• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuffymon

The bonus enemies rate is quite high though. Shit is bad in general but it's far from the worst event.

It looks awful because we just had the best event in this game history, rates-wise.

2 nelepa and 1 bomb in 46 runs... I feel this makes up for how great I had it during the chocobos... not every event will have awesome drop rates ; ;

Kouriozan

I already bought all tickets and star quartz + the 10% Moogle in less than 3 days, will aim for 1 support Purecryst and that's it.
I don't need awakening mats since I don't pull and already have 40+ of each.

I just want to be ready for Ramza's enhancement day one if it comes in the second wave.

mstevens

stevens, let me know if you'd like me to setup noctank or something~

I do believe that our 100 lapis a day bonus has expired, made me a little sad :(

It's possible I'm just not ready gear wise. My DPS has pretty good TMs and stuff, but I'm trying to use rain to seal a few things and he keeps getting ripped to shreds by double X slashes or whatever.

My set up is

Noctis with Trident and Durandal
Cecil
Rain with Survival Edge (and Lava Floor for Fire and Earth)
Y'shtola
Friend Noctis for Thunder Flask

MP management was an issue as well as Rain dying. I might wait until I get some better tank/healing gear, unless there's an obvious fix in my strategy that I'm missing.

Not in a huge hurry to finish this.. I just could get some use out of that Katana.

tuffymon

unless there's an obvious fix in my strategy that I'm missing.

I feel like there's no shame in doing the achievements in waves, use 6 at first, trying for no items if possible... then 5 etc. At least this isn't time limited, and of course whatever path you take is up to you~

although, why doesn't the noctis with trident/durandal not flask? leaving the 5th/6th to something else?

It's possible I'm just not ready gear wise. My DPS has pretty good TMs and stuff, but I'm trying to use rain to seal a few things and he keeps getting ripped to shreds by double X slashes or whatever.

My set up is

Noctis with Trident and Durandal
Cecil
Rain with Survival Edge (and Lava Floor for Fire and Earth)
Y'shtola
Friend Noctis for Thunder Flask

MP management was an issue as well as Rain dying. I might wait until I get some better tank/healing gear, unless there's an obvious fix in my strategy that I'm missing.

Not in a huge hurry to finish this.. I just could get some use out of that Katana.

Do you have Snow? Rain fucked up that entire trial for me because he kept covering and getting wrecked. Rain be replaced with someone else, just need to ensure you have the proper elements covered.

mstevens

I feel like there's no shame in doing the achievements in waves, use 6 at first, trying for no items if possible... then 5 etc. At least this isn't time limited, and of course whatever path you take is up to you~

although, why doesn't the noctis with trident/durandal not flask? leaving the 5th/6th to something else?

Ah, yeah I don't have a complete handle on the mechanics I guess. Didn't realize that would work.

Do you have Snow? Rain fucked up that entire trial for me because he kept covering and getting wrecked. Rain be replaced with someone else, just need to ensure you have the proper elements covered.

I do have snow. Right now Noctis is covering water, light, and lightning. What's the easiest way to cover the rest with Snow and a friend unit?

I actually don't care too much about the 5 or less achievement for now, because I have a lot of Shines ready to farm. What would be a helpful 6th person. Orlandu or another healer for mp management purposes?

Ah, yeah I don't have a complete handle on the mechanics I guess. Didn't realize that would work.

I do have snow. Right now Noctis is covering water, light, and lightning. What's the easiest way to cover the rest with Snow and a friend unit?

I actually don't care too much about the 5 or less achievement for now, because I have a lot of Shines ready to farm. What would be a helpful 6th person. Orlandu or another healer for mp management purposes?

Try this and see if it helps. It doesn't mention snow but ive seen comps where he was replaced by Rain.

http://ffbe.kongbakpao.com/gilgamesh-trial/

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Gilgamesh's_Offensive as well.

If you want I can setup a 100% evade noct for you. Let me now. He will not have full status immunity.....yet. Discernment is at 65%. Will be done by next week. I believe I used Bartz, Noct, Cecil, Ling, and Refia to do this. You may have to check back lots of pages in this OT2 or the other OT for the various comps we used around here but hopefully what I provided will be helpful.

mstevens

Try this and see if it helps. It doesn't mention snow but ive seen comps where he was replaced by Rain.

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Gilgamesh's_Offensive as well.

If you want I can setup a 100% evade noct for you. Let me now. He will not have full status immunity.....yet. Discernment is at 65%. Will be done by next week. I believe I used Bartz, Noct, Cecil, Ling, and Refia to do this. You may have to check back lots of pages in this OT2 or the other OT for the various comps we used around here but hopefully what I provided will be helpful.

Great, thanks. I think I have enough star quartz to pick up man eater, so I might do that.

It looks like the important ones I'm missing are Wind and Fire without Rain. I have Survival Edges that I can put on Cecil (who will be off tanking with Snow there) and it looks like I can pick up Flametongue for Olandu from an exploration map.

It also looks like Refia is a better choice than Y'shtola.

So the set up will be

Noctis - Water/Light/Thunder Flask each turn
Refia - Embolden at 80%, 50%, 30% and healing
Orlandu - Fire
Cecil - Wind, off tank, off heal
Snow - Tank

Anything missing? What should I have friend Noctis do, cover then flask? (I probably need an hour or so to get everything set up properly since I'm multitasking some RL stuff right now too, so don't worry about switching your friend unit yet if you don't want.)

Great, thanks. I think I have enough star quartz to pick up man eater, so I might do that.

It looks like the important ones I'm missing are Wind and Fire without Rain. I have Survival Edges that I can put on Cecil (who will be off tanking with Snow there) and it looks like I can pick up Flametongue for Olandu from an exploration map.

It also looks like Refia is a better choice than Y'shtola.

So the set up will be

Noctis - Water/Light/Thunder Flask each turn
Refia - Embolden at 80%, 50%, 30% and healing
Orlandu - Fire
Cecil - Wind, off tank, off heal
Snow - Tank

Anything missing? What should I have friend Noctis do, cover then flask?

You need someone covering holy. Most importantly, remember that it's an endurance Fight and your unis surviving is key. Stack as much hp as you can on all units, muscle belts, hp materias, ect. Your healer should be at 4.5k hp minimum and try to stack as much hp/mp on her as you can. You can use the water blade, earth blade, fire blade, etc. craftables for coverage if you're lacking an element/weapon.

mstevens

You need someone covering holy. Most importantly, remember that it's an endurance Fight and your unis surviving is key. Stack as much hp as you can on all units, muscle belts, hp materias, ect. Your healer should be at 4.5k hp minimum and try to stack as much hp/mp on her as you can. You can use the water blade, earth blade, fire blade, etc. craftables for coverage if you're lacking an element/weapon.

I have Durandal on Noctis, that counts for Holy right?

Okay I'm going to take a few days to craft up some stuff. Good start though, I think I have my head wrapped around it a little better now. Thanks!

Syntsui

Alterna is so much more powerful than any other magic ability it's not even funny, totally worth it to sacrifice 30% MAG for it, there is no reason to use anything else. Equip your TTs wih it, guys.

Kettch

This event seems about the same as usual, maybe a bit easier since I already had a bunch of bonus units.

It's only been 4 days, and I've finished the tickets, Beret, Tabby Suit, Star Quartz and topped off my 6* materials to 50 each. I'll probably just do the daily for Gigantuars now.

Kouriozan

You mean hope... as groundbreaking as Ramza's enhancements are, they might not come until wave 5...
Yes of course x)
I've seen argument about how it was too soon compared to JP, but we also get some events way sooner than JP with unchanged difficulty.
Kefka trial is probably going to be a massacre.

Alterna is so much more powerful than any other magic ability it's not even funny, totally worth it to sacrifice 30% MAG for it, there is no reason to use anything else. Equip your TTs wih it, guys.

Went ahead and switched mine with a Ring on. Didn't realize you could 1 shot Ultima with it if you debuff him.

c-murph

This event seems about the same as usual, maybe a bit easier since I already had a bunch of bonus units.

It's only been 4 days, and I've finished the tickets, Beret, Tabby Suit, Star Quartz and topped off my 6* materials to 50 each. I'll probably just do the daily for Gigantuars now.

Yeah, event is basically the same as the others. I generally don't start grinding for the big items until the second week.

Also, Blade Mastery No.2/3 and Quick Assault No.4 Get!

Time to get rid of a bunch of groups of 5 characters I'm been combining and saving.
5 Sazh, 5 Popoi, 5 more Popoi, 5 Shantotto, 5 More Shantotto, 5 Kain, 5 Golbez, 5 Tellah... A few more too (like 7 Kefkas and 7 Terras; hence why I didn't need to pull) but I want to get rid of these lot first. Lot of toys for when I need a Mage Party. This should keep me busy for the next two weeks. Maybe even sooner... I think a lot of them have like 5-10% already on them.

c-murph

why merge 5 sazh? or do you already have more than enough evade sources?

I have two 20 die already. One on each Lightning for my Arena party. I don't think they stack with each other so the other spot is going to be for Ribbons once I farm those. I believe only the defense stacks on the die not the evade.

EDIT: http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Twenty-sided_Die yeah, look like the evades don't stack together if you equip two die on one character.

I guess I could grind out three more one for each member of my Arena team but it only seems worth it if you have innate evade on your character already. I only have Lightning x 2. No Noctis or Ling to make it worth wild... But who know maybe I'll just say fuck it and combine 2 and 2 and 1.

tuffymon

I have two 20 die already. One on each Lightning for my Arena party. I don't think they stack with each other so the other spot is going to be for Ribbons once I farm those. I believe only the defense stacks on the die not the evade.

Fair enough, I've heard conflicting reports... but wiki states it doesn't.

Syntsui

I hope one day they give a fuck about the Arena and balance that mess. Mages are fucked every two weeks, evade and status effects are king, chaining completely breaks it.

tuffymon

I hope one day they give a fuck about the Arena and balance that mess. Mages are fucked every two weeks, evade and status effects are king, chaining completely breaks it.

I had my first turn lose last night... 3 setzer's, a ling, and a tt... I watched myself getting decimated by status effects before I got my first turn... >.>; i'd use status protections, but its the same group i do everything else with... one day when we can have different loadouts... /dreaming

Syntsui

I had my first turn lose last night... 3 setzer's, a ling, and a tt... I watched myself getting decimated by status effects before I got my first turn... >.>; i'd use status protections, but its the same group i do everything else with... one day when we can have different loadouts... /dreaming

Equipment loadouts are ESSENTIAL, it boggles my mind it wasn't brought to their attention yet. I just can't set a proper arena team because I fucking need those equipments on my main team.

SeanTSC

Eh, even when dualcast is locked I'd take 4 ExDeaths and a Ling over a 4x Melee team. Running into Evade is far more obnoxious than losing DC. I love weeks where you don't have to worry about Stop, then I just Thundaga Chain with ExDeathx2 and Noctisx2 all day. Yeah, it sucks when DC is locked out, but a 4-5x magic chain is still enough to wipe out most units unless they're HP stacked.

Syntsui

All players should just agree to only run 5-Exdeath teams with HP over 5k.

One bad roll and everyone is dead. If people care enough to actually grind until they fight the evade teams, they don't want to risk getting wiped. There are just too many AoE skills that can be used to wipe these paper-thin mages.

c-murph

I do my 5 wins, I leave Arena alone. Always end up in the top 90k.

I do maybe 10-15 a day just for the medals to get pots. Still got to power up DKC and save for Tilith 6*. But yeah, stop aiming for 30k a log time ago. 5 minimum a day for the lapis.

SeanTSC

One bad roll and everyone is dead. If people care enough to actually grind until they fight the evade teams, they don't want to risk getting wiped. There are just too many AoE skills that can be used to wipe these paper-thin mages.

Paper thin? ExDeath wears Heavy Armor, Heavy Shields, Helms, and can still hit 999 (and I've seen hits up to 2.5k on chains) damage even with 2x Muscle Belts and 4x HP materia and no +Magic equip except a Staff. He has 5.6k+ hp if HP pot'd and only using 10% hp materia. My first ExDeath who uses my Grand Helm and Force Armor has 336 Defense and my one with just Gold Helm/Armor has 282 Defense. That's not paper thin, imo.

Xion86

Why Orlandeau and noctis?

Ah just the Divine Ruination and Fire Flask combo makes me fly through all rounds pressing Repeat...I'm just being lazy haha. But now my Setzer is maxed I'm going to see if he can do a lot more to help. Tried a few rounds without Noctis and was getting owned if the last round didn't go to plan.

At some point I would like to go through them all in order, see how the series developed over the years. Been trying to decide today whether to get a vita or not. I like the portability and being able to multitask with a handheld, but I could just get them on steam and not have to spend £100 on a vita (or £200 brand new).

That's what I've been doing on my PS Vita :) as I got into the series at 7 and followed each from there, only touching on the older ones when I was younger but never finishing. So I've gone from 1-5 so far :).

You're only missing out on one of the greatest jrpg of all time.

Seriously, you should play the game, it's better than most rpgs released in the past 20 years.

I'm very much looking forward to getting into it :) can't wait.

Been fairly busy today, not had much chance to do much in the event, only a few rounds. Going to use my NRG bar and one refil for TM farming overnight instead I think.

I got another Gold on my daily though! (Vanille), that's 4 Golds in a row for dailies. I think Gumi is listening, after me moaning about not seeing a Gold in Daily for months and months...

Oh and I've just got Setzer to 100/100 so I'll share him instead of my high MAG Kefka if that helps more? And would it be useful to equip a couple of Poach abilities on him?

Syntsui

Paper thin? ExDeath wears Heavy Armor, Heavy Shields, Helms, and can still hit 999 (and I've seen hits up to 2.5k on chains) damage even with 2x Muscle Belts and 4x HP materia and no +Magic equip except a Staff. He has 5.6k+ hp if HP pot'd and only using 10% hp materia. My first ExDeath who uses my Grand Helm and Force Armor has 336 Defense and my one with just Gold Helm/Armor has 282 Defense. That's not paper thin, imo.
All irrelevant he will be hit 999 every time and you won't have 5x Exdeath with 5k HP.

It's risky no matter how you sugarcoat it

I'm not saying it doesn't work, I couldn't care less about an optimal team myself because I play it 5x and call it a day. But if people want to grind and get high streaks, definetely don't go with a full mage team.

SeanTSC

All irrelevant he will be hit 999 every time and you won't have 5x Exdeath with 5k HP.

It's risky no matter how you sugarcoat it

I'm not saying it doesn't work, I couldn't care less about an optimal team myself because I play it 5x and call it a day. But if people want to grind and get high streaks, definetely don't go with a full mage team.

Uh, bullshit. I'm almost always sub 1k in rank and I'd always run Mages over Melee. if I didn't have 2 Noctis I'd just sub them out for 2 more ExDeath and still rarely ever lose. I regularly go months without a loss and end up with 160+ streaks, since I burn every orb, and it'd be the same with 4x ExDeath + Ling. It's very easy to hit 5k hp on him, you just need Muscle Belts and 10% materia and on the units that you can throw 15%'s or better on you're even higher.

No offense, but if you only play 5x a day, you don't have much experience. I burn every single orb every single day. This is my experience running mages.

Syntsui

Uh, bullshit. I'm almost always sub 1k in rank and I'd always run Mages over Melee. if I didn't have 2 Noctis I'd just sub them out for 2 more ExDeath and still rarely ever lose. I regularly go months without a loss and end up with 160+ streaks, since I burn every orb, and it'd be the same with 4x ExDeath + Ling.
So you don't run a full mage team, why are you even quoting me? Don't contest something if you are not the subject of the matter.

SeanTSC

So you don't run a full mage team, why are you even quoting me? Don't contest something if you are not the subject of the matter.

My experience is still more relevant than yours, because I do run mages at the very high end of the Arena. You play 5x per day and do not come close to that rank. Noctis is not any more beefy than ExDeath is. Both of my Noctis' have less Defense and less Spirit than my ExDeaths. One of them has the same HP as them and the other has a couple hundred more. I could easily swap them out for 2 more ExDeaths and perform just as well sub 1k in rank.

Shouta

I find it easier to run mages in arena to higher levels than melee specifically because of evade issues. You just need to deal with status effect spam from the enemy team. On the other hand, I run an enhanced WoL in arena as well. He just takes all the physical damage aside from the random AOE they might do so my mages hardly get touched. Luka takes care of everyone else's status ailments as well.

Kouriozan

Inspired by that reddit thread about oldest friends, I took a look at mine and...

8ImJgskl.jpg

327 days, damn!
Time sure flies.

SeanTSC

I find it easier to run mages in arena to higher levels than melee specifically because of evade issues. You just need to deal with status effect spam from the enemy team. On the other hand, I run an enhanced WoL in arena as well. He just takes all the physical damage aside from the random AOE they might do so my mages hardly get touched. Luka takes care of everyone else's status ailments as well.

Yeah, Ling takes care of Status stuff for us on Global. She's super squishy though, mine only has 5k hp and that's with Survival Edge, 3x 15% HPs and the 15% hp accessory. Ring of Lucii and Dualcast take up the other two slots for me. I use her for Alterna rather than Dance of Death at this point, she's basically another Mage with high Evade that can group cure effects if I need it. Sadly her Alterna doesn't work into the Chain.

I'm probably going to start churning out 30% HP Materia and Arsha's Talismans after my next few Phys DPS materia are finished since I'm at the point where I'm basically just equipping my third and fourth Phys DPS for PVE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom