• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Roberta work well with Orlandeau by chance?

Really wish I could plug her into my team. Probably will take her for a few runs anyways, but like others have stated, her sprite is so nice.

Yay!!!

Wasted all my lapis during this super bad luck stretch and today...

IMG_1101_zpsbukrakmg.png

Not sure if I'll use her at all, but I'm excited for the TM.

Congrats! I gotta admit I kinda want her just for her sprite. Well that and the fact her TM would take me all of a few seconds to unlock.

not without more orlandeaus I don't see it. IIRC mystic thrust is a 10 framer and DR is only 7 frames.

Frames
42-10-10-10-10-10-10

Ah good to know ty. I wish there was somebody else who did chain super nicely with him. I have this weird thing where I don't like taking two of the same unit into battle.

eggydoo

I got Zyrus 2nd daily pull so I am lucky from the sounds of it. I had so many TMs for Reberta though that I just sold them since I know I will not get her anyway.

Is everyone wanting Zyrus just for his TMR or actual decent unit?
I'm 3% from his TMR, 3% cause I accidently used 2 of the 1% moogles :-/

Syntsui

I got Zyrus 2nd daily pull so I am lucky from the sounds of it. I had so many TMs for Reberta though that I just sold them since I know I will not get her anyway.

Just TMR, unless your team is absolutely atrocious you won't need him because he can't do anything amazing on his own. His dualcastable skills are bad and his blood gimmick is mediocre.

eggydoo

Just TMR, unless your team is absolutely atrocious you won't need him because he can't do anything amazing on his own. His dualcastable skills are bad and his blood gimmick is mediocre.

Ah cool thanks. I have exdeath and dark fina as my mages...guess you can count ariana as well
I made him 5 star for shiggles to play around with

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Really happy about the Raid summons. Max Orlandu from 5* to 6* and about finished off Terra. Should be able to top of Soilel... so I'll just need to decide who to level up next lol. The rare 4* mats are now the biggest hamper. Either Mercedes, Jack, Rosa, or Vanilla.

Shouta

He seems like a pretty decent unit if you don't have a 5-star mage and you need to have magic in a battle. Blood Pulsar does good damage at cap and assuming he doesn't lose charges when he LBs he'd just need to have LB every 3rd turn or so to deal some serious damage.

Ah cool thanks. I have exdeath and dark fina as my mages...guess you can count ariana as well
I made him 5 star for shiggles to play around with

Enhanced Dark Fina is better, unless the enemy resists Dark Attacks, but Exdeath isn't as good, IMO. If you're looking to get missions done, like Do X elemental in a battle, then Exdeath is more useful though. =P

Thanks all, hahahahaha. A dupe Dark Fina!

Damn I got so excited

Whelp, at least there's a 5*..
Another small question..
If I already have most of the commodity units (dual wields, etc), does it will make sense to go for daily or I should start to save and do mostly 10+1?
Out of the three stars, I could use one more dual wield, I could use a few more letter and arms for the exdeath I don't plan to use, but as for the rest I'm in no particular need..
Advice?

Lyrian

New job is kicking my ass... bleh. Can't look at GAF on the work laptops either, meh.

Freebie pull.... Faris AGAIN! That's 3 this week already. Good grief!

But, a small early Christmas miracle happened last night:

KUBXMqn.png

They exist, giancrysts actually exist!

So, of course, that means....

9Cws2mo.png

What time is it? It's Science time!

Whelp, at least there's a 5*..
Another small question..
If I already have most of the commodity units (dual wields, etc), does it will make sense to go for daily or I should start to save and do mostly 10+1?
Out of the three stars, I could use one more dual wield, I could use a few more letter and arms for the exdeath I don't plan to use, but as for the rest I'm in no particular need..
Advice?

I don't generally do them unless there's a unit I might want (Zyrus, for example) but don't really want. Or when we need trash/banner units. That 250 lapis/day definitely adds up.

Then again, sometimes I want to pull for the hell of it...

Celegus

New job is kicking my ass... bleh. Can't look at GAF on the work laptops either, meh.

Freebie pull.... Faris AGAIN! That's 3 this week already. Good grief!

But, a small early Christmas miracle happened last night:

Hope the job is going well other than the lack of GAF, but that's a small price to pay if it's better suited for you.

I finally got a giancryst too this morning! I've been running the 3rd chamber 6-7 times a day or so since they came out, and finally switched to the 2nd one today for the first time (never even got the lapis from it) and got a power giancryst.

Lyrian

Hope the job is going well other than the lack of GAF, but that's a small price to pay if it's better suited for you.

I finally got a giancryst too this morning! I've been running the 3rd chamber 6-7 times a day or so since they came out, and finally switched to the 2nd one today for the first time (never even got the lapis from it) and got a power giancryst.

Actually, I think the job is in your line of work. I believe you said previously that you are an accountant?

Sample pic of damage testing

xOZID3e.png

That's unchained, as I still don't have the right units to make a proper elemental chain.

Max damage was at ~8.22 million unchained, so that would be close to 33 million at the elemental chaining cap.

Of course, will have to eventually test how that damage translates to something realistic.

Lyrian

Are you using Lockes/Xon?

Anecdotal community testing here is suggesting that neither Locke nor Xon does jack squat in the Vortex of Gems.

Its very streaky. Last night before that picture, I hadn't had a T4 drop at all, ever. After that drop, 3 more appeared. And then 2 more today.

The weeping when 3 of those were Green Giancrysts though.... :/

Actually, I think the job is in your line of work. I believe you said previously that you are an accountant?

Sample pic of damage testing

xOZID3e.png

That's unchained, as I still don't have the right units to make a proper elemental chain.

Max damage was at ~8.22 million unchained, so that would be close to 33 million at the elemental chaining cap.

Of course, will have to eventually test how that damage translates to something realistic.

bahamut raid is a decent testbed right?

though i dont believe he has ELT defense

Celegus

Not an accountant per se, but it's the closest field. I do account reconcilements for a big bank. Not the most thrilling, but it is a lot of problem solving and figuring out little puzzles so there's at least some variation, could be worse. Wife works for the same company but makes a good bit more money than me AND gets to work from home - she's got it made!

Gonna keep at it, but apparently I finished the raid already. Hope there's something in the works for friday and it's not just this another week!

tuffymon

Anecdotal community testing here is suggesting that neither Locke nor Xon does jack squat in the Vortex of Gems.

Its very streaky. Last night before that picture, I hadn't had a T4 drop at all, ever. After that drop, 3 more appeared. And then 2 more today.

I've had 8 drop since last Friday, and I brought neither Locke or Xon with me

edit 9 >.>;

Visceir

Considering there's no real challenge to doing the vortex I see no reason to not run it with lockes/xon.

That datasheet doesn't seem to really show how many lockes/Xon they used and I don't think a single Locke would make much of a difference -- a ridiculously rare drop rate x1.5 would still be ridiculously low. I'll personally insist on running 3+ lockes until I see actual concrete evidence of a team of lockes not having any effects on the drops...and would prob still continue running them then, haha.

I suppose I could have just done some test runs on JP with 500%+ TH boost, but right now I've got absolutely no need for more awakening mats on JP...likewise on GL I've had no real need to farm awakening mats yet either. Will def be doing it with a team of Lockes if I do though!

Lyrian

Last post and I have to run for the night.

bahamut raid is a decent testbed right?

though i dont believe he has ELT defense

Nope. ELT defense bosses wouldn't allow for OTKOs.

Against ELT Bahamut, with Ravishing Blow and Imperil, She's hitting for ~600k unchained, so in the low 2 millions with a proper elemental chain and using her as a finisher. Still, this is mighty uncomfortable glass cannon territory for a 5* max mage.

Not an accountant per se, but it's the closest field. I do account reconcilements for a big bank. Not the most thrilling, but it is a lot of problem solving and figuring out little puzzles so there's at least some variation, could be worse. Wife works for the same company but makes a good bit more money than me AND gets to work from home - she's got it made!

Gonna keep at it, but apparently I finished the raid already. Hope there's something in the works for friday and it's not just this another week!

The puzzle solving is also what led to me choose this as my next career path. Still, I am getting this sinking feeling that I got the short end of the stick in terms of career progression (at least in the short term). Meh.

Raid done as well, but it's free rank xp and other stuff.

Considering there's no real challenge to doing the vortex I see no reason to not run it with lockes/xon.

That datasheet doesn't seem to really show how many lockes/Xon they used and I don't think a single Locke would make much of a difference -- a ridiculously rare drop rate x1.5 would still be ridiculously low. I'll personally insist on running 3+ lockes until I see actual concrete evidence of a team of lockes not having any effects on the drops...and would prob still continue running them then, haha.

I suppose I could have just done some test runs on JP with 500%+ TH boost, but right now I've got absolutely no need for more awakening mats on JP...likewise on GL I've had no real need to farm awakening mats yet either. Will def be doing it with a team of Lockes if I do though!

Agreed, in concept. I'm also personally in the camp of the effects of a lone Locke/Xon are too marginal to measure meaningfully. From the spreadsheet, I would casually assert that the variations are highly likely to be within the margin of error and not be statistically significant and therefore fail to disprove a null hypothesis of "no effect". Of course, that could easily be explained by what you said.... the datamined rates for a T4 drop is 2% from the last wave. +100% only makes it a 4% drop rate, which is going to be impossible to detect as anything other than normal randomness. A player would need 3 or 4 Lockes/Xons to really make a meaningful difference that could be picked up by a poorly controlled community spreadsheet.

Dandte

Finally crushed the espers and got eileen her moogle. She is now at 56. I can get one 5* from the baha trial, if i can manage to do it, one from the may rewards and another 10% one from the montly reward which would bring me to 76. With normall tm farming and a Mog King Event i should hit 100% in June. Sweet.

Broseybrose

Question about interpreting stats-

Lets take Noctis' Damage Warp for example: The stats for that skill read "Heal (400 HP, 3x) to caster".

Now when this move triggers in game, he usually heals for 700-800 HP.

That leads me to believe that I should read (400 HP, 3x) as anywhere from 0-400 HP, 3x, not a flat 1200 every time.

Is that correct?

Doctor_No

The Japanese official live stream was specifically asked about Locke's Treasure Hunt in regards to Giancryst drops and they said there is some effect but to think of him as a "good luck charm"; meaning that there is some very small effect.

Personally, just to be safe I've been running Vortex of Gems with 4 Lockes and 1 Xon as Treasure Hunt has been known to stack (even though at diminishing returns).

Rixa

Memory lane time

I took this screen capture 20.5.2016, it was my 4th day of playing. Thus I started 1 year 1 day ago. I have missed day from here and day from there.

Screenshot_20160520-061405.png

This is now where Iam after one year of playing:

Screenshot_20170517-102009.png

That Gil amount spend without enhancements taking their part...
Garnet will prolly be my first unit to be maxed. I think you need 25/25 LB and 100% TM and 100/100 lvl?

Alkez

When you ask Gumi to not put a mog king event at the same time as the raid but they do it anyway...

I finished the raid last night but want to keep doing it for the 2 weeks. Was hoping for an exploration.

Seems Rem got her dual wield buff early. Interesting.

Rixa

When you ask Gumi to not put a mog king event at the same time as the raid but they do it anyway...

I finished the raid last night but want to keep doing it for the 2 weeks. Was hoping for an exploration.

Seems Rem got her dual wield buff early. Interesting.

King can wield 2 guns, thats Global exclu thing too.

Free pull: Refia, 2nd time during this banner freebie is Refia (now it was Blue to Gold)
Last time we had freebie pull per day, I got Rainbow Refia. The fuck....

Alkez

Free Daily: Golbez
Half Priced Daily: Faris

Both sold instantly.

This will be the first Mog King I'll completely ignore, I won't waste tickets on it for bonus no matter what.

Just do dailies and use friends to at least get the tickets? That's what I did during the Orlandu banner as his banner was awful and I wasn't going to chase him.

Syntsui

Just do dailies and use friends to at least get the tickets? That's what I did during the Orlandu banner as his banner was awful and I wasn't going to chase him.

No way I'll waste 250 lapis for these abhorent units, I'm fine not getting anything this time. The tickets will be simple to get without bonus though, I'm not really worried about them.

Rixa

Ill pull with the tix I get from King Mog / quests, like I always do. Last time I got something "good" with them was when Ace was in banner (Decemeber 2016 I think).

Rixa

goddamn I'm tired of seeing Type-0

They won't give Golby a 6 star but these chucklefucks get 3 goddamn mog king events

And why the fuck we can't use earlier banner Type-0 units as point units. Yeah pull more cause you need those bonus units. Lame as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom