• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-murph

Just finished summoning my last 400k metal eggs I had left. Up to 15 Burst Pots for OK! As for who I will be shooting for in the future. 2 Eileen...2 Tidus...2 OK...1 Cloud. 1 of each of the 5* Veritas and then I don't know outside of those. Oh and Rikku of course.

That's like the yearly budget of a small European country.

That's like the yearly budget of a small European country.

tXlcl6I.gif

lol j/k but I couldn't pass up using that.

Lyrian

whew. staving off spending lapis for T. Terra

Nice!

I'll wait for Lyrian's statistically sourced, peer-reviewed research (with footnotes) detailing how well she chains with other party members. Only partially kidding. I love Lyrian posts. He's singlehandedly convinced me to make Garnet great again.

See, I've never played Ogre Battle or Tactics Ogre, but FFT -- yes. Crimson Shroud? One of my favorite 3DS games! $5 for 20 hours of D&D-inspired writing with style? Yes, please.

And I can already imagine the Ashley Riot unit. At 6*, Level 100, he learns "I am the reinforcements" which grants +1000% to all stats if alone.

Oh, god.

I can see myself having a bad dream where I start citing posts in APA.

If I ever slip into a mode where I start typing:

"In agreement with the frustrations voiced by Muku (2017, FFBE |OT 4|, 8175), despite the strong nostalgia and visuals presented in this event, the frustrations of farming fish and generally subpar Mog King rewards render the event to be complete ass"...

...It's time to stop posting.

Crimson Shroud has been on my backlog on my DS for ages. That's it. When I get back to TM farming mode after this event, I'm playing that next.

And... I can already see exploits of teams running Ashley + 4 Bartz, with all of the Bartz suiciding to trigger that buff. That would be comical to watch. Absolutely canon for Vagrant Story though :)

Double encounters are nice, first time I saw 7 battles!

96k fish so far. Should be done by tomorrow night. Needed a lot of 6* mats.

Rare spawns hate in this event so far. Only seen 1 bomb and 1 nepaca in two full days of farming the event. Meh.

Daily and 1 --> Snow and Leo

across

Hum... I'm starting to feel bad now. I've had solid bonus luck so far - 7 Nelapas to 45 Ultima Weapons and maybe 5 or 6 Golden Bombs. Basically done after 2 days; my current plan is to skip the 30k TMoogle and rely on the 10k from Kefka + 3k/day from dailies to get me within spitting distance of a Purecryst and grab a Support one on my way out the door.

It's all TMs all the time in the meanwhile. These Terras aren't going to gear themselves.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
About done with the event. Should be done by tomorrow. Still need to get some Calamity Writ, 70 Cacturs, SQ, and the Beret. But got the Suit, Tickets, Potions, and the other 3 6* Mats I'm low on.

bonkeng

Thanks you for this! It confirms that I should be doing Setzer first. I was pushing Yun first. Am I right in thinking that it should be Setzer then almost immediately after Yun?

You can press it one finger at a time. It's more forgiving than 2 Yuns (where you need macro to be 100% successful) or 2 Orlandus even (using 2 thumbs makes it fail safe).

Damn, getting 2B would be so damn awesome. When do you think they'll release the Automata characters here? Oh, and congrats!

Given that GL is 8 months behind + GL exclusive units, in 2018.

Did the Carry strat for dark experts, and I took forever. It worked. Of course now I'm doing it a second time for the trust moogle... I figure spending a day doing this will be ok in long term FF6 event farming.

Rixa

How many unit slots do you guys currently have? And how many units are you up to?

Thanks to Patches & Fry's Stick Moogles taking 40 slots in my inventory. I was forced to raise unit limit and it is now 290.
Got a shitton of TM units waiting their turn, examples:

5 Gaffgarions
4 Snow's (aleady got 2 CB)
5 Celes (3 are in the oven now)
6 Xiao's
5 Locke's
6 Elle's

Also haven't sold / fused my 100% TM's (like 4 Shantotto's, 5th is at 95%), 3 Karl's (for BF event)...

Malakhov

Banned
Ditto.

But, I would almost kill for a 2nd Leon to speed up farming his TM. Not looking forward to going 0 --> 100 on him with only 1 Leon to TM farm with.
I farmed my first Leon from 0 to 100 for Gilgamesh, now I have 4 of them sitting around since then :(

Syntsui

Leon TM is the worst TM I've ever decided to farm, the gain is minimal (considering Gilgamesh) and it forces you to not use Excalibur. Never again I'll farm something out of hype before actually reading about it thoroughly.

Chinner

Banned
I was desperate to get Leon back in the day, and now I have 3. Dunno if its even worth farming now as the only unit I can really use it on is Luneth.

Rixa

I farmed my first Leon from 0 to 100 for Gilgamesh, now I have 4 of them sitting around since then :(

Leon TM is the worst TM I've ever decided to farm, the gain is minimal (considering Gilgamesh) and it forces you to not use Excalibur. Never again I'll farm something out of hype before actually reading about it thoroughly.

I was desperate to get Leon back in the day, and now I have 3. Dunno if its even worth farming now as the only unit I can really use it on is Luneth.

I have Gilgamesh & 3 Leons, but my best sword is Enhancer, while my best Greatsword is either Deathbringer or Excalibur (depending resists). If enemy resist L&D I can always give Save the Queen to Gilgamesh and get some extra DEF (20%) to Gilgy without any spells / abilities.

I just don't see the reason to grind Leon. Not sure why I havent fused those Leon's. I think I will do that. Thanks @Syntsui :)

Lucreto

Got a good run on new Characters, I got Lightening, Gau and Freya all in one go.

Freya and Lightning were my White Whale for the longest time. I am happy with that.

I am not going to get any of the good stuff as I have been played on and off the last few days and only have 3000 fish. My characters are not strong enough for Advanced so I get about 100 fish a go with Intermediate with 2 FFVI and a guest character. I can play one advanced a day with rixgaf guest character carrying my party.

Rixa

I can play one advanced a day with rixgaf guest character carrying my party.

Grats for Lightning.

Btw you can reuse friends every 3 hours time. If you can't see friend in the list (after that 3h has gone). -> Close application and restart it.

Also tell your game ID number here so you will get a lot of GAFers to your friend and please remember to have "GAF" mention in player info (or in name).

Lyrian

How many unit slots do you guys currently have? And how many units are you up to?

Currently at 415 / 440 after spending all the saved king minitaurs from the last event.

I have Gilgamesh & 3 Leons, but my best sword is Enhancer, while my best Greatsword is either Deathbringer or Excalibur (depending resists). If enemy resist L&D I can always give Save the Queen to Gilgamesh and get some extra DEF (20%) to Gilgy without any spells / abilities.

I just don't see the reason to grind Leon. Not sure why I havent fused those Leon's. I think I will do that. Thanks @Syntsui :)

If I was a vindictive person (spoiler: I'm not), this would be a perfect opportunity to bookmark this page for a future "I told you so" moment, like what happens elsewhere on GAF.

Because as everyone OBVIOUSLY knows...

-- There will NEVER be another unit released in the game that uses heavy armor and normal swords for physical-based offense ever again.

-- There will NEVER be a strong elemental normal sword released in the game, and the only sword that will ever be needed to be equipped on anyone is Deathbringer or Excalibur for the rest of eternity.

Everyone here believes those two statements completely, with a straight face?

Stop being so shortsighted. You can't base your judgments on what will happen in the future based solely on only what has happened in the past. If you are planning for the future, you have to consider what is probable to happen somewhere down the road.

The odds of a elemental normal sword of decent strength NEVER being released in Global somewhere in the future is practically zero. When that happens Malakhov is going to be making out like a bandit and dancing in the streets.

Ken

I wonder if folks would even remember the game by then....

8) When will NieR be coming? Can you add in even more events and characters?

A: When we consider NieR, we need to consider a global view. Only taiwan and japan may know about it. But countries like europe or america may have forgotten about this and thus they may not release events such as this. (Cry people)

Rixa

-- There will NEVER be a strong elemental normal sword released in the game, and the only sword that will ever be needed to be equipped on anyone is Deathbringer or Excalibur for the rest of eternity.

Stop being so shortsighted. You can't base your judgments on what will happen in the future based solely on only what has happened in the past. If you are planning for the future, you have to consider what is probable to happen somewhere down the road.

The odds of a elemental normal sword of decent strength NEVER being released in Global somewhere in the future is practically zero. When that happens Malakhov is going to be making out like a bandit and dancing in the streets.

Then you need to pull that unit and grind its TM right?
Like Iam stupidly hoping to get one Fry and keeping 20 of her Moogles in my inventory or having 1 Wisdom moogle, if I just happen to pull Queen.

Choices, so many choices. Ill keep those Leon's but I do have so many TM's to grind before even thinking to do Dark Knights Soul :p

Lucreto

Grats for Lightning.

Btw you can reuse friends every 3 hours time. If you can't see friend in the list (after that 3h has gone). -> Close application and restart it.

Thanks I didn't know it was 3 hours. I thought it was once a day

Also tell your game ID number here so you will get a lot of GAFers to your friend and please remember to have "GAF" mention in player info (or in name).

My character number is 805,240,537

Lyrian

Then you need to pull that unit and grind its TM right?
Like Iam stupidly hoping to get one Fry and keeping 20 of her Moogles in my inventory or having 1 Wisdom moogle, if I just happen to pull Queen.

Choices, so many choices. Ill keep those Leon's but I do have so many TM's to grind before even thinking to do Dark Knights Soul :p

If that's what it takes, sure. The swords would be stronger if they were TMs versus if there were event drops or worse. I'm quite sure if the swords were decently powerful enough, people would be TM farming them in an instant (assuming they weren't locked to 5* bases that almost no one would have.... except for Hippo, who would pull 2 of them on half-off dailies in a week).

But yeah, it's about choices. Time is important, and spending too much time farming 1 TM isn't worth it to me, unless it's so good that I'm willing to drop 100% of moogles on it. Leon's TM would be very useful to me, but it's fairly far down on the priority list. Maybe I'll bump him up on the list if I ever get more than 1 of him.

Valentus

So whats the chance to palsy ultima weapon with cursed card?????

Because i tried 10 times, and the 10 times i paralized u.weapon first try.

Currently at 415 / 440 after spending all the saved king minitaurs from the last event.

If I was a vindictive person (spoiler: I'm not), this would be a perfect opportunity to bookmark this page for a future "I told you so" moment, like what happens elsewhere on GAF.

Because as everyone OBVIOUSLY knows...

-- There will NEVER be another unit released in the game that uses heavy armor and normal swords for physical-based offense ever again.

The only unit that could use good of DKS is Luneth... and you know... Teaching of the sword+2 release luneth of using a sword mandatory.

Now, could tidus benefit from it? (because his TM is mandatory for high damage, and more after enhacements) well, if a better heavy armor comes, could be useful.

Malakhov

Banned
It was very good for my Gilgamesh but I wasn't using the Excalibur for him though, I had the moonblade. It was indeed like a second sword mastery.

Ken

If I could go back in time I'd probably spend money for a Yun instead of just pulling for Ling with tickets.

Malakhov

Banned
Personally, I dont see what's wrong with DKS.

Gilgamesh with DKS, Sword Mastery, 2 x Quick Assault and best possible equipment:

Gilgamesh with Quick Assault instead of DKS and same setup:

Gilgamesh with Sword Mastery, Large sword mastery, 2 X Quick Assault and Excalibur

It did exactly what it said it would do, 50% with a sword and armor. And like Lyrian said, I'll have it the day another unit uses it.

Alkez

So whats the chance to palsy ultima weapon with cursed card?????

Because i tried 10 times, and the 10 times i paralized u.weapon first try.

I was talking to a friend about this yesterday and he was saying that it feels like whenever a mog king boss as any chance to be hit with a status ailment, it gets hit with it 100% of the time. I'm not really sure why it's like that but it does feel like that a lot of the time.

The only unit that could use good of DKS is Luneth... and you know... Teaching of the sword+2 release luneth of using a sword mandatory.

Now, could tidus benefit from it? (because his TM is mandatory for high damage, and more after enhacements) well, if a better heavy armor comes, could be useful.

Could be useful for Eileen no? Seeing as she can use everything. When fighting machines wouldn't the optimal setup be the machine killer sword (if we get DQ) and DKS along with the Artisan?

Also Frye can use it if the enemy has high SPR and you want a physical build.

But yeah, Lyrian said it best. Useful, but low priority.

It did exactly what it said it would do, 50% with a sword and armor. And like Lyrian said, I'll have it the day another unit uses it.

The only real issue is the heavy armour, but I feel that's only an issue if you have a brave suit.

Malakhov

Banned
The only real issue is the heavy armour, but I feel that's only an issue if you have a brave suit.
It is better to use the demon mail and DKS than brave suit and 30% atk. Gilgamesh also has the best bonus using Sword and Katana, it's a perfect fit for him IF you have delita's TM like I did.

Syntsui

Do we have any idea what's after this event? I swear this one feels a bit lackluster so far, other than a decent banner.

Probably Eileen + 6* WoL because they are really late with that or in an ideal world....the entirety of FFX, not only Tidus + some random fuckers no one will ever give the slightest fuck.

It's impossible to guess anything at this point, the schedule is all over the place and there is no logic to be applied anymore, they might as well invent a Bravely Default banner for all they care.

Alkez

It is better to use the demon mail and DKS than brave suit and 30% atk. Gilgamesh also has the best bonus using Sword and Katana, it's a perfect fit for him IF you have delita's TM like I did.

I meant in that last setup where you're replacing DKS with another mastery skill. Obviously for Gilgamesh this doesn't apply as he can't wear clothes, but with other units I think Brave Suit + Mastery skill is more optimal than Demon Mail + DKS.

if wilhelm was a cute waifu instead of a husbando i would whale

LOL. Why Wilhelm specifically? I feel like that could apply to any male unit.

Ken

I meant in that last setup where you're replacing DKS with another mastery skill. Obviously for Gilgamesh this doesn't apply as he can't wear clothes, but with other units I think Brave Suit + Mastery skill is more optimal than Demon Mail + DKS.

LOL. Why Wilhelm specifically? I feel like that could apply to any male unit.

cause i played a lancer in tera which is just a heavy armor tank with a shield and lance which is probably one of my favorite looking classes in an MMO. also lance is usually my go-to weapon in monster hunter

and then effie in Fire Emblem (except that NA voice)

Malakhov

Banned
DKS is custom made for Gilgamesh, I wouldn't of SINGLED farmed this if not for Gilgamesh. Hence why I dont understand why people were deceived by it.

At worst, it'll be a 30% atk for a unit that uses swords. I will probably farm a second one since I have 4 Leon's now lying around.

Probably Eileen + 6* WoL because they are really late with that or in an ideal world....the entirety of FFX, not only Tidus + some random fuckers no one will ever give the slightest fuck.

It's impossible to guess anything at this point, the schedule is all over the place and there is no logic to be applied anymore, they might as well invent a Bravely Default banner for all they care.

I joked before, but I would genuinely go whale for a Bravely Default banner.

Alkez

and then effie in Fire Emblem (except that NA voice)

Ah yup, got ya lool.

DKS is custom made for Gilgamesh, I wouldn't of SINGLED farmed this if not for Gilgamesh. Hence why I dont understand why people were deceived by it.

Yeah I'm with you. I'm single farming mine as well for Fryevia (because I need to farm so much to make her magical, and I only have 2 Leons and I want 2 DKS). I think people just thought it was basically Sword Mastery, which in a general sense it is, but didn't realise/forgot it has 2 requirements. For a unit like Orlandu using a Brave Suit + Blade Mastery would be better than a sword, demon mail, and DKS.

Malakhov

Banned
Yeah I'm with you. I'm single farming mine as well for Fryevia (because I need to farm so much to make her magical, and I only have 2 Leons and I want 2 DKS). I think people just thought it was basically Sword Mastery, which in a general sense it is, but didn't realise/forgot it has 2 requirements. For a unit like Orlandu using a Brave Suit + Blade Mastery would be better than a sword, demon mail, and DKS.
Exactly.

Once Gilgamesh's enhancements come it'll be up in the air depending on what equipment will be available by then since he'll have +50% atk with pretty much every weapon. But that's too far ahead to plan.

Lyrian

Why are we collecting fish for this event? I'm one of those awful people who hasn't played FF6 so I'm confused.

One of the more touching moments of FF6, is just after the mid-game boss. (In FFBE, the background of the dungeon being played is the mid-game boss stage in FF6).

Celes and Cid are seperated from the party, washed up on Solitary Island.

Cid has become deathly ill, and is dying. Celes, in a deperate attempt to save his life, attempts to collect fish to restore his life. Relevant Story/pics --> HERE.

Which is somewhat mindboggling, that the fish story arc of FF6 revolves around Celes, who is NOT featured at all in this event.

It was very good for my Gilgamesh but I wasn't using the Excalibur for him though, I had the moonblade. It was indeed like a second sword mastery.

At worst, it'll be a 30% atk for a unit that uses swords. I will probably farm a second one since I have 4 Leon's now lying around.

Yeah, agreed 100%. I farmed two of them - one for Greg, one for Luneth. Greg uses Sakaurafubuki and Mana Blade (Randi TM); Luneth uses Sakura and Enhancer.

DKS frees up materia for other units, which is why I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom