• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

across

Have to say, this has been a really good spell for me in this game. The raid has been really good. I've leveled a lot of units, got Zyrus' LB to 17 (atm), and gained multiple of the TMs on the banner (except Reberta). And with the mog king 25 NRG adjustment it's so easy to jump in for 2 minutes, play, and be done with it. I don't feel burnt out like usual.

Yup. I find it very difficult to care about the lack of bonus mobs when you factor in the real time difference. Raid provides for truckloads of experience via cactuars, rank EXP, etc..

On a completely different note, I'm seriously considering buying Rem's AOE MP drain just in case she ever randomly pops out of a crystal. I just got hit with it in Arena. What a stitch up.

Kouriozan

When will Gumi, or, are they able to fix the raid rankings?
It's sad I went from 5% moogle and 3 tickets to a single ticket.

Seems like the bots were banned but nothing changed.

Chinner

Banned
When will Gumi, or, are they able to fix the raid rankings?
It's sad I went from 5% moogle and 3 tickets to a single ticket.

Seems like the bots were banned but nothing changed.

I'm slightly worried that the bot attack will change Gumi's stance towards macros.

across

CliffsNotes on this upcoming banner:

- Wilhelm is really good. Who knows when WoL6 is coming out.
- Grace has a good TM (25% MAG/SPR, 20% MP) that is more raw stats than Vanille's (30% MAG/SPR) but is a bad unit. So not so different from Vanille.
- Jean is trash. 120 ATK gun but it's forced 2h, so can't be dual wielded and can't be used with Doublehand. It has 1.3 - 1.7 damage variance which is quite a bit higher than normal guns, but it's not really enough.
- Abel's TM (Cowboy Knife or whatever they translate it as; 82 attack, gives dual wield) is good for anyone whose weapon proficiencies make it hard for them to benefit from two weapon mastery materia (Blade Mastery, Large Sword Mastery, Dark Knight's Soul (ish), etc.). Anyone still using Yun especially may want to pick one of these up. Abel himself is a 5* cap, so who cares.

I am not even getting a ticket anymore. Just 200 lapis.

On a second note, crystal tower pushed my doublehand to 99.6%, that last .4%! Then Olive gets even better

CliffsNotes on this upcoming banner:

- Wilhelm is really good. Who knows when WoL6 is coming out.
- Grace has a good TM (25% MAG/SPR, 20% MP) that is more raw stats than Vanille's (30% MAG/SPR) but is a bad unit. So not so different from Vanille.
- Jean is trash. 120 ATK gun but it's forced 2h, so can't be dual wielded and can't be used with Doublehand. It has 1.3 - 1.7 damage variance which is quite a bit higher than normal guns, but it's not really enough.
- Abel's TM (Cowboy Knife or whatever they translate it as; 82 attack, gives dual wield) is good for anyone whose weapon proficiencies make it hard for them to benefit from two weapon mastery materia (Blade Mastery, Large Sword Mastery, Dark Knight's Soul (ish), etc.). Anyone still using Yun especially may want to pick one of these up. Abel himself is a 5* cap, so who cares.

Going to try for two abels. Need them daggers for Ling and Setzer.

across

Going to try for two abels. Need them daggers for Ling and Setzer.

I'll likely be passing. I don't have anyone who legitimately benefits from it and I need to start saving my pennies for FF12, which is very likely to be our next Mog King event since DQ isn't happening.

There's also the question mark that is anniversary coming up. I think I'll pass on getting sucked into this banner... for real this time! Hey, I successfully skipped the entirety of Aileen's banner...

I'll likely be passing. I don't have anyone who legitimately benefits from it and I need to start saving my pennies for FF12, which is very likely to be our next Mog King event since DQ isn't happening.

There's also the question mark that is anniversary coming up. I think I'll pass on getting sucked into this banner... for real this time! Hey, I successfully skipped the entirety of Aileen's banner...

I mean......I do have 4-5 zidanes and I could do a 2 for 2 at 50%/45% to get two DW. Think you are right, I'll pull daily for one just to have the dagger, don't need 2.

tuffymon

Kinda disappointed that the crystal tower didn't add an extra difficulty or something... I have 0 reason to redo the tower and this just pushes me into a full week of Tm farming /shrug

Kinda disappointed that the crystal tower didn't add an extra difficulty or something... I have 0 reason to redo the tower and this just pushes me into a full week of Tm farming /shrug

I'm not mad at this. Since the Bahamut trial I haven't had any time for TM farming. My TM back log is bananas right now!

Alkez

I'm not mad at this. Since the Bahamut trial I haven't had any time for TM farming. My TM back log is bananas right now!

O man don't even get me started on the TM back log. Adding giant crysts to the mog king was one the smartest things GUMI has done. I would be done with farming now if I wasn't going for any, which is in line with other mog king events. Now I'm likely to be farming all week, which means the TM back log gets pushed back at least another week.

Well play GUMI, well played.

It's not a featured event. I'm ok with this. I hope they throw some of the events back for people who missed or couldn't complete. I still would like a Chiri if that event ever comes back around.

tuffymon

I haven't pulled in so long (March/minus the freebies of course) that I'm scrapping the bottom of my Tm list, not to say I have nothing of course... Hopefully the anniversary will fix that a little for me >.>;

evangd007

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't Wilhelm and co come with an exploration event related to the previous story chapter? I didn't think that Crystal Tower would be the event for the week, especially since it dropped on a Monday.

Also Type-0 3 is still active (and ends after Crystal Tower too), so farm the gigancrysts.

Xion86

Decided to use 3 tickets:

Blue...Eight
Blue...Sice (finally a banner unit! :D)
Blue...Celes

Happy that I got at least the one banner unit to boost the bonus very slightly.

Kouriozan

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't Wilhelm and co come with an exploration event related to the previous story chapter? I didn't think that Crystal Tower would be the event for the week, especially since it dropped on a Monday.

Also Type-0 3 is still active (and ends after Crystal Tower too), so farm the gigancrysts.
Yes there is an exploration but it's still not the story event that will come with Fohlen/Amelia

across

Yup. Giancryst farming for the duration of this event. If it turns out that story events rain them freely then hey, I guess I'll regret the wasted week and change, but accessing certain ability awakenings is a hell of a lot more important than 21% on my two Elles.

edit: with 4x Sice + 1x friend Rem, 300 NRG (288/day, +daily energy - we're getting the vortex daily a lot, and Bahamut raid clears count, so that's "free" 15 energy) = 19k-20k Phantoma/day without any bonus enemies. Should be able to secure 3x Power/3x Support with no trouble and maybe grab 1-2 Tech before the event ends.

Kouriozan

If you land on Wilhelm, he can reach crazy high HP (= Arena nightmare) and survive Aigaion's OS mechanic.

giphy.gif

Without draw attack/provoke, Aigaion is supposed to OS your highest ATK character every turn.

O man don't even get me started on the TM back log. Adding giant crysts to the mog king was one the smartest things GUMI has done. I would be done with farming now if I wasn't going for any, which is in line with other mog king events. Now I'm likely to be farming all week, which means the TM back log gets pushed back at least another week.

Well play GUMI, well played.

I know right?!?!?! We see you Gumi, we see you......

I haven't pulled in so long (March/minus the freebies of course) that I'm scrapping the bottom of my Tm list, not to say I have nothing of course... Hopefully the anniversary will fix that a little for me >.>;

Stay strong Tuffy, resist the urge to pull. I need to start stacking tickets for Rikku.

Shouta

Hope they buff Wilhelm. His provoke can't provoke aoe attacks like WoL's, and given that he is a 5* base it'll be shame that he is outshined by the eventual WoL 6* as a tank. As you don't need a lot of tanks its hard to see him being as a worthwhile investment.

He'll still be nice to have as an off banner pull against strong single target attackers, but I might skip this one unless Gumi gives me a reason to pull. I'm reasonable happy with what they did with Rem, hope Wilhelm also gets balanced out.

WoL can't provoke AOE attacks, he covers them though with a high probability. It's also limited to physical AOE attacks as well. Mystair can AOE cover magic attacks for his counterpart. Provoke will draw all single target hits as I recall.

Wilhelm straight up beats WoL as a provoke tank because of his damage reduction and insane defense/HP. Every tank loses to Wilhelm in that respect. If they gave the old man an AoE Cover ability, he'd be more broken than Ayaka or Sage Sakura, lol.

I'm going to quit pulling after the last 11 pull was more trash. I've done five so far and not a single usable unit.

Hopefully Gumi starts fixing some of these issues and at least gets 4* out of pulls.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Interesting trade off. WKN's provoke dmg reduction is 50%, but Wilhelm can do things other than sit there and get hit in the face or boost reduction to 75%.

Syntsui

I don't really care for this banner, WoL will be good enough to beat whatever they release.

So, FFX or BF pt2 next week? People without Tilith will go crazy on BF banner and will be out of stock for FFX lol. People with Tilith will go crazy for Vargas and his sword. Elza might come back with broken as fuck enhancements too.

I don't really care for this banner, WoL will be good enough to beat whatever they release.

So, FFX or BF pt2 next week? People without Tilith will go crazy on BF banner and will be out of stock for FFX lol. People with Tilith will go crazy for Vargas and his sword. Elza might come back with broken as fuck enhancements too.

I am betting one or the other, if only to get people to use resources like crazy before Anni for either Rikku/Tidus or Tilith/Vargas. Personally I will be going for Rikku and Tidus, but probably skipping the 2nd BF unless they buff Vargas with some stuff. Already have everyone else except Karl...and fuck that guy.

Kouriozan

Yeah Brave Frontier will come first, so people will be out of lapis chasing Tilith for "must have Rikku", it only makes sense for Gumi.
+ Elza enhancements were datamined already so she'll most probably be in the June batch, would make sense to release BF part 2 at the same time.

Chinner

Banned
WoL can't provoke AOE attacks, he covers them though with a high probability. It's also limited to physical AOE attacks as well. Mystair can AOE cover magic attacks for his counterpart. Provoke will draw all single target hits as I recall.

Wilhelm straight up beats WoL as a provoke tank because of his damage reduction and insane defense/HP. Every tank loses to Wilhelm in that respect. If they gave the old man an AoE Cover ability, he'd be more broken than Ayaka or Sage Sakura, lol.
The impression I get is that Willhem excels at being a tank, while WOL and Cecil are tanks/support.

tuffymon

I am betting one or the other, if only to get people to use resources like crazy before Anni for either Rikku/Tidus or Tilith/Vargas. Personally I will be going for Rikku and Tidus, but probably skipping the 2nd BF unless they buff Vargas with some stuff. Already have everyone else except Karl...and fuck that guy.

You dare talk bad about Karl king of ducks?... for shame! >.>;

Muku

Wow. Bahamut is a ragig level 35. Rawr.

So, WTF at the FF Castle shit showing back up? Hrmph. What a waste. Filler shit. I'll see if alt finished all though. I remember the highest thing getting the Mighty Hammer, for which Delita was using like a boss until this Raid. Gungnir hoooooo! (Well right now DW Gungnir and Bahamut's Fang for that Dragon Killer, but he'll be DWing Gungir after Raid.) Have like 3 Gungnir on alt... and 4 on Main. Woot woot. Only thing holding me back right now is no moar Kains. Saving coins in mean time.

Did daily to see if I could nab another on my main. Blue -> Fang. As shitty as she is, I couldn't even complain. I know she's got Equip Spear, and not a damn person in my party right now has it. So maybe it's a slow work up for that. But once I capped Firion, I might see if he can replace someone in my current group. Don't know much about him but would be willing to give him a chance.

Got all tickets on my main last night from event. Now to work on Moogle...

Nikokuno

Is there a purpose to keep dozen of gungir?

Also add me a just made room (9 slots): 839532883. Rixa I want to try out your Firion too 😲

eggydoo

I don't mind the reboot of events since I was still low level at the time and couldn't get all the rewards. I remember getting demolished last time...

I wouldn't mind getting the old monastery event to get chiri too

I can't work out what's a better use of NRG right now. I awakened as many characters to 6* as I could from the mats at 160 per go, from here it would be 500 a bit and I have the tickets that were 1k or below.

I figure it's best to wait for the next mog event for 6* rather than pay the mark up, but should I farm the tickets or TM grind? I've got 5 TM's in the works that would really boost my Orlandeau, perhaps enough to cheese beasts of the dark and Gilgamesh.

I'm thinking TM's for the long haul?

Muku

I think it was just a clear reward, right?

So....did you clear it? lolol

That's the thing.. I'm not seeing where it says it's been cleared. I did BGN thinking it would say that along the way, and it didn't give me any indication which is why I asked.

Edit: Nevermind, see it now. It's weird. It wasn't showing cleared or not cleared earlier. Felt like last night where orbs weren't being shown. (Because bots being bots.) Guess it just wasn't loading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom