• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuffymon

Story spoiler sorta?

Anyone else think this... Rain and Laswell were to fight, Rain tells Fina you better cheer me on... and think well now this fight's bs you just got 40% all >.>;

Syntsui

I definetely redeemed a NRG restore 10 and I didn't get the NRG.

Am I missing something here? Is there another screen where I use these things? I thought I was crazy but it's been like this every time they give these things, they never work after being redeemed.

Visceir

Am I missing something here? Is there another screen where I use these things? I thought I was crazy but it's been like this every time they give these things, they never work after being redeemed.

Check inbox for rewards

Edit: if you already got the nrg pots then you can use them when you get the "not enough energy" prompt when entering a mission or you can use em manually from the shop icon -> restore NRG

Vashetti

Banned

You need to be low energy, let's say you have 13 NRG, click something that costs say 25 NRG, then it'll prompt you to use either an item, or lapis to recover.

Choose item.

tuffymon

Little worried about the Genji shield, with our new flashy eq info update it says no added effects instead of Null death or death resist etc...

edit on that note, anyone mind gearing up a noctis with either safety bit or genji shield, and as high of an evasion as you can?

Visceir

Ohhh good to know, I have 7x of these things. Time to use them all.

You'll probably get plenty of those once friend levels are implemented but it'd probably be smart to save a couple in case you want to get something specific done before going to bed and lack 10 energy or something.

Damn, Destiny just seems to mess up all my runs on Maxwell elt. Always kills my Cecil. Is there any way to mitigate damage from that cause that move just cuts through Cecil's hp like a hot knife through butter

Kouriozan

Missing 4 seabloom for Jake since I need his 5* skill, I proceed to spend 30 mins in Phantom Forest stealing all wisp and spider, result I only got one >.<
I wish I had Xon.

Pejo

Damn, Destiny just seems to mess up all my runs on Maxwell elt. Always kills my Cecil. Is there any way to mitigate damage from that cause that move just cuts through Cecil's hp like a hot knife through butter

Destiny is a fixed % damage move. It's 160% HP damage, which will instant kill any unit without some sort of damage mitigation. The general rule is to have your tank provoked and full HP the round she's using it, then use defend. This cuts all damage received by 50%, which brings it down to a total of 80% HP damage. You'll survive with 20% hp left.

Xion86

Okay, cleared ELT with all rewards apart from no KO (thanks to Codingy's Elza). Then went to watch The Mummy which was very disappointing :(. Came back and cleared the last reward in ELT (thanks a lot to Lyrian's enhanced Elza!).

My 5 unit team was:
Cecil
Minfilia
Ling
Refia
Elza (Codingy)

For the no KO reward:
Cecil
Minfilia
Ling
Refia
Orlandeau
Elza (Lyrian)

That's Training the Soul and Maxwell ELT cleared! Think I'll focus on the new story now and get back to Grand Gaia Chronicles after.

So, with unit equips and Expeditions. Currently I'm just picking bonus units which match with the criteria of the expedition (for example staffs, swords, magic etc). Is anyone actually going back out of the screen, equipping units, going back in and selecting those? Seems like that's would be a major pain. I read earlier that equipping units for the higher tiers actually does make a difference to the success rate?

Oh also, Arena REPEAT button... <3 <3 <3. That's such a blessing to clear out Orbs quickly, especially if you have things to do.

Shouta

Little worried about the Genji shield, with our new flashy eq info update it says no added effects instead of Null death or death resist etc...

edit on that note, anyone mind gearing up a noctis with either safety bit or genji shield, and as high of an evasion as you can?

It has protection from instant death even though it doesn't say it as I recall.

Alkez

I didn't really understand Expeditions until just now. It kind of reminds me of the arena. It seems like a nice idea to get a free 5% trust moogle every week but it's way too much work for me personally. I'm just going to make the items that will be useful to me. Mainly stamina potions and awakenings mats. If I get the weekly ticket then that'll be a bonus.

tuffymon

Did anyone ever think that we'd have a system that'd make buy consumables we don't use anymore? Gotta stock up on them potions and tents and stuff >.>;

Azuran

Banned
Whee I'm back from my forced vacation from here. It wasn't really fun.

But maybe getting banned was part of destiny considering I managed to land Tilith a couple of days later \o/

J-Tier

JPCsNHs.jpg

3 week progress.

I'm not ready to beat the first Maxwell yet. I want to be able to use the Diabolos esper, but I don't have that esper yet, and even if I did, I won't have a unit strong enough to last.

Tried using a GAF buddies' Diabolos but summoning an esper with the heaviest hitter on the team didn't work out.

forgrim

[JP] So decided to roll for some banner units to use these trust units i've been getting from the raid event, and had a blue, gold --> rainbow (first one, never had it in global), and picked up a elven archer girl who looks like luna. Looked her up and 97/100 altema ranking!!

what in the world, so my JP team now officially has more 5 star bases than my year old global account. This is ridiculous. [dkc, aileen, tidus, CG Fina, and runera]

gonna run aileen, tidus, cg fina, runera and WoL. i'm seriously tempted to work on jp account seriously now.

Lyrian

That story update is pretty weak, not liking the whole thing.

Just finished the last part of the story......this is getting so damn good!!!!!

Reached the end of it myself just now. Starts out very slowly, but boy oh boy, the TWIST at the end. Where the story cut off was outright cruel.

Anybody get Lakshmi yet?

Acquired and maxed out already.

I didn't really understand Expeditions until just now. It kind of reminds me of the arena. It seems like a nice idea to get a free 5% trust moogle every week but it's way too much work for me personally. I'm just going to make the items that will be useful to me. Mainly stamina potions and awakenings mats. If I get the weekly ticket then that'll be a bonus.

Did anyone ever think that we'd have a system that'd make buy consumables we don't use anymore? Gotta stock up on them potions and tents and stuff >.>;

Kind of semi brain-dead, so I'll leave the long post on explorations until tomorrow.

I will say this.... I'm suspicious. Actually, I think I know what's coming in regard to explorations.

A week-ish ago, I wrote this little piece of precognition about what I thought might be the ugly side of Explorations:

-- Requires a ludicrous number of runs, that is practically impossible **ever** to compete outside spamming short D-tier runs for over a year. Therefore the player would have to give up all meaningful exploration rewards and hardcore grind crap-tier potions for a year to have any shot of obtaining the materia in the lifetime of the game.

That claim wasn't very far off the mark, but far too simplistic as a binary choice [chase prizes or chase relics]. However, if what I'm thinking is right, I sorely understated the nuance of how truly diabolical the system Gumi has developed for explorations that hasn't been fully revealed to players, but will be revealed as the week goes on.

We shall see, and I should probably hit the point of pain by tomorrow at my current relic pace to validate or disprove my theories. The pieces fit too well, and if I'm right, I will tip my old and dusty DM hat in respect to Gumi for crafting an truly evil system here.

It's only 160 relics, right everyone? Good luck to everyone chasing the prize at the end of the rainbow.

Ooooh I got the expedition for a random giancryst... don't fail me 78%!!!

/cackles gleefully

Alkez

But maybe getting banned was part of destiny considering I managed to land Tilith a couple of days later o/

Forced vacation lmao. WB. Someone posted your Twitter pic of Tilith while you were gone. Congrats on the pull. I think almost all the regulars have her now. Hopefully we have an easier time with Rikku.

[JP]gonna run aileen, tidus, cg fina, runera and WoL. i'm seriously tempted to work on jp account seriously now.

[JP] Damn that is ridiculous. I've been working on my JP account pretty seriously now, but I'm at the point where there's not a lot for me to do in GL. It's fun starting a new account. So much to do.

Send me an invite if I don't have you already. My code is in the playbook.

Kind of semi brain-dead, so I'll leave the long post on explorations until tomorrow.

I will say this.... I'm suspicious. Actually, I think I know what's coming in regard to explorations.

I look forward to reading the theory.

tuffymon

/cackles gleefully

I too look forward to this write up, hopefully it's not as simple as gotta get em to spend all that hard earned gold so when the serious enhancements come around they wont have gold or something similar, and if it is... I hope 33.5 mil gets me to the finish line >.>;

Shouta

[JP] So decided to roll for some banner units to use these trust units i've been getting from the raid event, and had a blue, gold --> rainbow (first one, never had it in global), and picked up a elven archer girl who looks like luna. Looked her up and 97/100 altema ranking!!

what in the world, so my JP team now officially has more 5 star bases than my year old global account. This is ridiculous. [dkc, aileen, tidus, CG Fina, and runera]

gonna run aileen, tidus, cg fina, runera and WoL. i'm seriously tempted to work on jp account seriously now.

Runera can be a magic chainer with a crazy high hit attack after enhancements and she's basically Ramza though her singing is 90% instead of 100%, I think. Very great pull. =o

robotuw

Well, today was certainly a productive one. I beat the Maxwell trial, got through the new story, cleared up all my pending story quests, did all undone explorations, leveled up, finished collecting all vault keys, got and maxed Lakshmi, and earned about 3k lapis while doing it!

I've bought all power giantcrysts and only have one more support left. After that I think I'll finally call it on this event. It's been great but I've got a Magi staff and a machine killer to farm before next week.

Not sure if I've been lucky or what (only failed one expedition so far) but I've got 58 relics already. At this rate I'll have no problem earning the 160 for the week.

Just finished the last part of the story......this is getting so damn good!!!!!

Current (24 Jun) story spoilers:

HOLY SHIT THAT REVEAL I DIDN'T SEE IT COMING OMG. HOW CAN IT END THERE? Who the fuck is Darklord? Also, Raegan's not winning any father of the year awards, that's for sure...

To be absolutely honest, I'd rank this in the upper half of Final Fantasy games I've played.

Syntsui

INT Maze up on JP, time to farm those LB pots.

Edit: I'm deluded, it kind sucks for LB pots. I ran several times and could only get one big pot and one small pot, more than half of my attempts couldn't even get past the second screen >.>

Prophanity

Neo Member
Finally managed to get my Gilgamesh-proof Fohlen to carry my friend who's way behind.

If anyone still hasn't done it, fee lfree to add: 515, 337, 526

Some basics:

Take a full team to hit as hard as possible early on, other wise you're in for a long fight. Do your best to keep em alive, but don't use any items or you'll miss the bushido freedom.

Do NOT use Fohlen's jump. It won't carry across the Light element hit and Gilga will stomp you with Excalipoor/Holy.

You can use the odin summon, but only if Fohlen has countered with a physical hit or holy during Gilga's turn.

Limit break kill is a bollock ache. He literally needs to have a dot of health as the damage output is not great.

I'll take the unit down on Wednesday, but will put him back up for anyone who requests.

Happy hunting if you use it!

Alkez

The worst part about starting a new account is having to do all the nonsense time consuming quests again. And when it's in a language you don't understand you really have to keep on top of it.

Prolly faling again. So easy to fail.

I know right. It feels like 10% equals 50% with this.

Rixa

The worst part about starting a new account is having to do all the nonsense time consuming quests again. And when it's in a language you don't understand you really have to keep on top of it.

I know right. It feels like 10% equals 50% with this.

Btw your units can take part to Arena even they are on Expedition.

Ace & Noctis are in that exp and I did 5 Arena fights with them in party.

c-murph

Daily Galuf this morning. That's not my Seabreeze Gumi. WTF.

Any point in holding onto the FFXIV materials... like does the event comeback in several months?

tuffymon

Daily Galuf this morning. That's not my Seabreeze Gumi. WTF.

Any point in holding onto the FFXIV materials... like does the event comeback in several months?

We know it comes back again for Garuda, not quite sure if they drop the materials again or not (I'd assume so, since some are evolve mats)

c-murph

We know it comes back again for Garuda, not quite sure if they drop the materials again or not (I'd assume so, since some are evolve mats)

I guess it won't hurt to hold onto them... even though I get the crap in excess when the event arrive. I got room in inventory. Worst case I just sell them.

Emilbus

Wow had a giancryst expedition that was at 49% succeed. Also another random expedition that was at 68% successful as well. Sitting on 50 relic at the moment.

Alkez

[JP] Spent a ticket from the raid. Yellow. Hope. F off!!! I seriously hate that unit. Even in JP he continues to troll me. I just wanted Cor, but anything would have been better than that.

Kouriozan

Ok just finished the story update and it makes more sense but still took a bit too long for that revelation, hope the pacing is better after that.
Time to go after all the keys!

Xion86

Wow, yesterday's daily was Beach Time Fina and today's Daily was Summer Lid....I hardly ever get banner units on daily pulls! Not going to complain.

Damn, failed 2 of my 8hr Expeditions this morning :( both had 80% success. Maybe I should start equipping units with gear before sending out if that helps the chances.

Success, black giancryst!

I guess I've been lucky with these so far, haven't failed one yet!

Wow very lucky! Think I've had 4 failed so far which sucks. So are you equipping the units with gear before sending them off?

But maybe getting banned was part of destiny considering I managed to land Tilith a couple of days later o/

Welcome back :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom