That's all you need to keep in mind. Her TM's great for Firion though.

Malakhov

Banned
She's just generally useless. She may have some limited interplay with Tidus, though. Offers a big water imperil after enhancements with no ramp-up time - Tidus' is bigger but tied to his LB. She could cap a Tidus+Tidus chain reasonably well, I guess, benefitting from either her own imperil (20 without enh, 75 with) or his (100 w/ max LB) but she literally can't do anything else but buff attack. The imperil on her attack is 20%, same as standard old Imperil, so you aren't really getting much out of it.

She might be better than Firion on an enemy that does not benefit from his killer abilities, but her big attack is also 45 MP. I guess she's better than him against Aquans.

I made two of her Axes when I pulled 5 trying for Noctis, but aside from occasionally getting thrown on Firion for raw damage in Arena or whatever, it was mostly a waste of energy. So it goes!

edit: my problem with underperforming/niche physical units like this is that for her to even attempt to be competitive, I need to put pots (ATK, MP) into her, and they're not so trivial to obtain that I have a ton lying around with no one to use them on.

Good to know, I had 4 of her on my tm waiting list. Now I doubt I'll farm the axe.

across

Good to know, I had 4 of her on my tm waiting list. Now I doubt I'll farm the axe.

The only realistic use case for her axe is putting it on an actual good unit to cap a Tidus chain so the finisher benefits from the -100% water resist from his LB. It's still the highest damage axe in the game by a pretty considerable amount even in Japan so it's not like it's useless, but talk about a niche function.

I think Veritas of the Flame would do extremely scary things closing a Tidus chain with it though.

Better base stats then Firion and has 50% atk AoE buff

Firion will outdamage her in most situations but i do believe she has the best water debuff until Tidus hits.

At best she is situational and you would want 2 copies of her TM to allow her the best synergy with her strongest attack

Before enhancements, Firion > Mercedes

After enhancements, Firion >>>>> Mercedes

That's all you need to keep in mind. Her TM's great for Firion though.

Thank you all for the breakdown. I'll continue to roll with Firion and add her to my list of TM farming units at some point. Might as well get that axe for Firion, if nothing else.

Cheers.

Malakhov

Banned
The only realistic use case for her axe is putting it on an actual good unit to cap a Tidus chain so the finisher benefits from the -100% water resist from his LB. It's still the highest damage axe in the game by a pretty considerable amount even in Japan so it's not like it's useless, but talk about a niche function.

I think Veritas of the Flame would do extremely scary things closing a Tidus chain with it though.

I mean...

At least get one to have around. Its the strongest Water weapon and sure.. we dont need it now but we will want it in or inventory when we do

I have 4 mercedes, planned to farm two of them but I'll just get one then, will get it faster.

Rixa

Then something something happens and Global gets some raid / event where enemy has -% Water resist and +% Light resist.

Used rest of my Raid coins (13k). My score was around 1.9m and I got 1 Y'shtola with coins (that was after I had 1.8m pts).

across

Then something something happens and Global gets some raid / event where enemy has -% Water resist and +% Light resist.

Used rest of my Raid coins (13k). My score was around 1.9m and I got 1 Y'shtola with coins (that was after I had 1.8m pts).

It's certainly possible! I mean, I TM stupid things all the time - my current lineup is 4 Inguses (which will become 4 Letters and Arms, not combining any) and Orlandeau. I just want to make an 800+ MAG Exdeath and see what kind of big numbers I can get.

While we're kind of on the topic, I want to say I love it when your Ace rolls up on my friend list. Goofy powerful and you're the only person not sharing a flavour-of-the-week character I know of. Great stuff. Makes me wish I'd pulled him.

Rixa

It's certainly possible! I mean, I TM stupid things all the time - my current lineup is 4 Inguses (which will become 4 Letters and Arms, not combining any) and Orlandeau. I just want to make an 800+ MAG Exdeath and see what kind of big numbers I can get.

While we're kind of on the topic, I want to say I love it when your Ace rolls up on my friend list. Goofy powerful and you're the only person not sharing a flavour-of-the-week character I know of. Great stuff. Makes me wish I'd pulled him.

Thanks :). Also, I've been using LB pots to him, LB is at 11/25, long road to go.

My "mistake" was in my 2nd TM batch about 7 months ago. I farmed Ultima from 0% to 100% with one copy of Terra.

Now Iam doing one Vanille to get MCrest but not sure if I add 2nd one (I have 2). I want that extra 10% mag to replace one Earring. Prolly not useful usage of nrg & TM slots :D.

across

Now Iam doing one Vanille to get MCrest but not sure if I add 2nd one (I have 2). I want that extra 10% mag to replace one Earring. Prolly not useful usage of nrg & TM slots :D.

Well, setting aside for a moment if farming caster TMs at all is "useful" (it probably isn't), Magistral Crest is, I think, still competitive even in JP for caster accessories?

Grace's is MP+20%, MAG+25%, SPR+25%. Ashe's is MAG+30%, MP+30%, +50% Holy Res. Both are more raw stats but you may or may not need a bigger MP pool.

I TM'd two of them. Sure, magic is a niche thing in this, but big single numbers are fun. And I'm bored of grinding incremental physical damage upgrades. I'm hoping the game sees me actively farming caster TMs and decides to grace me with Dark Fina. I think that's how gacha systems work.

Rixa

I TM'd two of them. Sure, magic is a niche thing in this, but big single numbers are fun. And I'm bored of grinding incremental physical damage upgrades. I'm hoping the game sees me actively farming caster TMs and decides to grace me with Dark Fina. I think that's how gacha systems work.

I farm 2, almost forgot that JP got SPR damage magic.Also it gives me choices if I want to use GenjiG to Ace or change it to DW (I have 3 DW)

To be fair I sold a ton of Raid coins

I guess I should have saved them all to try and get a second Yshtola?

I burned the 25k i had left and didnt get a second one so whatever

bonkeng

To be fair I sold a ton of Raid coins

I guess I should have saved them all to try and get a second Yshtola?

I burned the 25k i had left and didnt get a second one so whatever

While her TM is good, it's nothing to cry about.

Imo, HP materias are better than buffing 2 of the weakest stats in the game.

I'd also rather have 15m Gil than an extra Shard of Genius.

Going to miss the Ifrit and Raid coins.
I made 10 million gil on this event and boosted my a NRG a lot.
Got 2 Yshtolas as well.

only thing left from Event is 30k Trust moogle then I have everything I want and will go back to TM farming till the next event.

RedZaraki

Banned

Yeah, someone from GAF has 980 Orlandeau. If I had my Genji Glove finished, and another Shine TM, I'd be there too. But I'm kinda splitting focus on Orlandeau and Olive. I want that Doublehand.

Going to miss the Ifrit and Raid coins.
I made 10 million gil on this event and boosted my a NRG a lot.
Got 2 Yshtolas as well.

only thing left from Event is 30k Trust moogle then I have everything I want and will go back to TM farming till the next event.

I went from 7.7 million gill to 21 million gil the past couple weeks.

YEAH

Yeah, someone from GAF has 980 Orlandeau. If I had my Genji Glove finished, and another Shine TM, I'd be there too. But I'm kinda splitting focus on Orlandeau and Olive. I want that Doublehand.

I went from 7.7 million gill to 21 million gil the past couple weeks.

YEAH
If I only could get one Gilgamesh....

We are going to need those millions once Enhancement rolls out in Global....

Sitting on 30M Gil now. Will probably make another 5-10M off the Orbs from the Mog King event also. Give me them damn Enhancements Gumi!

Edit: Really starting to enjoy the story. I wasn't a fan the first couple of continents, and started to just skip most of it, but now it's getting pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom