• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

she's here!

sHSE3RG.png

Alkez

Trial rewards seem a bit lackluster. I feel like Echidna's Kiss should have been mag +30% and something else (hp +10% or something). For someone who hasn't farmed mag +30%s it will be useful though. And Assassin's Vest means one less quick assault I'll need to farm for Chizuru arena cheese.

Going to assume the status ailments the trial boss applies are paralysis and poison considering that's what the vest gives immunity to.

Dandte

Gaf, what was your best and yourst worst banner?

I only pulled Luneth, Randi and Eileen on banner.
Marie, Gilga, D. Fina and Ramza were off banner.
Marie was from the free Multi pull and Luneth a d Ramza are my only Mullti Rainbows.

Except for Aileen all my other came from daily half price pulls.

My best Banner regarding lapis/units ratio was the SoM Banner.

Daily Randi, Ticket Primm. Done.

My worst Banner musst be both Ff Xiii since i did a lot of multis without Lightning, the chinese New Year Banner because i didn't got Ling with a stupid amount of tickets and pulls and the current Banner with O out off 4 Banner units.

Also i took me weeks to get my first Mercedes and ludmille. DC here i come.

LucaMac

Trial rewards seem a bit lackluster. I feel like Echidna's Kiss should have been mag +30% and something else (hp +10% or something). For someone who hasn't farmed mag +30%s it will be useful though. And Assassin's Vest means one less quick assault I'll need to farm for Chizuru arena cheese.

Going to assume the status ailments the trial boss applies are paralysis and poison considering that's what the vest gives immunity to.

Good for me at least. I've no mage gear to speak of and currently tm farming three letters and arms for Freyvia...and who did I pull on a ticket today? Another Freyvia. Need to seriously focus on magic tms, so this is perfect...

I've no idea where to focus my party now. Now I've Noctis, Orlandu, Freyvia x2, Delita and I usally run a Cecil and DC Refia. Was toying with working on Noctank to put him in Cecils place to make room for Delita (I just +1'd his defense break and who has meditate to replace focus) but now is a 2nd Freyvia clearly a better option? They'd play well together, but I haven't even got the gear for one properly yet.

Myze

Ok, free daily was Lightning. Not terrible, but I'm not sure what to do with her or if she's even worth maxing out. (daily banner was Leon)

Maybe someone can help.

My current team is Yun (850 atk, have 2 quick assaults almost done), Noctis, Setzer, Refia and Cecil.

My only other 5* is two Ace's and now a Lightning.

So, is Lightning worth using anywhere? I don't see much use outside of Arena, which I am already able to easily get the 2nd level rank each week/month, and unwilling to try for the top 3000.

Ok, free daily was Lightning. Not terrible, but I'm not sure what to do with her or if she's even worth maxing out. (daily banner was Leon)

Maybe someone can help.

My current team is Yun (850 atk, have 2 quick assaults almost done), Noctis, Setzer, Refia and Cecil.

My only other 5* is two Ace's and now a Lightning.

So, is Lightning worth using anywhere? I don't see much use outside of Arena, which I am already able to easily get the 2nd level rank each week/month, and unwilling to try for the top 3000.

you would need to enhance her and then ahe becomes quite good

but i dont know if they ever adjusted the enhancement costs on batch 1

batch 2 characters seem to be magnitudes more economical but if you dont have any other enhancement candidates she is solid

Celegus

Lani and Medius today, par for the course.

At least they sugarcoated yet another Type-0 event with the new trial. I'll happily take a MAG +30! Excited to see how it works, since we obviously don't know anything about this one.

Myze

you would need to enhance her and then ahe becomes quite good

but i dont know if they ever adjusted the enhancement costs on batch 1

batch 2 characters seem to be magnitudes more economical but if you dont have any other enhancement candidates she is solid

Yeah, but Crushing Blow, which I'm guessing is the only one worth enhancing, is still 4 purecrysts for both levels (not to mention 12 giantcrysts), which really doesn't seem worth it (not that I have 4 power purecrysts) when it seems better to wait considering they aren't easy to get, and there will be much better options, even if I have to wait a while. Honestly not sure how much help that 75% Lightning resist would even help since she can't really chain or finish all that well.

yeah the trial is the highlight

again type O characters are pretty amazing for new players feeling behind

two newly annoited dual weild innate characters and more utility and easy gear added

they clear want to keep enticing people in i suppose

Trial is what the rest of us get and i can really use the MAG+30

Alkez

Good for me at least. I've no mage gear to speak of and currently tm farming three letters and arms for Freyvia...and who did I pull on a ticket today? Another Freyvia. Need to seriously focus on magic tms, so this is perfect...

Yeah it's good for me as well as I haven't farmed my mag +30%s yet (have 11 Shantottos). I just feel a trial reward should be a bit better than a fairly common 3* TM. Just a little something extra to make it unique. HP would have been nice as mages have such low HP to begin with. They need something that is equivalent of a bracer imo.

Hmm I think my best banner was probably the Aileen banner, but that's partly because it's the most pulls I've done on a banner and I can't pull on banner to save my life, which in this case was a good thing lmao.

My worst banner was probably Type 0 part 1. I had banner units but decided to go for Seven for some niche usage. 20 tickets down the drain and not a single yellow crystal. Probably my only "regret" in this game. Did not need her at all (and ofc pulled her later on). I was just rage pulling after a while because I didn't even get a decent 3*s.

New trial reward is just "oh neat, one less Shantotto TM to farm" otherwise it's not as good as other trials who get nice abilities.

Agreed. That was the point I was trying to get at. One less Shantatto group and one less Shine for me to farm now.

Yeah, but Crushing Blow, which I'm guessing is the only one worth enhancing, is still 4 purecrysts for both levels (not to mention 12 giantcrysts), which really doesn't seem worth it (not that I have 4 power purecrysts) when it seems better to wait considering they aren't easy to get, and there will be much better options, even if I have to wait a while. Honestly not sure how much help that 75% Lightning resist would even help since she can't really chain or finish all that well.

Exactly

They did a great job adjusting cost but didnt go far enough back

There is no reason why crushing blow should cost 4 purecrysts

Im happy they realized that they needed adjustments for global but they are really sloppy about it

LucaMac

Yea. I choose to see it not as a not very unique and TM farmable reward that it is. Instead focus on the fact that now I don't need to TM farm that and can do something better...that better thing coming sooner can be an added bonus to the trial reward (though yes, hp+10% or something on it also wouldn't go astray)...not sure what that better thing could be yet though...I'll be mage gear farming for the foreseeable future now.

Just took a look at the news. Guess the gil farming is kinda handy? Bahamut is already taking care of that though. How often do the events with 6* awakening mats roll round? My Orlandeau is ready and waiting along and so are the cactuars but I may have to spend them on other units if it's gonna be a while. Especially as I just hit the Veritas and kinda needs to work on healers who too now.

Kettch

Zyrus daily! Just in time.

Also Setzer from the free pull, that's my 3rd of him. I know he's a budget chainer, but does he chain well with anyone else?

EDIT:

Just took a look at the news. Guess the gil farming is kinda handy? Bahamut is already taking care of that though. How often do the events with 6* awakening mats roll round? My Orlandeau is ready and waiting along and so are the cactuars but I may have to spend them on other units if it's gonna be a while. Especially as I just hit the Veritas and kinda needs to work on healers who too now.

6* material is always available from mog events, and we're getting a new one in 2 days.

tuffymon

Alright, it's a sign that WoL was my daily... goes to look at news... and (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

In terms of utility and desire to stick with the game, Noctis, by far. Yes, it was Christmas. Yes, I whaled. Yes, I was drunk on General Tso's Chicken. But the Prince has never left my party, not once, and I also got bonus Chorizos.

In terms of resource expenditure?

Honestly, it's tied:

• 1a. FFV, Daily Greg. Hasn't left my party since.
  • 1b. Daily Marie. She eats elements for breakfast. The MVP of every event ever.
  • 2. Olive + Dark Fina on a single 10+1 pull on the Olive banner. Olive hasn't left my party yet either.
  • 3a. SoM: Randi on 3ish tickets while pulling for Primm.
  • 3b. CNY: Daily Yun; Ling on 15(?) tickets.
  • N. Trance Terra on 4-5ish tickets, I guess.
I also got a (dupe) Free Ramza on the last series of free pulls.

Doctor_No

They seem to have buffed Rem. DW daggers and a skill Boomerang Dagger; I'm assuming it's going to be like Ace's GL exclusive ability, Wild Card; which would be nice.

DWing daggers doesn't seem very useful, other than this events's Defender's Daggers (ATK +12, MAG +68, SPR +35, Manalchemy:3 MAG +15%, Auto-regen) there isn't a good dagger with MAG. Hopefully you can get two of them from the event. But I really wish you could also DW swords as well to take advantage of Fryevias Needle, meaning her BiS build will still require Genji Gloves.

If they were gonna buff her however I wish they buffed her Raise to a Full-Life.

I knew it was coming and still disappointed by a Type 0 event, at least it should be the last one. Trial rewards seem blah for a long time player but still not terrible. Finally got a Giancryst to drop....White....yay.

They seem to have buffed Rem. DW daggers and a skill Boomerang Dagger; I'm assuming it's going to be like Ace's GL exclusive ability, Wild Card; which would be nice.

DWing daggers doesn't seem very useful, other than this events's Defender's Daggers (ATK +12, MAG +68, SPR +35, Manalchemy:3 MAG +15%, Auto-regen) there isn't a good dagger with MAG. Hopefully you can get two of them from the event. But I really wish you could also DW swords as well to take advantage of Fryevias Needle, meaning her BiS build will still require Genji Gloves.

If they were gonna buff her however I wish they buffed her Raise to a Full-Life.

Yeah i cant think of any other magic oriented daggers so DW Daggers is likely meant to give her out of box utility for new players that pull her

otherwise you could always just slap on the survival edges and call it a day

My best banners are tied between CNY and the FFVI banner, both for the same reason. I scored Yun and Ling in about 6 pulls, and got both Trance Terra and Setzer in 8 pulls. Not multipulls... just pulls. Very lucky on both banners.

Worst banner? Pretty much every other one, but the Noctis and this current banner are by far my worst. Dumped every ounce of resources I had into both banners and came up completely empty for both. Very frustrating, but RNG is a bitch and I've come to accept that.

Wait, FRep requires you to enable it through USB debugging every time you reboot? Not a major issue but kinda a shame.

6* material is always available from mog events, and we're getting a new one in 2 days.

We are? I missed that XD Gonna need to farm that a lot. Hopefully it's one a good OP friend can carry.

Alkez

Wait, FRep requires you to enable it through USB debugging every time you reboot? Not a major issue but kinda a shame.

Yeah unfortunately so, unless your root your device. It's an inconvenience, especially if you have multiple batteries like I do, but as you say not a major issue. You can just keep the files on your device so you can activate FRep via any computer you have access to.

LucaMac

Yea. Get's frustrating sometimes when a battery dies or something and you've no access to your computer. It's not a big deal though, takes between 5 to 10 seconds to reset up after your phones been turned off or battery dies. Other than that it's very reliable. The macro I run is much shorter since the auto auto update. Don't have to worry about the actual battle during the macro, just need to press auto on the first run and then leave it at it. Find it very good in general.

Yeah unfortunately so, unless your root your device. It's an inconvenience, especially if you have multiple batteries like I do, but as you say not a major issue. You can just keep the files on your device so you can activate FRep via any computer you have access to.

Yea. Get's frustrating sometimes when a battery dies or something and you've no access to your computer. It's not a big deal though, takes between 5 to 10 seconds to reset up after your phones been turned off or battery dies. Other than that it's very reliable. The macro I run is much shorter since the auto auto update. Don't have to worry about the actual battle during the macro, just need to press auto on the first run and then leave it at it. Find it very good in general.

Yeah probably gonna copy those files onto all devices. I doubt it's going to be too much of a pain since I'm only gonna run it when I'm already using the laptop or desktop anyway. Took a bit of tweaking but I finally managed to make a macro I'm happy with. Didn't want Lapis refills since I'll be sticking f2p but managed to get it to loop without them and even go ahead with waiting for NRG and then carry on.

Didn't know auto would carry over like that but I managed to get it all working in 5 presses over 1.2 seconds so it feels fast enough anyway. Might try another later taking auto into account and see if I could cut a step or two out just for the sake of it.

Worst banner? This one by far. No 11 pulls but about two 11 pulls worth of tickets, dailies, and the free summon have not amounted to shit. Best banner, Orlandu, came away with 2. While pulling for a second TT i pulled a 3rd Orlandu / shrug.

c-murph

Wait, FRep requires you to enable it through USB debugging every time you reboot? Not a major issue but kinda a shame..

Only an issue if you turn off your phone... lol

They need to implement a feature where we can break down Purecrysts into Giantcrysts... or just give us more Giantcrysts. Either is fine.

LucaMac

Only an issue if you turn off your phone... lol

They need to implement a feature where we can break down Purecrysts into Giantcrysts... or just give us more Giantcrysts. Either is fine.

They have a similar equivalent in Record Keeper. You can combine or divide in a 10 to 1 ratio orbs/materials from 1* to 5*. However the highest rarity 6* crystals are excluded, because it would make both 5* and 6* abilities easier to get...if they ever do something similar here it's a safe bet that there would be restrictions on purecrysts to/from gigancrysts for sure...though I imagine converting up to gigancrysts would be what would be wanted the most...

Not likely at all though...they need us to run the gem vortex repeatedly to stop us TM farming a bit.

Worst banner was original lightning one. Spent $300 and didn't get her and pulled enough Charlottes to start a country. Best banner was Noctis, pulled 2 of him with an 11 pull and 5 tickets.

Dandte

Oh we get a ticket today

Pull - Gold - Shine

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Atm for me the ratio of this banner must 2/3 gold. And still 0 banner units.

Iceman829

Worst banners would rank from Dec Noctis event, Original Lightning, Lightning #2. 0 5* units and depleted everything I had. Shit was depressing and made me want to quit.

Best banners I guess would be the Maxwell trial banner and Emperor banner. I got a DKC and Emperor in less than 10 pulls.

My only other 5* was an off banner ticket Noctis pull. Most of the time I'm just flushing lapis down the toilet and using my tickets as toilet paper. So many 10+1 pulls with almost nothing to show for them besides a few tms

p.s. I hate Charlotte and Fang

Memory lane time

I took this screen capture 20.5.2016, it was my 4th day of playing. Thus I started 1 year 1 day ago. I have missed day from here and day from there.

That Gil amount spend without enhancements taking their part...
Garnet will prolly be my first unit to be maxed. I think you need 25/25 LB and 100% TM and 100/100 lvl?

To max a unit it just has to have maxed stats with pots. I only have 1 max unit and it's one of my Orlandu's and he still doesn't have LB or TM maxed.

across

Best Banner (Expenditure) - 4* : Tilith on the first daily of Brave Frontier
Best Banner (Expenditure) - 5* : Randi on my second ticket; first was Primm, daily pull was Popoi
Best Banner (Power) - 5* : Orlandeau + Gilgamesh on FFT banner
Best Banner (Surprise) - 5* : 2x Trance Terra on FF6 banner

Worst Banner (Expenditure) - 4* : Ling - 40ish tickets + 7 dailies
Worst Banner (Expenditure) - 5* : Noctis - Christmas Chest + 30ish tickets + 15k? Lapis and didn't get him
Worst Banner (Surprise) - 5* : 10+1 pull on Egg Seekers got me a rainbow -> Fryevia hype -> Delita pops out
Worst Banner (Garbage) - This Type-0 3 shit wasting two weeks of time/NRG

Kouriozan

Worst banner was definitely Gilgamesh and Noctis last year, only got trash and that legendary double rainbow troll on the same 10+1 pulls.
I even spent 50€ on Greg and another 50€ on Noctis.

Since then it's pretty much

JUvc1lo.png

"you can't get shit units if you don't summon"

Guess my best banner are about the worst 5*, Lightning on the first 10+1 then DKCecil while using 25 tickets to get Cecil.

MSRlpFGl.jpg

Finally the Emperor on the free 10+1 but it was free and not a banner so it don't really count.

evangd007

- free summon - Shadow. Crashing back down to earth after that Xon pickup.

- best banner: FFXIII banner 2 - got 2 Lightning and an off-banner Snow on a single 10+1

- worst banner(s) - Chinese New Year - no Yun, no Ling, not even a Xiao; and FF Type-0 1 - 40+ pulls looking for Seven, and no dice. January was a rough month.

- honorable mention banner for both best and worst - got Queen on Type-0 2 in just 3 pulls looking for bonus units. I was lucky I got a 5* base, but unlucky that it was the worst one with little hope of future redemption.

- So with Type-0 3 now and the DQ event looking like a skip, does that mean we're getting FFXII as the next mog king? Please?

Kettch

Oh we get a ticket today

Pull - Gold - Shine

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Atm for me the ratio of this banner must 2/3 gold. And still 0 banner units.

At least Shine is one of the best off-banner golds to get. I wouldn't mind pulling another 7 or so of her.

Kouriozan

About the fact that we still don't have WoL awakening, I fear Gumi will do something like "1st year anniversary, Final Fantasy 1 Global Exclusive event"
They'll probably beg Square Enix to make/release a 5* FF 1 character, since it's the only unit series currenly released in Japan who don't have one yet. Dunno which one it could be though.

About the fact that we still don't have WoL awakening, I fear Gumi will do something like "1st year anniversary, Final Fantasy 1 Global Exclusive event"
They'll probably beg Square Enix to make/release a 5* FF 1 character, since it's the only unit series currenly released in Japan who don't have one yet. Dunno which one it could be though.

Make either Astos, Chaos or Warmech kthxbye.

across

Matoya first GL exclusive 5* mage. Bookmark this post.

Xon's treasure hunter works. Ran the chamber of gems all weekend without him, no t4. First run with him on the team I get one.

Ehhh it might help a bit I dunno. I just started this morning to run a 2 Xon/3 Locke team, and already at 250 NRG, and nothing. Actually I take that back I got a Healing Giancryst on the first run, but otherwise I have seen no difference. Still have had runs with 1-2 Alcrysts and that's it. I'm just gonna go back to using my TM team with a single Xon.

Ehhh it might help a bit I dunno. I just started this morning to run a 2 Xon/3 Locke team, and already at 250 NRG, and nothing. Actually I take that back I got a Healing Giancryst on the first run, but otherwise I have seen no difference. Still have had runs with 1-2 Alcrysts and that's it. I'm just gonna go back to using my TM team with a single Xon.

I don't know if having multiple will stack in some way. I'd need to check Reddit for confirmation on that. We need those story mission or what ever its called that JP has so we can get on par with these mats.

Pejo

Shit news, shit upcoming event, shit free pull, shit 1/2 price pull, shit ticket.

So how's everyone doing this morning?

Man I just cannot believe we still have no WoL 6*. Of all the balance issues, is he really the most overpowering? Why the huge delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom