• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucaMac

Did your Maxwell or Cecil have 150 to 200% Light Resist? I haven't done ELT yet as I'm currently at work, was just theory crafting.

Nah. My bad. Figured it would be managable. Went in to do it with Refia with 70% light resist included, but yea the light debuff mwesses things up. Doable Id say but would be a stupidly long fight. Went in and melted it with Freyvia and Friendvia in three turns...unfortunately Friendvia had diablos equipped so missed the no KO and it took threr turns ratjer than two...Freyvia is great. Cant wait for my letters and arms...

Xion86

Haven't played in awhile and had 28k lapis and 47 tickets. Used all tickets and spent 15k lapis. Got Elsa, Wilhelm and Tilith.

Tilith is the one I was chasing but I just read that Wilhelm is a good tank. Still have a couple 10 pulls to hail mary for Tidus if he ever comes.

Welcome back, think I deleted you though, what was your ID so I can add you again?

I'm starting to feel a bit lost and need help:

-- What are the priorities around ability awakening materials? What should I be buying from the mog king?

-- Is it me or do all of the units with those options currently seem not needed at all? I'm guessing that in the distant future ability awakening is a huge deal and we get them for better units?

-- Is doing this supposed to be easier than it appears? None of this is adding up for me.

I think you had your questions answered earlier but don't stress to much over them :). Just go on the Reddit page regarding enhancements and check out which characters you might want them for and stock up on those types of Crysts. I'm grabbing Guard as much as I can for WoL as I know I'll be using him as a Tank. I've not enhanced anyone yet though and just hoarding up Crysts until I really need to enhance a unit that I use very often and will make a big difference in Trials. I feel like a lot of the current enhancements are not that worth it as I never use those units in my main party.

Anyone playing on NOX? I keep getting "A connection error has occured" and can't get past the title screen. On my phone I can login fine though.

I TM farm overnight with NoX and been fine for me.

Congrats on the Xiao?

Haha, thanks ;) she snuck in there.

Xion congrats on the Tilith! Long overdue.

Thank you!

Hmmm wonder when I should give Maxwell ELT a go...maybe when I get home. Will see how tough the fight is. Any verdicts on how the fight is yet?

Alkez

Just a heads up to any PC owners, the steam summer sale started if you didn't know. Every FF from 3 to 13 (excluding 12) is 50% off atm.

Just did the ELT version and am now sharing a Tilith with 150% light resist I made for it. I think it was important to break this bosses attack as well. I know not many people have her, but I used Ling and used Daunting Step every other turn to do so. I think it helped. Other units were Orlandu and friend Orlandu but I made sure the friend unit I took in with me wasn't using Excalibur. Chain Divine Ruination ftw. My fifth slot was for Wilhelm.

Also to note, I've had the most success with esper kills when I cast them before doing a Divine Ruination chain. This way their attacks go off when that combo number is rising. In this case I had to do some auto attack turns to get enough orbs for the esper though .

19388719_10156293208818989_7902894404293979863_o.jpg

I'll try maxxwell when I get back home this afternoon..
On a side note, I hope my 5* guaranteed and my 10+1 turns ah-ok...
I'm in need of a strong dps//chained (freivyia, landu, aileen) to pair with my olive..
Support slot I'm set, thanks to ramza... healer is tilith or D.C. Refia... I have already my caster party (2x dfina and 1x emperor)..
I desperately need two chained//dps :|
Daily, gold... rosa?
Ok....

tuffymon

I have some leg work to do to make this happen, but IF I don't slack >.>; I think I can have a 95% evade 150% light resist Noctis ready in a few days... just having him jump over and over would net a win. Although I doubt Maxwell's tough enough that people would care about this method.

sasuke_91

Well... if I spend too much time on Maxwell I get killed. I can't evoke Diabolos though and killing Maxwell with a Limit Burst is also impossible if I only have 3-4 turns...
Seems like I'm fucked.

Vashetti

Banned
Woo finally managed to evoke Diabolos!

Can't be bothered with the other objectives, way too frustrating.

Sharing Maxwell as my leader now for the rest of the event, feel free to add me:

sasuke_91

Finally managed to fill the meter but Exdeath gets killed every round before I can evoke Diabolos. I was busy reviving and healing him every round and got killed instead. This is frustrating.
And this isn't even the ELT mission. Although I have to admit, killing Maxwell is pretty easy. It's the objectives that make this hard.

Can anyone explain how to get Maxwell? I can either kill her before the espers bar is half full or die trying to increase it without killing her, which also didn't seem to work. Ideas?

Daily got me Summertime Lid.

Figures on the crap banner I get a banner unit right off the bat. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come once Rikku banner arrives.

Edit - Got a Machine Killer TM Moogles as well it seems.

Can anyone explain how to get Maxwell? I can either kill her before the espers bar is half full or die trying to increase it without killing her, which also didn't seem to work. Ideas?

Bring multiple healers. Refia with the dual cast res + my shared Tilith should do the trick. Just survive survive survive.

Bring multiple healers. Refia with the dual cast res + my shared Tilith should do the trick. Just survive survive survive.

I'll try that but my main problem is it gets stuck at 50% and won't go any higher. It's really odd it's happened 3 times now. Once it's halfway she's already half dead unless I let her heal and even when I do the espers bar won't fill up any further.

Is there a character with an LB that fills the esper bar or something perhaps?

bonkeng

Finally managed to fill the meter but Exdeath gets killed every round before I can evoke Diabolos. I was busy reviving and healing him every round and got killed instead. This is frustrating.
And this isn't even the ELT mission. Although I have to admit, killing Maxwell is pretty easy. It's the objectives that make this hard.

Use Minfilia Shining Guard (+70% Light Resist). Bring Orlandu friend (make sure it's not equipped with Excalibur) and use Crush Weapon (-40% atk/mag). Both lasts 3 turns so take note and make sure to reapply accordingly.

When Maxwell uses Rune, cast all your buffs again next turn as it dispels all your buffs.

For summon orb generator, either use Garnet, or a unit with high attack count. I used Lightning with Twin Lance (Yun with DW also works), as she hits 20x per round and depending on your luck, might get your summon gauge full by turn 2.

Kouriozan

Anyone else feel like the rare spawn rate has gone down since maintenance? May just be RNG but I haven't seen one since the game came back online.

Yep, 0 gods since the end of the maintenance, it was really too good for us.
Thankfully I was almost done with it.

The last time we had the trust moogle bonus I pulled like crazy, but it was on the players choice banner with Noctis, Cecil, and Zidane. Getting all those moogles put me ahead of the game with a plethora of new TMs. This summer banner isn't nearly as appealing, but I hope there's another, better, banner with the moogles someday. It's practically like pulling 2 for 1 IMO.

sasuke_91

Use Minfilia Shining Guard (+70% Light Resist). Bring Orlandu friend (make sure it's not equipped with Excalibur) and use Crush Weapon (-40% atk/mag). Both lasts 3 turns so take note and make sure to reapply accordingly.

When Maxwell uses Rune, cast all your buffs again next turn as it dispels all your buffs.

For summon orb generator, either use Garnet, or a unit with high attack count. I used Lightning with Twin Lance (Yun with DW also works), as she hits 20x per round and depending on your luck, might get your summon gauge full by turn 2.

I managed to do it without amy special treatment now, but I'll use this advice for the ELT mission. Thanks!

Congrats, hahaha.

Decided to do a 10+1 just for a few moogles and got Reberta and Summer Lid! And some trash haha. That's it tho, I am done until next week!

Reberta, nice! 3 Summer Lids in one pull though lol.

Thanks! Sent her packing now at least. Well, at first I tried this strat and failed halfway through but realised I was trying it on the 30 NRG one lol. Proceeded to demolish her after.

Speaking of which, is it worth going back for the 15% Dark resist? I know one of you guys has a 1000 ATK friend up that could destroy her when they cycle again.

First ticket pull. Rainbow! And in typical Zera luck it's an off banner rainbow. Fucking QUEEN................................................................................

I should have stopped there and just walked away. Have every banner unit except the new Fina. Why do you deny me multi hit ultima gumi?!?!?!

Visceir

Got 36 relics on the first day, it takes 3600 relics for Adventurer V so....100 days for one materia. Could be worse, I guess.

First ticket pull. Rainbow! And in typical Zera luck it's an off banner rainbow. Fucking QUEEN................................................................................

I should have stopped there and just walked away. Have every banner unit except the new Fina. Why do you deny me multi hit ultima gumi?!?!?!

Seabreeze Dark Fina has regular ultima and can't be enhanced (yet). It's pretty much considered Queen tier on JP.

Alkez

Yep, 0 gods since the end of the maintenance, it was really too good for us.
Thankfully I was almost done with it.

Same here. I just need to get the bangles now, but I would have liked to gone for a purecryst. Would have refreshed to get 1 or 2 based on last weeks rates but not this trash lol.

Also is anyone else having an issue buying anything from the Mog King? Every time I try it says something about the connection then force restarts the app.

I managed to do it without amy special treatment now, but I'll use this advice for the ELT mission. Thanks!

Reberta, nice! 3 Summer Lids in one pull though lol.
Haha I know right? Such dumb units. Oh well.

Is anyone having issues buying stuff from Mog King? I have so much ore I'm just buying the exclusive materia for Elza and Vargas because why not? Problem is, when I go to buy them I get a connection error that boots me out of the game.

Speaking of metal gods, my rates still seem great. I just got 3 out of 4 runs, no lie. It's kind of ridiculous, almost!

Are y'all sure there has been an actual change to spawn rates and that it's not just RNG being RNG? I have had a bunch of them myself, so I, anecdotally, haven't noticed any difference before and after.

Edit: lol @ Indi's post while I was typing mine. :p

Are y'all sure there has been an actual change to spawn rates and that it's not just RNG being RNG? I have had a bunch of them myself, so I, anecdotally, haven't noticed any difference before and after.

Edit: lol @ Indi's post while I was typing mine. :p

All you guys getting seas of them were lucky anyway. I get them 1 or 2 runs a day at best.

Nikokuno

Same here. I just need to get the bangles now, but I would have liked to gone for a purecryst. Would have refreshed to get 1 or 2 based on last weeks rates but not this trash lol.

Also is anyone else having an issue buying anything from the Mog King? Every time I try it says something about the connection then force restarts the app.

Just happen to me trying for the bangles. 2 Metal Gold since the end of the maintenance

Got 36 relics on the first day, it takes 3600 relics for Adventurer V so....100 days for one materia. Could be worse, I guess.

Seabreeze Dark Fina has regular ultima and can't be enhanced (yet). It's pretty much considered Queen tier on JP.

Wow....WOW! Thanks for the tip. I wanted her for that tm but it may not be worth it if she cant even be enhanced yet.....thanks dude! Saved me lots of tickets.

c-murph

Got Beach Time Fina and Lid so I'm happy. Kinda wanted Seabreeze D.Fina but whatevs. Her Ultima can't be enhanced so its kinda no big deal.

Ah, ok. So, that's how it works. You just endlessly collect relics until you have enough. I can do that!

I got 15 yesterday. 3600/15 = 240 days? Not too shabby. I guess you could potentially make as many of these as you wanted if you had infinite time and lapis. Probably stop at one though.

Lyrian

Wow....WOW! Thanks for the tip. I wanted her for that tm but it may not be worth it if she cant even be enhanced yet.....thanks dude! Saved me lots of tickets.

Thought she could be enhanced, but people weren't happy with them because she went down a support route rather than straight damage like regular DFina?

Lyrian

36? Any advance tokens used to get that many?

Visceir

There are charts on the subreddit that show which expeditions offer the most relics. I try to target the C/B rank 3h ones whenever possible.

Main "random" factors would be which ones you get to pick from and the minimal chance of failing an expedition.

Niahak

Got a couple "A" missions yesterday and this morning. At 35 relics right now.

Success rates I could get without party characters were around 50-60% with items.
Adding party characters pushed those up to 70%, and you can safely add your arena party members if they're not used for anything else (or your regulars overnight, of course).

I'll probably start leveling up some characters specifically for expeditions with my Bahamut cactaur stash, since I won't be summoning during this banner anyway.

Camwi

There's no benefit to waiting to pick up Kelsus, right? If I have the crystals for him, I should just buy him ASAP, and then his Awakening involves more crystals?

I just realized that Naked Dark Fina's TM is not a robe....so who is this thing for? It doesn't work with Dark Bond so it seems to be not great. No enhanced Ultima and a TM that is okay, but not great. Useless.

Edit: I just had 2 90% expeditions fail back to back. Neat. Gumi must have used Blizzard's WoW Garrison math equations for this shit.

Alkez

I just realized that Naked Dark Fina's TM is not a robe....so who is this thing for? It doesn't work with Dark Bond so it seems to be not great. No enhanced Ultima and a TM that is okay, but not great. Useless.

I guess the one thing she has is aoe Full Break + (after enhancements).

Not saying she's worth going for, but if you get her on a daily it's not that bad in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom