• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDarkness

Decided to do a couple of pulls on this banner to try to get one of the Finas and Lid, but ended up with Naked Fina and no Lid or Dark Fina. I'll try again tomorrow, but I have this feeling getting Naked Lid is gonna be difficult.

It's a bummer we can't get a second Maxwell, but at least I don't have to do this fight again. I'd like the summon ticket, but I don't want the stress of trying to beat her again. Gonna relax this time around and maybe move through the story since they're 1/2 off now.

evangd007

Daily - Snow and Ignorance.

Because everyone loves off-banner gold dupes. Got the same one last week too. At this rate I'll have a champ belt without farming or TM moogles in no time flat.

Alkez

[JP] Did a daily and used some tickets. Got nothing to speak of apart from Crow. Was hoping for Cor because the raid drops banner moogles so that would be an easy attack +30%. Plus I need a debuffer.

RedZaraki

Banned
So the hardest mission for me was Elite Maxwe'lls "No Units KO'd" mission. I did manage to clear it though. It was the final mission I cleared and I got it in my fifth run overall......barely (Refia survived one turn with 250 HP.....yeesh.

My team was the following:

Orlandu (Odin)
Cecil (Golem)
Marie (Ifrit)
Tilith (Carbuncle)
Refia (Ramuh)
Friend Elza (Odin)

Most important things here:

- Always maintain defense buff
- Always maintain attack debuff
- Always maintain light resist buff
- Always keep provoke on tank
- Always keep everyone at max hp

Between Marie, Refia, and Tilith I found that usually speaking Refia had lots of free turns to do nothing.

First turn was:

Orlandeau: Crush Weapon
Elza: Ravaging Blow
Cecil: Provoke
Refia: Embolden
Tilith: Radiant Light
Marie: Love You All

Although Marie you can replace with Minfillia for her Shining Guard and Protection of the Gods. Tilith you can replace with Y'Shtola for more Curaja. Orlandeau you can replace with any other good DPS, but someone on your team needs an ATK debuff.

The worst turns are when he buffs his own attack and removes all your buffs at the same time.

In those instances this was my turn:

Cecil: Dispel
Orlandeau: Crush Weapon
Elza: Ravaging Blow
Refia: Embolden
Marie: Love you All
Tilith: Radiant Light

And immediately the next turn you have Cecil re-establish Provoke and Marie put up Focus again.

It's a tough fight. Might put some extra HP+15% on units you usually wouldn't too.

Edit: NOTE: My Orlandeau had Genji Blade + Deathbringer, NOT Excalibur.

Niahak

Can anyone explain how to get Maxwell? I can either kill her before the espers bar is half full or die trying to increase it without killing her, which also didn't seem to work. Ideas?

Either a provoke/counter tank (Snow or Wilhelm), or (alternatively) put Black Belt and First Strike on Cecil, so he counters a bunch to generate orbs. I also put the double-attack spear (twin lance) on Cecil, I don't think double-attack procs on counter but he's sturdy enough to attack on some turns anyway.

Can't even beat the first Maxwell. Will have to figure it out when I get back from work because I got wrecked.

A major factor for me was having everyone survive that opening attack so I don't get stuck in a revive loop with the healer. Really helps if you have someone else who can provide at least a serviceable heal too like Cecil's Curaja to help out should you need to rez anyone. Then buffs and debuffs. I was not expecting the 15 stam mission to be anywhere near as hard as it was to be honest.

Pejo

Gold Member
Neat, tickets give you the bonus TM moogles too.

Used 3 and got a Summer Lid and Summer Fina. Now I can call it quits on this banner. Shame they put the bonus TMs on a crap banner, but I guess they need something to get you pulling.

I just realized somehow I got spot 5400~ in Arena last week. That's the first time I ever broke the 10k barrier. New round of Maxwell challenges too, excited to try it out.

Spent a ticket because "why not?".

Blue, broke into Gold! Could it be something good? Is Amelia finally mine? Maybe 4* Fina since I've been unlucky and getting all off banner 4*?

Fucking Luka...

There's my answer for "Why not?"

Syntsui

The whole day worth of stamina yesterday plus all the stamina I got today and I can't get a bonus unit to appear. If they didn't nerf it I'm having some insane bad luck at the moment considering this streak never happened in 7 freaking days of farming.

Kouriozan

Did the ELT Maxwell twice, one for esper kill and 5 man party, and one for the no K.O., went OK I guess.
Did the no KO with Fryevia and she was super strong, even more that I can't chain. (25% HP by herself)
Forgot to add a 6th unit for the no KO run, don't be silly like me >.>

Stop pulling guys, FFX banner is less than a week away! This will be the best banner since the first Noctis one and likely the best for a long long time. Top tier DPS unit even in Japan and a top tier if not the top tier Support unit with only one other unit sharing the banner...doesn't get much better than that. Save and hoard, save and hoard! It's nice new story missions came out so everyone can pad their lapis wallet a little more and with half off NRG, can easily knock it out quickly.

Phew, cashed in all the Titan coins last night and it took forever to sort out all the units and clear up space again. I ended up not really being able to accept mail rewards due to all the pots and cactuars. I even used up all the single Gigantuars to clear up space and only have 10 open ha Saving that for the 10+1 pulls during FFX banner. Well, once I get WoL 6* or Tidus and Rikku, I can use up all those cactuars and pots which is what my inventory needs. Soon, soon! Also, after pulling who knows how much during the Ifrit Raid and not getting a single Yshtola, I get several after this massive Titan coin exchange, figures when she's so easy to unlock via the single rewards this time around ha Used up the ingredients to make all the gear for Yshtola and Yda plus a couple Meteor Rings which I didn't get around to making last time. It was nice completing a Minfilia TM without ever farming with her and I have a nice head start on a second Minfilia. Good lord the amount of Thancreds I had to sell. If only he had a decent TM.

I think I'll break from the BF mog event and take care of the Maxwell events and the story missions. Honestly, I don't even need to do the mog event anymore but if I do I could shoot for gigancrysts or purecrysts so worth doing after I knock out the finite stuff I suppose.

Not a fan of what I'm reading here about the Expeditions. I don't think I'm going to even bother with that mode. I'm looking forward to doing the story missions though, should get quite interesting after the temple you start out at given what we learned in the last update.

Alkez

[JP] Going to spend the weekend running Cactur Dunes to get my units up. Up to 160k points in the raid. Should have Omni Rod in a couple of days.

The whole day worth of stamina yesterday plus all the stamina I got today and I can't get a bonus unit to appear. If they didn't nerf it I'm having some insane bad luck at the moment considering this streak never happened in 7 freaking days of farming.

It's not just you. Kouriozan and I were saying the same thing on the other page. They've definitely nerfed it. It's a shame, would have liked to have gone for a purecryst.

[JP] Going to spend the weekend running Cactur Dunes to get my units up. Up to 160k points in the raid. Should have Omni Rod in a couple of days.

It's not just you. Kouriozan and I were saying the same thing on the other page. They've definitely nerfed it. It's a shame, would have liked to have gone for a purecryst.

(JP) Sheesh so many points already? I am only at 60k as I can't do anything higher than the 3rd difficulty with the 2 or 3 strong friend units I have. Oh well I would love to get to the Rod, but I doubt I will unless I can get a couple of more friend units that can solo the 3rd or even 4th one. Shouta do you have any room? ;)

Alkez

[JP]

(JP) Sheesh so many points already? I am only at 60k as I can't do anything higher than the 3rd difficulty with the 2 or 3 strong friend units I have. Oh well I would love to get to the Rod, but I doubt I will unless I can get a couple of more friend units that can solo the 3rd or even 4th one. Shouta do you have any room? ;)

I'm not going to lie, I have been playing this way too much lol. I can only do the second level (third with some gaffers). It's just because I'm low rank so I'm ranking up a lot and getting full orbs. Plus I've had the time to play yesterday and today so I've been putting in work. I figured the raid is a good time for me to boost my team so I'm trying to use my raid orbs often.

For me the Omni Rod is a must get because my main DPS is Sakura, and you know how this game treats mages. If I don't pick this up I'm going to be starved of a good weapon for her for some time, and I refuse to TM farm on this game.

I'm not going to lie, I have been playing this way too much lol. I can only do the second level (third with some gaffers). It's just because I'm low rank so I'm ranking up a lot and getting full orbs. Plus I've had the time to play yesterday and today so I've been putting in work. I figured the raid is a good time for me to boost my team so I'm trying to use my raid orbs often.

For me the Omni Rod is a must get because my main DPS is Sakura, and you know how this game treats mages. If I don't pick this up I'm going to be starved of a good weapon for her for some time, and I refuse to TM farm on this game.

Actually my problem was I ranked up like 8 times and forgot to use the orbs so that probably didn't help. Yeah, I don't even TM farm anymore on Global so I am never doing it on JPN. I am enjoying it though so far even though I can't read any of it lol.

Rixa

ELT I just wanted No KO mission done and didn't mind the the rest. I wasn't prepared 2 turn kill o_O. I guess I will do the 5 man mission too :D

Screenshot_20170623-194227.png
Screenshot_20170623-194249.png

My first turn was:

- Y'shtola Shellga & Protectga
- Cecil Provoke
- Refia Curaja & Cura
- Noctis Warp Break (Equipped with Deathbringer)
- Ace Tri Beam
- FRolandu Divine Ruination (equipped with StQ)

^^
Ill just left Refia out next try for 5 man kill.

Alkez

[JP]

Actually my problem was I ranked up like 8 times and forgot to use the orbs so that probably didn't help. Yeah, I don't even TM farm anymore on Global so I am never doing it on JPN. I am enjoying it though so far even though I can't read any of it lol.

Yeah I'm liking it a lot more than I thought I would. I guess having all the resources on reddit helps, and just knowing what buttons are from playing GL for so long makes a lot of it easier. Btw, I mentioned this yesterday but in case you missed it, if you have the Google Translate app on your phone you can take temporary pictures and it will translate the words for you. I find it really helpful if I want to quickly find out what something is, like the missions. It's surprisingly accurate, even with names.

So apparently this raid drops Aranea Moogle TM, I have to at very least get enough coins for it >.>

Yeah it does. It's why I wanted Cor, as his TM is attack +30% so this would be a good way for a non TM farmer to get it.

Yeah I'm liking it a lot more than I thought I would. I guess having all the resources on reddit helps, and just knowing what buttons are from playing GL for so long makes a lot of it easier. Btw, I mentioned this yesterday but in case you missed it, if you have the Google Translate app on your phone you can take temporary pictures and it will translate the words for you. I find it really helpful if I want to quickly find out what something is, like the missions. It's surprisingly accurate, even with names.

I didn't see that, but good call! Thanks, I will try that out.

Syntsui

Amazing, I'll definetely do another multi on this banner. I already have one Cor so if I can get his and Aranea TM it will be a gigantic headstart for me.

The problem is I can't even do the second level of the raid yet >.>

I'll slowly abuse your units to get the easier trials' weapons and hope it's enough.

Muku

So, this time I felt like I had the team to take out Maxwell. It was a long, hard fought battle, but I ended up with Maxwell now on my side. First round this time. (After many attempts last go around.)

MVPs: Cecil, Refia, Orlandu, Rydia, Minfillia
Guest MVP: Noctis (great for breaking and rez)

Once Orlandu and Minfillia stopped jacking Rydia's orbs to use her LB, she did it like a pro. So glad I recently decided to cap her out. Minfillia popped Diablos next round. After that was the bit of a slog while Maxwell decided it would be funny to heal a bit.

Even got the beat Maxwell with a LB not realizing I was doing it! Haha. Got the other two last one, so I've capped all rewards from that this time.

robotuw

How come nobody is putting Deathbringer on their Orlandu (or at least taking excalibur off)? Anyone willing to do so for a bit? I want to knock this Maxwell trial out.

Muku

How come nobody is putting Deathbringer on their Orlandu (or at least taking excalibur off)? Anyone willing to do so for a bit? I want to knock this Maxwell trial out.

I just put Excal back on mine. Don't have DKC on main to have Deathbringer. But if you want I can remove Excal again. Give me a moment to get out of this Ore run. (I put a Chiji on him when I did it.)

Edit: Put Chiji back on Orlandu for now. :)

Visceir

JP raid got plenty of goodies as point rewards, so worth doing either way.

I've been doing BF event actively now that I have Maxwell and I've gotten ~5 bonus mobs runs today, while before maint I almost never saw bonus monsters (maybe once or twice in like 20 runs).

I'd chalk your lack of bonus mob encounters up to just bad rng.

robotuw

I just put Excal back on mine. Don't have DKC on main to have Deathbringer. But if you want I can remove Excal again. Give me a moment to get out of this Ore run. (I put a Chiji on him when I did it.)

Edit: Put Chiji back on Orlandu for now. :)

Thanks!

Ok wow that was overkill. Cecil + Minfilia + Tilith + 2 Orlandus (my own with +200% dmg from deathbringer and man-slayer materia). She could barely touch me. Nobody went below half health and she was dead in 4 turns. Got everything except the limit pot (I hear they are plentiful in the new maze). I might go back for it if I feel like it later. I'll keep my dark-landu up for a while in case people want to use him.

Muku

Thanks!

Ok wow that was overkill. Cecil + Minfilia + Tilith + 2 Orlandus (my own with +200% dmg from deathbringer and man-slayer materia). She could barely touch me. Nobody went below half health and she was dead in 4 turns. Got everything except the limit pot (I hear they are plentiful in the new maze). I might go back for it if I feel like it later. I'll keep my dark-landu up for a while in case people want to use him.

You're welcome. :)

LOL I can imagine it was overkill.

I'll keep up my non Excal Orlandu up as well for a bit in case anyone really needs. I'm sure once folks with better 'landus change theirs over mine will be obsolete. XD But hopefully he can help someone in mean time.

Edit: If anyone needs Man Slayer on him, just let me know. Go to work in about an hour, but can replace it as soon as I'm available if requested. (Or should I pre-empt?)

tuffymon

I know someone said they failed an expedition earlier, but they didn't say that you get 0 item's (which depending on the game is obvious or not), but you do get some exp, not sure if it was the norm or not.

Struggled so mightily on Max the first time. Just 2-turned her this time.

Get rekt. Fry-Fry chain.

Soon as I find some more Fry friends I'll try to burst down ELT.

I know someone said they failed an expedition earlier, but they didn't say that you get 0 item's (which depending on the game is obvious or not), but you do get some exp, not sure if it was the norm or not.

Yeah I failed 2 90% ones, and got nothing except some EXP. Both were 12 hour ones as well. Good times.

Svafnir

I can't seem to build enough esper gauge before killing him :( although it's easy to beat him, but yeah... if fight goes on to long I just die.

Muku

I can't seem to build enough esper gauge before killing him :( although it's easy to beat him, but yeah... if fight goes on to long I just die.

Rydia. Rydia's LB will boost your Esper gauge. She is key here if you're going for getting Maxwell. (Or Garnet. I think she does it too.)

Kouriozan

Where all the Fryvieraeerae friends at, wanna knock out Maxwell fast, don't wanna risk a 2nd destiny targeting someone else.
Maxwell eating all those friend list slots haha.
Did the story until one showed up finally.

EDIT : Maxwell ELT is yet again one of those "Man 6* WoL would have been amazing" with his 45% breaks and 100% Light resist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom