• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xion86

I really should play through FF6 properly (I only remember starting it as a kid). Have it downloaded on my Vita ready to play as I finished 5. Hopefully soon :)

Surprised I got another Gold for today's Daily, was Garnet, been so long since I've been started to see Golds in Daily pulls.

Just been grinding the event today, nothing too exciting.

Using:
Kefka
Orlandeau
Terra
Noctis
Setzer

I just pick the more expensive damage dealing moves on Round 1 and spam "Repeat" until the end...quite a repetitive grind, but does the job :p.

Malakhov

Banned
I really should play through FF6 properly (I only remember starting it as a kid). Have it downloaded on my Vita ready to play as I finished 5. Hopefully soon :)
You owe it to yourself, it was so great. I miss those days, RPGs seemed so much better.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
DKS is a great TM for both Gigla and Luneth. Unless you're covered in 5* units and TMs, it adds 30% ATK and turns a Demon Mail into more ATK than Brave Suit with a single spot.

Ken

Surprised I got another Gold for today's Daily, was Garnet, been so long since I've been started to see Golds in Daily pulls.

Just been grinding the event today, nothing too exciting.

Using:
Kefka
Orlandeau
Terra
Noctis
Setzer

I just pick the more expensive damage dealing moves on Round 1 and spam "Repeat" until the end...quite a repetitive grind, but does the job :p.

Why Orlandeau and noctis?

Alkez

Hockey talk:

I feel for the Wild. They played well. Dominated that OT. Should be going to game 6 now but alas, sport is cruel like that.

Habs better do the business tonight!

At some point I would like to go through them all in order, see how the series developed over the years. Been trying to decide today whether to get a vita or not. I like the portability and being able to multitask with a handheld, but I could just get them on steam and not have to spend £100 on a vita (or £200 brand new).

Malakhov

Banned
Habs better do the business tonight!
30 mins before the puck drops, nervous as hell.

Yeah, agreed 100%. I farmed two of them - one for Greg, one for Luneth. Greg uses Sakaurafubuki and Mana Blade (Randi TM); Luneth uses Sakura and Enhancer.

DKS frees up materia for other units, which is why I like it.
Oops missed your post, sorry. I completely forgot about Mana blade, no elemental attached to it unlike the moonblade. Nice sword!

First time I played through it, I didnt wait for shadow , I was dumb :(
Made sure to freaking wait for him the 2nd time around.

Muku

Folks saying they 100% paralyze weapon, but it's been mostly fail for me. Curse Card not sticking. Blade Bash paralyze not sticking. I think yall are just really lucky. Or maybe in my case this game hates me.

across

I don't want to dogpile on the DKS topic since Lyrian did his thing, but for anyone keeping track of the near-ish future...

Killing Machine's TM (remember how useful * Killer abilities are? Ifrit? Hello? Bueller?)
Onion Knight's TM is a sword, as is Tidus's. Camille's TM, a water element sword that grants dual wield with another sword.
Units like Rasler, Forren, Glauca who can't equip Katanas or Clothes (so Blade Mastery & Brave Suits are out). Nyx can do Clothes but his weapon proficiencies are Dagger, Sword, Throwing Weapon. Dark Veritas can't wear Clothes, et cetera.
Then there's the fact that we all have Demon Mail but we don't all have Brave Suit.

Diversification of your options is generally a good idea. Plus you never know when Delita will pop out of a rainbow crystal to troll you.

bonkeng

So whats the chance to palsy ultima weapon with cursed card?????

Because i tried 10 times, and the 10 times i paralized u.weapon first try.

It does fail. But rate of success is quite high, around 9/10.

What I would do for a Luneth or Olive or Yun right about now.

I might even spend a bit of money.

Nah maybe not that crazy.

If I could go back in time I'd probably spend money for a Yun instead of just pulling for Ling with tickets.

Why the sudden craving for Yun?

Why are we collecting fish for this event? I'm one of those awful people who hasn't played FF6 so I'm confused.

Mini game in ff6.

You're only missing out on one of the greatest jrpg of all time.

Seriously, you should play the game, it's better than most rpgs released in the past 20 years.

I can't believe people are playing this game but haven't played the best FF of all time.....you damn cretins!!! J/k but play the fucking game it's amazing. I play through once a year personally.

It does fail. But rate of success is quite high, around 9/10.

Why the sudden craving for Yun?

Mini game in ff6.

You're only missing out on one of the greatest jrpg of all time.

Seriously, you should play the game, it's better than most rpgs released in the past 20 years.

Cause I need a decent fifth. I'd love a Noctis as well.

Hell, give me a 5* base to work with, game.

Azuran

Banned
You owe it to yourself, it was so great. I miss those days, RPGs seemed so much better.

It's funny reading stuff like this especially since we have gotten plenty of great to amazing RPGs such as Trails of Cold Steel 2, Persona 5, Final Fantasy XV, Nier Automata, Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse and Tales of Berseria in the past year.

And it doesn't even stop there considering Dragon Quest XI, Xenoblade 2, and Kingdom Hearts 3 are on their way.

jtan

Hey guys, just start playing for the first time. I had a question. Should I just stick to summoning from the daily half off banner or should I be pulling from other specific ones?

Rixa

DKS is custom made for Gilgamesh, I wouldn't of SINGLED farmed this if not for Gilgamesh. Hence why I dont understand why people were deceived by it.

At worst, it'll be a 30% atk for a unit that uses swords. I will probably farm a second one since I have 4 Leon's now lying around.
Yeah, sure give me Delita for Moonblade...
Almost everyone has access to Excalibur.

Do I remember right that Enhancements give Greatsword Mastery (or higher %) to Gilgamesh?

tuffymon

How many unit slots do you guys currently have? And how many units are you up to?

129/150

DKS is custom made for Gilgamesh, I wouldn't of SINGLED farmed this if not for Gilgamesh. Hence why I dont understand why people were deceived by it.

At worst, it'll be a 30% atk for a unit that uses swords. I will probably farm a second one since I have 4 Leon's now lying around.

I don't get the hate for Dks either, I only have 1 Excal (only 1 Cecil), so it helps up my damage on everyone else...

One of the more touching moments of FF6, is just after the mid-game boss. (In FFBE, the background of the dungeon being played is the mid-game boss stage in FF6).

Celes and Cid are seperated from the party, washed up on Solitary Island.

Cid has become deathly ill, and is dying. Celes, in a deperate attempt to save his life, attempts to collect fish to restore his life. Relevant Story/pics --> HERE.

Which is somewhat mindboggling, that the fish story arc of FF6 revolves around Celes, who is NOT featured at all in this event.

Also, the fish arc is AFTER the floating island arc too... not while we're on it >.>;

mstevens

Wow, those two Quick Assaults I just finished up sure made a difference. First 800+ attack character (Fake Noctis). Feels good!

Edit: Just spent 20 minutes setting up my party to take on the Gilgamesh trial and got beat up. Feels bad.

tuffymon

stevens, let me know if you'd like me to setup noctank or something~

I do believe that our 100 lapis a day bonus has expired, made me a little sad :(

Alkez

Decided to increase my slots from (159/)160 to 200. Realised these TMs are going too slowly with all the grinding and there's going to be more TM units to pick up in the future.

Plus I could finally pick up the loyalty bonus box lol.

I think it's more of a kid memory..
The only thing I'm missing is that we've yet to see another jrpg with such a grim story as xenogears..
I mean, even tactics rpg, while none has topped fft, we have some tact-rpg which were almost as good..

But if you look at it from an honest perspective, even if we consider ONLY 2000+ rpg, we have received a lot...
I'm shamefully behind the curve, with me having 99% of the rpg (argo, srpg. Wrpg, jrpg, whatever) but having managed to finish less than 30%..

The thing is that the PEAK quality might be lower, but the median quality is much higher and the sheer quantity is absurd..
let's assume I was a kid again, running on quasi-unlimited budget like now (I'm 30, own 2 houses, have a steady job, no family, no fixed girl , no sons//daughters that I'm aware of), I know for sure that I wouldn't manage anyway to cover all rpg that are out..
If I throw in the mix some beu or shump it's even worse...

Take for example persona 5..
1 generic run..
1 must get everything run...
You're looking at least at 80 hours combined.....

tuffymon

I wouldn't worry about trying ALL rpgs, there is definitely a creme de la creme for sure... of which is constantly being added to of course. you can easily narrow down through youtube and google what's playable and fits your style now... back in the day... you trusted a buddy who might own it, a game magazine, the 1 paragraph description on the back, or hoped a rental place had it if you were really unsure...

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Hey guys, just start playing for the first time. I had a question. Should I just stick to summoning from the daily half off banner or should I be pulling from other specific ones?

I think the cost effective thing is to stick to half off every day and then use tickets you accumulate when trying to go for a specific unit. I didn't do a multi pull until the player's choice when I was trying to get multiple specific units.

Alkez

Finished farming the event. Wondering if i should go for a purecryst. I'll need to do 10 runs a day, not including rare spawns.

Still have around 40 NRG this morning so maybe it can change, but this is like the Nimbus event all over again for me.

So special units battled yet except for one bomb and on day 4, spending at least 2 full NRG bars a day (104 NRG /per)

I'm getting really bored.

Edit - What a shock, no more NRG left and I again ran into zero bonus units.

These garbage drop rates better change in week 2 or I'm giving up on this trash event. 600-700 fish with 250% bonus is absurd when you consider things like Purecryst are 80k and ATK +15% are 35k.

Malakhov

Banned
It's funny reading stuff like this especially since we have gotten plenty of great to amazing RPGs such as Trails of Cold Steel 2, Persona 5, Final Fantasy XV, Nier Automata, Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse and Tales of Berseria in the past year.

And it doesn't even stop there considering Dragon Quest XI, Xenoblade 2, and Kingdom Hearts 3 are on their way.
It's about individual taste. For me, FFV, FFVI, FFVII and FFIX were the pinnacle, it went downhill from there.

There's a huge part of nostalgia to it, but don't get me started on games like FFXV, it's really not my thing now. It doesnt even feel like a RPG anymore.

Do I remember right that Enhancements give Greatsword Mastery (or higher %) to Gilgamesh?

Yes, Gilga will have +50% attack with katanas, swords, great swords, daggers and lances.

I think it's more of a kid memory...
Yeah, like I said, nostalgia plays a big part but whatever comes out these days just dont feel the same as back then. For me, it topped with FFIX.

Rixa

Still have around 40 NRG this morning so maybe it can change, but this is like the Nimbus event all over again for me.

So special units battled yet except for one bomb and on day 4, spending at least 2 full NRG bars a day (104 NRG /per)

I'm getting really bored.

Most of us here and in Discord chat (link in OT OP) has moved back to TM farming. Iam only doing 3 per day event, will only do more if I for some reason neez to burn nrg fast.

Malakhov

Banned
Most of us here and in Discord chat (link in OT OP) has moved back to TM farming. Iam only doing 3 per day event, will only do more if I for some reason neez to burn nrg fast.
I'm done with the event now, got the 120k fish I needed. Back to tm farming, 2 tarsha's talismans to finish and one brave suit.

I just don't understand events like this with just bad drop rates and even spawn rates.

Is this event nerfed compared to JP or were their rates just as bad?

Or maybe I was just so spoiled from the last two events. :)

Syntsui

I just don't understand events like this with just bad drop rates and even spawn rates.

Is this event nerfed compared to JP or were their rates just as bad?

Or maybe I was just so spoiled from the last two events. :)
The bonus enemies rate is quite high though. Shit is bad in general but it's far from the worst event.

It looks awful because we just had the best event in this game history, rates-wise.

Malakhov

Banned
The bonus enemies rate is quite high though. Shit is bad in general but it's far from the worst event.

It looks awful because we just had the best event in this game history, rates-wise.
I agree. I'm getting a lot of bonus enemies and since we could use terra and kefka, I can go with 5 bonus units.

I feel the rates on the banner for the new units are horrible though, I can't wait to see it on reddit but it took a whole lot just to get one setzer and even one gau.

I've never seen a single one...

I agree. I'm getting a lot of bonus enemies and since we could use terra and kefka, I can go with 5 bonus units.

I feel the rates on the banner for the new units are horrible though, I can't wait to see it on reddit but it took a whole lot just to get one setzer and even one gau.

Yep. I obviously can't comalain since I got Naked Terra, but Gau and Setzer are likely impossible. Today, I got a Daily Gold - Nine. Can't complain, since he's a new unit (that I won't use), but I want the Gambler.

Menchi

I've run ELT about 60 times and only seen 1 Golden Bomb, and that was my first run :( I'm really getting unlucky with Bonus enemies this time round

Also, this happened...

YLdMEal.png

Syntsui

I've never seen a single one...

Yep. I obviously can't comalain since I got Naked Terra, but Gau and Setzer are likely impossible. Today, I got a Daily Gold - Nine. Can't complain, since he's a new unit (that I won't use), but I want the Gambler.
Every single day I see like 3 or 4. I'm not even using all my stamina since I only play in the morning and before sleeping.

c-murph

These garbage drop rates better change in week 2 or I'm giving up on this trash event. 600-700 fish with 250% bonus is absurd when you consider things like Purecryst are 80k and ATK +15% are 35k.

Weeeeellll, truth be told its a gacha mobile game. You ain't meant to get everything unless you pay to win.

Weeeeellll, truth be told its a gacha mobile game. You ain't meant to get everything unless you pay to win.

I hear you on that. As I said, I'm probably just spoiled from the last couple of events.

Those seemed much more F2P friendly than this one.

That egg event was great.

greyshark

Only 1 Nelapa and 3 Golden Bombs through about 60 runs for me. I cleared some friend slots if anyone wants an Olive with Ifrit for the event.

I REALLY hope gumi des right by Trance Terra when it comes to enhancements. Mages in general need more love all together. Looking at what they did with Dark Fina I am hopeful. Chaos Wave is powerful but the requirement of magic activation to unlock its full potential sucks. Hope Chaos Wave gets improved in a great way to fix that.

Lyrian

I've run ELT about 60 times and only seen 1 Golden Bomb, and that was my first run :( I'm really getting unlucky with Bonus enemies this time round

Also, this happened...

Nice save vs. death there on Orlandeau :)

And as usual, I'm sleeping on the job? Sounds about right!

I hear you on that. As I said, I'm probably just spoiled from the last couple of events.

Those seemed much more F2P friendly than this one.

That egg event was great.

It's been beaten to death over on Reddit at this point on the event rates. It's a standard Mog King event with the standard ~6% chance for the rare spawn on ELT to show up, half that on PRO.

And yeah, the last event really spoiled everyone.

The 80k crysts are nice, but practically impossible to obtain. Farming ELT non-stop, that's about 4 days of farming for 1 stone. Nope, nope, and nope. There will be other ways to get the crysts much easier, such as the story events which may be as soon as the next event after this one (as story events tend to replace exploration events).

I REALLY hope gumi des right by Trance Terra when it comes to enhancements. Mages in general need more love all together. Looking at what they did with Dark Fina I am hopeful. Chaos Wave is powerful but the requirement of magic activation to unlock its full potential sucks. Hope Chaos Wave gets improved in a great way to fix that.

Trance Terra does well for me in this event when someone has her up as a friend unit on Ultima Weapon.

-- Turn 1: Buffs/Debuffs/Light damage to Ultima/Magical Activation
-- Turn 2: Everyone unloads --> Red Card --> Chaos Wave --> one lengthy chain --> win

Daily +1 --> Ignus + Nine

Muku

This is true re: mages. For the love of RNGesus, Gumi, give Mages some love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom