• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixa

Yeah that kind of sucked. Had a fight go 9 rounds because of that blindside lol. Luckily I'm ranked high enough that I don't have to play today.

Iam just doing 5 fights per day (tho hating it) for those rewards. I can see how annoying this is to those of you who do it more.

Kouriozan

Sakura the 700 years old dragon who looks like a little girl.
At least she'll have Dual Cast and Thundaja with some 20% damage reduction ability when we will unlock her next month.

My take on the FF9 upgrades

Vivi - Solid. Whats nice about this is that he comes up to a level where you can retire mages that you are tired of looking at. Still... given the JP meta and difficulty curve he should come to global in this form sooner than later

Kuja - Another great dualcasting mage with a nice nuke, cool counter and good support. Not bad but also better suited to the global power curve. Give us 6 star Kuja soon please

Zidane - Holy shit we finally have a thief worth a damn. Dual Wield Daggers, double counter, passive bonuses, and dual steal. Pretty cool upgrade! I dont see JP removing an onion knight to slot him in so give him to us!

Garnet - White mage buffs and becomes the quickest way to fire off a summon. Its kind of a cool dynamic having back pocket nuke for turns that you dont need to heal. Ill be interested to see how summons can be factored in as a layer to the current methods of dishing out damage

Eiko - Mostly the same as above but gets some crazy good support ability. Able to removed pesky party debuffs and has a huge AoE resistance buff against elements. Also has an ability that filles Esper gauge and LB (instead of relying on her LB). Damn son. Summoner class just got lit up with 2 flagships

Steiner - ... Well.... As a 4 star base that is essentially built as a far weaker version of Beatrix while also going to 6 star status.... What is his saving grace? He is the laziest built character of them all and given basically Leo's fucking moveset up until you max him minus the benefits even Leo has innately. What the fuck.

He has the build of a late meta 5 star max unit but is a 4 star base... its fucked up. Why even give him the 15% breaks at all. To any unit? Those abilities that are no longer used should either be rebalanced or locked into Friend summon units. This is just insulting.

Anywho he does get AoE 50% ATk buff and attack combo. AoE breaks and some good (but weakened) versions of Beatrix's attacks..... IS this suppose to be a consolation for not pulling her? Steiner deserved better treatment.

Beatrix - Shes awesome but closer to Orlandus build than I would like outside of giving her more to do with some white magic and bonuses to Magic (when they just changed holy damage to scaling with SPR?) as well as ATK... Which makes no fucking sense outside of the fact that she has a single hybrid damage attack with a high modifier (think Noctis flasks but without the extras)

Whatever you all know you want her

Black Waltz - .... another thunder mage thats 5 star. Could be cool for 5 star only content

Is it worth getting lasswell up to 6?

If you were smart and kept him at 2 star

Max his LB with each awakening

Then you have at least one move that synergizes with his decent role of dropping Ice resistance. Which many characters cant do but.... its situational

Im really not sure what role he can play until we have content that forces the use of Story characters only

Syntsui

So let me look at my girl Beatrix realquick....

425% ST 8 Hit Physical Attack & ST 3 Turn -50% Light Resist

HOLY SHIT..... This is on a whole new level of game breaking. Omega Tier skill and completely overshadow Orlandu.

across

So let me look at my girl Beatrix realquick....

HOLY SHIT..... This is on a whole new level of game breaking. Omega Tier skill and completely overshadow Orlandu.

25% more damage and an extra hit qualifies as 'Omega Tier' and completely overshadows Orlandu?

Beatrix is a more well-rounded, powerful unit, but it's not because of that ability, which is inferior to Holy Explosion+2 anyway. Native powerful AoE attack, built-in chain ender (265% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF) and a substantially harder hitting Lightning attack are where you're looking, as well as having a LB worth using and Full-Life access.

Syntsui

25% more damage and an extra hit qualifies as 'Omega Tier' and completely overshadows Orlandeau?
Why are you talking like this is negligible. It's much more powerful and the aditional hit is a HUGE boost on the chaining meta, this IS a whole new level of game breaking.

Fully enhanced Divine Ruination
260% ST 7 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & ST 3 Turn -50% Light Resist

Beatrix skill with no enhancements at all
425% ST 8 Hit Physical Attack & ST 3 Turn -50% Light Resist

She is more powerful than enhanced Orlandu of the bat.

across

Why are you talking like this is negligible. It's much more powerful and the aditional hit is a HUGE boost on the chaining meta, this IS a whole new level of game breaking.

Fully enhanced Divine Ruination

Beatrix skill with no enhancements at all

She is more powerful than enhanced Orlandu of the bat.

425% > 520%?

Interesting math.

Rixa

Waiting the day when JP introduces first Chain immune boss.

"Damage after chain of 6 = 0"

Heck it can be a global boss too in some event.

across

How much damage can do the extra hit of beatrix?

I mean 3 orlandus vs 3 beatrix

The chain modifier caps at 10 hits for an Element Chain. The value of the extra hits is in how many of them benefit from max modifier. Is that extra hit enough to outdo 95% extra base damage on Holy Explosion+2? I truthfully wouldn't know where to begin testing it, but intuitively I'm going to say probably not. I'll happily admit I'm wrong if someone wants to show the math, though!

I'm not here trying to downplay Beatrix (she's amazing, which is great because she's one of the coolest FF characters) or whatever, but there's excitement and then there's silly hyperbole.

Arena is funny sometimes. There are weeks where I end with a 170+ win streak and some weeks where I get my shit rocked by 5 Noct evade teams or 3 nocts and 2 Dark Fina's, or 3 Nocts and 2 Lings.

Finally!

It only took me 1,641 pulls (164,100 coins)...
I got the damn 1.6m Moogle before I got her from a pull! >_<

Alas, after spending my remaining coins, I'm currently sitting on
1 Shard of Genius
2 Hydaelyn Guard
10 Follower's Oath

A second Shard of Genius and third Hydaelyn Guard are each 20% away.

After I get their TMs, should I keep any dupes? Than doesn't look like he has any use other than getting easy TMs, but is there any reason to keep more than 1 copy of Y'sh or Minfi? Note: I have 1 DC Materia and every White Mage in the game but Santa Roselia.

Finally!

It only took me 1,641 pulls (164,100 coins)...
I got the damn 1.6m Moogle before I got her from a pull! >_<

Alas, after spending my remaining coins, I'm currently sitting on
1 Shard of Genius
2 Hydaelyn Guard
10 Follower's Oath

A second Shard of Genius and third Hydaelyn Guard are each 20% away.

After I get their TMs, should I keep any dupes? Than doesn't look like he has any use other than getting easy TMs, but is there any reason to keep more than 1 copy of Y'sh or Minfi? Note: I have 1 DC Materia and every White Mage in the game but Santa Roselia.

i keep dupes of units with great LBs

that way i have a 6 star thats immediately useable until i replace them with a maxxed LB version later

once burst pots become more accessible ill have a fast path to max than i would if i was burning them on 6 star units

Valentus

Honestly , im okay with sacrificing 95% damage for full raise

Also , dont forget beatrix works as a chainer and a chain finisher.

She is the complete package folks

Syntsui

I'm going for two Breatrix and I don't give a fuck about anything else.

Also, Vivi is godlike. Best character redeemed. Cecil of the Black Arts.

I'm going for two Breatrix and I don't give a fuck about anything else.

Also, Vivi is godlike. Best character redeemed. Cecil of the Black Arts.

him and kuja both have that emergency berserk mode and vivi can self buff to do some crazy damage

Mage meta is safe guys lol

TM update:

Quick Assault #2 - 39.4
Quick Assault #3 - 63.7
Quick Assault #4 - 33.7
Quick Assault #5 - 0.0 :-(
20 sided die #1 - 81.2
Bracer #3 - 77

Operation Noctis Tank is coming along nicely.

Rixa

TM update:

Hooray \o/.

Today my Edgar learned how to kill a machina.
His place was taken by Vanille.

My update:
1. QA 52.3%
2. QA 50.5%
3. QA 48.6%
DBringer 40.8%
MCrest 0.0%

Always funny to see the difference between units. All shines were added same time to tm party and have been there from 0.0%. Having this point 3.7% difference, curious to see what it is in the end when first hits 100%.

TM update:

Quick Assault #2 - 39.4
Quick Assault #3 - 63.7
Quick Assault #4 - 33.7
Quick Assault #5 - 0.0 :-(
20 sided die #1 - 81.2
Bracer #3 - 77

you been using that Switch control setup you posted a few pages back?
I cant wait to try it out, have it setup but still farming the Event.

Menchi

Beatrix makes me think if a really souped up Agrias. I always hoped Agrias would get some more support alongside her damage increase, so Beatrix seems to be pretty nifty

I hope they buff Shantatto to a 6* eventually. She's one of my all time favourite mages

Hooray \o/.

Today my Edgar learned how to kill a machina.
His place was taken by Vanille.

My update:
1. QA 52.3%
2. QA 50.5%
3. QA 48.6%
DBringer 40.8%
MCrest 0.0%

Always funny to see the difference between units. All shines were added same time to tm party and have been there from 0.0%. Having this point 3.7% difference, curious to see what it is in the end when first hits 100%.

RNG gonna RNG lol.

you been using that Switch control setup you posted a few pages back?
I cant wait to try it out, have it setup but still farming the Event.

I've been using my old one. I haven't had time to setup the new one yet but I need to do it tonight.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
If I have Sakurafubuki and Chirijiraden, I don't really need this event katana, do I? I have 64K red orbs from the event but ehhhh?

Lyrian

FF9 info is out now.

Garnet - Pretty great buff for her. She has equal summoning abilities to Eiko but can give the party 3 Summon crystals per turn flat with an ability while Eiko varies. Garnet also has a 40% All Elements heal that's attached to a heal. Only downside to her is that she needs a Dualcast to be do main healer duties but considering her Raise and Curaja enhancements, just giving those to her will make her pretty powerful. She also dodges 20% of magic attacks now.

Garnet is the best upgrade for sure though.

My take on the FF9 upgrades

Garnet - White mage buffs and becomes the quickest way to fire off a summon. Its kind of a cool dynamic having back pocket nuke for turns that you dont need to heal. Ill be interested to see how summons can be factored in as a layer to the current methods of dishing out damage

Garnet's 6* form was what I wanted to see....

... and to play devil's advocate here, I'm going to outright say that I almost could not be MORE disappointed in her "upgrade", because it's barely an upgrade at all.

And here's why:

-- LB: DOWNGRADE. (50 to 80% summon bar fill for 5 LB crystals) to (60 to 100% summon bar fill for 7 LB crystals). So, if we normalize this per LB crystal, we get (10 to 16% per LB crystal at 5*), and (8.6% to 14.3% per LB crystal at 6*). What's interesting here is that the devs valued her LB at 13 at max and not 12, requiring a seemingly unneeded extra LB crystal. If the LB had been valued at 12 (and not 13), then this would have been a complete sidegrade.

-- Summoning potential: POWER: Marginal upgrade. Garnet is brought up to the summoning power of 5* Rydia and... that's it. Hugely disappointing. SPEED: This was Garnet's bread and butter over Rydia. Her LB is slower, but she gained a strangely redundant transfer of MP --> 30% summon bar, which can't be dual casted. If Garnet's LB is leveled up, the only real niche case I can see where this could be useful is at a point in a very long fight where LB crystals stop dropping, or a trial boss or similar is extremely stingy in coughing up crystals at all. Otherwise, filling her LB bar is still faster than this. Maybe if this was magic and could be dual casted, this would have had considerable value.

-- She still needs dualcast and esuna materias to be anything more than a second/backup healer. That's two ability slots consumed before anything else.

-- All-but-complete lack of any meaningful stat buffs. (Protectga alone doesn't cut it now on Global, let alone JP).

-- Pharmacology and the ability to summon others' espers are nice, but not exactly groundbreaking in any forward way. Still nice to be able to cast Golem from her, if the tank needs to be tied up doing something else after a very bad turn.

All in all, Garnet's 6* is full of stuff that doesn't really push summoners forward in any meaningful way. Casting others' espers is a nice QoL upgrade, but it doesn't make her a **better** summoner.

Very, very disappointed in her "upgrade".

Oh.... and Garnet/Rydia (now tied in summoning power), are stronger than Eiko. At least Garnet has innate High Tide (she at least has that over Rydia), while Eiko is treated like Elza and has to cast an ability to gain High Tide temporarily.

Big, giant, nothingburger.

/sigh

EDarkness

Hey guys, if you have Olandu as your leader, could you please put him on Odin for Bladeblitz? Fighting the chocobo without him having some kind of AoE is a pain.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Buying everything from the Mogking

SC, Megacites, Elixirs, PDs, X/Y Potions, Katana, Sword, Hoop, Tickets, SQ, etc. Only got the 6* Mats and Pouches to go.

Sadly, no Chocos in my past 20-30 runs.

Xion86

Im happy to hear Vivi is getting some love :D really loved that character in FF9,so cute too.

Question:
On a side note, out of curiosity, how many times do you guys do a refill per day, if at all? This includes NRG/Arena/Raid.

I'd say I typically do 2, one NRG refill in the evening when I'm back home (usually when an event is on) and gone through my NRG bar, and one NRG refill before bed for a TM farming run.

Im happy to hear Vivi is getting some love :D really loved that character in FF9,so cute too.

Question:
On a side note, out of curiosity, how many times do you guys do a refill per day, if at all? This includes NRG/Arena/Raid.

I'd say I typically do 2, one NRG refill in the evening when I'm back home (usually when an event is on) and gone through my NRG bar, and one NRG refill before bed for a TM farming run.

Lately I've been refilling a lot when I'm home for the TM farm machine. I'd say I spend 400 or so lapis a night. There are way too many TMs I need. Almost have my first genji glove

Question:

It varies. Start of the week/month for Arena 1-3 arena refills to get a nice position (this week I dropped the ball and wont be the top 3k, but for the month I'm still getting my 2 moogles, sitting at 1500 rank for the month. Then perhaps 1-2 TM refills a day. 3-4 when I really want shit done.

Visceir

Japan never got a weapon with evade on it, so I would say to get it, too.

I think there actually is a greatsword with 5% dodge, but yea get the katana. Could even let tanks use it. I've got my WoL/Cecil using it along with ring of lucii. That's a respectable amount of dodge.

tuffymon

Question:

When I Tm farm about 8-10x a day, otherwise never

Shouta

The chain modifier caps at 10 hits for an Element Chain. The value of the extra hits is in how many of them benefit from max modifier. Is that extra hit enough to outdo 95% extra base damage on Holy Explosion+2? I truthfully wouldn't know where to begin testing it, but intuitively I'm going to say probably not. I'll happily admit I'm wrong if someone wants to show the math, though!

I'm not here trying to downplay Beatrix (she's amazing, which is great because she's one of the coolest FF characters) or whatever, but there's excitement and then there's silly hyperbole.

If I'm doing the math right, it's about the same overall - https://pastebin.com/ghSSi8XG

Beatrix loses out a bit but for a character that doesn't have Awakened Abilities, it's pretty damn close. When she does get the skill upgrades, she'll be stronger.

The other thing to note is that she can do Thunder element chains as well if you have someone to reduce Thunder resist. That means she's more versatile than Orlandu can be despite losing out on mods a little bit.

Syntsui

If I'm doing the math right, it's about the same overall - https://pastebin.com/ghSSi8XG

Beatrix loses out a bit but for a character that doesn't have Awakened Abilities, it's pretty damn close. When she does get the skill upgrades, she'll be stronger.

The other thing to note is that she can do Thunder element chains as well if you have someone to reduce Thunder resist. That means she's more versatile than Orlandu can be despite losing out on mods a little bit.

While you are right, Orlandu can chain Thunder too. Although his skill is much weaker and go up to only 6 hits.

I'll repeat myself, BEATRIX OVERSHADOWS ORLANDU. Al heil the new queen of Brave Exvius!

a5934e893a2df0f0fee59dfcf6f7d1c6.jpg

Question:

I only refill for TM farming which if I am doing it refills 24/7. I will not refill for story/arena/raid or anything else. I did do one for the current mog king event the first day to get an Orlandu to 100 from the cactuars however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom