• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Me too! Yay! Tickets saved for next banner! Hopefully Rikku! And then a month or so to save a handful for Anniversary!

What are we looking at? What did Japan do?

Expecting the next event to be FFBE Exploration without Tidus.

If they wanted to hold back WoL, that's fine. But some of the shit doesn't make sense. Release Garland at least. He turns into a solid unit and not the only tank you'll need.

Same with enhancements. Sure, I can see them holding back Ramza.

But why not give Cecil? His enhancements aren't that good.
DKS, since his enhancements finally turn him into a good character.

c-murph

Expecting the next event to be FFBE Exploration without Tidus.

If they wanted to hold back WoL, that's fine. But some of the shit doesn't make sense. Release Garland at least. He turns into a solid unit and not the only tank you'll need.

Same with enhancements. Sure, I can see them holding back Ramza.

But why not give Cecil? His enhancements aren't that good.
DKS, since his enhancements finally turn him into a good character.

They obviously have a planned GL schedule. Nothing more that we can do but wait for the announcements. 6* WoL and Garland have to be in the next announcement. Ramza? Probably coming very shortly too.

Pejo

I read up on the unit review of Rem. She looks pretty handy, but until Ramza's enhancements or getting 6* WoL for embolden, I don't see ever dumping Refia. It is nice that a healer finally gets an AoE Esuna though.

Shit news, shit upcoming event, shit free pull, shit 1/2 price pull, shit ticket.

So how's everyone doing this morning?

Man I just cannot believe we still have no WoL 6*. Of all the balance issues, is he really the most overpowering? Why the huge delay?

At this point I don't even check news/announcements anymore. It's rather silly and stupid that they are doing this but it's their game. I've been running chamber of gems rather than tm farm. I think I'll go back to farming next week. Need a break from it as it's done via switch control and not memu/nox. Def. need more of the T4 mat to drop.

Zalasta

Worst banner for me was Cecil and player's choice. I wasn't even pulling for a rainbow, 40+ tickets and I couldn't even get a single 3* Cecil. I spent another 50+ tickets during player's choice hoping for either a Gilgamesh or Noctis, also did my very first 10+1, not one 5*.

Muku

Alt Summons

Free: Gilbert (uber trash on free continues)
Daily: Firion (guess I can save since i capped my other already)

Main Summons

Free: Shera
Daily: Penelo

The trash pulls continue!!

Visceir

I read up on the unit review of Rem. She looks pretty handy, but until Ramza's enhancements or getting 6* WoL for embolden, I don't see ever dumping Refia. It is nice that a healer finally gets an AoE Esuna though.

I think I got Rem on her banner and I've had her as my main healer up until this point. She covers pretty much everything you need support wise. Her aoe mp drain is dope for arena too.

Just wondering if it's worth me still pulling on the discount banner? I've got two Kain's and two Zyrus so I dunno if I should start saving up Lapis for other banners with more TM's I'll need. I've done most of the story too since I've just hit a brick wall of Veritas so I won't have the easy flow of it anymore. I know being a fresh account I could do with more units but wondered if I should maybe stick to the free pull for now?

Should have about 20+ tickets by the time Bahamut raid is done anyway so I can rely on them for a while too.

Muku

Looking at these Type 0 characters and barf. But then again it's this damn game again. I pull on dailies in hopes of useful stuff, but I won't be on alt on this banner. Last time I got a Rainbow was Ace on his banner. Last thing I need is luck to dictate Type 0 for me again and give me Rem.

Kouriozan

Releasing Rem now without buff when everyone got Y'shtola who can also use offensive magic is kinda meh.
Even more when Holy/Banish will be based on SPR in a future update.

I guess Rem has better stat to make up for the 0.5% chances to get her.

across

Just wondering if it's worth me still pulling on the discount banner? I've got two Kain's and two Zyrus so I dunno if I should start saving up Lapis for other banners with more TM's I'll need. I've done most of the story too since I've just hit a brick wall of Veritas so I won't have the easy flow of it anymore. I know being a fresh account I could do with more units but wondered if I should maybe stick to the free pull for now?

Should have about 20+ tickets by the time Bahamut raid is done anyway so I can rely on them for a while too.

Firion is a great budget unit who can fit into a lot of different teams in a lot of different situations so I'd try to grab one of him if you can, but it's far from imperative - if you already have one then definitely stop pulling; if you don't then maybe do your last (?) daily tomorrow and fire off a couple tickets as a just-in-case thing.

You may want to skip the upcoming banner entirely, as well.

Alkez

If there's one thing I've learned in my very short lifespan it's that everything is about perspective. I think we're all looking at this wrong. Everyone is mad that it's the Type Zero Part 3 event, but we all knew this was coming at some point. Instead we should be rejoicing that this is the last (known) Type Zero event. Once we're through this we're in the clear lol.

Firion is a great budget unit who can fit into a lot of different teams in a lot of different situations so I'd try to grab one of him if you can, but it's far from imperative - if you already have one then definitely stop pulling; if you don't then maybe do your last (?) daily tomorrow and fire off a couple tickets as a just-in-case thing.

You may want to skip the upcoming banner entirely, as well.

Ah ok, Yeah I'll do the daily tomorrow then and see if I can get him. I was hoping you was gonna say that about the next banner to be honest. Saves lapis and the less I have to remind me of type-0 the better.

Pejo

If there's one thing I've learned in my very short lifespan it's that everything is about perspective. I think we're all looking at this wrong. Everyone is mad that it's the Type Zero Part 3 event, but we all knew this was coming at some point. Instead we should be rejoicing that this is the last (known) Type Zero event. Once we're through this we're in the clear lol.

FFT0 Player's Choice banner incoming! Let the community vote on their 5 favorite FFT0 characters on a 3 week featured banner!

But yea, it's pretty nuts the attention that Type-0 has gotten in relation to overall series popularity. If you just got into FF by playing FFBE, you'd think Type 0 was a fan favorite or something.

robotuw

Free and daily were Charlotte and Trey.

Echidna saves me from having to farm a 3rd 30% mag for TT so I'm down.

Will FF03 be the first mog king I totally ignore? It should be but I'll probably grind out the tickets at least.

across

I don't want to harp on how awful this banner is too much (it's fucking awful) but I do want to point out a couple things:

1) Defender's Daggers are pretty good. I think they're the highest SPR weapon Ramza gets access to without burning an ability slot on Equip Staff. I'm currently prioritizing this over even the tickets.

2) This banner is awful, so you can consider it a "free" 10 tickets, at the cost of terrible amounts of NRG.

3) Because this banner is awful, you won't want to do any daily pulls or ticket pulls, so your resource intake rate is going to be dreadful. Because of this, if you need a boost over the finish line, it's probably going to be better to spend lapis on NRG refills than trying for some dumb bonus unit who you will get angry at every time you see them in your unit list.

4) Banner's awful.

I don't want to harp on how awful this banner is too much (it's fucking awful) but I do want to point out a couple things:

1) Defender's Daggers are pretty good. I think they're the highest SPR weapon Ramza gets access to without burning an ability slot on Equip Staff. I'm currently prioritizing this over even the tickets.

2) This banner is awful, so you can consider it a "free" 10 tickets, at the cost of terrible amounts of NRG.

3) Because this banner is awful, you won't want to do any daily pulls or ticket pulls, so your resource intake rate is going to be dreadful. Because of this, if you need a boost over the finish line, it's probably going to be better to spend lapis on NRG refills than trying for some dumb bonus unit who you will get angry at every time you see them in your unit list.

4) Banner's awful.

Yeah I hate to say it but you summed things up nicely here

Snag the dagger and move on. It does suck for anyone in need of resources but this will likely be our weakest Mog King event yet

Maybe some lucky users will share a King or Rem but overall its not really a good time to pull......

Kouriozan

Well, Roselia's almost done, I own Lenna's Magi Staff (70 SPR) so equip staff was the better option. Refia will be next for that +30% SPR since I own 3 of them.
Singbot Ramza is nearing completion.

e1sU8VHl.png

Will still get the dagger for niche fights. Good thing I don't need awakening mats or other stuff.

Alkez

But yea, it's pretty nuts the attention that Type-0 has gotten in relation to overall series popularity. If you just got into FF by playing FFBE, you'd think Type 0 was a fan favorite or something.

Yeah I was asking about that a few weeks ago. Potentially the game was popular in Japan?

Syntsui

It could be popular, but it 100% wasn't nearly as popular as every single mainline one. There is just no notification besides Gumi's president having a hard-on for Rem.

robotuw

I always assumed they were just using it to stall for time. "Oh, a game that's still technically FF with a huge cast of nobodies? Perfect!" The first year or two was always going to be about how long they could string people along without blowing their FF7/8 load. Once you release a person's *favorite* character you run the risk of them becoming satisfied and dropping the game. Give them a bunch of crap while hinting at something better later and they'll stick around for longer. Frankly I was really surprised they already released Cloud. Regardless of how he affects the meta, I expect they'll delay him as long as possible here purely because he's so popular.

Takuan

Sozhe today. I thought the odds of 4* base being on-banner were 50%? I got like 6 golds and they all turned out to be off-banner. At least 3 of them were blue --> yellow; does that change the summon pool or something?

I just want to get rid of these fucking moogles already. I got gigantaurs to claim, son!

Muku

Just realized ticket from daily or something. Alt used it... Ingus. The last few months banners have been so awful. Want banner units? Keep dreaming. And this goes for even the damn blues. Seriously. What gives?

Pejo

I always assumed they were just using it to stall for time. "Oh, a game that's still technically FF with a huge cast of nobodies? Perfect!" The first year or two was always going to be about how long they could string people along without blowing their FF7/8 load. Once you release a person's *favorite* character you run the risk of them becoming satisfied and dropping the game. Give them a bunch of crap while hinting at something better later and they'll stick around for longer. Frankly I was really surprised they already released Cloud. Regardless of how he affects the meta, I expect they'll delay him as long as possible here purely because he's so popular.

Yea I get what you're saying. I think they blew their load a little too early for other FF series characters by having a lot of cool units like Shadow/Sabin/Krile/Tellah as nobody 3-5* units to entice players to the game to begin with. In a perfect world, Rem would be that 3-5* unit and Shadow would be an elite 5* base DD unit, but ain't nobody going to pick up the game hoping to get Trey in a starter roll.

I always thought a nice fix for this would be to add a "souls" gacha system or something. You roll on a pool to get an upgrade to them that basically rewrites their moveset and updates them relevant to current meta, maybe changes the sprite art and animation too, to current standards. Maybe we'll get something like that when they finally graduate to 7* units.

I hate the fact that some of my favorite units like Locke and Vivi just won't be relevant in a party ever with the current system.

4) Banner's awful.

As I just spent an ungodly and totally unjustified amount of lapis and tickets on the current stupid banner, I'm actually quite pleased to read all of this. I could use a banner of not-pulling to regroup some. I'll probably run the event enough to restock on tickets and 6* mats and call it a day. Maybe the dagger if it seems reasonable without too much effort/NRG.

Muku

Wanting to take guesses on next weeks banner (after the T0 shit). Because I need something to look forward to. To make it through the Hell Week we are about to enter.

robotuw

Maths time.

Tickets are normally 28k from the mog king. If I skip the last three then it's only 10k. If I don't pull on the banner then assuming 200 currency per 13 NRG I get 7 tickets for 650 NRG, aka the weekend. Bringing a 50% bonus friend gets me to 433 NRG. Pulling my own bonus makes that 325 NRG.

Hm, I guess I'll do a few pulls and that'll decide if I go for the last 3 tickets or not. One daily and one ticket on this turd and that's it.

LucaMac

Just sold 38 crimson blood moogles (held on to 20 more..That's just pure ridiculous. Chances are I'll pull a few Robertas in the future and be annoyed (sold some Freyvia moogles and got a second one), but that's a serious amount of space...

Another note. Any Japan players want to help carry my new Japan account until I get up to speed? Have a Tidus just broken his cap to 6*, need to get some trials out if the way to beef him up and some carries would help.

Japan friend code 125,457,529

EDarkness

Guess I'm happy it's the FFZero, because no interest in pulling.

Same here. I guess I won't be getting the tickets from the event as I plan to sit this one out. Without bonus units, it's gonna be a serious slog. Not sure I want to spend that much time on it, and the the bonus mob we have to beat might be a pain in the ass, too. I have no interest in this. So damn tired of FF Type 0. Ugh.

Celegus

Mobius FF collab

5* Wol, 4* Meia, Warrior of Light and Garland also on banner.

Ahhhh this has to happen at some point right?!?! Would love to see WoL get the Exvius treatment!

Noticed I'm down to 13 holy crystals. Don't suppose there's an easy way to get more of those? I have over 200 sacred crystals still, those haven't been a problem for a while.

Xion86

Hi from Washington DC!! :D (flew over from the UK to visit family for two weeks). Managed to do all daily quests and use up Orbs/NRG before the flight.

Got a 4th Quick Asssault which was cool, today's pulls were meh (forgot what they even were).

Alkez

Not going to lie, I feel like y'all are making a bigger deal out of this then it is. I mean I didn't want to pull on tactics or secret of mana at all but I pulled enough to make farming manageable.

I guess if you don't want anything outside of tickets then that's cool. But I don't really see the harm in going even on tickets to get the other stuff. It was something Shouta advised me to do when I didn't want to pull on a mog king banner and it's been working out ok for me. Still have 56 tickets and 36k lapis.

I'm just going to do what I did with tactics. Do dailies and not farm the event for the first week, and then farm it in week 2 (or when I have enough banner units). It only takes 2-4 days to clean out the shop and there's not going to be anything substantial going on next week anyways.

c-murph

Not even for Tilith or Ayaka?!

I rejoice because I won't have to spend anything again and it gives me another 12 tickets for Rikku!!

Xon's treasure hunter works. Ran the chamber of gems all weekend without him, no t4. First run with him on the team I get one.

I use two maxed Xons and my luck is still minimal. I managed to boost both my lightnings Lightspeed to +2. I think that was maybe 6 Gigancrysts received.... I also think i have 2 or 3 Healing Gigancryst but one of those is from log in rewards. Hopefully I can get another three more Xons for a full team soon... or a Garnet. She's one I wanted since forever. </3

Pejo

Not even for Tilith or Ayaka?!

I have Tilith, she could be situational for the MP regen and/or "no magic" challenges, but I'm not sure who Ayaka is. Hopefully by Tilith 6* we have WoL 6* so I can pass Embolden duties to him, or even Ramza's 100% buffs.

c-murph

Yeesh, It's like Gumi said "ok just give her literally everything". The only thing she can't do is regen the party's MP. What a stacked kit.

Sorta scares me that future content necessitates a unit like that.

I know, right? How do you even top that? What are they going to do for future FF name brand characters that are healers?

Alkez

I know, right? How do you even top that? What are they going to do for future FF name brand characters that are healers?

I have been wondering that ever since she came out. It actually annoyed me at first that they gave her basically everything because I don't see how any other 5* healer can even get close to competing, and I don't like monopolies when it comes to units.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom