• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Banned
Well, the divide that chaining makes is crazy. I have 3 good/decent 5* characters but I'm going to have to do the survability approach.

Alkez

Kind of disappointed that the trial is super easy. Even for whale teams I expected there to be some challenge. Makes me question what we're playing for.

Did you break their DEF? Noctis' biggest hit includes a 45% Def break, so every hit following it increases.

Just an fyi, his breaks are only 30% in global. 45% is JP.

bonkeng

That was easier than I thought.

Team used, 2 Orlandus, 2 Yuns, 1 Olive.

2 turn kill.

1017 attk Orlandu :D

What the fuck...I just did it with 3 Orlandu's and Olive 2 980 Cid's and my 2nd one is in the 800's and my 1175 Olive. Still didn't one shot either of them...Bushido first turn and embolden. Everyone survived killed Siren the next turn and then did the same thing to Ifrit and he survived with the same 15% health he did when I 2 chained him....how that team doesn't one shot but a Noctis finisher does doesn't make any sense.

Seriously? My team of not so well equipped units one shotted both. I don't even need to break any.

Orlandu 980 atk
Friend Orlandu 980 atk
Yun 817 atk
Yun 560 atk
Olive 1126 atk

across

Kind of disappointed that the trial is super easy. Even for whale teams I expected there to be some challenge. Makes me question what we're playing for.

Whales not being challenged is (part of the reason) why they whale. Power balance for the rest of us, F2P, dolphin, minnow and starfish alike, is permanently distorted due to so many of us farming TMs. There's literally no way for Gumi to create a trial that accounts for all the TMs even some the F2Ps possess aside from setting some sort of 'Limit: 3 TMs' on trials or something.

You have people on Reddit (and here, maybe?) grinding TMs and setting aside tickets/lapis to pull 2x Ashe for the Blood Moon trial, for goodness' sake.

I'd posit that most people playing Final Fantasy Nostalgia Exploitation / Slot Machine Simulator 2017 aren't seeking challenge; if you are, then you're probably going to have to self-impose it (see: Valentus) or wait patiently for things to ramp up as they supposedly do post-Aigaion.

I'm cracking up at all the people talking about how easy it is when they have 3+ 5* base units. Not shiz it's easy for you. If they based trials around having virtually a whole team of 5* bases 99 percent of the user base would be completely screwed. Waiting to see how hard someone with just one or no 5* bases says it is ;p

That reminds me, still haven't done Gilgamesh. I'll have to look up the strats for him. How brutal is he if you only have one 5* base?

Lyrian

So esper damage hoy upgraded?

Lyrian must be very happy

Hrmm....?? What is this bit of randomness?

Refuse to to get my hopes up over this. Of course, testing is needed. :)

That said, not thrilled at all at objectively ranking esper power by the their order of appearance in the game, although that tends to make canonical sense. In the long run, Shiva went from best damaging esper to tied for second worst because she is found on Grandshelt.

Very, very sorry at poor Siren for being the first esper obtained. According to the datamine, Siren's unreleased 3* form will do LESS damage then the currently released 2* Odin does now.

Already got my first Giancryst (T4) on my first chamber run, starting good.

Very lucky. I've run the Vortex 4 times now, and have 0 T4s to show for it.

That said, it's already fairly obvious how the gem distribution works in the Vortex and how Xon does/does not apply there.

As a past DM, I have to applaud Gumi on constructing the most evil way possible for gem distribution, given the common/rare/bonus drop system.

So....

Floor 1: 2 or 3 trash mobs: (Common: random T1 gem; Rare: random T2 gem; Bonus: NONE)
*** Xon (or multiples of him) works here.

Floor 2: Same as Floor 1.

Floor 3: Single opponent. (Common: random T2 gem; Rare: NONE; Bonus: random T3 gem [50%? rate])
*** Xon's ability does NOT work here.

Floor 4: Single opponent. (Common: random T2 gem; Rare: NONE; Bonus: random T4 [25% or less? rate])
*** Xon's ability does NOT work here either.

-- On the first two floors, there are common and rare drops, so Xon (and Locke) work well here to get the lesser gems.

-- HOWEVER, on the last two floors, the desired gems are moved from the rare drop table to the bonus drop table, which completely invalidates Xon's (and Locke's) skills.

Gumi/Alim knew exactly what they were doing here and how to make Xon useful and worthless at the same time.

As the Simpsons famously predicted, "Remember, you're here forever." So true in the case of the Vortex of Gems.

Alkez

Whales not being challenged is (part of the reason) why they whale. Power balance for the rest of us, F2P, dolphin, minnow and starfish alike, is permanently distorted due to so many of us farming TMs. There's literally no way for Gumi to create a trial that accounts for all the TMs even some the F2Ps possess aside from setting some sort of 'Limit: 3 TMs' on trials or something.

You have people on Reddit (and here, maybe?) grinding TMs and setting aside tickets/lapis to pull 2x Ashe for the Blood Moon trial, for goodness' sake.

I'd posit that most people playing Final Fantasy Nostalgia Exploitation / Slot Machine Simulator 2017 aren't seeking challenge; if you are, then you're probably going to have to self-impose it (see: Valentus) or wait patiently for things to ramp up as they supposedly do post-Aigaion.

Yeah I get you. I guess the Ifrit fight just distorted my view on where the game was. Everyone struggled at the beginning. After a while the whales perfected their runs and were one shotting it, but it wasn't like that instantly. I expected the trial to be more like that.

I guess at the end of the day as long as I'm challenged then it doesn't really matter what everyone else is doing.

Chinner

Banned
Yeah I get you. I guess the Ifrit fight just distorted my view on where the game was. Everyone struggled at the beginning. After a while the whales perfected their runs and were one shotting it, but it wasn't like that instantly. I expected the trial to be more like that.

I guess at the end of the day as long as I'm challenged then it doesn't really matter what everyone else is doing.
Chaining changes the game.

Even Noctis, who is arguably the best overall unit, cannot compete with 2 orlandus chaining with themselves.

Valentus

yeah, the one shot is easy, i did it with 3 orlandus and xon, but i refused to see only one star popping in the victory screen.

I need at least 2 stars popping in my screen. The challenge is summoning fucking ifrit and fucking siren.

Siren alone gets mad and even with Love you All and barwaterga i got wrecked.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
DM refers to so many different things these days, so I have to ask:

Am I speaking to a [former] fellow D&D player? :eek:

Nobody judge me lol

7crJBYG.gif

Myze

Wow...a second Ace...well, that sucks. Especially considering it's only my 5th 5-star base (Yun, Yun, Noctis, Ace, Ace).

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Oh man, 140 NRG in my box. More for TM farming.

Soluna Ring 1 is done. Going to get Luka's TM next. Basically, my Refia fucking lifts. With that and the 30% HP. Sitting close to 6k HP, 500MP, and 5% refresh. With a massive amount of resistence to most elements.

At 500 MP with 5% Refresh, she will be getting back 25 MP per turn! Dual casting Curaga will only take 5MP then.

across

Wow...a second Ace...well, that sucks. Especially considering it's only my 5th 5-star base (Yun, Yun, Noctis, Ace, Ace).

That's rough. At least his TM is... kinda okay? Hopefully you just dailied him and weren't 10+1ing for Fryevia or something.

I did a single 10+1 yesterday and was rewarded with Delita. Funny to think that 5* base units can be disappointing, considering. With Lightning's enhancements out, Delita may now be the worst 5* base?

Muku

So... I don't get why you don't want to give me Xon, Gumi. Why? It's not like i'm asking for a damn 5*. But at this point, maybe you can just go ahead and give me Freyvia anyway? (I'd still be mad and want Xon, LOL.)

Xion86

Nice to hear the Trial isn't a nightmare then, will have a go when I'm at home.

Just logged in though, two things to mention from me:

- FINALLY I can use up the maxed out Friends Points and can set it as a gift again. It's been so long!! :)
- The update seems to have screwed up the Crafting menu for me on my Android phone. Every item is missing it's name, can only see the picture of the item to craft and its stats. Fail.

Alkez

Unless we get the new Cactuar Dunes it seems the 10 NRG trial is a more efficient way of farming unit xp.

According to the wiki the maximum you can achieve from the 15 NRG run is 210k, which is 14k per NRG.

Meanwhile with the trial you gain 13k per NRG. Unless you get extremely lucky chances are that you will be gaining less xp from Dunes then you will from the trial. And if you have a Growth Egg or Action then this is the way to go unless you're looking to save Cactuars for future units.

Most GAF Orlandus can one shot the bosses as well.

1025 atk Orlandu with greatsword mastery! Brute forced the hell out of this with my 2 Orlandu and a 3rd because why not. Now the real challenge is the 5 units or less challenge.

Thinking 1025 Orlandu.
100% evade Noctis for the fish spam and possible cover.
Ling for mana battery and breaks.
Refia for Refia things.
Minfilia for Minfilia things?

Thoughts?

Neekaw

1025 atk Orlandu with greatsword mastery! Brute forced the hell out of this with my 2 Orlandu and a 3rd because why not. Now the real challenge is the 5 units or less challenge.

Thinking 1025 Orlandu.
100% evade Noctis for the fish spam and possible cover.
Ling for mana battery and breaks.
Refia for Refia things.
Minfilia for Minfilia things?

Thoughts?

I did it with refia for embolden, cecil for bushido freedom, atk geared Noctis for warp breaking, orlandu and friend orlandu.. minfilia isn't needed when you don't get attacked.

tuffymon

I don't have Orlandu so the chaining of him won't happen... but I might have to give it a shot with Grande and seeing if I can smash one at a time...

RedZaraki

Banned
Marie is MVP in the new Trial.

Turn 1 Love You All for resisting elements on everyone. Including Dark, which is big here.

She can cast Shellga and Protectga if others are too busy to put up buffs.

Mine is on Siren and can Dispel too.

Plus, if she's not busy she can use items or auto-attack to help the esper gauge charge.

Xion86

Pretty sure one of the notices already mentioned this.

Ah yes you're right :) sorry I didn't read them once I logged in, was using up a few Orbs and NRG straight away then headed home from work haha. Just took a look at the notice now. That's good though, was worried it was just me or my device.

c-murph

The one T4 ability awakening mat I got on my first run is still alone 120 NRG later >.<

PFtaFeml.jpg

Wish it was a support one for Ramza.

Yeah, those little fuckers are next to impossible to get it seems. Wasted like two bars of RNG for one. Nothing. Although I'm sitting at close to what I need to level my two Lightnings Lightspeeds... minus the two Gigas.

Running my FREP on a level to get more eggs so I can try and buy the Power and Support cysts from the recipe man.

Alkez

1% off black cowl. Think I'm going to replace Hayate with Medius tomorrow. Now we have the 130k vortex a Growth Egg and Nine's Action TM seem worth farming. Wish I hadn't fused my other two Medius' but there's no way I could have predicted this.

Edit: Just realised Medius is on the banner next week LOL. Guess I'll keep doing dailies. Was planning to stop for the week.

LOL at loyalty bonus being impossible to collect unless you have 25 open slots

Yeah. Don't know why we can't just collect over the limit like we can with summons.

Muku

There are two things they need to change with this multiple item mails:

1. allow us to collect all the damn cactaur from it and go over. We can't do shit else. I will use them right away anyway to build up some units I'm working on. WHY THE FUCK IS THIS NOT AN OPTION!

2. allow us to pull god damn items individually out of it. FFS, why is this not something you're going to allow? ESPECIALLY if you're going to give us a shit ton of cactaur... and make us have the available space. I would like the tickets and shit already. And if I recall right... you claim either all or nothing at the moment. Who the fuck thought this one out.

Muku

oh come on. it's totally on purpose.

BTW:
daily: Gilbert
4* guarantee: Rosa.

I already own way many more spaces than I should, just because i keep a full stock of Mog King event cactaurs. Not buying more slots specifically for cactaur from this shit. But my thing is I want to pull individual things out. Right now I am not even wanting Cactaur as my draw, I just want the lapis and tickets out of it. FFS.

All done with the trial except for the moogle. Brute forced it yet again. 3 Orlandu for the 6 man and 2 Orlandu for the 5 man. GG TGC, GFG. The power of chaining is real guys, it's real! Going to save this 4* guaranteed ticket for Rikku.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I already own way many more spaces than I should, just because i keep a full stock of Mog King event cactaurs. Not buying more slots specifically for cactaur from this shit. But my thing is I want to pull individual things out. Right now I am not even wanting Cactaur as my draw, I just want the lapis and tickets out of it. FFS.

me too, exactly. I'm just saying this is totally intentional, it's not an accidental design. completely consistent with every single thing they've been doing since 2.0 (using up more slot space to part you with your lapis).

Syntsui

I think it's a bad design they didn't think through, not intentional. Brave Exvius is the only gacha game that allows you to keep summoning over the limit, this is a staple of the genre to force people to buy space and they got rid of that intentionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom