• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

I just have a ribbon on all my arena units. Stop is the only issue I run into. Total unavoidable nonsense.

Anyways, it's Sunday. Off Topic question time lol. And for once it's not sports.

What kind of music do y'all listen to?
Do you have a favourite genre?
Do you have an all time favourite song(s)/album/artist?

I mainly listen to most kinds of EDM, kpop (yup), and some hip hop (a lot less than I did in my younger years).

My favourite genre is house. I don't really know why. Just makes me feel good.

However my favourite song is Numb by Linkin Park. Being a moody teenager in a family that wasn't very close this song spoke volumes to me.

c-murph

Uh, bullshit. I'm almost always sub 1k in rank and I'd always run Mages over Melee. if I didn't have 2 Noctis I'd just sub them out for 2 more ExDeath and still rarely ever lose. I regularly go months without a loss and end up with 160+ streaks, since I burn every orb, and it'd be the same with 4x ExDeath + Ling. It's very easy to hit 5k hp on him, you just need Muscle Belts and 10% materia and on the units that you can throw 15%'s or better on you're even higher.

No offense, but if you only play 5x a day, you don't have much experience. I burn every single orb every single day. This is my experience running mages.

Holy hell. How do you use every single orb of every single day? You set alarm clocks to wake yourself up at night?

Muku

I just have a ribbon on all my arena units. Stop is the only issue I run into. Total unavoidable nonsense.

Anyways, it's Sunday. Off Topic question time lol. And for once it's not sports.

I mainly listen to most kinds of EDM, kpop (yup), and some hip hop (a lot less than I did in my younger years).

My favourite genre is house. I don't really know why. Just makes me feel good.

However my favourite song is Numb by Linkin Park. Being a moody teenager in a family that wasn't very close this song spoke volumes to me.

I listen to a lot of stuff. Country is not one of them though.

Alternative probably for me.

Third Eye Blind. Still love hearing Semi Charmed Life on radio once in a blue moon. TEB and Matchbox 20 were my jams in high school. Still enjoy listening to their stuff.

I sing Taylor Swift at bars and my last real concert was Ke$ha and Pitbull. Oh, no, that's not right -- it was actually some dude covering Drake. And then some EDM, but I can't follow that.

I unironically love Ariana Grande (now a real Final Fantasy Character).

I'm basically a Top 40 kid at this point. Historically, I loved classic rock, then went through an extreme Journey phase.

We had one CD in Afghanistan for patrols, and I remember hearing Ke$ha's "Tik Tok" at least 500 times.

Maybe that's PTSD?

Muku

All my music comes from "NOW! That's what I call music Vol #"

Hahaha. I gave up on those a long time ago. Moved back to States in early 2015 and see that shit is still going on and I'm like WTF. I think last I bought was 4 or 5. Want to think 5.

I sing Taylor Swift at bars and my last real concert was Ke$ha and Pitbull. Oh, no, that's not right -- it was actually some dude covering Drake. And then some EDM, but I can't follow that.

I unironically love Ariana Grande (now a real Final Fantasy Character).

I'm basically a Top 40 kid at this point. Historically, I loved classic rock, then went through an extreme Journey phase.

We had one CD in Afghanistan for patrols, and I remember hearing Ke$ha's "Tik Tok" at least 500 times.

Maybe that's PTSD?

LOL.

Last concert I went to was Temper Trap in Sept last year. Surprised they come here and it was totally worth it. Before that was Alice in Chains while in Japan. Don't think we'd get that lucky again Stateside. Wanted to see Temple of the Dog, but that was expensive. And scalpers ruined that for so many. Ugh.

Lots of good music though. Hard to choose just one thing.

I've found some new groups and stuff since I've moved back that I like. But always love when they play stuff I listened to while in high school.

Lyrian

I'm going to be the party pooper here.

Music isn't really my thing. Didn't have the disposable income as a child, and I certainly still don't have it now. So, never really developed any real taste for music.

Although, I suppose if I had to listen to something for an extended period of time, I'd probably be partial to some light techno/synth. But, nothing too randomly generated. That's just noise to me at that point.

fionel

Hmm so I'm about to fuse two Setzer's together to get his TM but one of my Setzer doesn't show up as material. He isn't locked nor in any one of my party. What gives??

fionel

Like I said, he isn't locked. I have a 3rd Setzer who is at level 100 @ 6* and that shows under materials.. I must be going crazy...

Kettch

I have two 20 die already. One on each Lightning for my Arena party. I don't think they stack with each other so the other spot is going to be for Ribbons once I farm those. I believe only the defense stacks on the die not the evade.

EDIT: http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Twenty-sided_Die yeah, look like the evades don't stack together if you equip two die on one character.

I guess I could grind out three more one for each member of my Arena team but it only seems worth it if you have innate evade on your character already. I only have Lightning x 2. No Noctis or Ling to make it worth wild... But who know maybe I'll just say fuck it and combine 2 and 2 and 1.

I'm guessing Ring of the Lucii dodge won't stack with itself either if that's the case, but does anyone know for sure? Can't really find a definitive answer.

I might go for a die first before a second ring in that case.

tuffymon

I'm guessing Ring of the Lucii dodge won't stack with itself either if that's the case, but does anyone know for sure? Can't really find a definitive answer.

I might go for a die first before a second ring in that case.

The ring does stack. Seen videos with people doing double rings and having perfect dodge.

Lyrian

Inspired by that reddit thread about oldest friends, I took a look at mine and...

327 days, damn!
Time sure flies.

Oldest GAF'ers on my friends list (top 5 days played):

Ouro, Indigo Cyclops, Wired all Wrong --> 294 days

Advocatus Diaboli, Xion, LucaMac, SasukeGA,Chilly (inactive) --> 293 days

Miguel (??? Not in Playbook) --> 291 days

C-Murph --> 287 days

Adam (Ninja Kn1ght) --> 278 days

Hm. Bought some lapis to get Setzer on my TM farming PC. (I don't pull anything but dailies on my phone.)

Ended up getting my third Shine along the way, plus my first Ribbon through 3 extra Kefkas. I ultimately learned that it makes no sense to do any pull but a daily or a 10+1. (I tried to snipe for a while, and it worked to a predictable degree; that is, not at all.) And it felt kinda empty. I'm completely satisfied with the outcome, but eh -- back to hoarding.

Incidentally, for anyone who was salty on the last banner, I ended up with 2 extra Xons. So yeah, I retroactively realized that you'll get any Gold unit you want... eventually. And probably sooner than you think.

Lyrian

So yeah, I retroactively realized that you'll get any Gold unit you want... eventually. And probably sooner than you think.

Yup, as long as it it's not a limited-time unit.

Ancient secret folklore rumors sometimes imply that there may even be highly increased drop rates for the gold unit directly on the next banner **after** it is actually needed...

... but who believes those old fairy tales anyways?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Yup, as long as it it's not a limited-time unit.

Ancient secret folklore rumors sometimes imply that there may even be highly increased drop rates for the gold unit directly on the next banner **after** it is actually needed...

... but who believes those old fairy tales anyways?

(I subscribe to this theory btw)

Rixa

^^ 8 Golds +4*tix gold from this banner.
Still Xonless, I want to get rid of my damn Patches moogles.

VH1 Classic usually as music channel.

Lucreto

I already bought all tickets and star quartz + the 10% Moogle in less than 3 days, will aim for 1 support Purecryst and that's it.
I don't need awakening mats since I don't pull and already have 40+ of each.

I just want to be ready for Ramza's enhancement day one if it comes in the second wave.

What's the best way to gain more fish?

It took me 3 days to get to 10K and I only got that far thanks to fellow GAF members. I am eyeing those 35k state boost ones.

I have 2 bonus characters and a few bonus GAF members to carry my party through the more difficult ones.

I have one who can take on Ultima Weapon in 3 rounds if luck is on my side but I will be lucky to do that one twice a day.

c-murph

C-Murph --> 287 days

I'm old.

Top Ten Oldest List:
Miguel - 291 days
Xion - 290 days
Celegus - 290 days
Talbain - 290 days
DieHard - r/FFBE - 288 days
Zafir - 287 days
Lyrian - 287 days
DQDQDQ - r/FFBE - 286 days
Aaron@/r - r/FFBE - 285 days
Azuran - 285 days

What's the best way to gain more fish?

It took me 3 days to get to 10K and I only got that far thanks to fellow GAF members. I am eyeing those 35k state boost ones.

I have 2 bonus characters and a few bonus GAF members to carry my party through the more difficult ones.

I have one who can take on Ultima Weapon in 3 rounds if luck is on my side but I will be lucky to do that one twice a day.

You should get some strong char from gaf, imho..
if you luck out you can run all crappy bonus units, and ungodly friend gaf..
else you can run with 1 gaf very good unit, 1 very good unit of your own, rest bonus units..
usually i run with someone's orlandu//someone's noctis//someone's GEARED setzer + my olive + rest of team bonus..

unfortunately the special encounter rate is really crappy for this event :/

bonkeng

I like how Setzer can chain with Yun better than Yun can chain with himself

I'm not doubting you or anything but I'm curious, how did you end up with this conclusion?

I can chain 2 Yuns perfectly well with each other. And 2 Setzers too. But I'm having a difficult time with 1 Yun and 1 Setzer to get a perfect 19-hit chain between Raging Bird and Red Card.

Ouro, Indigo Cyclops, Wired all Wrong --> 294 days

Advocatus Diaboli, Xion, LucaMac, SasukeGA,Chilly (inactive) --> 293 days

Miguel (??? Not in Playbook) --> 291 days

C-Murph --> 287 days

Adam (Ninja Kn1ght) --> 278 days

Yup have you as one of my top 5 as well.

The rest:
Robsan21, Rudeboy, Nomidor and Powerade

Dandte

Looks like i'm missing a lot of gaf in my fl. Need to change this asap. Also looking at 347 days of log in i realize we soon will see our first anni, yay.

Rixa

Looks like i'm missing a lot of gaf in my fl. Need to change this asap. Also looking at 347 days of log in i realize we soon will see our first anni, yay.

Hello sir:

Screenshot_20170424-145910.png

I started 341 days ago, by the day I started you were already a Veteran.

3 Days after I started my party looked like this:

Screenshot_20160519-153800.png

^^
Notice 2 FP units :p

Took this pic 20.5.2016
Screenshot_20160520-061405.png

^^
Such a "lovely" soft launch monthly calendar...

Kouriozan

Soft launch nostalgia time?

Finally defeated the White Dragon with this team :

j1toNvbl.jpg

ExDeath 5* lvl 67
Lasswell 4* lvl 60
Rain 4* lvl 60
Rizer 2* lvl 29
Anastasis 3* lvl 38

So yeah, only ExDeath and Lasswell did enough damage, Rize was here trying to paralyze him but failed and died horribly, Lasswell's Mirage helped a lot, and it would have been easier if I grinded ExDeath's exp a bit more for auto-regen.
It's also my 9th day since I started playing

Also, if you want a solid date for the anniversary, I took that screenshot back then :

LULkr4pl.jpg

Just wanted to post a quick link to this topic on Reddit.

Maybe some of the JP players can chime on in this, but I know I personally completely wrote off the Tabby Suit and wasn't aiming to bother picking it up. But as it turns out, it can be very useful for a few select units (Snow, Ling, etc.) and could be potentially great for Rikku when she drops because she can't equip robes.

Looks like I might nab it just in case, since I don't really have much to spend these fish on anyways.

Rixa

Maybe some of the JP players can chime on in this, but I know I personally completely wrote off the Tabby Suit and wasn't aiming to bother picking it up. But as it turns out, it can be very useful for a few select units (Snow, Ling, etc.) and could be potentially great for Rikku when she drops because she can't equip robes.

Looks like I might nab it just in case, since I don't really have much to spend these fish on anyways.

Everyone should spend 10000 Fish to Tabby suit.

Visceir

The general rule would be to pick up every event equip as you never know when you might need em in future and you'll never have the chance to get them again...minus the low atk no element weapons, I guess.

Kouriozan

Man, looking at OT 1, I was super excited when I got Rainbow Chizuru and Rainbow WoL, now that's kinda sad nowaday when I think about it. x)
(Gumi where's my 6* WoL?!)

Also f*cked up rates back then too, remember 1st Zidane banner?

Alkez

Also f*cked up rates back then too, remember 1st Zidane banner?

Remember? I'll never forget that nonsense lol. I was lucky enough to summon one in a few tickets on the Thursday before the 7 unit banner (though apparently the rates were better on that one).

Someone made a Hitler rages video on the Friday the banner dropped. Still makes me laugh.

Thanks for the heads up. Didn't realise it gave HP 10%. Nearly missed out on it. It's like the Survival Edge all over again. I wrote it of and only realised it gave HP on the last day, just in time for me to get it. I should be able to get the Tabby Suit from dailies now I'm done farming.

Kouriozan

Remember? I'll never forget that nonsense lol. I was lucky enough to summon one in a few tickets on the Thursday before the 7 unit banner (though apparently the rates were better on that one).

Someone made a Hitler rages video on the Friday the banner dropped. Still makes me laugh.
Yes, the best thing about that banner is that Reddit advised to get at least 5 Zidanes, then they saw felt the rates and meltdowns ensued.

Menchi

Nice save vs. death there on Orlandeau :)

And as usual, I'm sleeping on the job? Sounds about right!

Haha, I had an unlucky 2 streak with Cursed Card so had to wing it and go for the kill... didn't quite get it and we'll, Old man just about hung on :p You've pulled through wonderfully every other time though!

I finally got a Napales, so that was a nice 4.5k boost! Unless next week is a nice boost I doubt I'll be hitting any of the Purecrysts though, but everything else will be gotten. Tabby Suit definitely seems worth it though even if niche.

c-murph

Nepala drop rates increase yet or just RNG? I've done three runs this morning and saw her twice. That makes three so far. Although the last time I got her was when I was grinding for 6* mats last week sometime.

Nikokuno

My little brother did a yolo pull on this banner :
Trance Terra as first pull
Setzer
Terra
Kefka
And ... Dark/Majin Fina.

It's even better since he really wanted Majin Fina and never get her.

Now he have Noctis/T.Terra/Fina as 5*

Pejo

Gold Member
Hello sir:

Screenshot_20170424-145910.png

I started 341 days ago, by the day I started you were already a Veteran.

3 Days after I started my party looked like this:

Screenshot_20160519-153800.png

^^
Notice 2 FP units :p

Took this pic 20.5.2016
Screenshot_20160520-061405.png

^^
Such a "lovely" soft launch monthly calendar...

Lol good times. I remember getting Cecil and Sabin out of my first pulls because I didn't re-roll, I was so damn excited.

Rixa, coincdentally you're my oldest GAF friend, but I somehow have friends older that aren't from GAF. I could have sworn I started this game after reading about it here, but I guess I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom